A Pet Emergency <Lerina - Tag S'lye>

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:31 pm

She didn't quite know what happened given she was always careful to keep her gemlizards away from her two furflits. All she knew was when she came home she found Spirit cowering in a corner with Evana hissing at him, clearly unhappy. Ghost was nowhere to be seen and all Lerina could hope for was the sport was somewhere safe. Lupus however wasn't looking to good and it didn't take her much to guess at what happened.

Scooping up her sick furflit and injured gemlizard Lerina left her apartment. She had heard about a dragonrider who had specialized in the care and healing of pets and it seemed he would be the most logical person to rush to. Unfortunately she didn't know for certain if he was available. Given they didn't have a huge number of chimerariders Lerina had a pretty good idea who the dragon was even if she didn't know where the rider currently was.

Issormoth, do you know the opal bronze chimera? she asked. Issormoth was pretty good on remember dragon names even if he forgot rider names almost as soon as he heard them.

<I know who you mean,> Issormoth responded. He rose up from where he was resting and looked over towards his rider, seeing her exit her apartment. They had a more specious home since being made Wingsecond and a part of him missed being closer to other dragons when they were just one of the many wingriders.

Vaerisyth, my rider needs your own rider's expertise. If you will, can you direct me where your rider is so I can direct mine to him?> the brown asked. He didn't think any further explanation was required. Once he received a reply he relayed it to Lerina.

Once she knew where she could meet with S'lye she headed in that direction. From the brief looks she gave her gemlizard she saw a few breaks of hide, clearly scratched or bit by her furflit. Lupus on the other hand was acting oddly, drooling and clearly having trouble with coordination. She was pretty certain he had ended up ingesting some of the toxin gemlizards exuded to numb and calm their prey. Lerina didn't know how much Lupus was exposed to and worried it could really harm him given his small size. He was pretty much full grown now but Lerina didn't want to take any chances.

"S'lye, sorry for disturbing so suddenly but I'm worried about my pets," Lerina said as way of greeting. "My furflit managed to get a hold of my gemlizard and could you please take a look."

@Saerle
Saerle
Title: Laureate
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:59 pm

His duties done for the day, S'lye had just finished bathing and changing clothes when Vaerisyth was bespoken by another dragon. The man waited patiently while the chimera conferred with the other dragon and made his way to his apartment. He greeted his firelizards as they fluttered about excitedly before settling back into the beams of sun coming through the large window for their sunning space.

My rider is now in his apartments; I will alert him to the situation of your rider's pets. She need not knock when she enters, he will be in the back setting up in his infirmary space. the chimera was telling the brown, before sending the information on to his rider.

As soon as he was able, S'lye prepared his infirmary station to see his newest patients and pulled out various tonics and distilled medicines to treat the most common of ailments. His numbweed and stitching kit was always on hand and he waited for the woman to arrive. When she finally did, S'lye listened carefully and nodded reassuringly, "This is a common enough situation, don't you worry. Let's have a look." He wasted no time with small talk and went directly to work, his focus on the woman's pets instead of her.

S'lye looked to the furflit first, not wanting the toxin to have more time to settle. His brow furrowed as he examined the furflit, then reached for an herbal antidote that he gently offered the furflit. It wasn't a pleasant taste and he fully expected the creature to complain. "Please hold him while that absorbs, it should neutralize most of the toxin but I wouldn't be surprised if he sleeps much of the rest of the day -- it does cause some sedative effect." the man told Lerina with a smile. Once it had had time, S'lye would reassess the drooling and coordination to find out if another dose was needed to fully remove the toxin.

Next he examined the gemlizard, carefully assessing its hide and noting a few shallow punctures, but mostly scrapes on the hide. S'lye took a small swab and applied numbweed to the injuries and then followed them up with antibiotic salve. To the puncture wounds he carefully swabbed the edges with a plant-based adhesive that would fall off naturally as the hide healed and held the edges together until it dried. S'lye held the gemlizard while they waited for Lupus to absorb the antidote.

