A Special Delivery - Marve | Rey'vas

With the establishment of the Pearlriders and the Atrician Glint, a home along the coast for the Pearls and their riders needed to be made. Over time, the original beach camp was transformed from a series of tents into buildings and homes. While some of the Flotilla is being built, the primary areas such as Dining Hall, barracks for candidates, and other necessities have been completed. A series of docks with homes attached are still being built for future Pearlriders in hopes their numbers will grow, and each home is fitted with necessities as well as a personal boat that can be used for some water travel as well as living out of for relatively short periods of time.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them
Tag Status: Permission Needed, otherwise Closed

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Season - Early Summer 2049 (takes place two days before In Felawshipe and Pilgrims Were They Alle)
Time - Late Afternoon
Location - Flotilla Shores

@Marvealle | Rey'vas

On that ill fated day Inez met Rey'vas, she realised the pearlrider was in dire need of a firelizard egg. The poor thing, after enduring such public humiliation and abuse at the hands of her mother, still required assistance from elsewhere in order to stay in contact with those who mattered most to her. The very idea of the young woman requiring dependence on another after such an affront, irritated Inez to know end. A woman of Rey'vas's circumstances needed freedom, do speak to whom she pleased without depending on the mercy of another. In Inez's eyes, a firelizard was a basic need, especially in the south where a plenitude of them thrived. Therefore, Inez took it upon herself to supply the young woman with one.

A letter was sent ahead before Inez made her appearance, requesting an appropriate time to meet. Gwen arrived with a note attached, and waited patiently until Rey'vas supplied the firelizard with a response of availability. Once they secured a date and time, Inez marked it in her diary. Not long after, Inez appeared on the day and candlemark agreed upon, and waited on the shores for Rey'vas to appear.

In the brownrider's possession was a small clay pot. Those familiar with gathers and firelizard eggs would know exactly what the content was, even at a distance. Naturally, Inez had said nothing of the reason for her visit, other than to check in on the younger woman. Therefore, she knew full well the pot would come as a surprise to Rey'vas. The very idea of surprising her with such a thing did slip a small smile across the brownrider's visage. To help another woman in need pleased Inez immensely.

As she waited, Iorveth reached out to her pearl, Good afternoon, Dalfonvis. Inez and I are waiting by the shores for your lovely Rey'vas.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any
Tag Status: Open

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:24 pm

The arrival of the Amethyst firelizard had been a surprise to Rey'vas, since the events with her mother, things had been quiet for the most part for her life, at least in regards to dramatic scenes and arguments. It was a calm she hadn't expected really, something that took time to get used to not always having to wait for someone to berate her or cause a public scene with her. So when the firelizard showed, she was confused, but was sure the little flit was familiar. That didn't stop her from her surprise to see who the message was from. Wingsecond Inez of Brown Iorveth. Admittedly she hadn't expected to hear much personally from the woman after she had managed to get Shreya to leave the Flotilla. Despite her surprise though, she figured out when she'd have the time for a meeting with the woman, and sent her response with the flit back to the Weyr, then marked it in her own schedule to make sure she wouldn't forget.

The day arrived, and Rey'vas cleaned herself up from the ocean that day. It might be expected that a Pearlrider, especially a now graduated one, would smell like brine and have salt in her hair, but it wouldn't do, she insisted when Dalfonvis questioned, to meet with a Wingsecond from the Weyr covered in ocean salt. She had finished up, drying and combing her hair the best she could before stepping out of the bathhouse, when Dalfonvis relayed the message.

*I just heard from Iorveth, he and his are awaiting your arrival. Better pick up your feat, little shellfish.* He teased her, though she did in fact pick up her pace a little so she didn't keep Inez waiting long.

*At least I'm faster than you on land.* She teased him back on her way toward the shore. It wasn't hard to spot her, and Dalfonvis was also on his way in from the ocean, ripples of water and shimmers of dark rainbows showing his arrival before he beached up on the shore. His way from there was slower, so Rey'vas arrived first to Inez.

"Good day, Wingsecond Inez," she greeted respectfully, then paused as he eyes fell on the pot in the woman's hands. Her brow furrowed in thought,mouth hanging open for a second in surprise before she schooled her features so she at least wasn't hanging her mouth open like a wherry. "Is that why you're here today?" She pointed to the pot curiously.
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Image ~..:: Dragonfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Wherfolk & Dayfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image ~..:: Pearlfolk & Weyrfolk ::..~ Image
Image Image Image
Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Site Avatar art by Naomi Lord
Shaihulud

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:45 pm

The woman had cleaned up, much to Inez's surprise. Back in Barbiolette Seahold, Inez had grown accustom to the appearance of beach dwellers. There was a carefree demeanour about them, one that embraced the look and scent the sea had bestowed upon them. Even Inez had become a bit of a creature of the ocean at the time. Though a descent sized hold, there were times when Inez wandered down to the bathing cove with the other hold women, using sea water to cleanse her form after a long day under the sun. It was a chilling experience, yet shockingly refreshing, and always left her skin smelling pleasantly fresh under the lilac perfume she dabbed at her neck and wrists.

