That Knowing Look - Ember | K'rios

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:04 pm

Though he swore he would speak to the Weyrleaders, something still did not settle well with Faveonn. It... felt wrong, though why, the girl simply could not entirely say why. Would she call him a liar? No... but it did not mean she would not ask him later, to see what the Weyrleaders said. She also would not forget about Solai, check on her, confirm she was safe...

"For now though, allow me and the others in that room to take care of this, Fav. You have to do that for me, okay?"

"She's my family too, you know," she pointed out rather bitterly. As the healer of the family, next to her own mother, Faveonn felt rather sour about the feeling that her father wanted Faveonn to step aside so adults could deal with the matter of her aunt. She understood her father loved Solai, but... shards why did something feel so horribly wrong? "Just don't expect me step away from here and pretend like nothing is happening."

Whatever it was, Faveonn could not tell what, but she specifically felt as though her father was trying to hide something from her. Maybe he assumed she was too young to understand, or was trying to protect her in some way, but the healer did not care about his reasons, for it hurt her regardless.

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:47 am

He knew that Solai was her family too, but this was not something she was going to be allowed to get herself involved in. She was too young, and she was... this was his daughter. if it were one of her sisters, he would be saying the same thing to one of them that he was saying to her. "Trust me, Fav. I know what I'm doing." The fact of the matter was that he had no idea what he was doing, but he had to try and place a sense of confidence in her, he had to present that.

Maybe it wasn't seeming that way, but there was nothing that could be done about it right now. Nothing at all. So rather than continuing to press the lie, he said looked down at her and said simply. "I'll tell you someday. Just not now. Leave it at that. Please." Please let her leave it at that...

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Shaihulud

Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:54 am

"Trust me, Fav. I know what I'm doing." His reply sounded like vehemence, of a father telling his daughter "because I told you so" as a reason for obedience so he did not have to explain himself and his shortcomings, to reveal he was just as scared and confused as she was. Unfortunately, K'rios's response settled sourly with Faveonn, and only fuelled her suspicions that something was very wrong with the circumstances. He knew something, and it was bad... possibly dangerous... but he withheld the truth because he did not trust Faveonn to be an adult about this despite everything that had happened. "I'll tell you someday. Just not now. Leave it at that. Please."

Such a thing was not an easy request to make of Faveonn. Once she set her mind to something, she did not resign herself with ease. Instead, her anger flared that her father would treat her like some naive child. "Someday? Shards, I'm not a kid anymore. You act like I can't understand, or I'm too immature to know, but the only reason we even know about each other is because I can tell when 'adults' are hiding something from me that they shouldn't. Telling me that you'll explain yourself someday doesn't make it better. Something is wrong, I can feel it. I just wish you actually trusted me enough to tell me after all the trust I've put in you." She trusted K'rios before she ever knew him, fought her mother to know the man her mother hid her from. Her instinct told her K'rios was a good man, and she trusted those feelings. So why could he not do the same to her and realise he could trust her in turn?

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:49 pm

She didn't understand though. If he told her, her life would be put into a dangerous place and he could not do that. He glanced at her, his mind a tumult of emotions and thoughts. If only his father were here to descend wisdom upon the situation, but even then, he could almost hear what L'van would say - "You are her father. It is up to you to guide her."

But he did not wish to guide her down a path that might take her life. He would not do that. He grit his teeth together behind tightly pressed lips and closed his eyes. Iktomith was too occupied with Tyreth... He rubbed a hand roughly over his face and let out a single question that he didn't really want to ask. But if it would give her the satisfaction of knowing something, then perhaps it would ease the pressure from the situation. "If I told you some of what was going on without going into details that you can't know, would that be enough?"

Image x4
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Shaihulud

Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:36 pm

"If I told you some of what was going on without going into details that you can't know, would that be enough?"

He offered something dangerous and tempting. If she took it, Faveonn knew she would have to keep herself from asking more, but such things were made difficult by the fact her natural inclinations might attempt to take control. Bits and pieces never satisfied her, not when her need to protect flared vehemently within her. Information always gave rise to questions, and once that door was opened...

Mayfly nosed at her thigh and settled once again. The sensation of the firelizard's shifts drew Faveonn's attention away from her fixating thoughts, at least long enough to earn the green a gentle scratch of her back. And then her mind returned to her predicament.

But if he said nothing, her thoughts continued, Faveonn would be left in the dark, a circumstance that unsettled her even more so. Was it best to know little rather than nothing? After come consideration, she decided to take a gamble with herself. "It'll be enough," she lied more to herself than to him, for she wanted to believe she could keep the promise.