Breaking Bread ~ [ tag ] Saerle / Syra

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:27 am

It was almost time. She could sense it, and if she hadn't been able to, judging from the way Sandalphonth sent away everything from the sands that dared come forward, Dirce would have known - the eggs wouldn't be long before they hatched. Her agitation was thick in the air, and she knew the zultanite needed to take away from the sands for a moment, if only to stretch and eat. "Perhaps Behemoth can stay with them for a while, or even Iktomith. You know how he is - he'd bite anything that comes near them."

That gave the zultanite reason to pause. If the pewter would bite anything that came near her eggs, then they would be well guarded. That was reason enough for her to be willing to allow him near enough to guard. But, only the entrances that she wouldn't be able to keep an eye on. She could perch him there, then another at the larger entrance. That seemed to satisfy her, and the queen made the arrangements before she left the hatching grounds.

*Not for long though. I trust them... I think I trust them, but if my eggs hatch without me...*

Dirce sighed and placed a hand on her dragon, and realized they weren't moving away from the hatching grounds, just lingering at the entrance just outside of them. She had a feeling they wouldn't drift far, and she grimaced. "How are you going to eat if we don't move, my love? You haven't had this issue before?" She soothed, cooing gently as she rubbed all the places she knew had worked to comfort her in the past. But even then, she could feel the tension continue to grip her.

*Just... give me a moment, please. They might need me, so I'm going to stay here and wait. A moment. Maybe two.* Her apprehension was thick, clearly, and Dirce decided not to try and press her further. It wouldn't lead to anything good, and she knew better than to try. Let her darling go at her own pace, and eventually they would get there.

Image x5
Counted
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Saerle
Title: Laureate
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Resilience is, of course, necessary for a warrior.

Rasenth and Syra had come along just in time to see Sandalphonth emerging from the Hatching Ground, not straying from the entrance. The bluerider smiled, that made her job much easier as she and her massive blue made they way to the other pair. The blue, his mouth full of a huge herdbeast he had hunted for the clutch-bound queen, walked slowly so as not to damage the animal much more than he had to kill it.

Syra could feel a cajoling air around the woman, but said nothing. If the queen was near the entrance it was likely she had been going to hunt for herself, as Zultanites were more willing to do. Stepping into conversational space, and hearing the woman's last words to her dragon, the bluerider gave a small bow, "Queenrider Dirce, Rasenth and I may be able to help? He has brought Sandalphonth a steer if she would allow him to gift it to her."

Rasenth moved forward, remaining behind his rider in case the queen was now protective of the entrance to the Sands. He had never intended to enter them, of course, but Syra had warmed him to be extra respectful around a female with eggs. The blue placed the herdbeast between them, carefully pushing it toward Sandalphonth before dipping his head and backing up a step or two. All the better to assure the queen that he didn't want to come near her eggs without permission -- even from outside of the Hatching Sands. Queen Sandalphonth, I hope that this herdbeast is to your liking. Rasenth offered respectfully.

But empathy is the capacity to understand that every war is both won and lost.
TAGS: Tags
OUTFIT: Outfit
NOTES: Notes

.::Marks Tracking :: Characters, Recurring NPCs & Available Family Tracker :: Candidate Questionnaires::.
Italic speech from dragon or human is telepathic, unstyled text is heard by anyone nearby for my characters.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Ember

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:40 am

Dirce smiled at that, and tipped her head in thanks, mouthing her appreciation - "Thank you both." - and waiting for how Sandalphonth would respond as well. It was a matter of seeing how she reacted, seeing as how this was her territory for the time being, and she was not familiar with this blue.

But as she waited she saw the zultanite sniff the herdbeast brought to her, and decide it was delicious looking and smelling, nice and fat and perfect, exactly what she had been craving. The young queen crooned and pulled the carcass closer, though she made sure to thank Rasenth for his offering as she did. Thank you, blue Rasenth. This is most appreciated. I didn't wish to stray far from my clutch today, and you have allowed me to stay close to them.

Relieved, Dirce placed a hand on her chest and let out her breath, glancing towards Syra with a smile. The tall woman nodded and placed her hands on her hips while watching her dragon begin to eat rather daintily, though the further along she got it became a bit more ferocious, her hunger becoming more apparent. "Thank you both, like I had hinted at earlier. I wasn't sure if she would accept or not but hunger won out as did your blue's kindness. If she ends up wanting another, do you think he'd be willing to fetch her one? I'm not sure if she'll be wanting to move far from the sands today."

