Looking for Advice [Tag: Ember/Alasander]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any
Tag Status: Open

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Almost 16 turns. This turn, 2050, would mark Inakil's 16th turn with Dolcekil. The pack had come such a long way in such a short time. Those turns ago there had just been the two adults and their first clutch of cubs. Now there were so many daywhers, a whole pack larger than any had fathomed. Of course, Inakil wasn't thinking of all this that day, it wasn't something he dwelled on a lot, usually only around the anniversary of Dolcekil's hatching did he get like that. Perhaps it would have been good to think about it that day though, to realize fully he was considered one of the most veteran Dayhandlers in the Weyr now. It wasn't something that occurred to him ever though, that he could be someone considered "veteran." Someone to be potentially looked up to. Perhaps it was because he was a Supporthandler, focused more on the creche with Dolcekil given her nature. He didn't patrol the same as the others, just provided guard to the crecheyard most of the time and helped entertain or watch the children.

Today though, they were off from work, given some freetime from their usual work for a rest day. So with the season still in fair weather, and Inakil finding it more pleasantly warm than hot at this time of turn, he and Dolcekil were out in one of the Daywher pavilions. Inakil sat with his back resting on Dolcekil, finding her a comfy resting spot since she had developed her Caretaker roundness. Dolcekil, meanwhile, was watching a few of her growing cubs, even daring to try to groom one or two of them if they let her, despite how much they were growing now. They were still young though, and she mothered them every chance she got.

Inakil wasn't bothered by her movements sometimes, just sitting and reading his book, enjoying the sounds of Daywhers and the sounds of the Yard beyond, really enjoying the Southern Autumn.

Image x7
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Image ~..:: Dragonfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Wherfolk & Dayfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Pearlfolk & Weyrfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image
Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Site Avatar art by Naomi Lord
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:34 am

There came a point in time after bonding to Rohinder that Sal had started to admit to himself that he was going to eventually have to talk to someone about this thing going on with his head, the one where he could hear daywhers. It had become progressively more active since the hatching, though it wasn't all consuming, just sharply more noticeable, more difficult to ignore at times, especially when he was close enough to a daywher that wasn't his own and they weren't even aware of his presence at first.

It was upon waking up with a bleeding nose one morning that he was made to promise by the blood that he would go and speak to someone, and eventually all thoughts of who led to Inakil. He knew the rosehandler was a... well, he wasn't sure if the man was a leader, perse, but when Sal thought of "leadership" within the pack, his thoughts would bring him to the veteran handler. So it only made sense to seek him out and speak with him, right?

With Rohinder at his side, they went in search of the rosehandler, Sal trying his best not to reach out for Dolcekil's mind to find him; he could do this without doing so, even if he'd long ago accepted that he couldn't control how things went. If it happened, it would happen, but he sometimes had to remind himself how it really worked. Or... well, he didn't know how it worked, he only went based on his own assumptions thus far.

He grimaced as rubbed the back of his neck, but Rohinder let out a soft trill when he found the man, and though he looked relaxed, and Sal felt terrible for it, he decided to speak once the pair had stilled nearby. "Excuse me, sir," It felt strange to say that, since he didn't think they were much different in age, but he respected Inakil far too much to say anything otherwise to him. "But I was wondering if you might have a moment or two to spare for me?"

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any
Tag Status: Open

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:04 pm

"Excuse me, sir." The voice easily got Inakil's attention, the rosehandler looking up and a little surprised to see one of the Daylings before him. Though Rohinder was one of Dolly's own cubs, Inakil didn't feel it was often that the Daylings would seek him out instead of one of the Daylingmasters if they needed something. In fact, Inakil tended to recognize the cubs of most classes more than their handlers, mostly because Dolcekil was often the mother of the cubs, and as a caretaker wher she wished to help with the offspring of the pack.

"Of course," Inakil answered regardless of his slight surprise, earing his book and closing it to set aside for the moment. He wasn't too worried about leaving it on the ground for now, standing and brushing off his pants so he could properly speak with the young man, who really wasn't all that much younger than himself.

"Alasander, correct? What do you need," he questioned lightly with his expression friendly but attentive. Dolcekil, meanwhile, chirruped happily to Rohinder from where she laid in the pavilion, welcoming one of her cubs pleasantly.
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Image ~..:: Dragonfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Wherfolk & Dayfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Pearlfolk & Weyrfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image
Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Site Avatar art by Naomi Lord
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:07 pm

Sal bowed his head after being acknowledged and thanked the man with a smile and few words. He relaxed a little more, and since he'd been asked what he wanted, he decided to simply get on with it; no need to beat around the bush when both had things to do, Inakil probably more so.

"Sir," he wasn't sure if this was something that had ever been heard of, but hopefully he would be understood. "I don't know if any of what I'll say will make sense, but I need help understanding something I'm able to do." Okay, that wasn't exactly much to go off of, wouldn't help at all. Good going, Sal! "I can hear other daywhers. When I'm near them that is. If I hear them at all, which I don't always." He took another breath, now that the meat of it was out of the way. "I wasn't aware that I could do this until I came South, and even then I didn't know what was going on with my head for a while. Have you ever heard of something like this happening before?"
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.