A Second Attempt is in Order - Kate | A'ric

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:35 pm

The smirk that slipped along her lips was difficult to conceal, especially when A'ric looked back to her. For the first time, the mica orbs sparked with mirth as she regarded the bronzerider, though whether it was Dakel's words or A'ric merest presence that amused her remained to be seen. Whatever the reason for the rare smile, Novandra would not dare say, but the cause for it certainly excited her.

”I’m sorry this is taking so long. Would you mind terribly getting me a pair of trousers? I should probably at least do as he says and try it out.”

"Of course," Novandra nodded. Features schooled into all matters of seriousness... and yet she could not help but give A'ric the quickest glance as she passed him for the pile.

"You know, I think I have a better pair for him, and I left it on my desk. Would you mind retrieving those for us, Nova?"

"On the desk?" she asked with a quizzical note.

"Yes," he conceded. "Sadly, my arms are not nearly strong enough to carry them all, and I didn't think at the time that pair would be of use. Now that I see this strapping lad, however, I think they will actually suit him very well."

With a nod, Novandra was off to collect those trousers down the corridor.

Now the bronzerider was at Dakel's mercy.

The tailor paged through the garments hung up along the racks, looking for more suitable attire for the bronzerider to try. With Novandra absent, he could not help but tease the man. "Flirting with the staff, I see." Before A'ric could deny it, Dakel gave A'ric a knowing look.
Kate

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:33 pm

While those dark eyes did not miss the smile that came to Novandra’s face, the bronze rider did not bring any kind of attention to it. It was nice to see that she was having a fun time, even with all the work she was doing. On second thought though, maybe this wasn’t as much work as he seemed to think it was. Either way, she seemed to be enjoying herself, and after what had happened last time, he was glad to see that.

Aric really hated feeling like a bother, but it did surprisingly make him feel a little better when Dakel asked her to go to his desk and grab a few pairs that he had left there. Before the bronze rider could do it say anything, the young woman was off, fathering the items that the two men had requested.

For a brief moment, the man returned his attention to the jerkin he was wearing, wondering to himself if he liked it enough to actually purchase it. A look of shock came to his features as he heard what the tailor said next, and he couldn’t help but blush just a little.

At the look he was given, he blushed just a little deeper before shaking his head. ”Honestly I’m not. I’m no good at that kind of thing anyway. So even if I was trying, I doubt it would go anywhere.”

Sure, he thought she was pretty, but she was pregnant, which means there was obviously a man in the picture already, and r was not one to get in the middle.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shaihulud

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:55 pm

”Honestly I’m not. I’m no good at that kind of thing anyway. So even if I was trying, I doubt it would go anywhere.”

Dakel gave a laugh at the young man as he gathered some pins and stepped back to A'ric's side. "Honestly, you could have fooled me," the tailor replied. "Though Nova is horrible at hiding it. I can tell she fancies you," he continued, spilling all her little secrets like the deviously little man that he was. "I haven't seen that woman smile so much since they brought in the ball of sea silk for her." And sea silk was one of the most precious textiles to work with, as well as the more expensive and most rare. Of course the woman smiled when it arrived. "And aside from that and you, I've never seen her smile."

He pinched at the fabrics of the attire A'ric wore, and pinned them. It seemed the tailor was making adjustments to the jerkin so that it fit like a glove on the bronzerider.

"I have it on good authority to tell you she is... unattached... So if you are the honourable sort held back from such things, I tell you now it is no obstacle."

"What is no obstacle," Novandra asked as walked gracelessly back into the room and offered Dakel the pair of trousers he requested.

"Oh nothing, my dear. We were merely talking about any adjustments A'ric might require for his jerkin. I can work with anything," he lied so sweetly before returning to the bronzerider.

With a shake of her head and the broadest smile that caused her dark eyes to come to life, Novandra unknowingly confirmed that which Dakel had spoken of prior to her return. "He truly can work with anything, A'ric. If you like it and the fabric, he can make the needed adjustments without ruining it." She seemed to realise what came next, and took hold of some implements from her desk and stepped out. "I'll give you some privacy to change," she assured him before stepping back out once more.

"Thank you, Nova," Dakel replied as the weaver slipped out. Once she was out of earshot, he said it. "See? I told you she fancies you."
Kate

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:03 pm

Raising an eyebrow, the bronze rider found himself a bit confused. Did Dakel really think he was actually trying to fool him? He could guarantee that wasn't the case, at all. A'ric did find it a bit funny that the tailor told him that the woman fancied him. It wasn't really his place to say, was it? If Nova liked him, she should be able to tell him. Then again, how could either of them really know if they liked each other? They'd only met a total of three times. There was no way for them to know, not at this point in time anyway. That was how the tailor could tell Nova fancied him? Because she smiled a lot? At first, the bronze rider found himself doubtful about this, until he thought on it more. He did guess it made sense.

Since the man was so lost in his thoughts, it took him a moment to comprehend what the other man had just said. All this time, the bronze rider has just kind of assumed that since Nova was pregnant, that she was with someone. Obviously that was not the case. Maybe that did change things a little, but honestly not enough for the man to say or do anything different, at least not for the time being.

As Nova left, be couldn’t stop himself from chuckling softly at her slight embarrassment. He didn’t mean to, but it was so cute that it was funny. Dark eyes watched her as she left and then his attention was turned from her as Dakel started to speak once again. Blushing slightly he just shook his head. ”I think both of us are imagining things honestly.”

Looking at the trousers he looked at the other man and said, ”So which pair do you think I should try on first?”
Shaihulud

Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:11 am

”I think both of us are imagining things honestly.”

