The Beginnings of Something Precious - Ember | K'rios

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Season - Early Autumn 2050 (several days after Turns End)
Time - Late Evening
Location - Solai's Quarters

@Ember | K'rios

After seeing her family grow before her eyes during her youth, Solai had come to know the telling signs of pregnancy, and know them well. Therefore, when she caught the tells displayed within her own form, Solai began to pay close attention so she might either confirm or deny that which her body told her. She supposed she should not have been too surprised, she thought one day as she looked at her conformation in the mirror. After all, as soon as she felt alive once again, and her belly wound no longer hurt nearly as much, Solai decorated K'rios's face with kisses and begged him to be gentle with her.

"I promise, I wouldn't ask if I thought you would hurt me," she assured him.

The most natural moment that could happen between man and woman followed, and was not a single occurrence. Even if Solai had to go easy on herself, she did still enjoy the dances shared with K'rios. While the experiences were not without their moments of discomfort, Solai could honestly say that what minimal pain she did endure mattered little when the triumphs of ecstasy washed over them both.

And now she was pregnant.

When she realised her condition, she realised she needed to begin by informing K'rios. Already, in her mind, she had formulated exactly how she was going to tell him. With her recovery coming to an end, Solai would have taken to the skies to rejoin her Wing, something both she and K'rios anticipated. Instead, Solai would have to let the man down gently, and explain that the reason for such disappointment was due to something miraculous and wonderful. She doubted her love would protest.

That night, Solai waited for K'rios to arrive in her quarters as he so often did. She always heated the water for him so she could wash him down after his long day in the skies and in the barracks. Tease as he might of the dragon stench and soot that clung to him, Solai always assured him she never minded. The towel laid on the ground with a fresh one folded to the side, she set down a bucket of water mixed with scented soap sand. She also had his favourite drink ready, and a small plate of food. After being grounded for so long, and kept away from strenuous activities, it felt good to Solai to be able to do all the little things that made K'rios happy. Once everything was laid out, she slipped to her couch and opened a book to read, waiting for K'rios to come into the apartment.

By now he had the keys, for she made sure he knew to always make himself right at home.

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:11 am

The day was winding down and coming to an end, and as always, K'rios was making his way to his favorite place within the Weyr, that of Solai's apartment. The thought of being able to go there after duties had been completed and there was no longer a pressing need to take him away from going to her made him smile, and put an extra pinch of speed into his step, though Iktomith always insisted he could take the easier way up to the dragonrider apartments rather than walk there. He could have, yes, but it was something born out of habit that he didn't think he could ever be released from, and so he'd always made the rather long way through the Yard towards where the dragonriders kept themselves quartered at the end of (most) days.

When he had finally made his way to the door he sought, he felt he was even more filthy than usual for some reason, but just in as good of spirit, a ready smile on his face as he unlocked the door and allowed himself inside. "Love, I'm home." He called out, making sure the door was secured behind him before stepping inside and leaning over the back of the couch. He pressed a kiss to her temple and looked at her book, picking up a little of what was in the pages before smiling down at her. "How do you handle this stench, I can't believe you allow me as close as I am right now!" And he laughed before kissing her and standing to start peeling off his clothes for his bath.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:51 pm

At the sound of the door opening and his call from the threshold, Solai could not help but smile. Yet she did not put down her book immediately. Instead, eyes fluttered quickly across the page, hoping to finish what she read before K'rios came to her.

Nuzzled against her were her two ruby fancy flits. Scarletto lifted his heads to the pewterrider as he approached, hoping for a good scratch. Claudius, however, did not even budge, for he was far to comfortable to pay the man any heed. Solai, however, smiled when the man came straight for her to press a kiss to her temple.

"How do you handle this stench, I can't believe you allow me as close as I am right now!"

A chuckle escaped her before she tilted her head up to kiss her lover properly. When he pulled back, Solai could not help but smile in response to him, "Easily." The greenrider actually found something oddly appealing about his stench, that telling fermentation of his musk and efforts throughout the day mingling with the sharp scents of firestone and soot. Perhaps most people could do without the latter, but even in her condition, Solai did not mind it. Were it not for the soot, she likely would have even kissed more than just his lips.

The smell of anything pickled, however, did cause her to feel noticeably nauseous. The sudden disappearance of her jars of preserved eggs and vegetables was certainly a telling sign. Her excuse at the time was that she feared she would not be able to finish them in time before they spoiled... which was silly, for pickled foods did not turn so quickly. Yet just the sight of them in her cupboards sent her stomach spinning. Therefore, she gave them all to Amuderudalya.

Solai as she set her book aside and stood to her feet. With his shirt removed, she could not stop herself from coming up behind K'rios to wrap her arms around him. Even if he had that telling stickiness, she did not mind. Just holding him brought her to a state of ease that she hoped he felt as well. Once he fully undressed, she would guide him to the spot in the living room she had set up for him. A gentle hand would beckon him to kneel onto the ground in front of the pail of foaming warm waters, and beside him she would lower to her own knees.

"How was your day?" she asked as she reached into the pail, and pulled out a thick sponge. The greenrider ran sopping porous ball over his shoulder and down his arm, washing away the sweat of the day.