Even after a lifetime passed since her existence in Barbiolette Seahold, Inez felt herself succumbing to old instincts and intuitions drawn from casual observation. Eyes traced the shore, noting the way the water line began to creep up the sands. The tide was coming in again. However, the very waves that rolled in did so with a roar, while the air itself had become stifling. In the distance, a darkness had begun to bud, misting along the horizon.

A storm was blowing in.

"Good day, Wingsecond Inez."

But as was life in the Flotilla. No doubt the people here had grown accustom to the ways of the sea. "Good day to you, Rey'vas. And please, Inez will suit me just fine. I do not believe there is any need for formalities between us." After the events of their previous encounter, Inez did not look at Rey'vas as a subject, but rather as an acquaintance.

"Is that why you're here today?"

The slightest curl of a smile showed itself. "Perhaps." Eyes slipped to the shoreline where she spotted the lovely pearl coming to shore. Such an incredible creature. Had Inez never bonded, and found herself still earning for Impression, she suspected she would have become a pearlrider herself. The sky was vast and glorious; only the sea could ever be its true equivalent. "You had shown yourself in need of a firelizard, and since my Gwen here-" she lifted a finger to the amethyst at her shoulder [/b]"-clutched recently, I found myself with an extra few eggs, and thought you could benefit from one."[/b]

She turned her attentions back to the rainbowed pearl as he shuffled across the sands in approach. "Dalfonvis, how of you to join us."

Iorveth stepped toward the rainbowed pearl, and extended a curious nose to him. Seeing the two side by side, it surprised Inez to realise that Iorveth was actually larger than the Dalfonvis. She thought that pearls were longer, yet it seemed that was not the case with the rainbow. Iorveth, however, did not find it surprising at all. He was a beast after all, and very few could ever measure up to him. My, aren't we looking handsome today, the brown greeted Dalfonvis. Did you have a good swim today?
Marvealle
Site Admin

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Rey'vas nodded in understanding when Inez gave her permission to not be so formal with her. She silently committed the request for less formality to memory, perfectly happy to do so now that permission had been given. When Inez answered her question though, Rey'vas knew what that "perhaps" probably meant. It was most likely a yes, either with a stipulation behind it, or simply a playful statement. Rey'vas was willing to bet it was just intended as playful though, especially when she explained her own Amethyst had clutched.

Dalfonvis, meanwhile, crooned to Inez's greeting, then gave a sing-song warbled greeting to Iorveth. *I could say the same about you, Iorveth with your striking markings. It's a pleasure to see you and yours again. Have you ever swam in the ocean? I know dragons can't swim like us Pearls, but I've heard some of the dragons here still enjoy it.*

Good thing Dalfonvis was perfectly sociable, though she found it funny how social many of the Pearls seemed to be, even with creatures that weren't Pearls. She looked back to Inez after a moment.

"So, you're giving me an egg? That's very kind of you, and I appreciate it a lot. This will make it easier to keep in contact with people outside of the Flotilla as well." Her face lit up for a moment at that, realizing she could more easily message the people that had been more a true family to her than her birth mother had ever been. She didn't take the pot yet though, waiting for it to be physically offered.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Shaihulud

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:47 pm

*I could say the same about you, Iorveth with your striking markings. It's a pleasure to see you and yours again. Have you ever swam in the ocean? I know dragons can't swim like us Pearls, but I've heard some of the dragons here still enjoy it.*

I do enjoy a good swim, the brown replied with a ruffle of his wings. My sky and I frequent them often, especially now that her mate left her.

Inez scowled immediately at the brown for divulging such information. That is not for them to know!

Why is that? You are moving on, remember?

With a disapproving glare, Inez dismissed her brown, though she did so with a warning. Try not to drown yourself. There’s a storm rolling in.

"So, you're giving me an egg? That's very kind of you, and I appreciate it a lot. This will make it easier to keep in contact with people outside of the Flotilla as well."

At least it seemed Dalfonvis was going to keep that tidbit of information to himself, or at least Inez hoped as much. Rather than give away the fact she had become rather irritated with her brown, she focused her attentions on Rey’vas. “Yes, I am,” she affirmed, assuaging the woman of any remaining doubt. “After the last time we met, when you sent me with a letter to the creche, it dawned on me you had other family in the weyr whom you considered of high importance. It seemed hardly fair that you should be kept apart from them. This also means that if you ever require assistances for whatever reason, you will be able to reach me or another member of the weyr.” Or… if she even simply wanted to chat. However, Inez would leave that to her.

Honestly, after the separation from Rhianwen, Inez found herself starved of true friendship once again. Yes, she missed the romantic connection she shared with Rhianwen, but above all, she missed her friend. Losing both was a blow to Inez that left the brownrider spinning. With Ambrosius still distant from the loss of Bowith, her father deceased, and the incident over spring that had driven a wedge between herself and her sisters, Inez felt a bit lost.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:24 pm

*What a shame for yours. But perhaps we can take a swim while ours talk, I believe we have time for it.* It wasn't fully clear if he meant regarding the conversation or the storm coming, but there were still some Pearls out in the ocean, so either the storm wasn't too major, or they just didn't think it was imminent. Still best to watch for it though. Rey'vas was curious about what was "a shame" but didn't poke at Dalfonvis to tell her. Dragonkin were gossips enough on their own, in her opinion, she didn't need to unintentionally encourage him and possibly Iorveth too.

