From a Friend (Southern Seahold Gather) - Parker | Locke

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:03 pm

@Parker | Locke
Trigger Warning for Mentions of Self Harm and Suicidal Ideation

Of the family that had formed among the abolitionists, Amuderudalya knew Locke the least... and yet she worried so much for him. Every time she drew hear to him, she felt the disturbance within him, the ache, the perpetual sense of bloodlust. The man was unstable and dangerous, a fact the woman could not deny, and yet she worried for him nonetheless, because he was part of their family now whether he wanted to be or not. Her father saw to that before his own death earlier that turn, D'ran loved him as a brother up until his death soon after Mul'rec's, and Theria brought him to her intimately until her own death shortly followed. So much loss broke Amuderudalya, leading to scars both emotional and physical, though the baker felt at times the wounds upon her heart were far more difficult to hide than the ones she had drawn upon her own flesh.

Yet with time, the baker slowly recovered, at least as best as she could. She began to finds days passed between tears shed, hours recovered after weeks of unrest. Her pace of life slowly began to return to her, as did it return to the abolitionist movement. Word was slower going now, but that did not stop the tenacious bunch from catching what tidbits they could by other means. Most news that reached them now a day normally led to dead ends, especially in regards to the rebellion they so desperately wanted to help. However, this time something stuck. A new plan had been set in motion, one that would keep the cause safely out of harms way while focusing on the emancipation of a new batch of young slaves. It might not solve the bigger issue, but it would help several lives that might help more in turn when they were in a place to fight. After the loss of the children in the Derisen Ring with the injury of Solai, the deaths of D'ran and Aniday, and the attack of Walled that took out Evora, Theria, D'met, and two of their key Walled sources, Inez needed to do right by those she had failed. Directly, she might not ever be able to recover them, but others like them... she would.

Yet they still heard little from Locke, even when they needed him now more than ever before. Amuderudalya wanted to approach him herself, but it was difficult at times. She felt how disturbed he was by nature, but sensed the agony on his heart when she drew close enough, but she never could find the right time to talk to him, both about the new mission in the works, and the concern she had for him. Though she hoped to gain some information from I'ent, she felt the caution from the greenrider, and did not want to push any more in a way that might distress the greenrider. Thus Amuderudalya continued to wait, biding her time until the moment presented itself when she might confront the wraithrider.

At the gather, dressed in her white lace dress with a shawl wrapped about her shoulders, Amuderudalya wandered the stalls in search of something that might appeal to her. Croquembouche always kept nearby (had she not, Amuderudalya doubted Inez would have let her sister out of her sight). Through the baker stalls, the competition locations, and finally, the dance floor and lounge, Dalya wandered, until she spotted a very familiar face in the lounge.

Locke.

She glanced around at first, but she knew she had to, if only to make sure she did not sense those notes of suspicion in the lounge, and then she neared the man. "Locke?" she called his name so gently, fearful the very utterance of it might cause him to disappear before her. Once she neared, however, she could not help but reach out to hug him, if only to assure herself he was safe. After a gentle embrace, she pulled back, giving him his space as she pulled her shawl tighter about herself. "I'm sorry. I've just been so worried about you." She knew she was not as close to the man as Theria had been, yet after everything that happened, after all the loss, having him so close once again did give the woman a sense of assurance that he was safe... even if she could already tell he was not entirely well.
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:18 pm

Locke wasn't entirely sure why he had come here this evening. He really wasn't in the mood for dancing. There was nothing he needed or wanted to buy from the merchants. Plus, he wasn't in the mood to have to mingle with some of the others there. Still, he had come at I'ent's behest so he could make an attempt to have some fun. He'd even dressed up for the greenrider in a plain, but elegant black, form-fitted shirt. His curly hair was slicked back, though a few curls continued to escape the place he tried to keep them. Locke had walked around with I'ent once they got to the Gather. He watched some of the competitions and got himself some food and drink to have. After a bit, he told I'ent that he needed to get out of the crowd for a moment and headed toward the lounge.

It wasn't so crowded when he got into it and found a place to relax. Locke had a nice glass of red to sip on and a good smoke to relax with. At first, it was mainly just him there and a couple of others. It wasn't long, though, before more people started coming into the lounge. Locke was able to ignore them at first, but it wasn't long before some of the people began to be rather annoying. They were drunk...very drunk...which didn't help things. They couldn't be older than in their mid-twenties either...so in Locke's mind, they were children. He tried very hard to ignore them at first, but after awhile it was about impossible too with how loud they were.

They were arrogantly making jokes about one of the new weyrlings in their barracks and how pathetic they were. To Locke, they were making fun of someone that was downtrodden...that did not at all sit well with him. The Reaper couldn't stand people who made fun of others that couldn't stand up for themselves. The more he overheard the things they were saying the more his want for blood rose to the surface with the anger he felt. Already he was imagining the things he could do to make people like them pay for their ways. He didn't dare speak such things out loud, but the look on his face spoke clearly the things he was feeling.

"Locke?"

The sound of his name cut into his vicious thoughts as he looked over to see who had spoken them. It was Dalya...not at all someone he would have guessed would have called to him. A curious look crossed his face as she got closer to him and reached out to wrap a hug around him. A shadow of the evil thoughts he'd been thinking of was still sort of there, but now he was more confused as to why she was getting a hold of him in the first place.

