Keeping Up ~ [Tag: Inakil/Marve]

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:25 am

(Starts off here in the Feast)
Najden was pleased that Inakil allowed him to make him a drink as well. The first one he made he actually handed over to Inakil so he could have the first one. "Here you are. Enjoy. I'll make my own now." He began making himself one of the strong cocktails. He was quite skilled at making delicious drinks with a kick considering that he liked to drink more often than not, but he didn't always want the awful taste that the stronger alcohols could bring. It wasn't long until his own drink was in hand.

"So... how have you been? Did you go see the hatching?"

"Oh you know...same old same old." Naji answered as they made their way to a table. He paused for a moment to go back to the table to grab himself a bottle of gin to continue enjoying. "Oh absolutely. I wouldn't miss such a thing. It was grand, yeah." He sat down next to Inakil and then raised his glass in a toast before taking a gulp of it. "Mm...that tastes wonderful if I can say so myself." He took another drink of it.

"What about you? Did you go to the hatching?"
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:58 am

Inakil accepted the drink handed to him, curiously looking into the glass for a moment while Najden fixed himself his own now. Inakil really hadn't drunk more than wine, now that he thought about it, and there was a voice in his head wondering if it was a good idea, and it wasn't Dolcekil's voice either. When Najden gave his answers to his questions though, Inakil ceased his staring into the liquid and followed to a table. He suddenly felt... adolescent, with this drink in front of him he realized he had likely never had a sip of any of the drinks that it was made up of, and Naji already had taken a considerable gulp of his.

"Me and Dolly stayed at the creche this time, helped with some of the children so some of the workers could go watch in peace," Inakil answered, looking back down at his glass of untouched drink. He kind of felt embarrassed at himself, and so he took the glass into his hand again, and took his own drink of it, taking a larger drink than he intended. He had to gulp it down quickly so he wouldn't choke or spit it out, coughing a few times after he swallowed and turning red in embarrassment.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Ari ..::||::.. Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. Tovalia ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin
Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Naia ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Solonia ..::||::.. Letitia ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Reyzia
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:15 am

"Me and Dolly stayed at the creche this time, helped with some of the children so some of the workers could go watch in peace,"

Naji took another smaller sip of his drink as he listened to Inakil. "That was awfully kind of you. I hope those people were thankful." He stated honestly as he watched people beginning to dance to the sound of the harper's music. It had been awhile since he'd danced at something like this, but he would rather stay with Inakil then dance with some random person.

He watched as Inakil took a deep gulp of his drink. He would have warned him not to do that, but he didn't think about it. The next moment the young Rosehandler was choking slightly on the drink. "Whoa...easy there, Inakil. No need to get yourself so choked up." Naji said as he patted the man on the back to help him. He was no stranger to drinking and any of the alcohol that was offered during this feast. No doubt the young lord could drink just about anyone under the table. Naji wasn't exactly looking to prove that though. All he wanted to do was relax and have fun.

He downed the rest of his glass for the only reason that he wanted to feel a bit of a buzz. He wasn't intending for Inakil to shadow him as far as his drinking habits were concern. "So...how have you been, Inakil? Life treating you well?"
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Marvealle
Site Admin

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:28 am

Inakil was so grateful that he didn't hear any laughter from Najden, or even any teasing remark, if anything the other male just tried to help him, and Inakil nodded a thank you for that, even if he was still embarrassed by nearly choking on the drink. He was glad Najden was willing to continue to conversation though without making a big deal about that. Even so, Inakil couldn't help but notice how the lordling already had his drink downed, and for a moment, Inakil looked into his glass to see how much of it was left, taking another sip as he made an internal challenge to himself.

For a moment Inakil hummed in thought before answering the question posed to him, then shrugged his shoulders, taking another sip, trying to get his glass finished too, but not be quite so obvious about it.

"Things have been well, nothing new really. Dolly didn't Rise when I thought she would this time, not that I'm complaining, it gives me a bit of a longer break." He chuckled here. He didn't necessarily hate Dolcekil's Runs, but Inakil never brought anyone into his apartment for it, always riding it out alone, which sometimes he really hated doing, but other times he wasn't sure he really wanted to open his door to people for it. He took another sip of his drink, and noting it was almost empty, drank the rest, shuddering slightly at the amount of alcohol and the taste that bombarded him all at once from that. At least he didn't almost choke that time though.

"I like work in the Support Team a little more than in the normal Guard Teams. With a few more dayhandlers around, I was able to transfer to the support team so me and Dolly kind of act as creche guards. She loves it, being around all the children."
Ari ..::||::.. Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. Tovalia ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin
Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Naia ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Solonia ..::||::.. Letitia ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Reyzia
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:03 am

Despite his 22 turns, Naji liked to think he was a veteran when it came to drinking. With his drink gone, he opened up the bottle of gin that he had brought with him so he could pour himself another drink. Gin wasn't his drink of choice, but he didn't feel like drinking a whole bunch this evening just to hit the perfect level drunk and the gin would be hard enough to get him there.

"Things have been well, nothing new really. Dolly didn't Rise when I thought she would this time, not that I'm complaining, it gives me a bit of a longer break."

"Oh? Not a big fan of her runs are you?" Naji asked curiously. While he was sure he would never know what they were life for himself the thought of them seemed more pleasant than not. Then again, he was more of the promiscuous type to begin with. "I'm sure she'll be excited to have another clutch to dote over though. I can imagine how she runs you ragged though. At least, from all the stories I've heard of clutching mothers make it seem like they can be quite the handful." Naji poured himself a shot of the gin and downed it. He noticed then that Inakil was finishing off his own drink. An amused look crossed his face. "Would you like some more?" He asked.