"There now, just have to wait and see how that antidote works out." he offered, cleaning up the station with one hand and cradling the gemlizard with the other. "You can relax... I've gotten pretty good at this sort of thing over the turns and it happens often." S'lye tried to reassure the brownrider, studiously ignoring his dragon's comments that she was a very beautiful woman, wasn't she?

Hush you, not every person I meet is someone I want to bed. the man said, wincing as his dragon nudged him to make small talk with her. Instead, S'lye looked to the blue gemlizard in his hand and gently stroked it. "You'll be okay, little one. How did you get into this mess any way?" he asked it, though the question was directed more to the brownrider who could actually respond to him.

Come on, ask her to have dinner with you at least. That way her pets can recover a bit more where they are... right? Vaerisyth encouraged, thinking himself very clever for the reasoning he had come up with to have the woman stay with his rider.

Enough you curr. S'lye retorted, though his tone wasn't harsh. He was shaking his head at the dragon when he looked back to Lerina.

Animals know. They know how a soul is stitched together.
They know what it's made of before anyone else gets a clue.
And only the bravest people dare own a pet,
Who would tell the world the kind of soul they are in private.
.::Marks Tracking :: Characters, Recurring NPCs & Available Family Tracker :: Candidate Questionnaires::.
Italic speech from dragon or human is telepathic, unstyled text is heard by anyone nearby for my characters.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:37 am

Lerina felt worried for her friends but did her best to keep calm. She wasn't typically the sort who lost her cool in a stressful situation but these were her pets and next to her family the only thing she truly was attached to. Though she was more worried for the gemlizard Lerina didn't argue when S'lye indicated he wanted to examine her furflit first. For all she knew he really was the one most in danger.

"He's not quite a Turn old yet," Lerina informed the chimerarider. "Never had any health concerns with him till now."

When asked to hold him still Lerina did just that. Lupus on the other hand took exception and made quite a fuss. He didn't calm down when bitter tasting medicine was poured into his mouth. Lerina held him firmly, and hushed him with firm commands. The moment he did calm a little she praised him, wanting to reinforce the good behavior and not the bad but she could sympathize with him not liking the medicine.

"There there Lupus that wasn't so bad," she soothed once the furflit did have his dose of medicine. She scratched behind his ears and under his chin, giving him affection so he'll calm quicker and hopefully relax and give time for the remedy to work.

"His name is Lupus," Lerina added, looking up at S'lye. Now that she wasn't as worried for at least one of his pets she took more notice of the other dragonrider. He was quite tall and very muscular, clearly a man who kept in shape and she had a feeling it wasn't just doing normal dragonrider activities. Now wasn't the time to chit chat about his workout habits however. Pulling out her gemlizard from the pocket she had stashed him in to have both hands free, she handed him over to S'lye. "This little fellow is Spirit. He has a few injuries but he doesn't seem to be too upset now. Maybe having a chance to rest in a pocket helped."

Lerina fell silent while S'lye looked him over then applied numbweed and antiseptic. He didn't seem concerned which relaxed the brownrider. She continued to stroke Lupus till the furflitt fell into a light dose. It was enough to reassure her the antidote S'lye had given him was working well.

"Thank you S'lye," Lerina responded. "Normally I keep my gemlizards in a separate area my furflits can't get into. My oldest furflit is better trained and knows to leave the gemlizards alone but Lupus still needs more training. I recently changed apartments too and now it's clear to me the spot I picked for my gemlizards isn't as secure as I thought."

"I'm Lerina by the way, if you haven't guessed already. Issormoth is my brown, I don't know if Vaerisyth passed that information along or not. He's a gorgeous dragon by the way, I remember seeing him about the Weyr." Lerina realized she probably was talking too much so fell silent and fussed over Lupus to cover any awkwardness for talking too long.
Saerle

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:06 am

S'lye handed back the gemlizard with a smile, content that it would be fine despite the injuries. "Lupus and Spirit... cute names." he offered, giving a whistle to his own faire. "The hematite is Nox, the diamond is Lumos and the green is Misfit." he told the brownrider as the three landed, each vocalizing when their name was said as though to greet their guest. "And I'm S'lye, rider of Vaerisyth... which you might have already known. My dragon is an incorrigible matchmaker and the light of my life." he shook his head with amusement as he reached for her furflit. "May I?" he asked.

