Traveled so Far [ Tag: Ember ]

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Eternal
Pronouns: She/Her

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:47 am

While their move to the South hadn't been recent, it still felt like it had been just yesterday that they had arrived. On the insistence from Shiravani mostly, Laeneal had joined them and left her life behind in Benden Weyr. Not that she had much going for her there or any attachment to the place - she had Aihinoeth but she'd always have the annoying zultanite for the rest of her life.

Annoying? I see how it is, next time you want a ride from the bowl you can forget asking me. Cozy up to another rider and get them to give you trips - I'll just be the annoying beast in the background.

The zultanite was truly offended by being called annoying and it had Laeneal poking the 'beast' mentally for a moment. Proddy for sure. Laen grimaced as she realized that Aihinoeth might be getting close to another mating flight and she sighed mentally. Aihinoeth rarely rose but whenever she did, it was always a dreaded moment for Laeneal. She wasn't overly fond of being suddenly thrust into the spotlight and she made the decision to keep her door shut during them - she didn't trust anyone in such a vulnerable moment. You can't ever be replaced, Hino. I was simply teasing you. That seemed to have eased the blow of the feigned hurt sent by the zultanite but Laeneal knew never to really take the dragon too seriously - she was constantly testing her limits with Laeneal.

She hadn't really thought of where to go until her stomach began to rumble and she sighed out loud - resigning to the fact that she needed to eat. Laeneal headed in the direction of the dining hall and when she entered, quickly found a seat not near anyone. Sure she could have looked for some of her family, but with Aihinoeth being testy it was best that she sat alone. It didn't take any time for a kitchen worker to drop off a plate of food near her and a cup of juice. It might have been better to request klah - maybe she'd get a cup herself after she ate.

Or you could just ask for some, like a normal person does when they're eating.

No, I'm able to do that myself. They have more than enough to keep them busy while tonight's dinner is being prepped. If I need some, I'll get some and then come to oil you. Sound like a plan? The silent acceptance from Aihinoeth was enough to placate the dragon. There were some offers the zultanite couldn't refuse and a good oiling was one of them. Storm burst from wherever he had been to settle on Laeneal's shoulder and chirp, eyeing her food. "We can share, Storm. You're a gluttonous pig if I've ever met one. I need to eat too." The bronze firelizard bobbed his head animatedly and then began to pick at the meat on her plate that she had set aside for him.
Image Image Image Image
Aihinoeth ~ Kaurrunoth ~ Circeth ~ Weyrfolk
Art Shop. Marks Tracker. Character Tracker
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 am

When he'd heard his niece had been brought South - he couldn't believe that she'd finally caved. He had to see for himself first, and upon seeing her he grinned. T'rav scratched the back of his neck, contemplating if she would mind seeing her uncle for a bit or not, and it was Marileth that urged him forward. *You're not going to know unless you go forward. So stop hanging around and simply go forward. What are you worried about? That a member of your own family is going to bite at you and turn you away?*

He laughed at that and brushed the blue's mind voice away, but it still stuck like glue, because there was some truth to it - he was worried that she would turn him away, if only because he hadn't exactly been there overly much as an uncle during her training. Hopefully she understood why though - things hadn't been great for him and he hadn't been in a good place. But things were better now, getting there at least, and they had a chance to sit and get to know one another, this time as proper family members. He was looking forward to that, and hoped she would as well.

Chuckling over the antics of her bronze, he was glad his own lizards weren't around, let alone his dog - who was with the trainers at the moment - else they'd have far too many beggers at the table to deal with. "Hope you don't mind an old face joining you." He folded his arms on the table top and leaned forward slightly, tilting his head towards her. "Its good to see you again, Laeneal..." Fuck, she made him miss Benden, his family there, his sister and brother-in-law - she looked just like her parents, a perfect combination of the two of them.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Eternal

Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:24 pm

"Hope you don't mind an old face joining you."

Laeneal hadn't even notice that her uncle had found her and joined himself with her at the table. Storm hissed presumptuously at the human who caught his off guard, Laeneal waving at him to shut him up. "Uncle T'rav; if you keep calling your face old, it will certainly look like one - one day." she quipped at him, teasingly in a manner that only most of her family would pick up on. Normally she was cold and distant to anyone trying to strike up a conversation with her, but her family (a rather large one at that) knew how to mellow her out. Perhaps Aihinoeth had some help with that as well, the zultanite impressing to her had been the best thing to happen to her.

By the shards of my egg, you know I am the best thing for you. Your family is a close second.

Laeneal rolled her eyes at the dragon's words and chose to ignore her. Her head was going to swell from all of the praise boosting her ego. It was nice to see someone other than her cousin or brother. Is'ra had a way with enjoying teasing her or annoying her - depending on how she felt that day. Shiravani was at least pleasant to hang around but Laeneal wasn't really made for hanging out with others. She preferred herself and Aihinoeth's time alone to any and all socializing with other people. Storm chittered annoyingly and pulled at a strand of her hair to remind her of him being there too. "Honestly Storm, I'll ban you from the dining hall if you keep tugging at my hair like that. It's good to see you again too uncle. How have you been?" Shit...she was horrible at talking with others. Why couldn't Aihinoeth talk for her? The zultanite snorted in disgust at the idea of holding a conversation with another human. Well there went that idea...she fed Storm the rest of her meat as she awkwardly waited for a response.

