Waterfalls Falls ~ Finn(Ember)

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Slasher
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open

Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:42 pm

The fact that Kane had basically switched his entire schedule to being nocturnal was both a blessing and an invonvenience. On one hand, he loved that there were less people around, less feelings and vibrations to deal with when it came to being around others. On the other hand, if he wanted to go out and explore, or do something, it was a bit harder to deal with. He either had to do it by the light of a glow, or torch if he was outside. Which is where he found himself that night. Kane wanted to climb the waterfall. Well, investigate it a bit, at least. Maybe not climb.

Standing on the shore right next to the cliff, Kane eyed the waterfall. He had a relatively bright glow in one hand, and was eyeing the cliff face thoughtfully. And then he went for it. He wanted to get behind the falls, see what was back there. Nevermind that it was autumn, it was getting colded at night, and if he ended up wet he could become that much more frigid. Oh no. Tucking the glow into a mesh satchel he had attached to his chest, it freed his hands, and he could see. Sort of. Grabbing the rock face, he started climbing out along the steep hillside, only a few ilms above the slightly choppy water.

His focus narrowed, he only paid attention to where his hands were going. Everything else was dark, other than the general Weyr lights around him. He could hear the waterfall steadily, slowly become louder. Above him, Boop and Bram swooped and chittered, and it made the man smile to hear them. His mind went blank. He reveled in the feel of his muscles starting to burn as he made his way, ilm by ilm. He could hear the fall starting to be more of a roar. Looking up, he saw the light glint off the falling waters, felt the mist hit his face, and he smiled.

And then he was falling. He ahd failed to really think of the fact that the mist made the rocks slick the closer one got, and he missed a hand hold. He felt his arm hit the cliff, felt his shirt sleeve rip. And he cursed silently in his head as he hit the water. A moment, and he surfaced again. With a scowl, he glared at the waterfall, then turned and tread water back to shore. By the time he reached it, his arm had a dull ache to it. Standing on the shore, he lifted the glow a bit to eye his arm, and saw the dark bloom of blood. ”Well, shit.” With a sigh, he headed for the Infirmary.

Arriving at the Infirmary, he glanced around, then caught a passing healer, ”Pardon, but where should I go for a cut?” He lifted his arm, the shredded sleeve falling down to reveal a disturbingly deep gash, the edges of it half-torn, half-sliced by the rocks, blood happily streaming out of it even as he dripped water all over the floor.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:35 am

The Apprentice frowned and went to reach for a cloth from one of the shelves nearby. Not for Kane of course, but for the gash that was dripping blood on the floor. "This doesn't look good. You sure did a number on yourself..." They lifted the cloth and cursed under their breath. This was beyond their skills as an Apprentice to take care of - a simple suture, sure. This looked like something far deeper that would require far steadier of a hand. "Finn? Hey Finn! Want to come out here, please?"

The garnetrider, choosing to spend a shift in the infirmary on her restday, came wandering out of the back where she'd been working on inventorying bottles of medicines. Upon seeing the cloth that was blooming a red stain and the Apprentice that was panicking over it, she hurried over and nodded. "Go get the room prepped for me, yeah?" She explained what she would need after taking a look at the gash and hissed over how deep it was, focusing more on that then the man that stood before her.

"Okay, this is going to take me a while." She told him, giving him a slight tug before leading him towards the room the Apprentice had hurried towards. "Good. I needed something to do. Hold onto this while we walk and follow me. I'll get to work on this once we're in the room and then send you on your way." All business, just as she always was when on duty. Thankfully she would be done soon, which was one of the reasons she was so pleased to have something - someone - to tend to all of a sudden.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher

Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Kane couldn't help but smile a bit at the nervous apprentice. He stood patiently as they handed him a cloth, and obediently held it against his arm. He'd had worse over the years, but this one would definitely be another scar. As the apprentice bustled about, calling in a more experienced healer, and then scurried to retrieve the requested supplies, Kane caught the kid's attention before following the woman, ”Hey, relax, ok? You're doing great!”

The healer, on the other hand...she was all business. Kane followed her to the specified room, then sat on the bed like a good little patient. Obviously not his first rodeo being seen by a healer. He started watching her then, his head tilting a little. This chick was interesting. Bored, and eager to be doing something. All business, but he had to wonder who she really was. She didn't come off as just a healer, like this was a lost passion. As she bustled about getting herself ready, he grinned a little, ”So what are you really? You're not just a healer.” His tone was matter of fact, and curious.