When he got her permission he set Lupus down on the counter and reached for a piece of handy jerky to entice the little thing to walk around and follow his hand. Knowing the creature was sleepy and dozy, he took it into account as he watched it move, checking its coordination once again. It appeared the drooling had mostly stopped but S'lye grabbed a cloth and gently dried his face regardless. The man waved Lerina off when she thanked him for seeing her pets, "Think nothing of it, it's the least I can do. No one likes to see their family be sick or injured and pretty much everyone I've ever met has considered their pet family."

Lumos nudged the furflit, crooning as though she knew it was feeling icky because of the medicine. S'lye was convinced it would make a full recovery but looked to the brownrider to hold him again as he gave a secondary dose just to be careful. Luckily the remedy didn't have an overdose amount and too much was better than too little.

Ask her to stay for dinner! Vaerisyth insisted again, nudging him through their bond with great amusement in his voice. When S'lye didn't respond, the chimera turned his attention to Lerina's brown. Issormoth would your rider like to have dinner with mine? he asked the dragon, not caring what S'lye had to say about it and trying to force his rider to socialize longer with the woman.

S'lye continued on, not knowing what his dragon was up to behind his back, so to speak. "If you need help building a more secure area in your new apartment, I have some rudimentary skills I could offer. I'm sure you saw the sun room before you made it here to the Infirmary. I was able to do most of that myself with little help. Gemlizards are much smaller, I'm sure it would be no trouble." Anything for people's pet, S'lye thought, was worth making an effort to do.

.::Marks Tracking :: Characters, Recurring NPCs & Available Family Tracker :: Candidate Questionnaires::.
Italic speech from dragon or human is telepathic, unstyled text is heard by anyone nearby for my characters.

LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:46 pm

"Hello fellows," Lerina told the flits once S'lye finished introductions. If her hands weren't full of furflit she would give each a scratch if they permitted. "You are all such sweet things."

Lerina couldn't help the chuckle when S'lye introduced himself and his dragon and used much of her same words regarding knowledge of her dragon. When he asked to take Lupus she nodded and handed him the kit. She took Spirit back and made sure to secure the gemlizard in her pocket again. Inside she had one his 'safe spots', a soft cloth pouch he had filled with sticky webs from many months of use.

"You be good Lupus," she encouraged. The shadow Furflitt grumbled a bit, the shift from Lerina's arm to the table waking him up. He growled more in a 'you just woke me up' way than any real aggression. When he was put on the table he gave his body a shake and flapped his wings before eyeing the stranger who forced him to drink bitter water. Fortunately he was curious enough about the table he sniffed around, not yet feeling awake enough to just fly back to Lerina's arms.

Lupus nearly startled when a flit rubbed up against him. He growled again and stumbled back only to be scooped up by his owner. Relieved to be back in Lerina's arms he didn't realize he was about to be given another dose and ended up swallowing half of it before he could protest. By then it was too late and he drank more of the potion before he could get his jaws free. Growling and rumbling in displeasure he tried to crawl under Lerina's tunic, a feat he was too big to do now.

"Easy Lupus, you're alright now," Lerina soothed. Lupus gave a few more half hearted growls then settled in her arms. She stroked his soft fur for a few moments before looking up at S'lye.

"I think he's feeling better despite not liking the taste of the medicine," she said. "I"m glad you understand how important our pets are, even little ones like gemlizards who don't form as strong of an emotional bond like firelizards do. Not all pets do and we still love them."

Issormoth considered Vaerisynth's request, finding it odd the chimera would ask him to ask his rider instead of Vaerisynth's rider doing it. <An odd request, is your rider shy?> the brown inquired. He didn't indicate whether he passed the question on to his rider or not.

