Getting to Know You (Again) ~ [ tag ] Najden / Parker

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:53 pm

[ takes place two days after the hatching ]

Two days after the hatching, Lesly made a firm decision. She wanted to see Naji. Perhaps it would be a mistake when she was freshly Impressed and experiencing headaches from the bonding process, but it was somethign she felt she needed to do. So she had sent him a message, hoped that it would reach him since she didn't exactly know where the daywhers were kept, and prepared Jack for the inevitable (perhaps...) meeting that would eventually follow.

She made sure he was fed, rested, washed and oiled, then brought him into the Yard where she sat and watched him as he played with some children. He spoke to them through her, and they were delighted by that fact, and he was ever so gentle with them as he romped around. Though because he was still a baby, they knew better than to try and crawl upon him - though she had the feeling that if she'd let him, the little brat would have managed to convince her to allow it to happen.

When the children were called away, he trotted over to her, flopping down next to her before he rolled on his back and waved his legs about in case someone came by who might be enticed to stop and give his belly a rub. "You're such a silly creature, Jack." She wondered if it was normal of baby dragons to be as sociable as he was - when he wasn't playing with human children, or his clutchmates, he was trying to chat up older dragons, and if they didn't give him time, he would try another, or move on to a creature that would.

*True. But I'm your silly creature and you wouldn't have me any other way.* Much to his delight, he was rewarded for his words with a belly rub from her, and then he turned back over and looked at her iwth his head tilted slightly before reaching out to touch her temple with his muzzle. *Am I still talking too loud for you?*

She shook her head and gave the dark dragonet a scratch. He wasn't, and the pain had dulled to a slight throb. She had been told it would fade eventually, when she sunk into the bond. She just didn't know when that would happen. Eventually and shifted and leaned back on him, looking up at the sky while she waited for her brother to either appear or not, and Jack did his best to curl up around her, looking up as well, the two of them looking at the clouds and trying to find shapes among them.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him
Tag Status: Open Permission Needed

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:20 am

Naji watched from his spot as he watched his daywher and his daughter having fun chasing each other and playing in general. A smoke hung almost carelessly from his bottom lip as he couldn't help but chuckle at some of their antics. It was still an, well not to be rude, uncomfortable feeling and thought that he was a father. That is not something he ever wanted to be and was still scared he was going to absolutely ruin things with Epi, but so far it seemed as though their relationship was only getting better. She'd even called him 'father' a few times. The first time that had happened had been a mind fuck.

A loud, happy yelp from Epi had him paying attention again instead of hiding in his own thoughts. He looked up to see that Epi was on the ground with Weisden knelt over her, trapping her between front legs, and licking her face. "Oy, don't eat her Weisden. She's not much of a meal anyways, but I'm starting to get used to the little shit." Naji said in a lightly teasing tone. Epi still seemed to get along a little better with Inakil, but she was warming up to him. I don't plan on eating her. Not yet anyways. He said for both of them to hear.

Epi's eyes got wide and she begged, "No! Please don't eat me! I promise I am nothing but bones and sinew!" Her head then turned sharply to look at her dad with squinted eyes, "Hey, if I'm a little shit it's because I get it from you." She said as she hooked her arms around Weisden's muzzle and asked him to get her onto her feet. After she was standing she moved to throw her arms around his neck.

Naji watched the sight with, dare he say it, pride. That was when his moment with his daughter was interrupted with a message. He took it and read it with a firm look on his face. He'd hoped to get this message sooner, but when he promised his sister he would give her space until she was ready to talk to him. He knew of her impressing and wanted to congratulate her, but still, he waited to hear from her. "Epi...I hate to cut this short, but I'm being requested. Come have dinner with us this evening?" He asked as he put his smoke out and stood to walk over to Weisden.

"Sure thing. See you then," She said as she gave him a still sort of awkward half-hug and then ran off to do...well, whatever else fun she could find.

It wasn't a long trip as he only had to go to another part of the weyryard to find her and riding on Weis made it even faster. His quartz gave a bark of announcement that they were there. Well met, young one. I am Weisden. My bond mate is Naji. A clutch mate of your rider. He spoke for all of them to hear. Naji dismounted and moved up to Lesly a smile on his face. "Lesly, congratulations. That's quite the stunning dragon you have there. Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long. Epi was playing with Weisden, so..." Should he hug her? Immediately apologize? He was a bit lost here.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:42 am

Soon, soon they would be there and Lesly wasn't sure what she would do when faced by her brother. She had anticipated this moment for so long and now that it was almost upon her, she had no idea how she was going to properly react. Slap him, push him back, pull him close... Jack tried to tell her not to worry, but worry was all she could do when she hadn't seen her brother in so long.

