Alive, Aware, in Awe [ 76th Clutch Touching ]

A large natural cavern found by the initial expedition. It has been cleared out and filled with sand. Naturally flowing hotspring pools inside the cavern keeps this cavern warm enough for dragon eggs, but also makes it very humid with all the steam from the hotspring waters.
Ainokesshou

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:35 pm

Ash considered the dragonet's curiosity, and tried to hold an image in their head of the markings on the egg, showing the one long one that looked sort of like a crack. "From a distance, it could look like your egg was cracking early," they agreed, looking a little closer. "But from here I can tell that the egg is still in one piece. It's just a pattern on your shell."

It didn't seem to Ash like a good idea to worry a dragonet before it even hatched, but then, Ash hadn't realized it was possible. So probably the previous candidate hadn't realized either. "I don't think you have anything to worry about," they said. "Your mother is obviously taking good care of you, you'll hatch when you're supposed to."

They stepped away, looking for an egg no one else was toughing at the moment. The Sunset Egg had more color than many of the others, and caught Ashton's eye. Ash walked over, and put their hand flat on the shell, trying to see the edges where colors faded into each other. "Those colors make you look so warm," Ash said, though of course all the eggs on the sands must be warm all the time. "I hope you're comfortable in there while you wait to hatch."

Early Crack Egg
Stripes Egg
Leopard Egg
Brassy Egg
Large Lizard Egg
Sunset Egg
Whirlpool Egg
Black Hole Egg
Coming Together Egg
Simplistic Egg
Petals Egg
Tiger Egg
Pebbles Egg

The time the dragonet in the Brassy egg put into its response made Arden take it quite seriously. She frowned a little, understanding how someone could want to keep something that important in one piece, but she really didn't think it was possible. "I suppose it would be impressive if you could do that," she said, and tried not to think about how impossible it was. "Would it be almost as good, if someone could remember the shell really well for you," she wondered aloud, and studied the egg carefully, from multiple angles. She was rather fond of this egg anyway, it was no hardship to study it, though she doubted the dragonet would remember this interaction when it hatched.

She stepped away then, looking at the other eggs. The Coming Together eggs had markings with a greenish tint, though it might be somewhere between green and zultanite in color. It didn't matter much, she knew that supposedly the only color of dragon with a uniquely colored egg was the golds, but sizes sometimes indicated the color of the dragon inside. (Though twins occasionally happened throwing off those predictions.)

She did wonder what caused the varied markings on the eggs, if it wasn't the color of the dragonet inside. She had obviously never seen a recently laid clutch, and had to wonder if the marking were already there when they were laid. Were they influenced by their mother's diet, or by the environment on the sands?

She supposed it didn't matter as long as it didn't affect the health of the hatchling. Up close she could see the markings forming a sort of double spiral. "I hope you aren't bothered by having a lot of people intrude on you," she said, "I mean, did anyone bother letting you know to expect us?"

Early Crack Egg
Stripes Egg
Leopard Egg
Brassy Egg
Large Lizard Egg
Sunset Egg
Whirlpool Egg
Black Hole Egg
Coming Together Egg
Simplistic Egg
Petals Egg
Tiger Egg
Pebbles Egg

Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Isilsk

Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:57 am

Prasanti - Petals Egg
  • You aren’t surprised to get a response. What does surprise you is the fact that the mind’s presence doesn’t seem all that interested in “talking” or sharing at the moment. It has been visited so many times today and it has grown tired, it would like very much to go to sleep now if you don’t mind. But it appreciates you time and suggests you visit with other siblings while you can.

[ ooc: Petals Egg is no longer available to touch. ]

Tasryrg - Whirlpool Egg
  • The dragonet’s mind inside isn’t entirely on what you’ve said at first. When it responds, at last, it seems to shower you with a sense of pride. You are learning! That is good. But you have more to learn about other than how to best treat eggs. What else is there for you to figure out in this life when shell-barriers will only stay this way for so long? “Never thought you were going to get so many lessons pelted at you at once, did you?” it questions in feeling, and you know you’re going to be tired after all of this.