<Lerina, Vaerisynth has asked me to ask you if you wish to stay for dinner with his rider.> Issormoth relayed. He certainly didn't mind being the go between but he knew other dragons never had an issue with talking with his rider directly. Unlike some dragons he wasn't bothered by it, he understand perfectly why many dragons found her easy to speak to. Issormoth didn't always like to talk to other people but some he did find easier to speak with than others.

Lerina had noticed the sun room when she entered but her focus had been on following the Pet Healer to where he wanted to lead her so he could examine her pets. Now however she took the moment to turn and glance in that direction to see what she could from where she was. It was then when Issormoth sent his message which had her blink in surprise. Glancing back at S'lye she didn't see any indication he was hoping for her to respond to his 'via dragon' request to stay for dinner. Then again maybe he was just good at hiding it behind waiting for her response to is offer to help secure her gemlizards.

"I would welcome the help but I'm not sure that'll be a good idea," Lerina responded, deciding having two offers to be alone with her, one for dinner here and the other having him come to her place was a good idea. It made her feel like he was trying to start something she didn't want. Yet looking at S'lye he didn't appear to be the sort of guy only interested in a woman for one thing. He genuinely looked like he just wanted to help her ensure what happened with Spirit and Lupus didn't happen again. She was about to say no to the dinner and say it would be inappropriate for him to come to her apartment when she remembered something he had said earlier regarding his dragon.

"Wait a minute, when you said earlier your dragon was an incorrigible matchmaker, does that mean he's the type to invite people to stay for dinner via their dragons without your knowledge?" Lerina asked, watching S'lye to see if she could tell if this was all his dragon's idea or part of his as well.
Saerle

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Satisfied that his ministrations to her pets were done, the Chimerarider finished cleaning up the space and wiping it down with disinfectant; not that either of her pets had been contagious, it was just his habit. He was in the process of doing so when the brownrider commented on his dragon being a matchmaker.

The man felt his heart pound rapidly in his chest, more from anger at his dragon than anything else as he dragged a hand down his face and closed his eyes to compose himself. "... Yes. He would do something entirely inappropriate like that. In fact he has been pestering me to ask you and I told him no several times already. I finally just ignored him and he took it upon himself to ask your dragon. I am terribly sorry for his extreme rudeness in this matter." S'lye shook his head but his apology was heartfelt. "Don't get me wrong, it's not that I wouldn't enjoy dinner with you, but I don't generally jump straight into invitations such as that, and especially not when I'm seeing to an emergency, no matter how minor it was."

S'lye was so angry at Vaerisyth for a moment that he felt the chimera retreat just a bit from his mind to give him space to calm down. They both knew it would pass quickly but in the moment it was best not to speak as S'lye fixed his dragon over-step. "If you would like some herdbeast and vegetable soup, I have some warming in my kitchenette on a slow cook, but it was not my intention to invite you to stay and I make the offer now only because I feel badly that my dragon put us in an awkward situation... and now that I have seen to your pets I am starving. But of course, you don't have to remain here."

Wanting to turn the attention away from the woman, S'lye turned to the slab of meat her had brought in earlier both for his simmering soup and the chunk he had brought for the pets in his room. Lumos fluttered up and wound himself around his shoulders as he cut up the slices into chunks and tossed them into bowls for the firelizards to feed from and set one down for Lupus as well. He excused himself for a moment to feed the pets temporarily in his care, and returned, not sure what to say and also not wanting to make the moment worse for either of them.

S'lye would have filled his own bowl at the same time, but he was not rude enough to eat in front of another person who was not also eating with him. And in any case, he could wait to find out what she wanted to do.

LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:54 pm

It seemed her guess about S'lye's dragon had been right and it wasn't something the Chimerarider had initiated. Lerina realized it must be quite the change to have a dragon who was always trying to set you up with somebody but she was certain Vaerisyth meant well. For all she knew S'lye may be very lonely and hoping to meet somebody special but Lerina was quite certain she wouldn't fill that void. The idea of being in a romantic relationship just didn't appeal to her. Oh she enjoyed being flattered and treated to romantic type dinners but it was what such things usually led into that repulsed her.