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Saerle

Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:08 pm

Rasenth chose to speak to Dirce herself, showing another sign of respect for the zultanite in doing so, Yes, I would be more than happy to fetch her whatever she would like. Even were it not a herdbeast. I do so enjoy using my size to my advantage. The blue was known for his large size, dark hide and broody temperament, but female dragons were a weakness of his and queens were always worthy of respect.

Syra smiled, "He speaks for himself, sometimes. He holds queens in high regard of course, but he's not the most talkative of dragons unless he's trying to intimidate a potential Candidate on Search." she laughed, "Which is actually pretty funny to see. The brave ones scratch him anyway." Rasenth turned to regard Dirce and inclined his head, not further speaking but agreeing without question by his actions. In inclining his head, the furflit riding between his horns was revealed, who made annoyed sounds at the interruption he hadn't been expecting.

The woman shook her head at the creature, giving a roll of her eyes before turning back to the queenrider, "Forgive me, I'm Syra and this is Rasenth. I'm not sure I introduced myself previously." She hardly expected the woman to know her, save as one of the people who had Searched Candidates for her dragon's clutch, but offering a name was polite regardless. "If you would like, I can go and fetch us some food as well? Assuming, of course, that you'd prefer to stay with your dragon to keep her company?"

.::Marks Tracking :: Characters, Recurring NPCs & Available Family Tracker :: Candidate Questionnaires::.
Italic speech from dragon or human is telepathic, unstyled text is heard by anyone nearby for my characters.

Ember

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:30 am

Dirce smiled and bowed her head in return in response to the blue's kindness, appreciating his words and willingness to do for her zultanite. Sandalphonth was eating delicately, though quickly, every so often peering over her should to ensure no one had managed to slid in behind her. She didn't wish to have someone sneak in under her watch, especially while she was eating, but so far she was pleased to sense that all was well.

"Good meet to you and Rasenth, bluerider Syra. I am Dirce, and this is Sandalphonth, though..." She chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck. "You know that of course, I'm sure." It was hard to escape notice in the Weyr, even as a Junior among the Queenriders, and she couldn't help but wonder if she would ever grow used to being known at least in name but a good portion of those that came through on a daily basis.

Shaking herself of her thoughts though, the offer of food was a tempting one and when she glanced at Sandalphonth, the zultanite glanced back at her. The single glance, and a few feelings passed between them, told her all she needed to know. "If you wouldn't mind, I think I should stay. She's still in an odd sort of mood, and I'd hate to leave her if something were to go wrong. I don't require much right now, but a little bit to eat and drink would be lovely, yes please."

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Saerle

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:53 am

Syra gave a short bow and a wink before she turned away and made for the Kitchens, of course she knew that. A good rider made a point to know the names of the ranking people of the Weyr and Dirce of course was even more known right now since it was her dragon's clutch they were all preparing for. "Of course, I'd be more than happy to. Give me just a moment and I'll be back." Rasenth hunkered down and coiled himself in a handsome way, making himself even less of a threat to the entrance of the Hatching Sands for the Zultanite who didn't want to leave her eggs just then. I will wait here, in case Sandalphonth has a specific request. Rasenth told his rider but spoke for all to hear. Syra nodded and kept going, trailing a hand over the dark blue hide as she went.

It didn't take her terribly long to reach the Dining Hall, it was nearby after all, and she took a moment to find what looked most appetizing on the offered foods table. That day, it seemed, fresh seafood was available and something she liked to call "Fisherman's Stew" was piping hot in it's massive pot, tended by some of the cooks. Syra took a large serving tray, request two big bowls of the soup-stew, added a loaf of sliced bread, juice, klah and sweet fruits to the tray and snagged utensils to eat with before nodding her thanks to those serving and heading back to the Hatching Sands entrance. Even if the fare was too much, Syra would likely take the leftovers for herself and eat them later. She was always ferociously hungry for whatever reason and on days when her migraines flared she frequently forgot or refrained from eating.