Adrune - Tiger Egg
  • You get the sensation that whatever is about to come from the mind inside, you may not appreciate it. Sure enough, as it approaches you, a little at a time, the feeling boils over until you’re swimming in those feelings and have no way of getting your “feet” on dry land. “It would help you immensely if you stopped lingering in the past. Let go of what you’ve been told, what they say, and live your life. If you don’t, where will it lead you?” And then the mind is gone, and you’re left with the knowing that it is done with you.

Gavael - Leopard Egg
  • The dragonet’s mind visits with you so briefly at first that you aren’t even sure if you have been touched by it. But then it returns to you and there! You’re certain you’re feeling it swimming around your thoughts but you’re not sure if you should smile or be upset about it. “Oh, don’t be upset. I’m only trying to decide how to respond.” As with the others, the “words” aren’t words, but feelings that somehow make you think of words, and it all comes together in a neat little package. “I’m glad you find my shell pleasing - I hope you’ll find me pleasing as well!”

Keles - Leopard Egg
  • You can tell immediately that the dragonet inside has been enjoying the interactions, but the problem it is facing now is that it is so tired. There have been many to visit the shell, one right after another in some cases, and as with a few others on the sands, they are all growing so sleepy. “But there is still time. Mother will let everyone know when things are through.” It fills your mind with gentle feelings, hoping it has not offended. “I think I need sleep now though, perhaps I’ll see you on hatching day!”

[ ooc: Leopard Egg is no longer available to touch. ]

Raymir - Stripes Egg
  • You would swear later that the presence inside of the egg tried to get to you before you even touched it. At least that was the sensation your received as you neared it. You could sense excitement when you finally pressed your hands against the surface, and you realize the egg was waiting for another visitor. “It took too long for someone else to come by.” It would have sighed if it could, at least you think it would have. “At least you came here. Good luck to you as well, though you don’t need to leave yet, do you?”

Kulbit - Black Hole Egg
  • There’s no question at all that the presence in the egg is listening to what you have to say. When you’re finished with your little story, it feels as though it has questions but is a little frustrated that it can’t articular in feelings what it would like, so instead, does its best to give the distinct impression of flight. “One day,” it sends in feelings and as clear of pictures as it can, “you will fly with a dragon of your own, and then you will be able to pretend again that you are a dragon by closing your eyes.”

Ash - Sunset Egg
  • Throughout the touching event, this egg in particular has felt as if the dragonet inside were pressing against itself and trying to decide how it wanted to feel. Now, as you touch it, there are no doubts about how it is wanting to feel - it is uncertain if it should be as strong as it is right now or not, but it has no true fears about sliding forward as it has. “You make pretty things it would seem… is the shell as pretty as your creations?” It can’t help but feel-think in your direction.

Arden - Coming Together Egg
  • ”Mother did.” There is a soft, loving, sensation that befalls you as you touch the egg and speak to it. Yes, they were all warned by mother, and they know mother is starting to get anxious again. All of the candidates are on the sands, all of the eggs have been touched, and she knows all of these things. “I don’t think she would have allowed it if she hadn’t been warned, and she wouldn’t have allowed it if she couldn’t warn us. Thank you for the visit, I hope we all get to meet you on hatching day.” And then the mind withdraws, but not before sending you off with gentle thoughts and good luck; before you can leave, you get the distinct impression of something that has fallen asleep.

[ ooc: Coming Together Egg is no longer available to touch. ]
Saerle
Title: Laureate
Pronouns: She/Her

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:17 am

The tragedy of life is not found in failure but complacency.
Not in you doing too much, but doing too little.

With some warm, restful thoughts and some wishes of good sleep to the dragonet in the Leopard egg, Keles smiled and drifted away from it. She didn't want to overstay her welcome and it was clear the dragonet had had a long day of enjoying visitors. Nearby was the Stripes Egg and she gently placed a hand on it as she sent greetings to the dragonet.

