Man To Man ~ { tag } Slasher / L'ex

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:03 pm

If the aunties hadn't been such gossips, T'rav may never have known or suspected. But once the kernel of an idea was planted in his mind, there was no digging it away and tossing it aside. There were rumors among some of them in the creche as to the paternity of his granddaughter. Some seemed to insist she belonged to a fellow from Igen. After all, they said, she looked just like him, and one need only see the way he looked at the girl's mother to know that there had been something there at some point in time.

So T'rav had found this young man, observed him, saw what they saw, perhaps drawn up his own conclusions as to what he thought about the matter. Whether it was the truth or not, he needed answers. There were things that Shiravani hadn't told him about her time away that he wanted to know - like how she had survived - and perhaps this weyrling, as he was, would have some idea as to how it had happened.

He gave it some time, not wanting to startle the man or his young dragon, but the moment he had Impressed not one, but two little firelizards, well... he knew it was as good a chance as ever to make his approach. Marileth tried to warn him against causing problems, and the man insisted that wasn't what he was setting out to do. He was merely trying to look out for the welfare of his blood, important blood to him in fact. Whether that was true or not in the blue's mind remained a secret to him, and he simply sat back and observed, ready to swoop in if necessary.

Once T'rav managed to corner L'ex, however, he grasped the younger man's shoulder and gave it a squeeze, just enough pressure to tell him that there was something that needed to be discussed without having to say a word. "We're going to take a walk, and you're going to tell me a few things." He said simply, thinking that the younger man knew who he was. He would find out in a few moments, a breath or two really, whether that was factual or not.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:33 pm

It hadn't been long since L'ex had gotten his little...friends. And it had not been anything like what the poems and tales had implied. The little bronze, which he had dubbed Amator, was...alright, he was honestly kind of a jerk. It seemed like daily he drew blood from the weyrling. But he wasn't about to give up on him. He had heard that firelizards would go feral if they didn't want to be with their person, and so far the bronze was coming back for food, and slept in the man's presence at night, so maybe there was hope there. But he never rode his shoulder or anything. And the other one, the blue dubbed Sajan, was often present around L'ex, and often perched up on the man's shoulder, usually regally posing as if he was a majestic sculpture.

It was one of those rare moments when both flitts were with him when a firm hand closed on the young man's shoulder. Sajan squawked in surprise, dug his claws into L'ex's shoulder as he tumbled down the man's arm, leaving little red lines that sluggishly tried to bleed, just good scratches. The blue, and the bronze chittered irritatingly towards the strange man that had grabbed L'ex, but stayed well out of reach.

For his part, L'ex froze, then turned, confusion covering his face, ”A-alright? Did I do something wrong, sir?” Who was this man? From his knots, he was a rider, and from his demeanor, it felt like the weyrling had done something wrong. But he didn't recall doing anything he wasn't supposed to. In fact, he was rather good at following the rules, did his best in lessons, loved taking care of Astropheth. L'ex honestly couldn't think of why he would be in trouble. As they started walking though, the man steering him slightly with the hand on his shoulder, it felt more personal than that. But he didn't recognize the rider.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:13 am

T'rav did't say say a single word, not a single one, as he led the young man away. He moved in the direction of a little corner in the Yard, knowing full well he would have to be careful in how he dealt with L'ex. He wasn't just any man pulled off of the Wing roster - he was weyrling, with a dragon young enough to be startled by so much as a swat across the head. Doing anything more could seriously harm the young beast.

Instead, they were going to have a serious chat were ears couldn't easily follow. He found them a nice, safe, "cozy" little corner and gave the blue weyrling a shove forward. There, he hadn't been that rough, but Turns of dealing with weyrlings had given him some sense of judgement when it came to knowing how much force to use with them. "So, tell me," he started to pace and circle in front of and around L'ex, looking at him like one would a piece of meat they wanted to violently shred with glass.

He didn't finish his sentence immediately though, letting instead the way he moved and his body's tension be continuation enough for now. Marileth though he wasn't being fair, but he didn't listen to the blue, who snorted and curled back up before continuing to watch, knowing why his rider was doing this. "Tell me..." He started to step forward. "How do you expect to take care of my daughter and that beautiful baby of yours when you're done with training?"

