In Times of Desperation - Kate | Talen

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:58 pm

The beats of Cambysius's gait pounding against the ground caused Ambrosius's chest to throb, but he did not dare beg the daywher to stop. Instead, his mind encouraged Cambysius to continue towards Khonlen. Not entirely to his surprise, the daywher did so without question, and even reached back to him by the same means, pressing upon his mind in assurance. Combined with the fight and the genesis of such a bond, Ambrosuis found himself exhausted and worn, a sensation not entirely unfamiliar to him. He felt alive even as he ached, felt pain in a way he thought long lost to him. Above all, he felt his soul again.

”Are you alright? How badly are you hurt!?!?”

"Don't worry about me, right now," Ambrosius managed in a ragged voice. His hand continued to clutch his chest where Purefoy had stepped on him. The rest of him did his best to balance upon Cambysius.

He is hurt, Cambysius warbled with concern to both Khonlen and Talen. We need to get him to a healer.

"No, we need shelter," Ambrosius pressed, worried the felines would begun to track them. For the meantime, the pride concerned themselves solely with the kills already made.

No, to the healer. We are getting back to the weyr, Cambysius argued.

Ambrosius wanted to retort once more, but he felt so worn. It was a battle just to stay mounted on the copper jostling beneath him, but he knew he could not tell the daywher to stop. "Fine, let's get back to the weyr," he finally agreed. Green eyes trailed to Jacqueline who ran along side of them... keeping pace...

The copper slowed his pace and looked to quartz pair. He is weak, the copper worried over his new bonded, fearful he would lose him so soon. Ears folded back with worry, and for a moment he stopped, giving Ambrosius a moment to recover. The felines were behind them now, and for at least a moment, they had time to stop.

The fair man looked visibly pallid, while the opening of his tunic revealed a spread of purple flesh where the skin had contused from the injury.

Kate

Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:45 am

Once Talen heard Cambys’ footbeats behind them, he found himself feeling relieved. At least, for now. The man would not allow himself to actually relax. There was no time for that. Maybe once they were all safely back, then he would allow himself to relax. Not a minute before. As they continued to move towards Ambr’s cabin, green eyes kept glancing back between Ambr,, and trying to see how far behind them the felines were. Sometimes he was able to gauge it, but most of the time, he only had enough time to look just to know that they were still behind them, and the felines were not.

Green eyes glanced over at Cambys and Ambr as the two of them gave him conflicting reports. Although he wasn’t going to say anything, it was pretty obvious that the other man was in some deal of pain. Even though he said he was alright, the Quartz handler had his doubts, as did apparently the Copper Ambr was riding. Making up his mind, Talen was just about to also insist that they go back to the Weyr, but it seemed Ambr had finally relented to Cambys. With the felines not behind them, Talen figured they had already put quiet some distance between them, and if they kept moving, it would be no problem to make it back to the Weyr before something else happened, and get Ambr to a proper healer.

Now, Talen let out a small sigh, and allowed himself to relax ever so slightly. Although, unfortunately, that didnt last very long. Cambys was very upset and worried now, and Talen tried to keep himself calm as he glanced over and caught sight of the bruises that were starting to form. ”Don’t worry, we’ll get there as quickly and safely as we can. He needs to get looked at, I agree.”

By now they were coming up on the cabin, and while Talen knew they were still quiet a distance away from the Weyr, he knew it wouldn’t be too long at the rate they were going. Turning back to the thinner man he said, ”Do you want Khonlen to call Isamuyn and have Devyn meet us at the Infirmary?”

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shaihulud

Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:06 am

”Don’t worry, we’ll get there as quickly and safely as we can. He needs to get looked at, I agree.”

Ambrosius said nothing, though he hardly approved of the fuss, even if the exhaustion continued to settle in and the ache throbbed through his chest. Yet for all the pain and the persistent sense of weariness, Ambrosius felt alive once more. He cherished it through the ride, clinging with all his strength to it for fear that Cambysius would leave him if he lost consciousness.

He felt the press upon his mind, one of eternal love and assurance. I won't let anything happen to you, and I will never leave you.

The confirmation of the Impression caused the several tears to fall from the dragonless man... yet he was no longer bondless. He was a dayhandler. And for as long as he lived, he would always have Cambysius.

”Do you want Khonlen to call Isamuyn and have Devyn meet us at the Infirmary?”

Ambrosius wiped at his eyes. "No, that is not necessary," he replied as he continue to look to the copper beneath him. "I can have Cambys send word himself."

Cambysius, the copper answered for all of them to hear. You are mine, now and always.

Overwhelmed by Cambysius's insistence, and in the face of so much loss, Ambrosius could withstand it no more, and began to sob. He hid his tears from Talen and Khonlen, for he felt ashamed for the fact they even saw them, but Cambysius had brought himself to a halt and craned his head around as far as he could to regard his bonded, offering croons of assurance.

