A Break from the Tomes [OPEN]

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any
Tag Status: Open

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:54 am

It was nearing half a turn now that Nimuriel and the other refugees had been at the Weyr. Everyone was still getting settled, finding their places at the Weyr, either in the lower caverns, the kitchens, the crafthalls, or even the Wings. Many of the handful of riders that had come from Walled were capable of joining in with the Atrician threadfighting Wings, drilling with them first to make sure they could work well within the groups and understood how Atrician Threadfighting methods worked. Some didn't though, and Nimuriel was one of them. While he wondered what it was he was missing out on, realizing as a rider in Ivory Feather he was one of few, and lacked the natural comradere Wingmates of other wings seemed to be gaining with one another, it didn't bother him too much. He was at home with texts and books and researched and politics. It was what he was raised for by his family, and what he continued to do as a cleric for Walled Hold. Some days, Nimuriel even reached out to his fellow refugees, performing his more spiritual duties to give hope to those here, even making sure the gold dragon altar that had been set up for the Wallese people was clean and well kept for.

Today, however, hadn't been one of those days for Nimuriel. While he understood archives and information were generally handled by the Archivists, called Harpers here instead of Scholars, he had still spent a lot of his day among the books and scrolls. The Diplomacy Wing currently had no important work to be done, so he set to make himself useful where he was most comfortable. He was a common face in the Weyr library, him returning often due to the familiarity of the written word, but also his need to take in as much information about New Atricis as he could in order to serve the Diplomacy Wing properly. In fact, during the day's research about his current new home, he had begun to really realize what the Diplomacy Wing had done so far for Atricis, and set about taking notes on perhaps how the Wing and its functions could be improved from an outsider's perspective.

Eventually though, he had to leave to get some air, and some food beyond snacks, but it was well into the evening by the time he was able to be kicked out by the archivists who were wanting to switch shifts soon. When Viridith offered to take him to the dining hall, Nimuriel waved her off, giving the sweeat darling a loving scratch on the snout.

*No worries my sweet. I could use a stretch, so I'll walk to the hall.*

And so he did, trekking across the Weyryard as the sun set at a leisurely pace, feeling the muscles in his legs stiff from underuse stretch and warm again. As he walked, he noted the physiques of many of the other riders around. While Nimuriel wasn't out of shape, he certainly wasn't muscular like so many others. A lot of both the women and men had muscular arms and torsos and legs fit for their line of work battling Thread and riding dragons. Nimuriel, on the other hand, definitely looked more like the archivists he had spent the day with. He wasn't small, but he was skinny and lean, lacking even half the muscle definition even the more lean individuals here sported. He was clearly a bookworm in a sea of fit fighters, and while it gave him a lot to appreciate visually, it did make him a little self conscious of himself, wondering if he should take up a more rigorous exercise routine. He wondered if there would be anyone who could help him, or a group that trained together that would welcome him in.

Entering the dining hall after his nice walk, Nimuriel kindly and politely found a kitchen worker and asked for some food to take to a table. The woman smiled at him sweetly and insisted he sit and she could just bring it over to him, as was common practice here. He smiled back, nodded and thanked her before finding himself a table not far away so he would be easy to find, and from there, he watched the room around him, listening to the dull roar of a busy dining hall filled with people. From his table he watched a group of threadfighters, a whole Wing it looked like, chatting and having a good time with one another in their own downtime. He smiled, even if he felt a little envious of how it seemed the fighting Wings formed a bond with one another he wasn't sure he had with the Diplomacy Wing. Perhaps he could seek out changes for it though to help with that... maybe.

For now, he people watched, petting Livvy and Lexie who sat on the table to be near him while he waited for his meal.
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Image ~..:: Dragonfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Wherfolk & Dayfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Pearlfolk & Weyrfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image
Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Site Avatar art by Naomi Lord
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:09 pm

It was hard to believe graduation was fast approaching, something Kal was definitely looking forward to. As much as he enjoyed the lessons he longed to be out in the field, doing patrols and a full fledged Wherhandler. He had been used to patrolling and enforcing the law for Turns as a Belifex and missed the routine, but not the injustice he would constantly see at Walled Hold. New Atricis was far less corrupt and more focused on ensuring all Weyrfolk were treated fairly, at least to his knowledge.

With a Freeday ahead of him or more accurately a Freenight given his nocturnal life as a Wherhandler, even a post-graduation one, Kal was looking forward to his free time. First, after seeing to Kalest's needs and performing his usual exercise routine, he wanted to fill his stomach with food. It may be well past the usual dinner time for most Weyrfolk it was getting on to a Wherhandler's typical breakfast time so he knew there wouldn't be any trouble getting a meal and fresh Klah to wash it all down.

His first intention was to meet up with one of his fellow Wherlings when he spotted a rider sitting by himself, taking in the hall. Something about the young man struck him as familiar though he was certain he had never met the man. Finally it dawned on him why the man was standing out, he was one of the refugees from Walled Hold Kalesskel had taken note off awhile back. Wherlinghood had kept him from having the time to approach any of the refugees for his own interests but now, with graduation so close behind and an opportunity laid out before him, Kal headed towards the rider instead.

"Good evening, care for some company while you eat?" Kal asked, not wanting to intrude if the man really didn't want company. "I can respect wanting a quiet meal without conversation but for myself I do enjoy company when I can have it."
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any
Tag Status: Open

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:43 am

Nimuriel noticed the young man approaching him of course, and when he in fact stopped before him and spoke to him, the greenrider couldn't help his friendly, happy smile that crossed his lips as he looked up at the other.

"Oh yeah, of course, I would love the company," Nimuriel happily welcomed, gesturing for the man to sit. "Make yourself comfortable, I've spent all day in the archives, so I would love to chat. I don't believe we have met formally before, my name is Nimuriel, of Green Viridith." He leaned forward, his expression still family.

"May I ask for your name in return?"
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Image ~..:: Dragonfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Wherfolk & Dayfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Pearlfolk & Weyrfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image
Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Site Avatar art by Naomi Lord
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:04 pm

It was certainly nice to see the rider was eager for company. Kal placed his plate onto the table followed by his mug of Klah to free his hands.

"I'm Kalesskel, Handler of Flare Kalest," he responded, offering his hand to shake. Once the shaking was done he took a seat before the greenrider. "Good to meet you. How are you adapting to life here in New Atricis?"

Kal knew the man was one of the Walled Hold refugees even if he never learned his name till now. It was hard to say if he had ever seen the man back at Walled, there were plenty of male greenriders even if the man did look the right age to have Impressed in one of the many Hatchings Kal had Stood for before aging out. First thing he wanted to do was establish some kind of rapport before asking more pointed questions.