Late Night Scrubbings ~ [ tag ] Kane / Slasher

Instead of a series of large bathing rooms in the lower caverns, now Atricis has erected a building in the Weyr Yard with a hypercaust system for heated baths. There are multiple sections in the bath house, men, women, and family. There are drying cloths and places to store clothes and belongings available at the facilities, as well as a few, slightly more private, bathing rooms in each section of the bath house.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:43 am

Time for chores, and the assignment for today was scrubbing down the bathhouse rooms not being used. When he'd checked the board, Feral found he wouldn't be alone, he was assigned to work with a fellow candidate, but seeing as how he'd never worked with Kane before, he decided to head out to the bathhouse with a few supplies and at least get an idea of what they would have to work with, then the two of them could plan a system of attack when they went inside to clean.

When he arrived, a basket of cleaning supplies in hand, he stepped inside and set the basket down just inside of the entrance. It took him a few moments to figure the condition of the rooms and he sighed. Some of them would be easy enough to take care of, while others were an image of chaos. He was glad he'd have someone to work with, and headed back outside with the basket left just inside, to have a smoke while he waited.

He sat on the nearest rock and lit a smoke, not sure how he and Kane would get on together. The man was all but a stranger to him - in fact, it felt as though he'd just appeared in the Weyr over night... - so it was a matter of seeing what he was like before he made a sound decision about what he was like. It shouldn't be too difficult of an evening though. If it came to it, Feral knew how to work in silence; quick, efficient, with grunts or a few words to indicate what he was doing or what was done. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that though... it might be nice to have a conversation while cleaning for once.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open

Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:07 pm

He was used to the various chores by now, though so far Kane still hadn't worked much with his fellow Candidate's. Granted, he hadn't really been there that long either. When he looked at the listed chores, and saw he would be working with another, Feraliss, he was honestly looking forward to it. He can't say he could put a face to the name, which was all the more to the good. Heading for the bathing area, he kept an eye out for another candidate, who may or may not be obvious.

Approaching, he did see a man smoking however, and felt it fair to assume. Boop and Bram had followed him, as they often did, and both of them did a short little loop around the man, eyeing him curiously before zipping off into the night. Walking up, Kane sort of dipped his head at the man once he had his attention, and saw he had candidate knots, ”Feraliss? I'm Kane. I think we're here to work together.”

He paused near the man, and had to grin when he felt a similar excitement coming from him. It seemed Kane wasn't the only one eager and willing to meet his fellows. Or at least...withholding judgement? Kane couldn't help but smile a little. Feral wasn't the easiest to read, the man was a little reserved, but Kane would win him over. ”Have you already been inside?”

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:07 am

Feral finished off his smoke and tucked the butt away in his pocket. He never liked leaving them littered across the ground, and disposed of them elsewhere when he could. He stepped forward to shake Kane's hand and tipped his head, then glanced over his shoulder before turning to fetch the things he'd set down earlier, which wasn't much considering what he'd left inside the bathing chambers for easier cleaning purposes. "Yeah, was in briefly earlier ot kind of get an idea of what we'd have to face. Not everything is bad, there's one or two we'll really have to put some elbow grease into, but for the most part it should be an easy night."

He lifted his shoulders and led the way inside, lifting glow baskets as he went. It was relatively quiet inside, with few folks in, if any at all. He'd had one or two pass him by as he'd stood outside, but those same folks had left before Kane had ever arrived. He was confident they wouldn't run into anyone while they were around. "I think we should get started with those tougher cases first, if only to get the bad things tended to first. Makes the rest of the rooms go by more easily, if that makes sense?"
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Kane nodded as Feral spoke, and retrieved his things. It was about what he was expecting, that there would be one or two bad areas, but in general people in the Weyr did a pretty good job at cleaning up after themselves. It had honestly been a bit of a refreshing thing for Kane, to not have to smell other men all the time. There weren't always real bathing facilities when running around as a mercenary. Streams. Rivers. Rarely hot water.

Following Feral inside, the starlizards popped back in, again checking on Kane's location. Boop especially rarely let Kane get too far before popping in on the man, even for a moment. They'd traveled too much for the starlizard to feel comfortable still. The Weyr wasn't 'home' to the flitt, it was just another place they were spending some time. Eventually maybe, but...Kane was getting off track.

The candidate found himself nodding, ”Aye, that sounds like a good plan. Get the hard stuff out of the way.” He got ahold of his own bucket of cleaning supplies, and followed his fellow candidate to the first bad area. It was obvious it hadn't seen attention in too long, and the man allowed himself a breif moment of wrinkling his nose before he dove in. Hot water, soap, and a lot of scrubbing.

As he dumped some soapsand on the edge of a tub, and started scrubbing with a wide brush, he glanced up towards his fellow, ”Been a Candidate long?”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Slasher

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Kane nodded as Feral spoke, and retrieved his things. It was about what he was expecting, that there would be one or two bad areas, but in general people in the Weyr did a pretty good job at cleaning up after themselves. It had honestly been a bit of a refreshing thing for Kane, to not have to smell other men all the time. There weren't always real bathing facilities when running around as a mercenary. Streams. Rivers. Rarely hot water.

Following Feral inside, the starlizards popped back in, again checking on Kane's location. Boop especially rarely let Kane get too far before popping in on the man, even for a moment. They'd traveled too much for the starlizard to feel comfortable still. The Weyr wasn't 'home' to the flitt, it was just another place they were spending some time. Eventually maybe, but...Kane was getting off track.

The candidate found himself nodding, ”Aye, that sounds like a good plan. Get the hard stuff out of the way.” He got ahold of his own bucket of cleaning supplies, and followed his fellow candidate to the first bad area. It was obvious it hadn't seen attention in too long, and the man allowed himself a breif moment of wrinkling his nose before he dove in. Hot water, soap, and a lot of scrubbing.

As he dumped some soapsand on the edge of a tub, and started scrubbing with a wide brush, he glanced up towards his fellow, ”Been a Candidate long?”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Feral wasn't always used to working with another candidate. He generally preferred working on his own, if only because it meant a little bit of solitude and thinking along the way. So hearing the other speak to him while they were cleaning, while not off putting, was a bit of a surprise at first, and he was glad that he was steady enough not to jump at the sound of strange voices. He lifted a shoulder, but realizing that wasn't much to go off of, and not very kind - he could almost hear Taelana telling him to stop being such an asshole brute - he decided to give conversation a try.

"A while. I've been here long enough that I can't really remember when I came down." He really couldn't, he hadn't exactly been paying much attention to the dates and times when he'd fled the North and then ended up healing in the South. "Suffice it to say, I've seen my fair share of eggs crack, and have yet to bond to something. Which is... fine, I suppose. I'm not one who is easily disappointed. Takes more shit to break against my back to upset me that much, y'know?" He started cleaning some rougher spots on shelves and benches. "What about you?"
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image