Through the open door, Boop and Bram swooped in, chittering that he had disappeared without their knowledge. Seeing the blood, the pair landed on the bed behind where he was sitting, and both made scolding, chittering noises at him. He in turn ignored the starlizards, watching Finn. After a moment, he spared the flitts a glance, ”You better be good in here, she might kick you out otherwise. This girl is all business.” There were playful undertones to his serious warning to the starlizards.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:21 am

He was a sharp tack, she noted with a smile as she was working to gather her things. She didn't answer immediately though, for a moment or two later, she heard him speak again but it wasn't to her. A single look over her shoulder saw him talking to a lizard, and she actually found herself chuckling in response to his words. "Aye, I'm all business and no play. Don't even know how to sleep. I stay awake all night and bite off the heads of little lizards during the day." She wiggled her red stained fingers in the direction of the lizard in a far-from-threatening manner, all while winking in Kane's direction.

With her hands washed, her supplies gathered, she carried her tray over to his side. "And yes, I'm not just a healer." She set the tray down and proceeded to settle on the stool that was next to the got before taking hold of his arm and setting it down to begin the process of washing it out. "I'm a rider, but I was a healer of Journey status prior to Impressing a few Turns ago." Up close, with such light upon it, the wound looked pretty gnarly, and she hissed between her teeth. "Good thing you got me when you did - I'm still awake and have a steady hand."

She sounded more excited for this than she had any right to be considering she wasn't the one hurt and would be the one wielding the sharp needle being dug in his flesh. Before she flushed out the wound, or tried to pick out any debris, she glanced up at him. "Some of this might hurt, and I do apologize, but I need to ensure it gets cleaned properly before I can give you numbweed and can stitch you up. Understand?"

Image x1
counted
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:06 pm

For a moment, the starlizards were vaguely alarmed by the woman's words, and the accompanying image Kane provided. But Boop had been around long enough to offer a single admonishing peep at the humans, before swooping out in mock-offense. Bram, being much younger, took a bit longer, and instead crept up Kane's good arm to perch on his shoulder, watching with a slightly wary gaze at the woman. Kane ignored the reddite, instead looking at Finn as she came and sat down next to the cot.

Her attitude was nice. All business, but she has in good humor, so it wasn't bad being tended to. She had a soft touch too. When she got his arm rinsed, he didn't really react to the pain that must be coming from the wound, instead watching her with interest. It was obvious blood, injuries, pain, none of it was unfamiliar to him. When Finn hissed, he glanced at her, ”That bad looking, huh?” With the warning of further pain, he honestly shrugged.

It's not the worst I've had. You might have been a healer, and still are obviously, but I was a fighter. It won't be my first scar.” He winked at her, ”Do whatever you need to, Finn. It was Finn, right? That's what the nervous apprentice called you.” His tone implied he had found the nervous apprentice amusing. Not in a making fun of way, but more like an amused big brother when a younger sibling did something they were proud of.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:52 pm

"I should admonish you, you know." She told him as she began to work, her fingers skilled, though careful, as she proceeded to pat the wound dry before inspecting it for any remaining debris. She didn't say why for a moment, though if he really thought about it he might realize the meaning of her teasing words, for there had been that kind of note hanging on her voice when she spoke to him. Instead, her response came after she was satisfied that the washing had cleared everything out, and she could finally proceed to work on suturing the wound itself.

"Calling me by my name instead of my rank..." She clicked her tongue while she threaded the needle, then proceeded to carefully dab both with redwort. "Are you always so loose of tongue with healers that tend to you?" If he hoped to get sugar from her well... she wanted to think she'd be up to giving him a rumble in the furs, but she wasn't sure if she was ready for something like that yet, no matter how handsome he was. And he was a patient. Best to keep it professional, she reminded herself, schooling her features carefully.