Rey'vas though, smiled more as Inez explained to her why she was giving her this egg, and she felt such deep appreciation for the consideration wash over her. Someone had thought about her, her wants, needs, and had done something to try to help her, without being asked, shards without even knowing her that personally well. It made her feel good, to be thought about by someone in a way that didn't seem selfish or self serving. Then she heard Inez give her extension for future help or assistance, even if she added "another member of the Weyr," Rey'vas heard the "me" part as more important.

"Thank you so much. Shells, I'm going to figure out how to return this kindness to you one day. You've done so much for me."
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Shaihulud

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:49 pm

They did have time for a long swim, even if Inez might protest. Iorveth trusted his pearl friend to warn him if the weather altered enough for concern. For the time being, however, the waters felt far to warm and inviting to ignore. He began to wade into the waves, warbling contently at the feel of the waters lapping against his belly and chest the deeper he went, and as Dalfonvis began to swivel back into the waters, he made a playful nip at the pearl, and nosed the fin crest along the creature's spines.

"Thank you so much. Shells, I'm going to figure out how to return this kindness to you one day. You've done so much for me."

"Please, think nothing of it," Inez assured her. It was not the woman's intention to make Rey'vas feel indebted to her in any way. It was simply the right thing to do. "I've another eleven eggs to handout tomorrow, so there were plenty to spare, and I am simply glad for the fact I know this egg will go to someone who will appreciate it." With a final glance to the claypot in her hand, Inez offered it to Rey'vas for the taking.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:13 pm

As Iorveth waded in, Dalfonvis made his way back across the beach and into the water, as soon as his fins could catch enough water he used them to help get away from the shore faster, hearing the nip toward him and feeling the nose. He whistled in excitement and zipped forward, purposely slapping his tail on the water to splash Iorveth.

Rey'vas' eyes light up as the pot was extended to her, and without hesitation she took it into her hands, and even peered inside at the egg nestled in the sand inside. She dared a light touch to the surface, feeling the warmth beneath her finger, before cradling the pot with both hands closer to herself.

"Still, thank you. Between this, you taking the letter to the Weyr for me, and helping with my absurd mother, I feel like I owe you a lot," she admitted, looking back up and smiling at Inez, truly happy in this moment. "When do you think it'll hatch?"
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Shaihulud

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:59 pm

After the splash at him, Iorveth realised Dalfonvis would have quite the advantage if he kept strictly to the sea. Rather than wade out and swim at the mercy of the pearl, Iorveth began to pick up the pace and bat his wings until he took the skies in a gentle glide over the water. He offer croons to the water, curious as to whether or not his new friend might be up for a game of aerial tag. Once he spotted the shimmer, he gained some air, and then rocketed down, diving deep into the depths after the pearl.

Briefly did Inez narrow her eyes on the brown who played so enthusiastically with the pearl. You know... I still have to ride you after this. Please give yoruself some time to dry.

At least Rey'vas took the egg. Inez was pleased by the fact Rey'vas accepted the gift, and was even thankful the girl was willing. She trusted the girl would give the hatchling a good home and take good care of them.

"Still, thank you. Between this, you taking the letter to the Weyr for me, and helping with my absurd mother, I feel like I owe you a lot."

A slight frown escaped the brownrider at the mention of Shreya. Honestly, Inez blamed herself for even letting the woman make it to the Flotilla. At least she had kept a way since that day, giving Rey'vas the space and security she needed.

"When do you think it'll hatch?"

"Soon, about four or five days, I imagine. The rest will be handed out soon." Politely, she hooked an arm behind her back, turning her posture one of noble stature. "I assume you know how to impress to a firelizard?" Though Inez would not assume ignorance on Rey'vas's behalf, she also did understand this was her first firelizard.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 pm

As Iorveth rose to a glide over the water, Dalfonvis' eyes whirled with excitement before he dove under the water. There he swam below the surface, looking up and waiting to see what his brown companion would do. When Iorveth dove in, Dalfonvis was surprised but tried to shoot away. However, Iorveth was a large beast and fast to react, so he was able to tag Dalfonvis' tail. He popped his head out and whistled again before spraying a thin spout of water at the brown when he surfaced.

When Inez had given a look at the dragon and pearl, Rey'vas did the same, but just chuckled at their shenanigans, used to seeing dragonkin playing in the ocean. When she answered her question she couldn't help but smile, clearly excited by the prospect of the egg hatching in just a few days. When asked about bonding, she nodded.

"I believe so. You feed them when they hatch, correct," she questioned to make sure she knew correctly. She's grown up with 'lizards about, her mother had even had a few herself, but this was the first one that would be hers, so she wanted to be sure she knew right, so Inez's precious gift wouldn't go to waste.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image