He held up a hand, then a finger. "And I don't want some bullshit excuse either. I'll know if you're giving me a smart answer, young man."
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:38 pm

The man's manhandling only compunded the fact that L'ex felt like he had done some personal harm to the man. This wasn't a public scolding about a broken rule(because there was no reason to hide a weyrling getting in trouble and punished, not while it would only serve as a lesson to the other's as well). This felt more like L'ex had somehow offended the rider. He had no clue. As the rider shoved him slightly once they found their quiet corner, L'ex just barely saved himself from face planting completely. The weyrling was already clumsy enough, he didn't need help.

Turning to face the rider, the weyrling's expression was still one of confusion, some unspoken apology for whatever he did rolling through his eyes. The rider paced, circling, and L'ex couldn't help but feel like a piece of meat on display or something. And the unspoken continuation of whatever he was going to say just hung in the air between them, like some painful secret. What in the shards could L'ex have possibly done to illicate the man's ire?

”How do you expect to take care of my daughter and that beautiful baby of yours when you're done with training?"

The words hung in the air between them as the man continued, holding a finger up. But L'ex was just...in shock. He stared at the man, his face and body tense, but oblivious. So confused! ”I..Um..Uh...” L'ex had literally no clue who or what the man was talking about, and he was sure at this point that the rider had the wrong man. Taking a breath to settle himself, he shook his head, ”Sir, I swear, I don't have any kids...or a woman for that matter, not...for turns.” He glanced around, almost as if he was looking for an escape from this madman, ”Sir, I think you have the wrong man.”
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:54 am

T'rav rolled his eyes. "Do you think I'm stupid?" He crossed his arms over his chest and stepped towards the door, locking it and standing between it and L'ex. "I'm not going to hurt you - physically. But I am going to make you agree that you're going to take care of that girl you and mine created. She's beautiful, and Shiravani is not going to take care of her on her own."

He didn't realize L'ex had no idea what he was talking about. Or that he'd outed his daughter's secret to the one person that she didn't want knowing about it. All he thought he was doing was what any concerned grandfather would do - accost the father of his grandchild until he agreed to take care of them. Grandfather's did that, right?
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Slasher

Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:36 pm

As the man locked the door, L'ex just felt more apprehension. This madman had him cornered, and while L'ex could generally hold his own in a fight, he didn't want to get in a fight with a fully fledged rider. He didn't want to get in trouble. He was the foreigner here, being one of the Igen refugees. But as the man rounded on him, he didn't quite get the same feeling of hostility that he had at first. The man seemed more concerned.

”She's beautiful, and Shiravani is not going to take care of her on her own.”

The weyrling wasn't sure he heard right then. Shiravani... She had a daughter...and she was apparently L'ex's? When T'rav spoke the woman's name, L'ex paled. Quite a visible feat considering his browned skin tone, ”What?” The man's mind was racing in too many directions, and yet none at all. He was frozen, paralyzed. Is everything alright, mine? Astropeth's voice rolling through his mind helped knock the man loose from his shock and disbelief, Yes, I'm fine, I just... L'ex swallowed and shook his head, staring like a wherry stuck in a sudden light at the older man, ”Sir, I...We...I...” He turned away, rubbing his face in an attempt to calm himself. He was at war with himself. Rage...Did she really have a child? Was it really his?! He was furious that she hadn't told him. He had a right to know if he had fathered someone, damnit! But...

So Shiravani had a daughter, and this man was obviously the weaver's father. Turning back towards him, L'ex spoke, his voice holding that edge, that fine line between anger and sorrow, ”Sir, I didn't know Shiravani had a child, let alone that it might be mine...I...I knew her up North, a few turns ago. She healed in my caravan, and then just disappeared one day.” The man was still blocking the door, and all L'ex wanted to do was rush to find the woman in question, and demand answers.
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:18 pm

T'rav wasn't sure, at first, if he believed the younger man. How in the world could someone not know that they were... Before he was able to get much further with that thought, not only did realization strike, but so did his dragon's voice. *You do realize that your own sire has children that he wasn't aware of until much later? Who is to say that the same isn't said of this instance? And besides, at least he's finding out now, when the starling is still little.*

Starling... it was what T'rav had started to call his little granddaughter, the first of what he hoped to one day call many. She was precious to him, and a sad reminder of the fact that his own weyrmate would never know the precious little girl named for--- He paused. "My daughter said that she was named after two important women that had been in her life. Her mother and someone she wouldn't name." He looked L'ex down and sighed before pinching the bridge of his nose. "I suppose the other might be someone from your family... her name is Rhaeryne."

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Slasher

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:30 pm

Rhaeryne...

The name resounded inside the weyrling's head like a blow. The man wanted to drop. His entire world had just transformed, much like it did when Astropheth chose him from the crowd. Shiravani, the woman he had fallen head over heels in love with, and then she left him without a word, had a child. Their child. His child. There had been a little whisper in his head that he might not be the father, and he realized he had been clinging to that a little bit. He could be mad at her for leaving then, he could let her go maybe. But she had named her daughter Rhaeryne...

”My mother's name was Nalyna...” He knew his eyes were moistening. He could feel the tears want to roll out of his eyes, and drown him. But he resisted. He refused to just break down with the weight of the fact that he had a daughter, and he...He suddenly grinned. He was still livid at Shiravani for her leaving, for her hiding such a huge thing, and for then not telling him when he found her again in the Lower Caverns. But...he had a daughter...and he could not wait to meet her.

Looking suddenly at T'rav, L'ex's expression was firm, resigned, ”Sir, I need to find Shiravani. If what you say is true, I...I need to know...I need to see her.” Would the man let him out? Luckily, L'ex had a bit of time before he needed to return to his duties, and Astro was fully supportive, if a bit confused, in his head. He would start his search with the other weaver's to try and figure out where Shiravani might be at that moment.

Image x1
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:27 pm

T'rav had to think about it for a moment. Despite the tears and obvious emotions on the younger man's face, he was clearly upset towards Shiravani for whatever had happened between them - which she had never disclosed to her father, and maybe it wasn't any of T'rav's business, he realized. Did he really want this young man traipsing about, searching for his daughter in the hopes of saying whatever he wanted to?

Did he have any choice?

It wasn't like he could keep them in this room for the rest of eternity, tempting though it was to sit and instill the spirit of fear in the weyrling. He had done it many times in the past to weyrlings aplenty as Weyrlingmaster of Benden, but that had been out of necessity as a teacher to keep his students and their dragons safe. This was not a situation like that, quite the opposite in fact. This was something else entirely.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, closed his eyes and reached for the handle of the door. When he opened his eyes, he was staring at L'ex, cold and hard, a warning examination of the young man that would eventually bear into his soul. "Do what you need to but I swear, if I hear one tiny, little fraction of an ounce of information that you've harmed my girls in any way, you can guarantee that not even my father will keep me from coming after you..." He opened the door after saying what he had to and stepped back, allowing L'ex his freedom at last.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Slasher

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:52 pm

L'ex didn't bother to respond to the man's final warning. Even if Shiravani didn't have L'ex's daughter, the weyrling would never do anything to harm the woman. He...He loved her still, even turns later, even after the storage room, even after everything else, and he hated that fact a little. As the man turned the knob, L'ex was already moving. And then the door was open, and he could feel his heart in his throat. He had to find Shiravani, he had to find the truth...

As he left the room, he sent a little mental thread to Sajan and Amator. The flitt's popped in around him, chittering as he hurriedly walked...Where? He stopped, and had to think a moment, or risk going insane. Where would Shiravani be? He had some ideas, but he knew that other eyes would be helpful. Reaching up for Sajan, he sent the woman's image to the flitt, instructing him to try and find her, but not harass her if he did, just come get L'ex. The blue was eager to obey, and set off. Amator however...L'ex sighed, and looked hard at the little bronze, ”Just be helpful, would you please?” The pair stared at each other for a few moments, then the firelizard took off. It was unclear if he was also listening to the weyrling, but either way, L'ex set off on his own search.

ImageImageImageImage