Love Goes On and On - {Tag: Shiravani/Ember}

No longer part of the Lower Caverns due to various reasons, this large building is where all the children and many of the crecheworkers live. There is a central, fenced yard in the middle of the building's U shape where the children can play outside, as well as indoor play areas and sleeping spaces.
Slasher
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Is everything alright? L'ex stopped his slightly frantic searching, and leaned on the wall of the hallway. He looked in the direction Astropheth was, even if he couldn't see the dragon. Yes, just...Life has a way of messing with us sometimes. I might have a daughter... Astro had been in on L'ex's mind during the confrontation with T'rav, and had been trying to follow along with his bonded's thoughts, Isn't that a happy thing though? Humans often seem happy with such news... L'ex couldn't help but smile as he straightened, It's true, people generally are...But if it's true, then I missed..so much. He felt his dragon think about there for a minute as he continued walking. Where would Shiravani be at that moment? He knew she was a weaver, she worked in the lower caverns...If she had a daughter that young, she wouldn't take the toddler to work with her, she would leave her...in the creche? L'ex's steps turned that direction. If you missed so much, you just have to try to not miss anything else. His dragon wasn't wrong, but it also wasn't always that simple. It was still a nice thought though.

Rounding the corner of the building he had a feeling he was getting close. He could hear children at least. As he came around towards the door though, he froze. There she was. And there she was. Shiravani looked to have just come out the door to the creche, holding the hand of a small girl that had the slightest of darker skintones. Darker than her mother's at least. L'ex looked at Shiravani, met her eyes, saw the widening of them when she saw him standing there. His hands were loose, and his legs felt heavy as his gaze slid slowly down to rest on the child's face. He felt the tears push at his throat, and widened them to try and hold them back as the girl looked up too, met his gaze. He couldn't...Jerking his eyes back up, he just stared at Shiravani, the emotions warring within him writ upon his features like an open book. Joy was an odd flavor to feel at the same time as sorrow and anger.

Image x8
Last edited by Slasher on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:44 pm

Shiravani had finished her projects for the day, and had gone to the creche to gather up Rhaeryne. Normally she carried the tiny child, but not today - today she insisted on walking, and who could say no to a toddler babbling about "walking with her Mama" so proudly? She listened to her as they made their rather slow way away from the creche into the Yard, and it was as they did so that she felt eyes on her. It took only a moment after looking up to find, and realize, who it was that was watching and her heart sank to her stomach and twisted off escape immediately.

The look on his face told her that he knew, that it had n't been a mistake of running across her at the right time, right place, but that meant someone had told him. Only one or two people in the Weyr knew, and she could only think of... She grimaced and knew it had to have been her father, there was no other person who would have been protective enough to go after the father of her child, who in turn had gone after her, so it seemed.

She swallowed, and looked down when Rhaeryne tugged on her fingers. "Who that?" She pointed towards the man watching them and Shiravani felt frozen in place, not sure what to tell her daughter, not sure what to say. She was no prepared for this at all, and she certainly wasn't going to do this out in the middle of somewhere anyone could see, and hear, this conversation that was obviously going to happen. "Baby, let Mama carry you and we'll see if the lizards are awake at home." That made the little girl wiggle in place happily, and she held up her arms to be scooped up.

Then Shiravani walked towards L'ex, though each step felt like her feet and legs were being consumed by lead, and as she neared him, she said "Follow me. I don't want to do this out here." She would take him home, try to explain there, in the privacy of her apartment where maybe things could be spoken about in some measure of peace and Rhaeryne would be distracted by the blue boys.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher

Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:18 pm

When their eyes met, he knew that she knew that he knew about their daughter. And her reaction to seeing him there told him all the truth he needed to know. As she approached, he could barely keep his eyes off the little girl. It was such a twisted feeling to be enraged and full of joy at the same moment. When Shiravani spoke, he couldn't even bring words out of his mouth, he just followed quietly. Everytime he looked at the woman he loved, and then the child they had made, his heart ripped in two.

Was this why she had left? Because she found out she was pregnant? So what, did she think he wouldn't love her and the child? Did she think him an unfit father? That thought made him angry. She had met his sister, heard about their parents and the caravan. Did she think he wouldn't do everything he could to take care of his daughter, and her mother?

It wasn't a long walk to her rooms, but it was a tense one. He spent the time following silently, just leeching the sight of Rhaeryne, taking in everything he could about the girl. Every moment he was able to see her was precious, and he would treat it as such. But Shiravani...How could she do this to him? First she left at all, without a word even. And then now he finds out about this...

Image x8
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:34 pm

When they reached the apartment, she set down Rhaeryne long enough to unlock the door and in that time, the little girl toddled over to L'ex and held up her stuffy, showing it to him with a big grin on her face. She didn't know any better, or understand what was going on between the adults. All she knew was that he was a new person in her world and that meant he had the potential to be a friend. She held her stuffy up and showed it to him, then made an introduction, which made her mother jump and turn around, but so frozen in place was Shiravani that she didn't dare move forward to scoop up her girl. "Moo-Oink." She said, giving the firelizard a wiggle in his direction. "Goes mooo." She made a sound like a little calf, then a cute little oink like a piglet.

