Chase the Rainbow [Emoriana's Maiden Run]

For all the Mating Flights and Runs of all dragonkin who wish to test their suitors of New Atricis. Tips on Flights and Runs can be found within as well.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any
Tag Status: Open

Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:21 am

Mina’s and Emoriana’s time as Daylings was swiftly coming to an end, as late-Winter came up on them, the closer to their graduation they were coming. So much had happened in their turn together, growth as a person Mina had never expected possible from herself. After that turn with Emoriana, Mina couldn’t imagine her life without the daywher by her side. Now with the end of their Daylinghood fast approaching, their time together was easier, but in a way, harder now that they were trying to find how Mina and Emoriana could benefit the Weyr as a pair, since Mina’s near-blindness made her unable to be a guardhandler.

With Emoriana just a few sevendays from a full turn of age though, Mina wasn’t quite prepared for what was to come this day. She’d noticed that Emoriana seemed more sleepy lately, and a little more short with some of her pack-fellows, but she wasn’t experienced enough to know what it meant. Especially since she thought it would be months longer before Emoriana would Run. A turn and six months was what she had been told, or at least, what they had expected from a female Quartz based on female Whites of the past. Whether they had been wrong about that assumption, or Emoriana was just an early riser, Mina was caught off guard when the dark colored quartz woke for the day, sending a surge of heat through Mina as well.

*Emoriana, where are you going so early?* Mina asked groggily, blinking her eyes as she woke and sat up in her bed as she sensed Emoriana leaving the cabin. She heard a rumble from the daywher before Mina got up, put on a thin robe, and navigated across the cabin to unlatch the door and let Emoriana out despite it barely being light out.

*It is time I Run, my Mina... I must Run before the males can Catch me.* She explained as she left through the open door, leaving Mina flabbergasted for a moment as she stood in the wide doorway, watching the form of Emoriana fade away. Then everything caught up with her, and in surprise and a surge of fear for what was to come, Mina quickly closed and locked her front door. She hadn’t expected Emoriana to Rise for months, and so she hadn’t yet done everything she needed to properly label her and Emoriana as a Locked Run. Luckily for her, it wasn’t as important, but still the fear of people coming by loomed over her, so she kept her front door locked, and sequestered herself in her bedroom away from the front to ignore any curious knocks.

Emoriana though, moved herself onward, moving swiftly through the daywher complex, skirting away from the pavilions where any male daywhers might sleep, hoping to keep a headstart on them all. She planned to just Run, but then her stomach clenched at her to stop, to eat. So, she changed her path, trotting off to the feeding pens.

Once there, she made quick work of her first kill, jumping right into a wherry pen and snatching up a fat wherry in her jaws with calculated motions to kill the creature quickly. From there, she ate, tearing off some flesh before her handler remembered a suggestion given to her by others.

*Blood only or they will Catch you too easily.* It wasn’t as important with daywhers, but it was still better for Emoriana not to gorge, even if there was no guarantee she would produce a clutch. Luckily, the Quartz female easily obeyed, remembering through her handler the logic behind not filling her stomach with meat. Blood would have to do.

A few minutes later, the wherry was left where it had been killed, as Emoriana jumped to her feet without warning, and immediately took off, launching herself over the fence and immediately off toward the more untamed parts of Atricis land. Her muscles warmed, staving off the chill in the early morning air, and as soon as she felt herself hit her stride, she trumpeted loudly as she fled, announcing herself though the males likely were already on her trail.

*Catch me if you can! I will run forever, so keep up if you want a chance with me!*
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Image ~..:: Dragonfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Wherfolk & Dayfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Pearlfolk & Weyrfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Site Avatar art by Naomi Lord
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:03 am

She wasn't sure at first what caused her to wake up a good Candlemark sooner than she typically rose for the day. Opening her eyes only to see the dim outline of her room Shyran tried to figure out why she felt suddenly restless and full of anticipation. Sitting up she reached for the Glowbasket she kept at her bedside and opened it. Immediately she noticed her assorted fancy flits sleeping in their usual perches, not at all disturbed by whatever it was that woke her so early. It was only when she rose and pulled on her dressing gown and walked into the main part of her apartment and noticed Pacaran restlessly pacing about did she realize the source.

