Checkmate Denied ~ [ tag ] Ferghas / Parker

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:12 am

[ Fuzzy timed to a bit before the hatching. ]

Lesly had been after that bottle of alcohol since arriving at the Weyr and realizing it was behind the bar. It was top of the line, expensive, had been one of her favorites back at Bitra. She hadn't had the chance to savor a single drop of it in Faranth knew how long, and she'd been denied the taste simply because it belonged to someone else. She'd been perplexed about that, had tried to fling around the fact that she was someone, and that hadn't worked in her favor - "You're a Lord Holder's daughter? Well I'm the Weyrwoman's mother twice removed." She was smart enough to walk away, and even smarter to remember the face of the man and the schedule he kept -

So when she noticed another bartender working one night, she had to work carefully, quietly, to ensure that it wasn't some trick. It lasted a night, then another, and when he appeared again on the third, she had decided it was time to act. With a look around the dining hall, she moved forward. With a look around the bar, she slid onto it and settled on the stool with a smile for the bartender. She pointed out what she wanted, said she'd pay well enough for it. She had marks, most of which were borrowed from friends at the Weyr, and she set them on the counter.

"I'll have a nice, tall glass, please. I plan to savor it." She wouldn't quite entice the entire container of liquid from the bottle, but she would enjoy enough of it for now. How she had managed to spend the marks for as much of it as she had was beyond her, but she deserved it after everything she had been through. The other bartender had told her it had been owned? Fuck that - it wasn't her that couldn't do their job right, and it wasn't her that didn't know how to keep their fine alcohols locked away like they belonged.

As the glass and bottle were set on the counter for her, she smiled and offered another extra mark or two before setting her finger on the rim of the glass. This, she thought as she brought the container of beautiful nectar up and viewed in the glow light, would be beautiful. "Faranth, how I've missed you, sweetheart."

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him
Tag Status: Open Permission Needed

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:59 pm

Ferghas took a deep breath and enjoyed the smell of the southern air. He honestly had not figured he would miss this place he had referred to as home as much as he did. It wasn't as if he had been away all that long. There was some business that had required his personal attention and finesse before the idiots he had in place to take care of things for him ruined everything. He used the excuse of the sick family back home in order to get permission to go up north and stay for a few weeks. Since he, for all intents and purposes, was an exemplary guard he didn't have issues it getting a yes. Fersk had quite a good time visiting up north since it was a place she had never been before. The oddity of her had turned a lot of heads, but she didn't seem to mind the attention.

Now they were back home, business taken care of, and he hoped to be able to get back to his normal routine of running things from his cushy office here at New Atricis. First things were first, and seeing as how he was a man of sophistication and good taste, Ferghas headed to the dining hall and the bar area specifically. Fersk was happy to go into the tunnels to rest and talk to her wher friends that she hadn't see in awhile. There really was no other feeling like coming home.

Ferghas's good mood would turn out to be the one reason why the sight he was met with didn't immediately make his blood boil. At the bar sat a blond woman. That was nothing abnormal, however, the bottle she was now looking at so fondly was familiar and not at all supposed to be drank by anyone but him or people he said could have some. He clicked his tongue as an eyebrow rose in curiosity at the audacity this woman had and then he headed over there.

"Faranth, how I've missed you, sweetheart."

"Well, well, well...what have we here?" Ferghas asked as he moved up to the bar himself. Without asking for permission, he reached over the counter and grabbed himself a glass and then took the bottle of fine liquor and filled his glass up. Dark eyes looked between the girl and the bartender. The bartender realized the error of his ways, but Ferghas waved off any apology. "If you're going to drink my secret stash of fine alcohol, the least you can do is give me a name."

Image x8
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:06 am

There was a narrowing of the eyes as the voice interrupted her appreciation of the drink, and for a moment she was dead set on telling the man in question to piss off. Instead, she listened to what he had to say, but there was no hint of regret on her face. If she felt anything in those regards, it was well kept beneath the surface, and she watched him and she pulled the glass towards her lips and proceeded to take a sip without hesitation. She was going to have a drink of this fine alcohol before she answered any questions, that was for sure.

"The name is Lesly." She informed him. "And it is a crime to keep such a fine liquor to yourself." He wasn't going to hear the end of it from her either, regardless of how long they kept company with one another. She took another sip, because it was so damn good and she simply couldn't resist enjoying it after so long, and finally after throwing back three slow drinks, she set the glass down and folded her legs over like a lady, then proceeded to do the same with her hands in her lap. "And you sir, owe me your name in kind, I do believe. A thief of fine alcohols - for that is what you are if you choose to keep them all to yourself - should only be that fair."
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:24 am

Once Ferghas had his glass full, he was even kind enough to pour her a little bit more before he put the cork back in it and handed it back to the barkeep. The man reached and grabbed it, but was met by resistance as Ferghas simply stared at him and kept staring at him for a long, silent moment until the man shifted nervously under the glare. "Do be sure to keep this where it belongs next time," he said to the young man who merely nodded in understanding before returning the bottle back to where it was supposed to stay.

"The name is Lesly." She informed him. "And it is a crime to keep such a fine liquor to yourself."