"Hello... My name is Keles. I was visiting with your siblings and they were very tired. May I visit with you today? she asked it, wondering if it would want to rest as well. As the Touching wore on, Keles found herself blocking out the uncomfortable heat, the other Candidates and their voices... focusing on Sandalphonth and the eggs she was Touching instead. She tried to keep her mind uncluttered, taking deep meditative breaths so that her myriad of thoughts didn't overwhelm her unhatched companions. The Trader woman was the relaxed type anyway, even with her work ethic, so it didn't take much to calm her mind.

Not in you living above your means, but below your capacity.
It's not failure but aiming too low, that is life's greatest tragedy.

NOTES:
Touched Eggs:
strikes indicate eggs no longer available for Touching.
Sunset Egg, Black Hole Egg, Large Lizard Egg, Leopard Egg, Petals Egg, Coming Together Egg, Stripes Egg

Remaining Eggs:
Early Crack Egg, Brassy Egg, Whirlpool Egg, Simplistic Egg, Tiger Egg, Pebbles Egg

.::Marks Tracking :: Character Tracker & Recurring NPCs :: Halloween Candy Tracker::.
Italic speech from dragon or human is telepathic, unstyled text is heard by anyone nearby for my characters.
Image Image Image Image
#406E81 ----- #BF4444 ----- #997B4C ----------------------
Thessur
Pronouns: They/Them

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:27 am

Kulbit was surprised and deeply touched by the response from the Black Hole egg. They understood enough of the feelings and impressions sent by the baby that they had to blink a little to keep away tears. When they composed themself, they moved on after thinking deep gratitude to the little one in the shell and a hope the baby inside would find the very nicest and best partner when they hatched.

This whole visit with the eggs had been so much more than Kulbit had expected or hoped for. Was their partner among this clutch, or would they be left standing? As hard as it would be to be left on the sands, if they got to visit with another clutch like this, that would be something they could look forward to.

Looking around at the clutch, Kulbit found themself heading in the direction of the Brassy Egg. What sort of encounter would they have with this baby? Only one way to find out. They reached out to touch the shell gently. They spoke a soft greeting along with their name to this egg as they had the others they visited, but after that, they stopped speaking. This time they focused on emotions and memories they thought might be interesting to the little one in the shell. They thought about the changes they hoped to be part of making in the world, about the games they had played with others in the creche pretending to be dragonriders and having adventures while protecting Pern, and they thought about the sky and how big and full of possibilities the world had seemed when they were taken up for quick flights by their mother.

"I've got a lot to think about before you all hatch. I hope we've given you nice things to think about too." They said and tried to think in emotions to the Brassy Egg.
Eggs Touched: Coming Together egg, Large Lizard egg, Tiger egg, Black Hole egg, Brassy egg

Image x5
Eternal

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:53 am

Responding to: Petals Egg | Touching: Sunset Egg

Prasanti was saddened when the dragonet's mind seemed so tired, "I am so sorry, I did not mean to keep you awake. I'll let you sleep, I will be watching you when you decide to hatch." She was disappointed that she didn't get to spend that much time with Petals but their interaction was pleasant and that's all she could hope for. Removing herself from Petals general area, she looked around to see which egg caught her attention next. It wasn't that long that she lingered before she saw an opening with another egg. Asa moved confidently to the Sunset egg and reached out to place her hand on the shell.

It was a pretty mixture of gradient hues and stripes, the colors reminding her of the twilight hours here at Atricis. She wasn't one that usually got caught up in the beauty of her surroundings but there were a few times she had been awestruck by it. This was another time when she looked over the egg - hopefully the dragonet inside would be welcoming of her presence. After standing there with her hand on the egg for a minute or so, Prasanti finally reached out to them - "Hello there little one, my name is Prasanti. I hope you do not mind another visitor."

Touched:
Petals Egg

Image Image Image Image
Aihinoeth ~ Kaurrunoth ~ Circeth ~ Weyrfolk
Art Shop. Marks Tracker. Character Tracker
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:46 am

Approaches the "Black Hole Egg"
The Stripes Egg was eager for attention, he could tell. Had the egg gone a bit more unnoticed than others, he wondered. He got a sense that this one had wanted more attention, wanted someone to come by and give it some time. So Raymir lingered with the egg, studying the way the egg was mottled in the large stripes but also fainter, feathery mottles of a different color. He could understand that feeling, wanting more, more attention, more love, more everything.