"What's with you Pacaran?" Shyran asked, walking up to her Day Wher and running a hand soothingly over his shoulder. He paused and nudged her gently before resuming his pacing.

<I must go out, I sense something is about to happen, something I'm not sure I should take part in.< Pacaran knew a female was about to run but it was't Argow, his Mate. It hadn't been long enough for him to forget her, partly due to the fact Shyran kept thinking about her Handler. He knew Shyran missed Darrow and Pacaran definitely missed Argow but with her gone and unlikely to return any time soon should he remain loyal?

Shyran saw no reason why Pacaran couldn't go out, they did have plenty of time before meeting up with her fellow Wherhandlers before Patrol assignments were handed out. What he said to her however had her thinking about what would make this day different than any other? Finally it occurred to her what would make him so antsy and she gave a sad laugh.

"Argow is gone and if what Darrow's told me its not likely they will return. If there's a Wher about to Run and you want to Chase, go and don't feel any guilt." Shyran quickly put on her boots and headed for the Wherdoor and pushed it open for Pacaran to exit. It was just as well she did as she heard the cry of a wherry as it was taken down by whichever female was Running. "Just let me know who it is so I can decide whether I"ll join the Handler or not should you win."

Shyran doubted she would participate no matter which Handler it was, a part of her still wanted to wait for Darrow's return. Yet she didn't want to spend the rest of her life waiting and wondering. Pushing such feelings down she gave Pacaran a gentle push towards the door, encouraging him to go and do his best to woe the girl.

The Jewel had heard the death cry of the Wherry and it didn't take much for him to throw aside his own doubts and let instinct take over. A surge of desire and through him and he quickly trotted out of his home and across the Weyryard. He considered taking a kill himself but the beautiful glowing female Wher was already tossing aside her own kill and running off. At first he thought she was going to take down another wherry to blood so when she ran off he was caught flat footed.

<Such a tricky girl,> Pacaran called to her, breaking into a gallop to chase after her. Even as he began chasing Pacaran didn't forget the last thing Shyran told him. He immediately sent her an image of the Daywher he was chasing as well as her name. As for Emoriana's Handler Pacaran didn't remember the name as he rarely interacted with her. However he knew at least by name and scent every Daywher at New Atricis.

Shyran watched as Pacaran trot off towards the feeding grounds only to pause as the object of his desire began her Run before he could take a kill himself. She could feel his desire and knew it wouldn't take much for her to let desire ride over her especially if he caught the Quartz speeding away and out of sight. Given the Daywher's Handler was also female Shyran decided to push down her own desire and return to her rooms. If Pacaran did catch Emoriana, she may relieve her desires on her own, if not then it wouldn't be an issue to wash away any heat with a quick cold bath.

ooc: Shyran won't be participating. Pacaran is 'exceptionally strong' but not sure if that'll play a part in the Run.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any
Tag Status: Open

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:32 pm

Her bolt had forced the interested males to take off after her quickly, whether they were ready or not. Some of them called out to her, announcing themselves in their own way to try to get her attention over the others. Pacaran's comment though did grab her attention a little more, rumbling in satisfaction at his observation. She wasn't won over by him though, not yet, she needed to Run first until she and the males could no longer Chase.

As the center of the Weyr was left behind them, the wilds of Atricis opened before them, appearing as if a limitless expanse of possibility before them, still quiet with the early morning and the barely rising sun. There was enough light in the sky to enable the Daywhers to still see the world around them as the ground rushed beneath their paws. Morning dew and raindrops from the night soaked the grasses and their feet, kicking some up into droplets onto their hides as they ran, but dominantly, making the ground slick. For the inexperienced Daywhers, the ground was almost treacherous in this cool morning, causing some males to slip and trip, stumbling and putting them behind as they had to scramble back to their feet.

Emoriana wasn't immune to this either, given it was her first Run, she wasn't entirely prepared for the slick plant life underneath her paws. As her paws hit the ground again, one slipped, and she tripped, only to slide and tumble across the ground a spectacular distance thanks to her speed and the wet ground. She found her feet again quick though, having barely finished sliding before she was up again, though now covered in dirt and plant-stains. She wasn't deterred though, or even embarrassed, instead flicking her tail and tongue back at the males who rushed toward her eagerly, teasing them all with a croon before she ran again. Sure, they were now painfully close to her, some close enough to literally nip her heels if they wanted, but still, she wouldn't just give up and let them have her so easily. She needed to choose one, the one that stood out among the others.