"It's quite alright," Lerina assured him when he apologized for his dragon's rudeness. "I'm sure he meant well. You seem like a good and kind man and certainly a professional one when it comes to taking care of pets."

Lerina didn't think it would be right to stay over to eat, she did have two pets to get back home and a Gemlizard home to better secure. As S'lye didn't wait for her answer to his more genuine invitation she didn't answer right away. Instead she checked on Lupus and Spirit and saw both were much calmer. It was clear the medicine S'lye had given him did it's job and she didn't have to worry about them anymore. It also gave her a moment to just watch S'lye as he cut up meat for his flits and fed them. They all seemed well behaved, waiting till he was done chopping without trying to steal any from their bowls as he worked.

"Oh you didn't need to do that but thank you for thinking of Lupus," Lerina replied when S'lye set a bowl down for Lupus. "I think that is a great idea too, give Lupus a nice positive memory of being here instead of the taste of the medicine you gave him." Lerina didn't know if that was S'lye's intention. When he excused himself to go feed his pets she nodded then put Lupus down so the furflit could have his snack. She did manage to snag a small piece of meat to offer Spirit, cutting it into a few smaller pieces with her own knife as Spirit couldn't handle the same size chunks as Lupus. It took a bit of coaxing but the Gemlizard did poke his head out of her pocket enough to take a few bites. His natural curiosity wouldn't keep him away from food despite the ordeal he went through.

By the time she finished feeding Spirit Lupus had finished his bowl and was licking it clean, clearly in better spirits now. Lerina looked up as S'lye returned. The smell of slowing cooking soup and herdbeast was making her hungry and Lerina knew she didn't have anything to eat back in her Apartment. Maybe accepting the invitation to join S'lye for dinner wasn't that bad of an idea.

"I've decided to stay for dinner but only because I do enjoy making new friends," Lerina told him. "Besides, your cooking smells really delicious and after you took such great care of my pets, they are happy and comfortable. No need to get them home right away so they can relax after what happened.' It would mean her other pets will have to wait a bit longer for their dinner but she wasn't too concerned. Plenty of insects made their way into her apartment for Ghost to feast on and Evana could come find her if she desired or hunt for herself.
Saerle

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:56 pm

S'lye nodded, taking the bowl Lupus and eaten from and motioning the brownrider to follow him to the kitchenette and dining nook not far from where they were. They passed by his fellis tree, where Nox and Lumos were now quietly draped over the branches with their tails intertwined, so that he could retrieve their bowls as well. Noticing the sun was still facing that wall of the building and warming the room, S'lye turned to his companion, "I enjoy making friends as well, he commented, giving her a half-smile because he would have been more than happy to have her eat with him in that mind than as a potential romantic partner as his dragon wanted him to find, "as do my firelizards. If you would like, Lupus and Spirit may remain here in the sunning area while we eat." he offered, turning to a large enclosure that had its own doors and open side. Within were no other gemlizards at the time, though it had been built to offer housing to several should he need to care for someone else's long term. It was clear that there was no way for any type of pet, save gemlizards, to enter and exit without the main doors being opened. S'lye wouldn't have been offended, however, if Lerina's pets remained with her. His own S'lye had trained to stay out of the Kitchenette when there was company or when he was eating.

He made quick work of getting to his kitchen, passing through the large, open space that served for an area where pets could lounge about and mingle if they wished. His own room was large and a dedicated space for himself, since most of his apartment had been set up with visitors in mind should their pets be remaining with him for a time. Often it was Weyrlings who would visit when they were allowed during the first months of their time as newly-Impressed people. That was the other reason his bedroom door remained locked almost all of the time. And also why his apartment door was almost always open or unlocked as well.