Then came the sound of running paws, followed by a bark of greeting and the sound of another's voice in her head. She turned around to see the colorful daywher, her brother, and her chest squeezed around her heart as she stood and stepped forward with Jack by her side, the sport offering her the support she so desperately wanted. She held her breath a moment longer before nodding and responding to her brother in kind. "Thank you. He's... spectacular, yes?"

She felt the dragon press against her, and glanced down at him, felt the subtle nudge forward. She paused though, trying to figure things out. She had always felt such fierce anger towards her brother, and in a snap it was... it wasn't there. She was at a loss as to why, and knew Jack was part of that reason for it, but she couldn't figure out the rest. Unless... she had missed Naji enough that after all this time, and after having no family for so long, and no contact for so long...

She just took what she needed and hoped he wouldn't push her away. She stepped forward and hugged her brother, and felt herself sink into the embrace before he had the chance to push back, and Faranth, she whispered in her mind, please don't let him push away.
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:31 pm

"Thank you. He's... spectacular, yes?"

A wide, still awkward, smile spread on Naji's face at her questioning comment. He nodded emphatically and said, "Absolutely. One of a kind. Like his rider always has been." That was a stupid thing to say...thought Weisden assured him it wasn't. It just all felt...odd. This was his sister, for Faranth's sake, he'd known her his entire life. There was a time when he used to pull her hair and pick on her in ways only older brothers could do to younger sisters. They'd been so close too. She had always been the one he was closest to. Perhaps even more so than J'in, though he was pretty close to his pewterrider brother as well.

Naji was shocked, but only for a second, as Lesly wrapped her arms around his neck for a hug. It didn't take him long to return the embrace and sink into it as much as she had. There was no way he was going to push her away. He'd done that when he'd left home and not returned...he wasn't about to do it again. Naji was content to stand there hugging her for a while since it had been turns since they'd really even seen each other.

When he did pull back, his eyes were a bit watery and his throat felt tight, but he kept it together. "It really is so good to see you, Lesly. I...I'm so sorry it's been so long. I should have...well, I should have done something to get you out of there sooner or at the very least...get a hold of you." Naji apologized.
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:13 pm

She hadn't wanted to let go. It felt like a reality that was better than anything dreams could conjure. But then she heard Jack's voice in her head, and that reminded her she had something better waiting for her here, and so she let go, wiping at her eyes as they both stepped back and gave each other a little bit of room. Naji went on to begin explaining himself, and how he should have done something, anything, and she felt some of her old anger try and push up from the depths.

She could have let them. For a moment, she almost did. Instead, she shook her head and held up her head. "Naji, don't. Please. I don't want to bring up these things. You should have, I could have, J'in is in the same boat. But I'm here now and things are different." Faranth, when had she changed, when had the anger disappeared?

She glanced at the little dragon next to her, nosing at Weisden, and she knew. It was all because of the dragon that had plucked her soul from the stands and chose her mind as his. It was sinking in already, quick, fast. She didn't want the anger because... she wanted things to be better, and maybe she realized, there was something more to be angry and upset with. She glanced at her brother, set her hands on his shoulders, and nodded. "You can be upset at father with me. Mother too."

And that's when the anger lit up her features, that's when Jack started to shift uncomfortable from foot to foot. Her hands fell from her brother and she brushed something from her trousers. "There's so much reason to be mad and upset at them, Naji. So much. But I can forgive you and J'in for leaving me."
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:48 am

"Naji, don't. Please. I don't want to bring up these things. You should have, I could have, J'in is in the same boat. But I'm here now and things are different."

Naji had been loathed to let go of his dear baby sister, but he did and looked at her. It was a relief that she wasn't angry with him, though he would fight tooth and nail that she had every right to be. "Neither do I, but just because I don't want to doesn't mean I shouldn't," he teased with a small snort. Both of them knew he wasn't the sort to like to admit to doing something wrong. "I am sorry though. As long as you believe that I won't mention it again," he promised. "I would say things are different. You've just become a rider of all things. Taking after me and J'in...bonding when you're not supposed to."

"You can be upset at father with me. Mother too."

The smile for his sister changed to a look of anger at the mention of their father. "The day he disowned me I thought I was finally rid of him. Apparently, I can't be so lucky." All Naji had wanted to do was to live out the rest of his days in peace and love with his husband...but now children were involved, of all things.

"There's so much reason to be mad and upset at them, Naji. So much. But I can forgive you and J'in for leaving me."

He nodded his head solemnly. "I know there is and I'm sure there is much more that I do not know about it and those things I am beginning to learn." Naji still did not feel as strongly the hatred and anger about what his father had been doing as Inakil, but he was getting there. "I should thank you...by the way...for helping Epi escape." No doubt his daughter would be brought up eventually, might as well do it now.
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:21 am

"I would say things are different. You've just become a rider of all things. Taking after me and J'in...bonding when you're not supposed to."