Shiravani for her part placed a hand on her heart and opened the door, hoping Rhaeryne would take the hint, but the girl would not move until her new friend reacted to the sight of Moo-Oink. She had to ensure the blue firelizard held in her chubby little hand was properly introduced and received with a smile after all.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:21 pm

As Shiravani opened the door, L'ex felt almost paralyzed. His mind was going in too many little circles, and he felt like he'd never escape them. Astro managed to help a little, the blue dragonet sensing his anguish and offering his rider a tidal wave of warmth and love. It managed to pull the man's mind a bit back, and he watched in slight open awe as the girl approached him. He knelt in front of her before she even got close, bringing him down to her level as he listened intently to her noises. He glanced at her stuffy, the fact that it was a blue making him grin a bit more.

As she introduced the toy to him, L'ex nodded, smiling warmly. Honestly, he didn't realize it, but the look of sheer joy on his features was almost raw, ”It's a pleasure to meet you, Moo-Oink.” He reached and politely shook the stuffed firelizard's 'paw' as if in greeting. It was obvious he had no problem playing along with her stuffed friend, ”My name is L'ex.” His name was given to the stuffed animal, though the difference in it would ring to Shiravani. And if one looked close, he was wearing proper clothes this time, he had weyrling knots on his shoulder. Once the girl seemed satisfied, and turned back towards her mother, he stood, straightening as his gaze drifted back up towards the weaver. He still didn't offer her any words, just waiting patiently for her to lead the way in.

ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:14 am

They were home, but there was no comfort about it. There was no way to feel settled when he was there, though it was something she had often imagined for them all. She hugged herself as the pair were introduced, and she heard the change of tone, and her heart ached both for what she had taken from him and what she was witnessing. Faranth, why did this have to hurt so much?

The moment the introductions were over with, and Moo-Oink was back in the safety of Rhaeryne's arms, she moved to touch the top of the girl's head and smiled down at her, though her voice was filled with something that only L'ex would likely pick up on. "Baby, why don't you go join the blue boys in Mama's room, and she'll make you and L'ex a snack?" The girl nodded excitedly and, telling L'ex how Mama made the best snacks, ran off for the bedroom, calling out for the lizards waiting there.

That left them alone, the adults, and it was for the best because they had to talk, whether Shiravani wanted to be by herself with him or not. She went to the small space that served as a small kitchen - even if all she had for a "stove" was a brazier of sorts - and pulled out some fruit and put on some water for klah. "I'm... I'm sure you would like to know... about her..."
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Slasher

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:42 pm

He watched the girl, his gaze almost hungry. She was his...and he had missed so much. And he didn't...He had to shake his head a little as they walked in, and the girl went running for the bedroom. He stood a bit in the middle of the room, watching Shiravani as she put some water on and pulled some fruit out. When she turned to him, he could see this wasn't easy for her. And yet...He wasn't sure if he cared. No, he did. He didn't want her to suffer, but he was hurt. Hurt by how she left. Hurt with the realization he had a child. Hurt that she had kept Rhaeryne a secret.

L'ex didn't know what to say to the woman. Oh yes, yes, he wanted to know about her. But what did he ask? He could about guess when she was born, though he of course wanted to know exactly when, but...L'ex shifted, glancing away from her a moment. There was so much he wanted to know, to say, to ask, but one thing weighed the heaviest.

”Did you think I wouldn't want to be a father? Or that I wouldn't be a good one?” The pain in his voice gave it an edge. Did she think he wouldn't do the right thing? Why keep the girl a secret, unless Shiravani hated him so much that she didn't want to tell him? He was full of questions and emotions, and he could just barely cling to his thoughts to keep them straight and try and talk to her.
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:39 am

She wasn't able to look at him once he started speaking, for whatever reason there was. Turning away, she tried to busy herself with whatever there might be, whether it was cleaning up toys, or shuffling around books that should have been put back on the shelves nearby. She had invited this though, she tried to remind herself, and yet she couldn't face the one thing she knew she had to, and she was berating herself even as she tried to keep herself from wandering too far away, just as she had all those Turns ago.

"It isn't that, Lee..." She stopped, knowing she had no right to call him anything pet like in nature, and rolled her tongue back in her mouth. She gripped the back of the chair she stood behind and looked down on the seat, then slowly turned to look at him once again. "I never told you what brought me to the North in the first place, did I? Why I even ran across you and your family when I did?" She didn't think she had, she'd been so private about it all then, in such a terrible place at that point... He'd been the first thing since the South had happened... to make her feel human again.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Slasher

Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:42 pm

He didn't know what to say exactly when she asked him if she ever told him why she was in the North. And to be honest, she hadn't. He had asked, she had merely said she didn't want to talk about it, and when he saw the pain in her eyes when she said that, the man hadn't pressed. Obviously she had some hurt from her past before she fell into his arms, and he had always just tried to make her happy. He thought she was happy. A uick shake of his head dislodged those thoughts. Now was not the time to lament what had happened. Now was the time to talk, to hear her side of it.

So he walked a few steps closer as she turned towards him, listening, ”No, you didn't...I never pried, it was obviously painful for you.” He could still hear Rhaeryne playing, and his eyes glanced that direction briefly before returning his focus to Sharavani. One big question he wanted to ask was if she knew she was pregnant when she left him or not. But that would have to wait for a later part of the conversation, he felt.
ImageImageImageImage