"I like work in the Support Team a little more than in the normal Guard Teams. With a few more dayhandlers around, I was able to transfer to the support team so me and Dolly kind of act as creche guards. She loves it, being around all the children."

"I can imagine. Guarding the kiddos certainly seems like an important job to have." Naji stated with a grin. He poured them both a shot of the gin. "Shall we toast to a good hatching and a fun Feast?"

Marvealle
Site Admin

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:06 am

Inakil thought a moment on Naji's question of not being a big fan of Dolcekil's Runs. Did he really dislike them? Sometimes he really wasn't sure, and it caused him to think on it a bit before Naji offered him some more. Inakil pushed his glass over to have it refilled, still internally insistent on keeping up with the slightly older male on drinking, having no idea how much he would regret it. In fact, he swore the room suddenly tried to spin around, though everything stayed in one place, it was the only way he could describe the sudden wave of... fuzziness that hit him so suddenly.

"Shall we toast to a good hatching and a fun Feast?"

"Ah, yes, of course," Inakil agreed, then looked down at the clear liquid, steeled his nerve, and quickly downed it. Surprisingly it wasn't that hard to down, though it kind of tasted like... trees, but a few seconds later, the alcohol really started to hit his system and everything felt like it was swaying. Inakil tried his hardest not to sway, though he was likely failing.

"Feasts are great," Inakil commented with a firm nod of his head. "Then again, I like most gatherings," he chuckled with another nod. "Shumtimes I wish dayhandlers got feasts too for their hatchings, buuut we're not as important." He chuckled once more.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:33 am

Naji's multi-toned brown eyes watched the handsome young man at his side. There was little signs that was giving away the fact that he was beginning to feel the liquor he'd have. It was the look in his eyes. Naji knew that look well, far too well. Inakil was beginning to feel the first stages of drunk. He wasn't sure how often the dayhandler drank, but Naji had a good feeling that it wasn't often. Their glasses clinked together in his toast before both of them downed the clear liquid. Once he sat his glass down, he tapped it twice (the traditional way of saying pour me another) out of habit before pouring himself another shot. He was only now beginning to feel closer to drunk than tipsy.

"Feasts are great," Inakil commented with a firm nod of his head. "Then again, I like most gatherings," he chuckled with another nod. "Shumtimes I wish dayhandlers got feasts too for their hatchings, buuut we're not as important."

More amusement lit his eyes as he listened to Inakil. The man was certainly feeling it. "Well, of course, what's not to lie? Dancing, music, good food and drinks....not to mention the company and chance to meet people." Naji agreed, but being a Lord Holder's son he was a little more privileged with being able to attend such things. "Oh come now. You and the handlers are important. I'm honestly shocked you don't have feasts. Perhaps that is something you should bring up to the leaders."

He was about ready to down his drink before he realized he might be acting rude. "Did you want another? You're drunk already, of course, but one more probably wouldn't hurt you." Naji asked.

Marvealle
Site Admin

Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:47 am

There was a long and thoughtful hum from Inakil as Najden suggested the idea of bringing up feasts for the handlers up to the leaders. In his current state of mind, Inakil thought it sounded like a great idea, after all, why couldn't handlers be celebrated like the dragonriders too? They played their part in the Weyr as well, and dragonriders here didn't do as much with Thread as they did up in the North. So clearly that meant handlers weren't as beneath riders as they used to be. Of course, this was all thought with a drunk mind, later Inakil would realize the logic of only having feasts for dragon hatchings and drop the idea.

"Did you want another? You're drunk already, of course, but one more probably wouldn't hurt you."

"Hm? Oh! Yesh, another," Inakil answered, seeing the lordling sitting with him also had another drink and Inakil was insistent on keeping up. "I'm good, I'm good, I think I can handle a bit more," he then added, nodding his head and hoping that would placate Najden for now and not make the other male try to cut him off.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:06 am

"Hm? Oh! Yesh, another," Inakil answered, seeing the lordling sitting with him also had another drink and Inakil was insistent on keeping up. "I'm good, I'm good, I think I can handle a bit more,"

Najden gave the rosehandler a quizzical and amused look. "Alright. Who am I to argue with you." He said with a crinkling of his nose. He poured Inakil another shot, though if the liquid didn't fully reach a full shot he would claim ignorance. He sincerely doubted that his friend would notice he wasn't getting a full shot anyways. "There you are, good man. Shall we toast to our friendship then?" That seemed an appropriate thing to shoot to. After all, Inakil had been the first friend he'd made at New Atricis. With the toast made and glasses clinked, Naji downed the shot with a pleased smack of his lips.

"That is some good shit." He stated happily. "Nothing like a good drink and even better company." Naji gave Inakil a pat on the shoulder. "So..you think you can handle a bit more...exactly how much do you honestly drink? On a normal basis that is?" He asked, hoping the man would answer him honestly. He certainly didn't want to be the reason why Inakil got sick drunk.

Marvealle
Site Admin

Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:15 am

He chuckled when Najden seemed to give in and made his comment before he poured the shot. Of course, Inakil didn't notice the fact it wasn't quite a full shot, possibly not noticing even if he was perfectly sober to be honest. At the suggestion for his second toast, Inakil smiled and nodded, clinking together the glasses before following Najden's lead and downing the shot. The glass plopped down onto the table a little harder that time, and Inakil was finding the stuff going down a whole lot easier now. In fact unless he really thought about it, it was almost like he wasn't fully aware that he was downing more liquid.

"So..you think you can handle a bit more...exactly how much do you honestly drink? On a normal basis that is?"

Inakil's first reaction was to give Najden a grin and chuckle at him before answering verbally.

"Wouldn't you like to know," he nearly giggled as he reached out and poked Najden on the nose lightly before giggling again.