When she returned with her arms full of the tray, Rasenth turned to look at her. Realizing there was very little options for sitting besides the ground, he stretched out and curled his legs against himself, giving them his body to sit on and his side to lean against as a seat. The tray of course would be able to rest on him as well. Syra had done the very thing many times while out in the field and she couldn't help but chuckle at the blue. "I come bearing seafood stew, I hope fresh fish is to your liking." she told the other woman, going to set the tray where it would easily balance on the blue. "Please, help yourself to whatever you would like. Rasenth is offering to let us sit on him instead of the cold ground if you'd like a seat. The bowls are very hot, I'm sure the kettle of it was just put out before I came in."

Ember

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:46 am

Dirce perked up at mention of Fisherman's Stew.

Oh, did this woman have any idea...

No, she couldn't. They didn't know one another, and yet... She started to grin, and though the urge to do so was there, she kept herself from making grabbyhands at the food. "I'm not sure how you knew, but I've been craving some of that lately." She was pleased some of it had been on, and would be most appreciative to eat some. "Thank you. I was a fisher, first and foremost, and a sailor, secondly, before Impressing. This used to be a staple of my diet when I was crafted. Having it is like being back at Tillek on some days."

Back on the boats, back in the comfort of the bowels of the ships during turbulant storms... she sighed, knowing those days had not always been effortless or kind, but they brought a certain warmth to her chest, and fondness to her memory that only experience in the crafts could bring. "Will you join me, please? I could really use the company."
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Saerle

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Syra smiled, she didn't want to give away that she could feel the woman's pleasure and surprise at the stew. Instead of responding, though, she offered the woman a hand up onto Rasenth and then followed herself so that they could eat without needing to sit on the ground. Of course she'd join her... there were two bowls of for that very reason. But still, Syra didn't let on... "I dabbled in Healing herbs combined with cooking before I Impressed, but I didn't cook this... I just happened to think it looked like just the thing to eat today." the bluerider said, crossing her legs and leaning forward to spoon some of the piping hot seafood stew. The broth was so hot she had to wait a moment, breathing with her mouth open, until it was cool enough to truly taste and swallow. "Ooh, it's a really good batch today." Syra grinned, nodding toward the woman's bowl.

Rasenth turned to regard Sandalphonth. He didn't have feelings for the gold, not in the typical sense, but he did love young dragonets and he was loyal to his Weyr. Lovely Sandalphonth, I look forward to welcoming your children into the Weyr. I am sure your eggs are stunning and healthy as well. The quickening of the whirling in his eyes showed his excitement while the colors reflected his happiness. He had included the humans in his comment, of course, believing it would be rude not to when all of them were relaxing together.

Syra shook her head with amusement, "It's true you know. He's always sunning there near the Weyrling Barracks like he's guarding them and he never misses a check-up day for the young ones when we go and run through them all for any potential issues. I'm sure it would tickle him green if he were allowed poke his head in for a peek at the eggs -- he so rarely gets to see them until the shells are breaking." the bluerider chuckled and patted her dragon where she was sitting, making him turn his head to her for scratches on his eyeridges that she happily obliged by offering.

Ember

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Dirce nodded, thinking the woman had selected a really good meal for them to share. She was glad for it - it was warm on her belly, the fish had been cooked just right and was perfect in the dish. Whoever had made it had known what they were doing and hadn't just thrown whatever they thought would work together. "It was made by a really good cook then. It would make the ones back at Tillek's ports envious, I think."

At mention of her eggs, Sandalphonth briefly hesitated, but with her rider's gentle thoughts, the zultanite eased and she dipped her head in a draconic version of a nod. Yes, her eggs were healthy and beautiful, they were the best, weren't they? I'm glad you think they are the way they naturally are. The more that are there to welcome them, the better. They deserve nothing but the best; you'll be able to see for yourself come hatching day - they will be even more perfect as dragonets. She was sure of it at least, and felt her rider's pride in her as well as her own, side by side, as it should be.

She smiled at that, Dirce did, and nodded. "I'm sure he would, but Sandalphonth is rather antsy right now. She's not your typical zultanite. I'm not sure if its due to her personality, or being a first time mother, but I barely got her to agree to a touching. We'll see how that goes when the time comes. It would take me a lot to convince her to allow a peek at her eggs now." She reached for her dragon and Sandalphonth's head snapped up towards her. "Now probably isn't the time for it..." She chuckled as she stirred her spoon in her stew. "I think if she spends more time around Rasenth, that might change. She isn't likely to forget him - she has a strangely thick memory."
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image