Kate

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:51 am

Green eyes once again moved to the man riding the Copper. Talen did have to admit that he did not look the greatest, but at the same time, the man could not see any blood dripping off of him or anything. Falling off of the runner was probably what was causing most of the light haired man’s problems, but the Quartz handler still agreed with the other daywher. It would be best if they got Ambr checked out.

By now, Talen had let out another small sigh of relief. It seemed as though they might be out of danger. Quickly, he scolded himself though. Just because the felines weren’t exactly right behind them, did not mean that they could relax just quiet yet. Ambr’s voice pulled Taken’s attention back out of his thoughts and green glanced over at him for a moment. He just nodded though

It took a moment for the young man to process what the Copper daywher had just said though. Had the two of them really just bonded? Smiling softly even though his shock he managed to say, ”Well then, I guess a congratulations are in order. Although, I guess we should probably hold on off celebrating until we get you back and looked at. But after everything settles down, I think you and Devyn and myself and Cas should go out to dinner to celebrate.”

Of course, he would leave that up to the other man, especially since he didn’t know much about him. Talen found himself hoping the man said yes, but he wouldn’t blame him if he did not want to do anything.

Image x3
Shaihulud

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:39 pm

”Well then, I guess a congratulations are in order. Although, I guess we should probably hold on off celebrating until we get you back and looked at. But after everything settles down, I think you and Devyn and myself and Cas should go out to dinner to celebrate.”

Ambrosius did what he could to wipe his tears away for all they were swiftly replaced. Right now was not the time to cry. Instead, he needed to get back to Atricis, to give himself time to recover and the whers time to mourn. No doubt by now, word had reached Atricis about the deaths of the whers the felines had taken down. But at least Cambysius was still alive. That thought was enough to secure his emotions, giving Ambrosius a chance to regain his composure.

And yes, he did need to see Devyn, to embrace him and remind him once more of how much he loved him, how thankful he was to have the man in his life, and how horrible he felt for the fight they so recently shared. Ambrosius could scarcely recall the reason for it, and could only think of what mattered most now in his life, rather than dwell on everything he had lost.

"Another time," Ambrosius managed to say to the handler. "I think for now, all I can think about is reaching the weyr, and make it through this next candlemark..." up to the moment when he finally saw Devyn's face once more.

With a gentle heel to the daywher's side, Cambysius set off once more, coming close enough to Khonlen to nose him along as well. They needed to get back to the weyr.

Jacqueline ran off ahead, barking out as sheep and runner riders came into view. Several daywhers greeted them, the panic easing from their eyes at the sight of both Khonlen and Cambysius still alive, though they seemed very curious about the man mounted upon the larger copper. Several dayhandlers also showed relief upon their approach, though Ambrosius seemed a bit worse for wear as they emerged from the fields with the Infirmary to their left and the dayhandler cabins to their right.

The new copperhandler searched for Devyn's face, hoping to see the man as another dayhandler approached to ask them what happened.

"What happened? We received word that Senmek and Suinela are gone," the handler asked of Talen. Yet his eyes continued to slip towards Ambrosius and Cambysius as the copper lowered down to help Ambrosius ease off of him. The handler stepped closer to Talen and motioned towards the pair. "Did... did Cambys?" He could not bring himself to outright ask of Talen. Cambys was one of the older whers, one who had been a part of the pack nearly since it began. Fourteen turns had the daywher been with them, but never once had he bonded until this moment...

But Ambrosius was too worn to catch the conversation. Instead, he leaned against Cambysius in support as his eyes scanned for Devyn, if only so he could embrace the man and assure him he was more alive now than he had been in the last turn.

Image x7
counted
Kate

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:44 pm

Nodding, green eyes glanced over at the man, understanding showing in them. Yes, Talen had figured that would be the other man's answer, although he hadn't really meant today. Or maybe even any time this sevenday. There were things that needed to be done, especially with this newest feline attack. Frowning, Talen sighed to himself. Honestly, it had seemed like everything about the feline attacks was going to be in the past. While he would never forget it, the handler knew that that was a good place for it to stay.

It seemed to take longer than Talen remembered, but eventually they were back in the Weyr, although, once they got there, the Quartz handler almost wished they weren’t. Green eyes glanced around, looking for Cas. While he didn’t see him, he felt as though that was almost a good thing. He must still be out on his drills or whatever he had going on today, and maybe he hadn’t heard what had happened. That made it so that Talen could tell his boyfriend himself.

Then there were all the whispers he was hearing about the man on the copper and what was going on. He quickly ignored those ones for the more important things. One of the pack had coke up to him, asking him if it what they had heard was true. Silently Talen just nodded, not really trusting himself to actually speak at this particular moment. At the other question, he nodded again and.smiled before saying, ”Yes, he did.” That was all the man said on either of those subjects.

Green eyes lit up a bit as he saw Devyn coming over to help Ambr out, and he gave the chimera handler a small smile and nod as the two men embraced and Devyn led him away to get him checked out. Now that they were safe, and Ambr was on his way to the Infirmary, the adrenaline left his body and Talen suddenly felt tired. Quickly he took care of Khonlen before heading home and just being with his family for the rest of the night.

[FIN]