This is Not the End ~ Tag: Teagan/Marvealle

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him
Tag Status: Open Permission Needed

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:24 am

@Marvealle
Date: Spring 2050

"Goddess, Kwame. What in the world did you do to yourself to get this much mud stuck on you?" Calivander asked with a chuckle and a smile as he scrubbed between the gray's back frills. This was one of Cal's favorite things to do, give the unbonded daywhers a bath. It wasn't as if they needed the help bathing. If they did they'd likely pick a person to bond to. Therefore, Cal always felt like it was an honor when one of them asked him to help them bathe. Kwame was one of his favorites too.

I was hunting for mud skippers. You can't find them in places other than mud... so, of course, I got this dirty. The gray answered as if Cal should have known that answer. He stood perfectly still as the mud was washed off of his ashy gray body. A hum of happiness and content greeted the candidates efforts.

"Oh...right right. Mud skippers. I should have known," Calivander said with a shake of his head. He had no idea what the daywher meant by 'mud skippers', but daywhers had a habit of calling things by their own name for them rather than what people called them. Since Kwame was one of the older unbonded daywhers as well, so he used more of the daywhers words for things. "Well, I hope you managed to catch yourself a tasty treat in effort of getting this dirty. Daiga and I will get you washed up in no time. Won't we, Daiga?" Calivander promised him.

Daiga was sitting on Kwame's rump and scrubbed down the daywher's flanks. She chirped happily as she continued to scrub the gray's hide. Like her owner, the prized golden fancy loved helping bathe the daywhers. She couldn't wait until Cal had one...at least that's what he kept telling her.

I did! Several of them. I made sure to take them to a stream to wash the mud off. I'm not a fan of mud taste. Then I gobbled them down. The gray stated with quite a bit of pride for his accomplishments and his tasty snack.

"Next time you'll have to bring me back some," Cal teased him but he happily agreed to do so. There were moments when Cal wondered why none of the adult unbonded daywhers chose him to bond to...but he hoped that eventually, he would have a daywher bond himself.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any
Tag Status: Open

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:31 am

These days Teagen was doing... well, perhaps "better" wasn't quite the right word, but she wasn't doing worse either. Although Syra and Rasenth had truly been supportive, and there for Teagen, she hadn't really made any improvements. However, then again, with those that had an inkling of what losing a dragon felt like, perhaps not doing worse was doing good in this case. For the most part, Teagen worked, spending most of her time in the crafter complex, working on helping with leather tanning, or even making things. She used the tool apron that Syra had commissioned as a gift for Teagen though, finding it very helpful, but also... a strange sort of comfort as well, the weight of it and the tie around her waste making her feel more secure in a way she couldn't put into words. It somehow made the days a little easier to manage, like the apron was a shield from whatever else the world wanted to torment her with next.

Some days, however, her fellow tanners made her get out of the hall. While many were sympathetic to her suffering at least, they still didn't want to see her wasting away inside every single day. She needed to rest sometimes, though getting her to do that was easier said than done. Teagen was already a good worker before this, but now it was a distraction for her as well, her grief pumping up her desire to work to distract from what she felt, or what the future held. The future was still hard for her to think about much, the best she could do was think about tomorrow. However, today, Teagen had found herself kicked out of the hall.

"We don't have any work for you today, everyone else already has it taken care of," one of the senior members of the hall insisted, practically pushing Teagen out the door when she tried to argue. "Others need to get some work in too, and apprentices need to practice some of the other jobs, so you are being kicked out for the day. We don't want to see you hanging around, got it?" The words by themselves sounded almost mean, as if Teagen was being rejected, but the tone said otherwise, stern, yes, but casual, perhaps even caring a bit. Still, leaving the hall and her tool apron behind for the day hadn't been easy, and eventually, after pacing around the crafthall complex and even peeking by the Weyr greenhouse, Teagen decided to walk to the bathhouse to kill some time.

