Enjoying a Freeday Together <Tag Yarana/Ember>

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
LdyPayne

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 pm

So much had happened since he bumped into Yarana one night and discovered she had Bonded to a Wher accidentally. Since then he had personally witnessed a woman bond with a whole new species of Wher and helped rescue a clutch of eggs from perishing in a fire. He had suffered a few burns from the incident but all had healed now. Curious about how things had gone for Yarana while he had been exploring an Island and seeing many new and exotic creatures Kal decided to track her down on a Freeday he hoped she was also enjoying.

After finishing up his usual evening routine of exercise and taking care of his pets Kalesskel headed out towards the Wherling's barracks and cast his eyes about for the very distinct form of Yarask. He had never seen a Wher like her and it was easy to spot her hide even under the starlit sky. Heading towards the Wher it didn't take Kalesskel long to spot the Handler nearby.

"Good evening Yarana and Yarask," he called out as he approached. "I was hoping to run into you tonight especially since I heard this is a Freeday for you as well."
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:27 am

Yarana was rather pleased to see the candidate again though she couldn't quite explain the reasons why. She chalked most of it up to the fact that Yarask was excited to see him, the wher rather pleased that she had recognized his face and scent well before he'd even spoken to them. She placed a hand on the pale wher's shoulder and bowed her head in greeting to the man, a smile on her face as she spoke. "Good evening to you as well, Kalesskel. And yes, it is a freeday for the two of us. We weren't going to do much beyond walking around and sniffing, truthfully."

The wher, now much bigger than she'd been when last she'd seen him, went over to the man and gave him a gentle nudge, to show that he could pet her if he would please do so. Yarana shook her head and went to show him where the best places to do so were. "Sometimes I worry about her. She has such a soft little heart, I don't even know if she has it in her to be as strong and defending as whers are meant to be." She knew her darling could do it though, and what she said was done so with fondness clinging to her voice.

Shaking her head, she glanced at him, her eyes a little cloudy still, though they cleared of the thoughts between herself and Yarask the longer she stood there. "Anyway, how are you? Its been too long since we've shared that company together."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —