A Furry Search & Rescue - Tag: S'lye/Saerle

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him
Tag Status: Open Permission Needed

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:39 am

@Saerle

Do you think we're going to find bandits or more of those terrible felines? Iolith asked as Sid finished attaching his crossbow to the straps. His eyes were whirling faster with anxiousness, but he was more than ready to face whatever might be at this camp Chimerarider S'lye had stumbled across.

I don't know, Iolith. I'm going to hope not. Though, there could be something left behind that might help the weyr root out more bandits or more of those feline breeders. Faranth knows we don't need more of them. Sid said in a serious tone as he clipped his belt dagger in and then proceeded to mount onto his brilliant blue. Being a healer, Sid didn't like the possibility that he could harm something, be it man or beast. Truthfully, the only reason he'd offered to go is in case a healer would be needed.

Iolith gave a low growl at the thought of the feline breeders. Thanks to Sid's perfect recall it was easier for him to remember things...or more like it was easier for him to be reminded of them. Don't worry. I will protect you and the others. The blue stated gallantly.

Sid gave a dimpled smile and gave his blue a loving slap on the neck. He looked around and saw that the others were mounting now too. The chimerarider had said the camp looked abandoned, but there was a handful of them going to doublecheck. His bright blue eyes looked back to S'lye, Let know S'lye and Vaerisyth that we're ready to go.

Vaerisyth, please let your rider know that Sid and I are ready to go when you and the others are. The blue spoke to the chimera.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Saerle
Title: Laureate
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:33 am

Image @Parker
S'lye finished his last check on his straps and turned to address the assembled group. "Right, everyone. I hope you have come prepared... though the camp I reported to the Weyrleaders was abandoned when I was there, it has been several days and it's possible that they have returned in the mean time. I have asked that everyone come armed, and come prepared to stay at least 2 days. We have a Healer on hand, I'll be along in case any of your pets have a need of me, and we have plenty of people trained with weapons fighting in various forms. Among us are also ten pairs of dragonriders so there will always be someone available to remove people from a dangerous situation if it arises. Please also use the buddy system -- no one goes anywhere alone unless our Bluerider Syra's Rasenth informs us that there are no humans around. I do not want any ambushes to happen... let's not take chances.

That being said, you will also be deployed to look around the area for any clues in case this is one of the monster feline bandit camps. We will bring back any information to the Weyr -- even if it turns out to be nothing. Riders, please make yourselves available to hear what non-riders need to relay. Communication will be key. Let's mount up and head out."

S'lye was not usually one for many words but this group was looking to him as the point on the mission and these were important. We will protect everyone together! Vaerisyth was telling Iolith happily as he passed on the blue's message along with those of the others in their group. Once everyone was strapped in and ready to go, S'lye pumped his fist in the 'take off' command and waited for everyone to come aloft. Once all 12 of the pairs and their passengers were in formation, S'lye sent their destination image through his dragon to the others and they slipped between to arrive a bit off from the camp so as to fly in.

S'lye saw no smoke rising from the camp in the distance and the sky was clear and bright, no wind marring their fields of vision. S'lye turned toward Sid'nis, his second in command for the mission, and toward Syra who was flying slightly below the pair, her dragon clearly working his ability to sense humans other than their group as they flew toward their destination. "Let's land in the clearing a little before the camp, can you see it?" he called loud enough to be heard on the clear day.

"Rasenth reports no humans in a wide band around the camp and our current position. Chimerarider S'lye, if I may suggest... perhaps we should simply land at the camp? There appears to be no reason not to." Syra called up to them, her voice carrying.

Not wanting to leave his second out of that decision S'lye turned back to Sid'nis. Even though they'd been thrown together to work this mission he already felt as though they were getting along well, "Bluerider Sid'nis, what do you think of Bluerider Syra's suggestion?"

The group was still a ways off from the camp and flying in directly so there was more then enough time for the three to discuss their landing parameters without holding up the group.

Animals know. They know how a soul is stitched together.
They know what it's made of before anyone else gets a clue.
And only the bravest people dare own a pet,
Who would tell the world the kind of soul they are in private.
.::Marks Tracking :: Characters, Recurring NPCs & Available Family Tracker :: Candidate Questionnaires::.
Italic speech from dragon or human is telepathic, unstyled text is heard by anyone nearby for my characters.
Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage

Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him
Tag Status: Open Permission Needed

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:55 am

@Saerle

At this point, even Sid was getting anxious to leave. The sooner they got there then the sooner they would be able to know if they would have to fight or not. Granted, the camp could look abandoned and still they could be attacked later, but Sid really preferred to not fly into a fight immediately. He listened and agreed with everything S'lye was saying. Having a buddy system might seem like something for creche children, but it was a good way to have each other's backs. With the signal given, Iolith lept into the air with the rest of the group. One moment there were twelve dragons in formation above the weyr and the next they had blinked between.

They came out some distance from the site of the camp. There was no smoke, so that was a plus. Iolith looked around below them and in every direction but there was no sign of people. Sid continued to scan the area as S'lye and Syra spoke. "I think if it's safe to land at the camp first we should. Perhaps then we'd have a better idea of what we might be in for. Besides, it isn't as if we have to stay in the camp if it seems it might be a bad idea." Sid'nis gave his advice. Considering he'd never truly been in a position of leadership, he was used to following orders.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Saerle
Title: Laureate
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:03 am

S'lye nodded. The three of them were the only one's whose opinions mattered at that moment. There was no point in asking the rest of the group, they were simply along for the mission to take orders. The chimerarider took a moment to think through their options, weighing the benefits and the detriments to both. Finally, he nodded, agreeing with his partners for the mission. "I agree. I trust Rasenth's sensing ability and if he says there's an all clear, and both of you also agree with that... then let us land at the camp."

Vaerisyth gave a mental nod, opening his band of communication to include all of their group. He took the commands from S'lye and voiced them knowing that Sid'nis and Syra wouldn't have been privy to the silent thoughts of his rider's wishes, Everyone, we will be landing at the camp you can see in the distance. Please make sure to space yourselves in a circle to surround the camp and act as a perimeter against anyone getting in without our knowledge.

Having given the orders and having none else to give until they landed, S'lye allowed the chimera to voice his permission to cut the flight directly and between to the camp. Vaerisyth slipped between, Rasenth following quickly and the pair blinked back into the formation above the camp, landing behind the largest of the makeshift huts and crouching to allow S'lye to slide off his back. Obeying the buddy system, the man made no further movement toward the camp, leaving the dragonlengths to walk in on foot with Sid'nis.

"Rasenth confirms his previous statement. There's no one here right now." Syra didn't share her own sensation of there being no emotions besides her own and his... there was only a select few who knew that secret and S'lye was not one of them.

K'ren landed as well, his green Atsaith taking the space a ways off from Rasenth to continue the encircling border the dragons were creating. "Want to buddy up, Sy?" he called. S'lye watched her nod and nodded to himself, looking for Sid.

"You and I, Syra and K'ren will go in first." he began, noting the rest of their group had landed and converged on him. "Rasenth confirms there is no one about, but surround the camp and go in waves. We need to check for any lingers monster felines or dangers. We have no idea what animals could be there, as Rasenth cannot sense creatures -- just humans. Some of you who are less savvy with weapons might wish to stay back and unload."

S'lye didn't waste any time, always efficient. He nodded to his group of four and led them forward. Releasing his short sword he made his way toward the camp and emerged around the side of the largest hut, taking his first step to look around him.

As far as the eye could see in the camp were cages of animals. Furred, scaled, feathered... and they all looked listless and unfed. When had they been abandoned?! His hand slacked on the sword, "This is... this isn't what I expected." he said aloud, his voice shocked. S'lye looked around him, moving to the largest hut again and poking his head inside. The sheer size of the thing had made him think that a monster feline had lived there but the moment he looked inside, he knew he was wrong.

Perhaps the bandits with their felines had lived here once... but no more. Not with a massive feline hide on the wall of the hut, tacked up like some sort of prize. No... the bandits wouldn't have done that to their bonded feline. S'lye turned to Sid, "I think this is a fur trader camp that was abandoned. Not a monster feline camp... at least, not anymore."

Syra tapped him on the shoulder then, "Except for that fur, the other small huts are much the same. There are some marks, some hides, abandoned food, and minor supplies that appear to have been left as though they were going to return. Eleven huts in all... if the four of us share this huge one, the others can make their own camps inside the others."

The plan sounded logical... it sounded like Syra knew he wasn't just going to let the animals starve here and none of his group would expect a pet Healer like him to leave them to the wilds without recuperating first either. S'lye nodded, "Sid, would you mind passing the word to bring camp here? I have... something to take care of." he said, moving into the hut and unpinning the feline hide from the wall. Killers or not, the feline had been loved and revered much like a dragon was to their rider. It wasn't ride to pin it up like a prize in the way that it was.

He made himself take his time, not wanting to damage the hide which, despite the barbaric method in which it had been taken, was preserved marvelously as though it were going to be sold for a high price. He would show the hide to the Weyrleaders and explain that it had been a trader's camp instead. And after that... he would find something to do with the hide. S'lye folded it carefully, noting the suppleness of it. Someone had very carefully worked it in the manner of a Master.
.::Marks Tracking :: Characters, Recurring NPCs & Available Family Tracker :: Candidate Questionnaires::.
Italic speech from dragon or human is telepathic, unstyled text is heard by anyone nearby for my characters.
Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage