Bolts and Blades ~ { tag } LdyPayne / Kalesskel

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:13 am

Seeing his friend work and move with the blades told Feral one very important thing - never fuck with him on a good day, never fuck with him on a bad day. He was impressed, suitably so, and that would surely make the other man happy to hear. He clapped and decided he would have to marvel at what he'd just seen, and rightfully so. "That was rather nice to watch." He tried to feign being humble in manner and speech at first, but it didn't last, and he eventually broke character to clap and bow his head. "Now, that was fucking beautiful. I've never seen a set of blades used quite like that. You make it look like a dance, my friend."

If only he could use them like that, but he knew why he would never be able to - he was more bulk than lithe grace, so the probability of being able to use a set of blades in such a manner was next to none. That was okay; where he lacked the ability to do so, he held strength and stamina, so he would take those two trade offs in exchange. Even so, a man could go on dreamer, and that was exactly what he would do from time to time. Also, remind me to never make you angry. I don't know about anyone else, but I doubt I'll ever be purposefully stupid to anger you in a dark row; nevertheless, having a remidner wouldn't hurt every once in a while."

@LdyPayne
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:38 pm

As proud as he was of his skill it felt a bit weird to be cheered for it. Most of his skill came from a lifetime of training and practice and a drive to always improve. He loved sword play and sparring, but he never enjoyed it when it was necessary to kill with his skill. He knew it was necessary and he preferred to only kill in the name of Justice and protecting the innocent. Kal would also kill to protect those he cared for and he never assumed his blades was the only solution to any problem.

"Don't worry my friend, I'm not one to be easily angered and I wouldn't strike somebody out of anger regardless. The only way I would use my weapons against a friend is if they proved unworthy of my friendship. In other words, be a good man and I will never have reason to raise a blade against you." Kal didn't care if Feraless made mistakes in the past, everybody did, what he did care about was how Feraless lived his life now and from what he knew of the man he was a good person.

"I've worked with these blades ever since I was old enough to hold one but the scimitar isn't the best blade for everybody. They work well with my agility and grace but for somebody stronger or even less agile they may pose more a hindrance than help. The lightness of these blades is also a weakness as it's more difficult to face a skilled opponent with a heavier weapon. A bad block could result in me holding a broken blade so understanding your weapon's strengths and weaknesses is as key as knowing how to wield it. I can teach you more about the scimitar but only you can decide if such a blade is good for you compared to others you have used in the past."

@Ember
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:46 am

Feraliss knew he would like to learn how to use such a blade, if only because his blood demanded it of him. He shouldn't be proud of that fact, or of the knowledge that as a former raider, such skills would be used for... uncouth activities. But here in the South, where he was mostly safe from such a world, he could enjoy learning the art of the blade without worry that the results would be put to use in places, and for things, he wanted no part of. He didn't understand where Kalesskel had come from, but the fact that he was willing to teach? He would be grateful for the offer.

"i would accept, because I admit my use of blades is not as sharp as I would like it to be. My area of expertise is more with bows, but you saw my girl, you know what I prefer." He decided something, an offering of sorts. "What if we were to set up an exchange between the two of us? You teach me how to use your scimitar, and I can teach you more about the crossbow and how to use it?"

He wasn't sure if that would be an acceptable offering, but it had come to mind, and be reason enough for them to bond further as friends. A reasonable enough thought, perhaps, and maybe the other man would see it that way, too.

@LdyPayne
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:31 pm

"I agree to such an exchange," Kal responded, clapping Feraliss on the shoulder in a friendly manner. "It may be difficult to fit in with our Candidacy duties but I expect keeping busy even in Free time would be nothing compared to how life will be once bonded to a Wher."

In truth he hated being idle, filling his free time working on his form or lending a hand anywhere his skills would fit. Learning how to handle a crossbow at least well enough he could hit a target would be beneficial. Sometimes one needed to be able to use whatever was at hand to defend themselves though he doubted he would see many crossbows lying around compared to a typical hunting bow. Still, he loved learning new things so was more than willing to teach how to use scimitars to somebody else. Perhaps it was his father's influence that he actually enjoyed teaching even though he rarely had the chance.

"We can spend half our time with blade training and the other time with the crossbow. Or we can alternate whatever works best." Kal suggested. He knew it would be difficult for either of them to truly master the weapon given the limited time they could train compared to how much training he took to become so skilled in dual scimitars. If Feraliss practiced enough on his own time Kal was confident he'll become better and be able to hold his own in most typical sword fights.

"Since we have some time now, let me show you the basics. We can grab some practice swords and you can show me what you know so far. How's that sound?" Kal suggested.