Old Ghosts At The Door ~ { tag } LdyPayne / Shyran

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:04 pm

There was still so much for them to catch up on, so it felt. How had things been in general around the Weyr - had there been any hatchings as of late? Who was new, who did she need to watch out for? She felt she would monopolize poor Shyran's time after a while. "You know, we're going to possibly need more food for everything I want to chat about tonight. Want me to go grab some things from the kitchens in the dining hall?" It would give her a chance to swing by the bar, grab a skin or two of wine, really allow them both to relax and unwind, enjoy their company and the time they had lost together as friends.

She'd also be able to check up on Rhae, make sure her creche mothers would be able to watch over her just a little longer, even if she did have the blue boys as company. "That is if you want to, it wouldn't be much of a problem for me. We could even go together and..." She snapped her fingers and grinned, her mood shifting when she thought about how much she liked the idea. "It would give me the chance to introduce you to Rhaeryne, my daughter. She should meet her mother's friend after all, since I would hope the two of you could get along with each other."

@LdyPayne

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:33 pm

Shyran had some things to eat avaiable but not nearly enough to last for a long visit as this was likely going to be. Fortunately she didn't have an early Patrol to do as Shyran had the feeling she wouldn't be in any condition to do a patrol. Pacaran would be fine, in fact it was surprising the Jewel hadn't showed up to see who was visiting her. She suspected he'll arrive soon enough once he was done doing whatever he was doing.

When Shiravani suggested going out and getting some food from the Dinning Hall Shyran was about to suggest they just send in a request. She was sure she could send one of her pets to the kitchen with her request but Shiravani's next suggestion was far better.

"Oh that's a perfect idea," she responded. "I would love to meet your daughter sooner rather than later and after we can get food and drink for us to enjoy while we catch up. Maybe by then Pacaran will come and say hello, if you're alright with that."

@Ember

ooc: feel free to move them to meeting the daughter if you like

Image x7 (counted)
Ember

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:07 am

With a smile on her face, Shiravani stood and led her friend out, in the direction of the creche. It wasn't too long of a walk, and it helped that it was a nicer day out, gave them a chance to chat along the way. She linked arms with Shyran as they moved and kept an even pace so neither of them felt rushed since it wasn't a situation that required either of them to hurry. "She's going to adore you, I think." She stated in a sure tone the closer they came to the creche, feeling her heart flutter at the thought of introducing her darling child to her darling friend.

When they reached it, she found Rhaeryne playing, and gave a soft little whistle, grabbing the girl's attention. She turned and saw her, scrambled up and ran towards her, arms in the air for a pick up for when she was close enough to be gathered up. It didn't matter to her if she was getting big enough where soon she wouldn't be able to be picked up - and it didn't bother her mother much either - they both enjoyed these moments where they could have a brief moment together after seeing one another following momentary absences.

And then came the time for introductions, and Shiravani turned, still holding her child, and smiled between the two of them. "Rhaeryne, Mama would like you to meet a very good friend of hers. This is Shyran, and she's known me for a while. Would you like to say hello to her?"

When the girl nodded, it made her mother's heart feel full, and Shiravani watched as Rhaeryne offered a tiny hand and a smile. "Hello." And then with her other hand, she showed off the stuffed blue dragon she was holding. "This is Moo-Oink. He says hello also."

@LdyPayne
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:20 pm

The walk to the Creche didn't take long but it was long enough for Shyran to observe how eager her friend was to introduce her to her daughter. Shyran hadn't had much experience with children, occasionally she would talk to them when working in her parents store back in Walled Hold but since then she had little opportunity to interact. It wasn't because she didn't like children she was just too busy with other things. A part of her hoped she didn't act weird around Shiravani's daughter.

Then they were at the creche and she could see a bunch of kids playing under the watchful eyes of the Creche workers. Shyran startled a little when Shiravani whistled to get her daughter's attention. That was the moment she could pick out which of the girls playing was her friend's daughter. Shyran watched as the girl rushed over and jumped into Shiravani's arms and couldn't help but smile. It was so sweet to see the love between daughter and mother. Shyran could only hope any children she had in the future would love her as strongly.

"Hello Rhaeryne," Shyran returned, smiling at the girl. She gave her a little wave then looked at the stuffed dragon the girl was holding out. The name of the toy made Shyran smile all the more. "Oh such a cute name, hello Moo-Oink, I'm pleased to meet you too."

"You are a really pretty girl Rhaeryne, I hope Moo-Oink is chasing away any yucky boys and keeping you safe."
Ember

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:35 am

Rhaeryne nodded at Shyran and held the blue toy to her. "He makes all the yucky boys go away." Shiravani chuckled and gave her daughter's temple a gentle kiss, which the girl rewarded by leaning into her mother. "He goes with me everywhere." She made little sounds, that she insisted were what creatures like Moo-Oink made, and that only delighted Shiravani further. Oh, what she wouldn't do for this child of hers, though part of it all made her stomach roil at times; it was something she didn't even think she could talk to Shyran about.

"You busy playing with your friends, baby?" The girl nodded, but didn't seem bothered by entertaining her mother and mother's friend for a while. When she was finished being held, cuddled, and fawned over, she wiggled down and slipped to the floor, skipping back over to where her friends were in order to pick back up the game they'd been playing before her mother's arrival.

Shiravani watched her for a while and rubbed her arms, missing the warmth of having her child in them. "She likes you." She told Shyran, even if the visit had been brief. "I know she didn't stay long, but she's a little social butterfly, has lots of friends, and she has to keep her little game going. She's not even wanting to stay with me right now." She shook her head at that and decided not to let it bother her too much, or at the very least, tryn ot to let it.

"So!" She patted her legs. "How about we go visit with that darling wher of yours? I've missed him and wouldn't mind seeing how that gorgeous beast is doing, if you don't mind."

@LdyPayne
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:19 pm

Shyran gave a soft laugh, "Moo-Oink does his job very well, good boy" she scratched the toy just above the eyes where real firelizards love it.

After Rhaeryne ran off to join her friends Shyran felt some envy. In the past she had imagined what it would be like to have children of her own, with Darrow but with him gone there was little chance of that now. Giving her head a little shake she turned her attention back to Shiravani who was telling her how much a social butterfly her daughter was.

"She's certainly sweet and it's nice she can make friends so easily. Who knows maybe she'll end up running the Weyr someday." Whether it was as Headwoman or Weyrwoman nobody could say, women could do anything they want in the South. "Or perhaps she'll find a different path, maybe as a Harper. With her charm and easy way with other kids, I can see her doing well in the Harpercraft."

"Not at all, Pacaran would be thrilled to see you again." As they started walking back towards the Daywherhandler cabins. It only took a mental call to alert Pacaran they were on their way to see him.

<I come to you now,> the Jewel responded, already trotting towards his Handler. He may not remember much about his Handler's old friend or his clutchsister who died several Turns ago but he could sense how important this person was to his Handler and that was all that mattered to him.

"Pacaran is already on his way, I think he's eager to meet you." Shyran responded. Looking towards her apartment and where Pacaran usually rested she spotted him trotting towards them. "There he is coming now."

Slowing down Pacaran stopped beside his Handler and nuzzled her briefly before turning his attention to Shiravani. Immediately he sniffed the air, catching her scent and remembering it from a time in the past. Stepping forward he inhaled her scent more and thrummed a greeting. >I remember her scent. It is good she is back home,> Pacaran told Shyran.

"He remembers you and welcomes you back home," Shyran responded.