"You'll get plenty when you hatch, yours will love you forever," he assured the little one quietly, but after a moment, decided he needed to move on. His hands went back into his pockets, glancing around at the eggs and other candidates. Suddenly he felt awkward, though no one paid him any mind or seemed to notice the things he said to the eggs. Everyone said things, responding to what they thought the little lives inside were feeling as well. He was never quite sure himself if what he was feeling in the eggs was real, or just his own wishful thinking. Then again, it seemed so many were eager to feel similar things, so perhaps he wasn't making it up.

He got a sense though that some eggs were done with this event, looking at a few, and deciding to leave them be after the previous candidate left the egg. Perhaps the event would be drawing to a close, he thought, glancing over at the apprehensive mother. He still didn't agree with her choices on how to handle this, keeping some people out, but he wasn't going to overstay his welcome, so he went for an egg that had interested him before, but had been a little afraid to seem too eager for. After the young Kulbit had their time with the egg, Raymir glanced around, then took his turn.

He didn't say anything at first this time, brushing his fingers along that dark mottling of color that almost look like there was already a hole in this egg. It felt no different than the rest of the shell, so it must have just been very dark, and a little unique he thought. Where the Simplistic egg for him was different because of it's simplicity, this one he thought was different for the dark swirl across the surface.

Then he pressed his palm to the shell to feel the warmth that softly emanated from the shell, telling him of the life beneath it.

"I wonder if you'll be a big brown like my father's dragon. I wish I could feel worthy for you, between us I'm a little surprised I've made it through candidacy this long. Maybe I can behave a little while longer to meet you on the sands and see who you choose." He gave the shell a gentle pat.

Image x6
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Image ~..:: Dragonfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Wherfolk & Dayfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Pearlfolk & Weyrfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Site Avatar art by Naomi Lord
Slasher

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Tag: Tiger Egg

Up to that point, Taz hadn't really considered things like that. Now that the egg had made a very valid point, he realized it was right. The young man looked around the Sands, his eyes wandering from person to person. Was everyone having such a mind-altering day as him, he had to wonder? Or was he the only one to be standing there on the hot sands, talking to an egg(though more accurately the dragonet inside), and realizing that they hadn't been giving the dragons enough credit? He wanted to apologize, to each and every dragon he had ever encountered. Since that wasn't really feasible however, he resolved to just be better. Looking back down at the shell, he smiled a bit wryly at it, ”Thank you.”

Stepping away, he glanced around the eggs. Several were without a Candidate near them, but there were some whisperings in the crowd of candidate's that some of the eggs were getting tired, even fallen asleep already. Petals, Leopard, Coming Together...A couple of those Taz had not made it to yet, and he was a bit sad he hadn't been able to say hello. But he would see them on Hatching Day. And there were still several eggs that he could say hello to before they all got too tired.

Walking up to the Tiger Egg, he let his fingers caress across the curved shell, ”Hello there. You're not feeling too tired yet, are you? I'd hate to keep you up.” Honestly, Tasryrg could relate a bit. He had the feeling he might need a nap during his free time today, he was feeling a little ragged himself. Which was odd, he felt totally fine before the Touching, but apparently talking to the dragonets was tiring for the young man. Was that normal? He couldn't quite remember if the Candidatemaster had said anything about such a thing.
Early Crack Egg
Stripes Egg
Leopard Egg(unavailable)
Brassy Egg
Large Lizard Egg
Sunset Egg
Whirlpool Egg
Black Hole Egg
Coming Together Egg(unavailable)
Simplistic Egg
Petals Egg(unavailable)
Tiger Egg
Pebbles Egg

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Lanni

Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:10 pm

-× Dragon Candidate Jaistan ×-
Mentions Simplistic Egg, Touching Sunset Egg

If Jaistan had taken a moment to think about how different his life had become, he might have felt a bit awkward standing next to an unhatched dragon waiting for some sort of reply. All around him Jay could pick out the moving figures of his fellow candidates and he wondered if they felt the same as he.