At the small four-person table that was rarely used to seat more people than that, despite the two ends that could be used as seating areas, S'lye pulled out the woman's chair but didn't wait around to push it in as she sat. Instead he went to his stove and pushed the soup pot farther away from the flames warming it. S'lye filled two large bowls with a generous helping of soup, sprinkled some last minute garnishing herbs on top and placed them on the table in front of two place settings. Two drinks quickly followed, one of water and the other of juice, for each of them. Beneath the scent of soup was that of a carafe of fresh klah warming for later. He sat across from Lerina, it being less intimate that way than sitting directly beside her with three open spaces available. In the center of the table was day old crusty sourdough bread rolls he had acquired from one of the Weyr's bakers the day before in return for a check up on his feline (she had been fine, but the man had insisted on paying him with fresh bread).

S'lye sat upright in his chair, giving the woman a nod to eat first. His mother had always taught him that a woman broke bread first. It was simply more polite that way and even in his family household his mother and sister would eat before himself and his father. With his father passed however, it turned to S'lye to uphold the family's honorable traditions. Normally he would have offered some of her mead to his dinner companion, but given that the invitation had not been a planned one S'lye didn't offer. At least he wouldn't yet. While he waited for the woman to eat first, he bowed his head and gave his own sort of thanks as his father had taught him as a young boy, "Thank Faranth that I might have this meal at a Weyr, where my dragon broke shell and made my life complete. May it help me to continue to serve the Weyr in my full capacity." the words were spoken under his breath though S'lye knew Lerina could have heard him if she were listening for him to speak.

Once she had taken her first bite S'lye picked up his spoon and ate as well, his stomach warming rapidly with the hearty soup. It wasn't as though he didn't like the Dining Hall food, but he did rather enjoy cooking for himself on occasion. That, and he often using the dinner hour to feed the pets in his care and his own firelizards as well. The soup was full of all sorts of vegetables, anything he could get his hands on, beans, meat and herbs in a tomato based, vegetable and meat flavored broth. In the bottom of the pot it had cooked in was a bone he had let simmer, releasing the meaty marrow flavor as well. "Please, eat your fill. There is enough for seconds and thirds if you find yourself still hungry." S'lye offered, knowing how much riders could eat, especially after a day's hard work.

Do you forgive me, yet? Vaerisyth chimed in, sounding contrite as he could, despite his pleasure at his rider having dinner with the brownrider.

Yes, but I am not happy that you went behind my back. She is a woman of rank after all, so that made it all the more inappropriate for you to ask without my say so. he told the chimera, keeping his expression clear of his irritation with the dragon.

Friends are good too... for now.

S'lye didn't respond. Friends were all he wanted from anyone. Even the people he bedded had remained friends since he was 18 turns... the man had simply not found someone he wanted a romantic relationship with... one day he would, but Lerina was another of those friends he wanted to keep as 'just friends'. Thankfully it seemed she was of the same mind which made the chimerarider relax and be more comfortable. He appreciated that mindset in a woman.

LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:49 pm

Seeing the setup S'lye had for any pets needing boarding or to stay overnight under his care Lerina felt more comfortable in letting Lupus stay with the flits. Spirit didn't seem inclined to come out of her pocket to explore a new 'den' so she decided to leave him where he was. It wasn't a bother to have him in her pocket as it was placed so she could carry her pets with her if needed. Eventually he probably come out and see what was going on but she suspected the trauma of running into one of her Furflits will keep him hidden for awhile yet.

The smell of soup quickly drew her mind to what S'lye had made to eat. Lerina knew the basics of cooking and didn't do to bad when she cooked for herself or her father when he was available to visit but most times she just ate in the common Dinning Cavern. IN truth she knew she should cook more often especially since her new apartment was so much larger than her old Wingrider accommodations and had its own kitchen.

Taking the offered seat, Lerina settled herself at the table, liking how the well lit the kitchenette was with the large windows facing the setting sun. "You have a very nice apartment, lots of space and plenty of room for the pets you take care of."