"I'm sorry. I've just been so worried about you."

Locke returned the hug a bit awkwardly but did his best to not seem too caught off guard. "Oh...um...thanks. I've been alright," That was more of a lie than not. "How have you been?"

ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Shaihulud

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:43 pm

Immediately, Amuderudalya felt his awkwardness, that sense of uncertainty and distrust, which was enough for her to step back from him and release him almost immediately. Surprised by her sudden change in demeanour of relief to discomfort, Croquembouche stood onto her hind legs, if only to reach up and paw at the baker's waist while nosing her hip.

Still, Locke attempted to be nice, brushing over the darkness that always clouded his heart. "Oh...um...thanks. I've been alright. How have you been?"

"Better," she answered honestly. The bandages were finally off of her arms, though she still covered them with decorative bands. Worried about running into Ao'mek, she felt the need to cover herself, hiding her true self from the bluerider.

But he never did show, which left her feeling partially awful. But Amuderudalya knew she could not linger on him. Life needed to continue, and there was much that needed to be done.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable," she began quietly, her voice meant for him alone. "I just... we've been worried about you, especially after everything that happened in Walled." She wanted to reach out and take his hand, to squeeze his fingers and help him to ground himself rather than let his mind wander to those darker thoughts. Yet she refrained, for she knew better than to press herself upon the wraithrider.

Parker

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:12 pm

"Better,"

He managed to give her a more comfortable smile and nodded his head. "Good, I'm glad to hear that," Locke meant that for as much as he could. He was trying rather hard to not get too attached to the rest of Mul'rec's family. He'd already lost a few of them and he didn't want to get close to more just to lose them as well. Granted, he knew that they saw him as some sort of part of their family. There was a part of him that was appreciative, but on the other hand he knew it was asking for more heartache. His eyes did notice the bands she wore on her wrists, but he didn't judge.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable," she began quietly, her voice meant for him alone. "I just... we've been worried about you, especially after everything that happened in Walled."

Locke's attention had been captured by the young men that had been getting on his nerves. They were still up to their antics and that was just pissing him off even further. His eyes narrowed as he looked over at them. Bloody ideas began swirling in his mind for how he'd like to stop these annoying shit heads from speaking so much. When he realized how his fists were clenched and how hard he was staring at them he decided it was best to leave them alone for now.

"Oh no...you're fine. Just not used to being hugged." He answered her as he gestured for them to leave the lounge so he could get away from the one assholes. The mention of what happened at Walled made the dark shadow fall a bit more. "I've been alright...really. How are you?"

ImageImageImageImage

Shaihulud

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:37 pm

She felt it, the undercurrent of darkness, the dangerous cravings that nearly twisted her own stomach with distress. However, Amuderudalya had long ago learned how to read others and to control her own responses, if only to prevent herself from causing others any sort of distress. Even if being in Locke's company scared her at times, it was more for the menacing shadows cast within his heart and soul, than any genuine fear he would ever do something to hurt her.

"Oh no...you're fine. Just not used to being hugged." And yet his eyes had drifted with a sharpness to them, one that Amuderudalya managed to take note of the irritation he sensed... the way it caused his heart to steady like a predator that stalked its prey. Rather than lash out, however, he gestured for them to leave.

Amuderudalya was more than willing to accept him on his offer, if only to help him escape that which prickled him so dangerously.

"I've been alright...really. How are you?"

"You asked me that already," Amuderudalya noted sadly, and with a touch of concern. They both knew what he told her was a lie, but they also realised she could read him with a preternatural accuracy that surpassed the ability of most. "Are you still hungry, Locke?" she asked of him. The worry in her voice indicated it was not for food that she spoke of.

Parker

Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:57 am

It was a little bit easier to breathe once they were outside of the lounge. Locke's hunger to wet his dagger was a hard feeling to get rid of, but it was even harder whenever the demons' voices whispering in his ear. It was beginning to be an annoying normal situation for him to have to deal with. However, that wasn't to say that he was dealing with it as well as he would like. While he wasn't immediately afraid of them anymore, now he was more likely to react to them with irritation...or like his own personal cheer squad when he did give in to his darker side. He was distracted from Dalya for a moment, but at least he kept his face straight and didn't accidentally say something to these creatures only he could see.

"You asked me that already. Are you still hungry, Locke?"

An abashed look crossed his face at the gentle reminder that he had already asked that. There was a veil of uncertainty that shrouded him when caught off guard by someone he knew well enough. Like how Dalya did to him when she greeted him. However, he had a completely opposite side that he could switch to within a few seconds that proved why he deserved the name 'Reaper'. That side of himself he tried to keep hidden from those he knew with the exception of I'ent. Locke felt he owed the greenrider as much of the truth that he could give, though, there were things of his own thoughts that he did not wish to scare I'ent with.

Locke didn't have to wonder about what sort of hunger she meant. A spare look was given back to the lounge where he could still hear the cacophony of the far too drunk and rude men inside. A flicker of that hunger darkened his thoughts for a moment before turning back to Dalya. "Hungry? Famished more like...bordering on starving. I've been on a bit of a break and I do believe the waiting is getting to me more now." There was no reason for him to lie to her, so always seemed to know anyways. His hands clenched in and out a few times. "We...don't have to talk about such things though. I might be hungry, but I'm still in control."

ImageImageImageImage