Then it happened. An odd brush of something else against his thoughts. At first he thought it was Tessi waking from her nap but the questioning push had Jaistan pausing. "Hope? Me?" He whispered trying to make sense of what was coming from the Simplistic Egg. With a small happy cry Jay realized what the babe was asking.

"What do I hope for? Well… that's a good question… I guess I'm still figuring that out…" Jace felt a bit of disappointment in himself. Not for the dragonet of course but for his own unhelpful reply. "I guess I need to have a good long talk with myself when I have time. Thank you, little one for giving me something to ponder," Jace added quickly as he noticed he was monopolizing the dragon's time. With a final stroke to its shell, Jace said goodbye to the little one before drifting over to another egg.

Standing next to the Sunset Egg, Jaistan paused again to pick out his second greeting. With a deep breath to center himself, Jace spoke softly, "Hello little Sunset. I hope you are well inside your shell. I'm Jaistan and I'm glad to meet you."

Jaistan’s Eggs: Sunset Egg
Simplistic Egg
Image x3
Ainokesshou

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:11 am

Ash blushed, surprised that the egg had gotten that much information from them, though it shoud have been obvious that the information went both ways. "I like to think I make pretty things," they acknowledged, "but I don't think there is any comparison. Living things are always prettier than anything I can make." Ash thought about the lovely opal who had Searched them, and the other dragons they had seen since.

Ash moved to the Whirlpool Egg next. Their interactions with the previous two eggs had been rather pleasant, and Ashton cheerfully considered the third egg, not thinking much this time about how the egg looked. Really, the dragon inside was so much more interesting, especially now that Ash had a strong sense that the life was already there. "I know this shell is keeping you safe now," Ash murmured, "but it will be really exciting to see you when you don't need it anymore. I'm sure one of the Candidates will do just as good a job of keeping you safe."

Early Crack Egg
Stripes Egg
Leopard Egg
Brassy Egg
Large Lizard Egg
Sunset Egg
Whirlpool Egg
Black Hole Egg
Coming Together Egg
Simplistic Egg
Petals Egg
Tiger Egg
Pebbles Egg

"I am glad you were warned," Arden whispered as she stepped away, though it seemed unlikely that loud noises would wake a dragon deep in a shell. She had a small smile as she walked away, twinging pain in her right hand barely brushing her consciousness. She would notice it more later that night, when her excitement over the touching and the numbweed both wore off.

She went to the Pebbles Egg next. "It's so difficult to understand that you all already have such different personalities when you haven't hatched yet. I don't think human babies have much of a personality at all, they can't think about anything but eating and sleeping."

Early Crack Egg
Stripes Egg
Leopard Egg
Brassy Egg
Large Lizard Egg
Sunset Egg
Whirlpool Egg
Black Hole Egg
Coming Together Egg
Simplistic Egg
Petals Egg
Tiger Egg
Pebbles Egg

Image x8

COUNTED
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dreamer216

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:41 am

There was a brief moment of concern when the egg didnt immediately move to respond to her. But then El grinned as she felt the pleasure from the egg at her visit. She did grimace awkwardly at the question. "Well, I just.... prefer to go by El. Truthfully, Ellenor seems pretentious. I think my mum used it to make me sound more regal, especially since she didnt even know my father's name. When I was younger kids used to tease me about it." She simply shrugged. Ellenor was a mouthful, pretty she supposed, but she was so used to being called El, especially by her little brother.... it wasnt that big of a deal though. "Thank you, it was nice meeting you." She said with warm politeness as she withdrew from the egg.

The touching was going in earnest now, so more candidates were touching eggs. El wandered a bit, carefully stepping around people and eggs, seeking one without any touching it. In the end she had to wait her turn, deciding finally to touch the Sunset Egg. "Hey little one I'm El...lenor," her words almost stuttered a bit as she decided halfway through to just, say her full name. Maybe the other egg had been right, so she might as well go all the way. "I hope that this has been a pleasant experience." She wasnt sure how many had touched the eggs so far, with how many candidates there were, she hoped none of the eggs got overwhelmed.

(Eggs Touched: Coming Together Egg, Petals Egg, Sunset egg)