Lerina didn't need any invitation to start eating first, reaching for one of the rolls and breaking it in half so she could add butter to one half. Just as she was about to dip it into her soup S'lye started what sounded like a prayer of thanks which caused her to freeze, uncertain on what she should do. Giving thanks just wasn't something she had ever done or even heard of being done till she came to the South. With all the recent Walled Hold refugees and the small worshiping area erected for their use Lerina learned they tended to worship the goldrider and her dragon who apparently left long ago to find a better place. She was no expert on lore, Northern or Southern for that matter so only learned a bit here and there, mostly by asking a few questions. As far as she knew nobody up North had ever encountered the Southern Goldriders name or knew there was settlements in the South before the first exhibitions for a new home landed on Southern Shores.

Waiting till S'lye finished with his softly spoken prayer she gave a little nod and finally dipped a corner of a piece of roll into her soup. Taking her first bite she savoured the taste. It was good soup, she had nothing to complain about it. "The soup is very good," she said after eating her first bite. When S'lye told her she was more than welcome to have seconds or more she nodded. "I may just do that."

Lerina picked up her spoon and ate more of the soup without the use of bread, relishing the meaty flavour as well as the blend of vegetables and beans. It may not be any particular recipe but it was a great mix of flavours and the broth rich enough she doubted she would be hungry for more than one more bowl. It also went great with the bread and she was pleased to see there was more than enough to have a second or even a third roll if she desired and not deprive S'lye of an equal amount.

Looking up she caught him with that certain look she associated with any rider communicating with their dragon. She didn't remark on it as there were plenty of times she was with riders who talked to their dragons frequently. Lerina and Issormoth were no exception. The brown was quiet now, but she sensed he was content and happy doing what he was doing.

"Did you come South with the original Atricis riders?" Lerina asked, curious to learn if he was Northern born as she was or if he lived in the South prior to New Atricis being formed.
Saerle

Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:05 am

S'lye nodded, "Yes, I took a wingrider apartment with less rooms than the others in order to open it up this way. All of my modifications can be removed and changed to another location if I should happen to earn a promotion. Most of my apartment is open to the public since I board pets for weyrlings on occasion. They need to be able to come and go... my bedroom and office are locked up, as is the sunning area, when I'm not here to supervise." he explained, and if he was honest, his duties didn't take him all day so he was often able to be available when weyrlings or candidates wanted to come visit their pets in free hours.

They ate in companionable silence for a bit, a fact that the man was grateful for... it seemed that Lerina was not the chatty type like some women... and like many of the younger women. More and more she was seeming like someone he would like to have as a friend, especially if it meant that he had more of an excuse to cook.

The chimerarider looked up from his food when Lerina asked about his origins, "Mm? Oh yes. My family transfered to the original Atricis in the North shortly after my Weyrlinghood at Benden Weyr ended. I'm sure some of the dragons here descended from my father's bronze. We had hoped to further the bloodlines after so much tragedy had happened and Vaerisyth enjoys chasing any female that's rising... even if he's not expected to win. My mother never appeared to care where we lived, as long as she could be taken back and forth to her crafthall and her workspace in Benden Hold.

S'lye felt his dragon preen, having been listening through their bond, but the chimera remained quiet, likely still letting his rider have time to forgive his overstep. With Vaerisyth being the first Northern chimera color, he was a little surprised that Lerina hadn't heard of him before. Or had she? It didn't really matter, it was actually nice to have the spotlight off of him for the time being. Between his Impression to the chimera and his dedication to healing people's pets, S'lye's name was rather well known and he wasn't such a huge fan of the celebrity it came with. However, when his name was known and someone had a pet in need, that was a whole other matter. In those cases he was glad to be known to help, and even more glad that he had his dragon to help him reach people who needed him in the time after his duties were done.

"What about you? Are you from the North? I don't like to assume, but the Northerners have a certain vibe about them and I thought I sensed it from you. Please, forgive me if I offend with my question. After the disrespect my dragon showed, I would really prefer not to compound on it." he said, wincing with a small grin, the chagrin showing on his face.