However, Teagen didn't go the most direct route, opting to take a more roundabout way along the edges of the Weyr proper until she came up to the river that cut through the west edge of the Yard. From there she followed it up toward the lake. Taking this long way served two purposes for her, helping her to waste time, but also to avoid dragons, dominantly, the Weyrlings. Teagen might not break down around dragons, but sometimes their presence was a little much for her, and the Weyrlings... especially the White pair, as she learned what they were being called now... They were too much for her to handle still, so she tended to avoid that class and her old Dragon Candidate peers when she couldn't hide away in the tanner hall of the Weyr.

This long route took a while, but also took Teagen near the lake. She knew, on a day like this, there was the chance she would come across dragons bathind, even the Weyrlings, so she planned to cut across the yard after the bend in the river, to avoid the lake. It wasn't perfect though, as this route still took her close at one point about three fourths between the river bend and the bathhouse, the slightly oblong shape of the Weyr lake bringing it surprisingly close to the large heated building. Luckily, today, the Weyrlings at least weren't there, allowing her to avoid them for a while longer. However, as she came close to the lake, movements and a voice drew her attention, naturally looking over to locate the source.

It was a man, she noticed, talking out loud. Perhaps she thought it was to himself at first, but as her steps slowed in curiosity, she noticed the gray colored beast that he was hanging in the water with. The creature was caked in mud, but she could still see his gray hide and the whirl of happy dragonkin eyes. She soon realized that this creature was one of the Weyr's Daywhers, a Southern creature that lived only on the western side of the continent, and had a strong relationship with New Atricis. However, during Teagen's time here, she really hadn't interacted with them much, or really seen the daywhers much outside of brief glances.

Curiously, she stopped, watching the man and Daywher interact, a glitter of gold catching her eye as well. She was impressed at the size of the flitt, not having seen a Gold Prize fancy flit before. However, as grief tended to do, it gripped her chest tightly, feeling like it might squeeze her heart until it stopped beating as the bathing Daywher made her think of what it would have been like to bathe her dragonet. How big would they have been by now? Would that daywher there be bigger than them still? Was bathing a dragonet anything like bathing a daywher like the man and his furflit were doing? She wished she hadn't thought of dragonets and baths though, holding her hand to her own chest as she breathed through the intense wave of sorrow that struck her in that moment.
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Image ~..:: Dragonfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Wherfolk & Dayfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Pearlfolk & Weyrfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image
Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Site Avatar art by Naomi Lord
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him
Tag Status: Open Permission Needed

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:15 am

Calivander and Daiga continued to wash the gray daywher. While they did they talked about whatever Kwame wanted to talk about. He was fifteen turns old, so the gray had quite a few stories he liked to tell. Granted, his memory wasn't great so the stories changed a little each time, but Cal found that made them even more endearing to listen to.

He'd just been laughing at something funny Kwame had said when all of a sudden it felt as if his heart was gripped tight in sorrow. Cal was paralyzed for a moment as waves of despair washed over him to the point he felt his own throat tighten and his eyes began to tear up. He leaned against Kwame with his forehead pressed to his side as he attempted to calm his emotions. No, they weren't his emotions...he had no reason for such a sudden onslaught of grief. There had to be someone nearby that was feeling those emotions.

Are you okay, Cal? Did my story distress you so badly? The gray asked with deep concern. Even Daiga stopped what she was doing to come over and comfort her owner.

"I'm alright. I promise it was nothing you did...but it is coming from someone. Do you two see anyone nearby?" Cal asked as he dried his eyes and looked around himself. He, of course, could only see blobs so far out. Through Daiga's eyes, she pointed out to him an individual standing on the shore not too far away from them. They didn't seem to find anyone else nearby, so it had to be them.

Cal walked closer to shore towards where Daiga directed him. He put one hand up and gave a warm smile to the person, "Hello. I'm Calivander. Would you like to come join us? We're just finishing up giving Kwame a bath then we'll probably play in the water a bit longer."
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..