She chuckled, having not realized things had turned out in such a manner until now. She placed a hand over her chest, feeling her heart thumping away, and for a moment, she felt as though things were right in the world. For the first time in Turns, perhaps for the first time her entire life, things were just perfect. "I don't think anyone realized it would have turned out this way. I know I never had. But I'm not going to argue. Jack..." She turned to look at the dragon, who was still nudging gently at Weisden. "Fuck, Weis is being so good and patient with him."

"The day he disowned me I thought I was finally rid of him. Apparently, I can't be so lucky."

She felt a little guilty for that, but in reality, she knew why he was saying it. She reached out to touch his arm, then let herself lean into her brother again. "I wouldn't mind seeing something happen to him after what he's done. Not so much to you, me and J'in - well, maybe a little to us - but for everything else..." And hopefully, with the way her voice died off, and she went quiet, he would know what she meant and why she couldn't finish her words.

"I should thank you...by the way...for helping Epi escape."

That was enough to brighten her, and she stood straight. "Oh, thank Faranth she made it here." She pressed her fingers to her chest again, relief painted on her face. "I'm so glad, so very glad." She swallowed, having to resist asking to see the girl, knowing that eventually she would get the chance. "How is she? Is she doing well?"
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:21 am

"I don't think anyone realized it would have turned out this way. I know I never had. But I'm not going to argue. Jack... Fuck, Weis is being so good and patient with him."

"We're Bitrans, but I don't think even we would have gambled that this is where we'd be turns ago when we were still children playing under the table of the Great Hall." Naji stated cheekily. While some people might get offended by such stereotypes about where they came from, but he rather enjoyed hearing them and using them. He looked over at his quartz to see him chilling with the baby Jack. "Weis has had plenty of chances to learn to be patient...he's bonded to me after all."

"I wouldn't mind seeing something happen to him after what he's done. Not so much to you, me and J'in - well, maybe a little to us - but for everything else..."

"The bastard deserves the worst for everything he's done. Not just one of them. Faranth knows what other horrible things he's done that we don't know about." Naji stated venomously. She didn't have to say what she meant, he knew, but he also thought that their father deserved the worst possible for everything he'd done...not just one of the worst things he'd done.

"Oh, thank Faranth she made it here. I'm so glad, so very glad. How is she? Is she doing well?"

"Aye...she most certainly made it here." Naji agreed and rubbed the back of his neck. "She's my child, so she's a cranky, know-it-all, pain in the ass, little brat. Other than that, she's doing alright. Things between us are better than they were, though she still gets along better with Inakil than me. Perhaps I should take that personally, but I really don't care."
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:58 am

"We're Bitrans, but I don't think even we would have gambled that this is where we'd be turns ago when we were still children playing under the table of the Great Hall."

Those were actually pleasant memories, and it brought along others that she had buried for quite some time. It put a smile on her face and she rested her head on his shoulder a moment before standing straight. "Ah, Bitrans are we, but children at heart shall we be." That brought a chuckle from her, and she shook her head. "Some of the times at least. We have to be adults every so often." She glanced towards the two dragonkin and smiled softly at her darling Jack.

"Weis has had plenty of chances to learn to be patient...he's bonded to me after all."

That made her laugh outright and she nodded. "Poor Weis, having to put up with you for so long." She poked her brother in the side and grinned. She was only kidding of course, the two were perfectly matched and she knew they were good for one another. It did make her wonder if the same could be said for her and Jack. "Do you ever wonder what made him choose you? Is thinking that about your bonded normal?" She had done that with Jack since he had chosen her from the stands... she wasn't sure if that was a typical post-Impression thing or not.

"The bastard deserves the worst for everything he's done. Not just one of them. Faranth knows what other horrible things he's done that we don't know about."

Lesly wasn't altogether sure if she wanted to know or not, but her fists tigthened at her sides regardless and she nodded. "So long as you and I get to have our say in what happens to him, then whatever he gets is only fair." The guards, the good ones that was, would be lucky to get to their father before his children did. "If you... work on this before I'm graduated, promise you'll take a piece out of him for me, Naji?"

"She's my child, so she's a cranky, know-it-all, pain in the ass, little brat. Other than that, she's doing alright. Things between us are better than they were, though she still gets along better with Inakil than me. Perhaps I should take that personally, but I really don't care."

That made her grin, and it pleased her to know that the girl was taking after her father so closely. "Oh, I'm so pleased ot know she's so much like you. Has to keep you on toes as much as that darling man of yours does." To think that her brother was a family man, of all things, or as close to it as he would ever come, was a bit of a surprise; in a way though, it actually wasn't. It was a perfect thing indeed.
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image