Image Image Image Image
Ember

Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:38 pm

He smiled, tried his best not to laugh as he watched the antics of the bronze on his niece's shoulder. He really was a piece of work that creature, but he sure was entertaining at times. Even so, despite his resolve not to make a face in the firelizard's direction to encourage him to continue, he found himself speaking and he almost laughed over his words. "He certainly hasn't lost his spark, has he? Same little shit that he's always been? Comforting thing that is, truthfully."

As for how he had been since arriving at the Weyr well... "I've been doing okay. Its good to be around some family again, large numbers of them I mean." He picked at his food while he spoke, though didn't really make a move to bite down on anything - he was far too polite to eat while speaking. "I'm glad... Shiravani is home. That she was fine, alive. I was so worried about her when I found out she'd disappeared." He'd been so trapped in his own mind after the loss of his mate, that he hadn't even known about the "loss" of their daughter.

All that was different now.

"What about you?" He smiled and sat a little straighter, finally getting his hands on something like he was preparing to take a bite. "How have you found it to be in the South so far?"

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Eternal

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:16 pm

Storm hissed and squawked at T'rav, even being as brazen as to stick his forked tongue out in a childish manner. Laeneal caught the tongue and held onto it as he squeaked with surprise and let go of it as fast as she had grabbed it. She chuckled, the bronze pecking at her cheek for that, "Serves you right you little shit. Comforting? Storm? That's a bold statement. You want him?" and with that question she plucked him off of her shoulder and held him out, the bronze chittering frantically and angerly at the same time.

Could it be a miracle that you're saving me from the annoying creature? Say you'll take him, Marileth's.

Laeneal let Storm climb back up to his perch, shaking her head at Aihinoeth's words as she spoke to both Laeneal and T'rav. "If only if it were that simple. We're stuck with the pretentious shitter." And then her uncle moved on to answering her question and she swirled the juice in the mug. Even at Benden, she tried to keep to herself although it was nice seeing familiar faces everyday. Shiravani's disappearance had everyone worried - Laeneal too because she was closest to her and Is'ra; although she sometimes wondered how close they really were, honestly he was a sight for sore eyes sometimes. Then the conversation turned on her and she cleared her throat, obviously not ready for it to be her turn to divulge about herself.

"Miserable. The humidity is unbearable. Aihinoeth loves it, I prefer Benden's weather. It is nice being away from Benden however...it was getting too cramped for my liking there - and Aihinoeth's. If we had no candidates or weyrbrats here, I do not know how I would oil and wash her hide." It was always easier for Laeneal to talk about Aihinoeth than herself and she naturally diverted the conversation to her zultanite.

Image x1
Image Image Image Image
Ember

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:41 pm

He chuckled and glanced towards the entrance of the dining hall. "Truthfully my dear, I wonder that myself. Half the Weyr's rider population would be out of luck without its candidates and 'brats." He smiled as he glanced back at her and offered up a piece of his food to Storm. "Its good to have you here though. Though I swear it won't be long before New Atricis becomes just as cramped as Benden was. In regards to family that is." Though their family as a whole was scattered across the Northern Continent, not much was lingering in the South to date - it seemed frequent enough though that some of their family arrived in the South, of that there was no doubt.

He grabbed his mug for another drink, and realized he was almost out, so he tapped her own cup and glanced at her plate. "I need a refill. Want me to grab you some more? And something for the brat?" And something else came to mind. He had a couple of lizards himself - perhaps one of them could keep Storm busy for her so she could actually eat a bit herself. "I could have Mari call for one of my own lizards. Want to have one of them come by to entertain him while you eat?"

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Eternal

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Storm snatched the offered food and ate it with red swirling eyes, although the green hues were beginning to return as he focused on the treat. Laeneal rolled her eyes at the bronze firelizard and ignored him - the insufferable creature. "I guess it would depend if any of us begin to have children; or the rest of them join us here. Hell, we could have our own hold monarchy if we founded one." They had enough family in her eyes to feel cramped enough at Benden, but it was just a joking thought. She already hated formalities and adding 'Lady' to the list of whatever people decided to call her was one too many for her.

As T'rav motioned to her cup and plate, she looked up more at him and shrugged her shoulders, "Klah if you wouldn't mind, as for the asshole I think he's had enough. His stomach is already showing signs of bulging." and with that she poked the soft sides of her firelizard's rounded belly - Storm squeaking and nipping at the space between his body and her hand. "Little Shit still needs to learn manners, or else I might just take you to a beasthealer and have your teeth all pulled out." an empty threat but Storm didn't pick up on it and squawked out of fear, settling down for once.

Storm decided then that the company had grown boring and he needed a nap so he lifted into the air and without missing a beat of his wings, was between and out of their hair. "I guess that solves that for you, sorry he's such an ass uncle." She shook her head and had to let out a small laugh. If it wasn't the antics of Storm she was getting headaches from then it was the constant harassment she got from Aihinoeth whenever she felt anything other than 'stoic' - which was all the time! At least now the two of them were silent so she found her rare moment of peace. "How do you manage with more than one? I thought just having Hino for a partner was exhausting enough but throw the 'lizard into it and I'm in a whole different world of 'joy'." and there was a sarcastic emphasis on the word joy in her tone.

Image Image Image Image