"I'm playing, by the way. If you haven't been able to tell." She pursed her lips as she proceeded to reach for his flesh. "Anyway," she turned her head and coughed. "I'm going to start the suturing. No," she stopped and set things aside to spread some numbweed, unable to believe she had almost forgotten that step. After the thin layer of poultice was spread, she picked the needle and thread back up and leaned over his arm. "You can call me Finn, aye, but what do I call you?"
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Slasher

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:28 pm

”I'm pretty loose of tongue in general, honestly.” He couldn't help but grin at the woman a little, his tone possibly implying a bit more than just talking. It was possible he was referring to something quite a bit more intimate, but it was difficult to say if he was flirting or not. He was enjoying watching her work, however. It had been a good chunk of time since he had needed to see a healer for anything, let alone stitches. And he could be happy with the fact that he had an attractive one tending to him too.

As she readied her surface, spreading a bit of numbweed almost as an after thought, but he could tell she was just a bit out of it. In a good way though. He grinned as she introduced herself, and had to offer his own in turn, ”I was branded Thaekanenarohah by the lovely aunties who raised me...But I don't insist on being called that. Please just call me Kane.” He knew his long name was a bit of a mouth full, and Kane was just so much easier for people.

He held his arm still, knowing better than to wiggle beneath the needle. Bram fidgeted however, until Kane lifted a hand to soothe the little flitt, ”So you're a healer by night, and a rider by day? Sounds like a busy life.”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:15 am

The corner of her mouth curved at his words, knowing well enough what he was additionally implying with them. She was no prude, and was old enough to know when someone was being suggestive. She lifted a brow and shook her head, feeling a slight flush rise to her cheeks. No, she had to focus on her patient, as a patient, and not consider things in any other light. And she ignored the "not now" that threatened to rise up in the back of her mind.

"Hm, quite the name. It would take me several... bites... to get through it, I think." She was smiling, but despite it, she was berating herself for it. She hadn't meant it, or at least saying it the way she had. She had started to poke at his skin as she'd spoken, and it had come out... She heard Danteth chuckle in her mind and chose to ignore the garnet in favor of focusing on other things instead. Like her work. Yes, that was much better.

"Aye." She let out a breath and, numbweed in place, redwort too, she gave the slightest of winces as the needle brought through skin. "Well, sometimes. I don't work in the infirmary like I used to before Impressing. I'm just doing a favor during Rest Day for someone so that's why I'm here doing a shift on my day off from practice - besides that, I took care of my dragon, so I have a little extra time on my hands." She glanced up at him briefly. "Do you always wish to know so much about your healers, Kane, or am I a special case?"
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Slasher

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:05 pm

He was thrilled when he caught the hint of a blush on her cheeks. She was honestly rather cute, regardless of the color of her cheeks, and he would shamelessly enjoy the attention, and do his diligence to make her grin. And when she mentioned biting...He grinned. If she looked, she would note the amused glint in his eye. He could feel her own warring feelings on the matter even. Good that she was wanting to stay 'professional', but also good that she was entertaining the idea of other things.

As she winced when the needle pierced his skin, he didn't flinch, or even really act like he noticed. These wouldn't be his first stitches, and she was a might gentler than literally any of the healer's he had had in the past. He found himself a little bit fascinated by her. Which that in itself could be a result of his own current celibacy. Being a candidate had rules and stuff, but...rules were also meant to be broken, or at least bent, right?

A quick shake of his head to clear those thoughts, because come on now, Kane, don't be a pig. But...he could feel her own focus trying to stay on task, and couldn't quite stop himself from poking just a little, ”Oh, you're definitely a special case. Probably the softest touch of any healer I've met...And the best looking. It's not often I'm graced with such a beauty tending to me.” He shrugged a little, but he was also not quite joking.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:38 am

She couldn't help but roll her eyes a little, but it was clear that she was pleased by his words - if anything, the slight curl of her mouth gave her away. She was quiet for a little while after that though, so focused was she on the task at hand, especially when she came to the more difficult flaps of skin and wanting to ensure that she didn't screw up the sutures any, not that she should doubt her steady fingers any; she just wanted to make sure things ended up perfect at the moment.

With a smile after she made it past that part, she continued working, dabbing at his skin when she needed to with a cloth. "Just about done and then you can scamper away from me." The idea of him scampering made her laugh, and she had to stop what she was doing for a moment, afraid she would pull out one of the sutures by mistake. "Oh shit, I can't make myself laugh while I'm working, fuck." She would have covered her mouth for swearing in front of a patient, but somehow, she didn't think this one would care.
Dragonfolk

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image