So she ran again, now leading them into the forest, where visibility was a bit muddled between the plants and the still low light of the sun that had only barely started to peek over the horizon. As the seconds passed though, the light would creep up to brighten everything between the dotting of rainclouds that hung on the horizon, but to them all in the forest, it would seem to be much longer before there was enough light to see fully clearly. It was a good strategy for Emoriana though to gain some distance she had lost, and to see who would stay with her through the forest and the darker lighting.

Her hide wasn't left unscathed though, little minor scrapes and scratches left behind from the clinging underbrush or getting too close to the bark of a tree. It was well worth it though, angling herself toward the north almost instinctively, knowing where she was going, somewhere that her instincts told her to go. Safe, away from predators, and perfect for her and the male she would choose. It took them through more of the trees though, keeping them in the dim light of the trees, and picking off a few of the weaker, less experienced males that just couldn't keep up in the close quarters. Perhaps at other Runs they would fair better as they dropped off and returned home in frustration and exhaustion to only leave a couple of tenacious males left.

She broke through the treeline now, the Weyr proper visible in the distance. A final bolt across the ground was made by Emoriana, luring out the final males that still chased her. With the sun further up, and the sky and ground much lighter than before thanks to the sunbeams between the clouds, she tossed her head back, eyes whirling fast, as she saw who remained. It was now, out of them, she knew who was the most impressive, the one that had proven himself the strongest of them.

*Pacaran! Follow me for you have earned your prize.* And she angled slightly toward the mountains, searching for a private place between the range and the forest that would be safe and private for them both for as long as they should have need of it.
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Image ~..:: Dragonfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Wherfolk & Dayfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Pearlfolk & Weyrfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Site Avatar art by Naomi Lord
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 am

It felt good to run, to chase, to feel a wild freedom he had experienced only a handful of times before. Pacaran felt alive in a way he hadn't for a long time, the drive to mate burning in his veins and providing all the fuel he needed to keep running. A couple males tried to push him out of the race but he was strong and held his course, resisting the push from one male. He bounded over a fallen log which the lesser male had failed to notice and as he tripped and fell Pacaran couldn't help feel a surge of victory.

The Jewel was not an aggressive sort but he knew his own strengths and capabilities and knew in the end it will be Emoriana who decided in the end which male she wanted. He will keep up in the Chase, meet every challenge she presented and show he was a good sport and honorable. When she slipped on treacherous ground Pacaran immediately put himself between those males who thought to take advantage. A snap of his tail and display of teeth was all it took to discourage one male and by the time another tried to get around him Emoriana was on her feet and once more running, not harmed by her tumble in any way Pacaran could tell.

>Excellent recovery,> he told her, his mind voice filled with admiration. He didn't say anything else, turning his focus on the Run which still had a long way to go before completion. It was good he did for Emoriana was plunging into thicker forest which required far more effort and focus to keep his speed.

Here the slimmer build of Diplomats served him well and his exceptional strength allowed him to push through obstacles without losing as much speed as smaller males. But he wasn't a wher who used only brute strength, a few times Pacaran avoided some of the obstacles Emoriana led her chasers, either by taking other paths or simply jumping over.

Once they turned back towards the Weyr and the more open ground, Pacaran was able to put more effort into speed, to close the distance between him and Emoriana. Now was the time to show he would make a fit Sire for her eggs should she be so graced. He weaved and dodged, blocking other males from pushing ahead as much as he was able. In the end his efforts paid off for it was his name Emoriana called to when she grew tired and was ready to make her choice.

>You are no prize in my eyes but a lovely dame who honors me by her choice,> Pacaran responded, joining her as she led the way to where they could have privacy.

Back in her Apartment Shyran silently congratulated Pacaran in winning the Run then stretched out on her bed to ride out the passion, her mind thinking back on that first night with Darrow. It was all she needed to fully enjoy Pacaran's success.