"Not really. It was more a crime acquiring such a fine liquor to keep for myself," Ferghas stated nonchalantly before he took a sniff of the fine spirit and then a sip. It really was an amazing vintage. While it was the absolute truth that it had more or less been a crime that he'd committed to getting the liquor, he sincerely doubted that she would believe that completely. That bottle had been a payment from a certain rich merchant that had needed someone that knew too much, taken care of in a way that wouldn't point back to him. Ferghas had not let the man down.

"And you sir, owe me your name in kind, I do believe. A thief of fine alcohols - for that is what you are if you choose to keep them all to yourself - should only be that fair."

Ferghas couldn't help but laugh at her comment and description of himself. "I assure you. All of my fine bottles of wine are gotten through true business liaisons. However, if you can recognize how fine such a bottle is that I have hidden...then you should have no issue in understanding why I would wish to keep such treasures hidden," he stated as he held a hand out to her in greeting. "Lesly...my name is Ferghas. To what do I owe the displeasure of finding such a lovely vixen stealing from my proverbial 'hen house'?"
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:04 pm

She had absolutely no issue at all being able to figure the spirit out at all. It was one of her favorites after all, and she had been only too eager to drink it. Would have taken it away for herself had he not come forward to stop her. Damn him, maybe next time, if she ended up in this area when no one was here, if that was even possible - she had seen where the bottle had been tucked away, after all. But that wouldn't be for some time, which was a shame, so she was just going to have to savor what was in her glass for now, she supposed.

"It just so happens, Ferghas, that I've been trapped inside for far too long and kept away from my favorite for about that time, so seeing it I knew I needed to have some." That was about all he was going to find out about her, that and nothing more. If he wanted to know anything else well... he was going to have to give her more of that liquor and even then, it wasn't going to happen anytime soon, she determined.

Lifting her shoulders in his direction, she took a sip, let it swirl around her tongue and sighed as it burned its way down her throat. It tasted, felt, so good, but she resisted the urge to take another drink so soon after. "I can understand why you're so possessive of it though, believe me. I would be too in your position. Faranth though, it is entirely unfair that this is all I'm likely to get for the foreseeable future..."
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:14 am

"It just so happens, Ferghas, that I've been trapped inside for far too long and kept away from my favorite for about that time, so seeing it I knew I needed to have some."

Ferghas's dark eyes narrowed on her a moment as he took another slow sip of the precious liquid. Perhaps it seemed as if he was just staring at her, but in fact, he was running through his extensive knowledge to see if he could figure out why she looked familiar to him. The studious look on his face turned to one of cat-like pleasure as his brain supplied him with the information he knew he possessed.

"I would dare say trapped is the appropriate word a daughter of a Lord Holder would use. Especially one that didn't wish to be married to whichever fat and old cock promised daddy the best deal for her hand in marriage," Ferghas stated in a voice more full of himself than a dragonet on hatching day. "It's good to see you, Lady Lesly of Bitra, and even more splendid to know the stories of your demise are obviously highly exaggerated." He was rather proud of himself that he knew about the current news concerning Bitra Hold.

"I can understand why you're so possessive of it though, believe me. I would be too in your position. Faranth though, it is entirely unfair that this is all I'm likely to get for the foreseeable future..."

"So certain of that, are you? We'll see," Ferghas stated teasingly and gave her a wink. "Decide to escape to New Atricis and join your brothers in their stand against Lord Naarkaden's tyranny or was the man he was trying to marry you too really so grotesque being disavowed was a better option?"
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:47 am

"I would dare say trapped is the appropriate word a daughter of a Lord Holder would use. Especially one that didn't wish to be married to whichever fat and old cock promised daddy the best deal for her hand in marriage,"

She froze. It was an instant reaction to his words, to the knowledge that someone knew who she was and that there was no real or immediate way to escape. Her eyes flickered about anyway, but regardless of their tactics, she couldn't find any means to get past him without him being able to grab hold of her first. Shit. What if he'd already known about her before this? What if her father's men were already on their way? Well, after this she was just going to have to take off again, easy as that - she knew her friends had worked so hard for her, but they would understand if she disappeared and...

"It's good to see you, Lady Lesly of Bitra, and even more splendid to know the stories of your demise are obviously highly exaggerated."

...that was unexpected. He was pleased by her appearance at Atricis, or so it seemed? She looked at him carefully, eyes narrowing as she regarded him, trying to discern if she could trust him or not. Well, she supposed she had no choice in the matter for now, but later on she might have to make a difference of opinion, so she'd stay on her feet and not let him try to change her mind without serious consideration first.

"And a mighty thanks for that - I'm rather pleased that I'm still alive myself. Though I'm curious to know how far and wide reports of my apparent demise have spread." Or what else her father had let fester concerning her during her apparent imprisionment.

"Decide to escape to New Atricis and join your brothers in their stand against Lord Naarkaden's tyranny or was the man he was trying to marry you too really so grotesque being disavowed was a better option?"

A little of both? Not... exactly that, she decided. She hadn't wanted to marry, though she didn't know why, but she mainly wanted to escape and said as much. "I needed to get away from my father. Stand against him. You yourself are saying it loud and clear - he's a tyrant, needs to be broken. I would have been damned if I didn't have my hands involved in bringing him to his knees and then some." She frowned, deep enough that her entire face scrunched up. "I won't let him lock me up ever again either. That was a... terrible time."
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image