The tailor could not help but snicker, for everything he saw told him otherwise. It was the blush of his bronzed complexion that gave the man away. "Whatever you say, Weyrsecond," Dakel replied in a manner of concluding the subject, though it was clear his mind had been made up. Though he would no longer push, what had been said hung out there now, permeating in the air in a way that positively tickled the tailor.

”So which pair do you think I should try on first?”

"Hmmm..." was the man's immediate answer. It took but a breath for him to move his mind back to work, and with ease, his fashionable mind decided on which pair provided the best cut for the jerkin he wore. "This one. It'll make your rear look taut." Though uncouth to say, it certainly was true, and gave hint as to where Dakel might come from. To be so bold suggested he was a weyrbred man for certain. "Though we will most certainly have to change the colours," he continued as he handed over the trousers to the man. "So... you have a preference for blue?" He believed he heard Novandra correctly, though honestly, A'ric seemed like the blue sort.
Kate

Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:14 am

Dark eyes glanced at the tailor once more, wondering if the subject would drop. Sure, Novandra was cute, he would admit that. But flirting with her at her place of work was something he would not admit to. Mostly because he didn’t believe that it was very professional. He would just have to keep that in mind for the next time he had to get new clothes, if the woman was still here at that point. Also, as much as it had shocked him, he had found that he had been slightly relieved when he heard that she was not seeing anyone. At least now, he guessed he could ask her to dinner or something, and not feel terrible about it.

Luckily, the trousers seemed to take both men’s mind off what they had been talking about before. Once Dakel settled on a pair of them to try on first, although he stopped short of grabbing them as he tried, unsuccessfully, to hold back a chuckle. Although A’ric was used to having people say stuff like that, he was still couldn’t help bu think it was funny. Although at the same time, he knew if he hadn’t been fighting back a chuckle, he probably would have ended up blushing again. While he was not into men for the time being, he knew he could be in the Weyr. He just hadn’t gotten there yet.

”Well, I guess, thanks? Means I can get more girls, and guys, I guess.” Grinning as they mentioned the color he said, ”Yes, I am indeed a blue kind of person although if you have anything you think would be better I’m open to them. I’m not really picky when it comes to things like that.”

While he let the tailor think about that, he quickly changed into the trousers and found that they fit very well, or at least he thought they did anyway. Looking at the tailor he waited to see what the professional had to say about it.”[/b]
Shaihulud

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:09 pm

”Well, I guess, thanks? Means I can get more girls, and guys, I guess.”

"Oh? If that's the case, please kind sir, take me to the feast with you," the tailor teased A'ric wickedly. How could he not when A'ric looked that good? But he meant nothing by it other than to get a rise out of the man. "Besides, wearing something like that, you'd definitely get me to say yes, whether or not you ask me nicely."

As A'ric confirmed his favourite colour was blue, Dakel made sure to make a mental note about it as he turned his head to look at some of the other garments he might press A'ric to try on. Once A'ric was finished, however, he looked back to the man and gave a nod. "Very fitting. Nova! You can come in now."

The weaver had stood just outside the room, letting A'ric have a bit of privacy as he changed into his trial attire and chat a bit with Dakel... thus giving her a chance to catch snippets here and there for all she tried not to listen. It made the weaver feel like she was dropping eaves on the conversation, even though it was not entirely her intention. Therefore, it was with relief that she was called out at to return to the room.

She nearly stumbled when she saw him, dark eyes widening in surprise at the very fit of his attire and how attractive he looked. Rather than give herself away, she ducked and moved over to the desk... not that she had anything she could do there. "Umm... was there any preference in fabrics?" she asked of both Dakel and A'ric, for she was willing to leave again, if only to recover herself from the fact A'ric looked rather striking in the tunic and trousers he wore. Though he had protested earlier, Novandra could not help but admire the fit of them.

"He does, but I'll get them. I have a vision, and I would like to see it come to fruition. And of course, you are on your feet too much, my dear girl. Sit down for a moment, and let me do some of the lifting. It'll give you a chance to enjoy what I've gotten to appreciate." With a wink to A'ric, he stepped away, leaving Novandra with the bronzerider.

And then it was just them.

Eyes went every which way, but not on A'ric. Just the sight of him looking so dapper was enough to make her smile, but she knew she should not. Perhaps it might be best for her to leave too, giving A'ric a moment... And yet... Doe brown eyes turned to him. This inevitably drew a smile upon her shapely lips before she glanced away and attempted to school her lips into a more neutral expression. The weaver failed in the attempt to calm her countenance. "Would you like anything at all while you wait?" she offered, yet he realised part of her hoped he would say no, and instead choose to keep her company.
Kate

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:33 am

Raising an eyebrow, the bronze rider could not stop himself from chuckling. While he wasn't into men, it was funny, and also a bit flattering, to hear another man say something like that. While it had used to bother him a little, it didn't anymore. After living in the Weyr all these years now, it came as no surprise to him when he heard other men, or anyone really, talk like this. He'd actually become quiet amused by it, and sometimes he even felt himself trying to joke back. Quiet honestly though, he had never really been very good at it. Grinning A'ric said, "Well, I will certainly keep that in mind. Although, I make no promises."

Novandra stepped back into the room, and all of a sudden, he found that his attention was all back on her once again. Even as he tried to not stare, he knew he was, if only for the briefest of moments. Once he almost caught her eye, but he quickly averted his gaze, just in time he figured. Dark eyes glanced up as she moved to her desk. Chuckling softly, he opened his mouth to answer her question, but Dakel was already taking care of that for him.

As Dakel left, A'ric could feel the heat rising in his cheeks once again. Now why did the tailor have to say something like that? Wouldn't it make this awkward? That was quiet honestly the last thing the bronze rider wanted to happen at this point. Finally Novandra spoke once again, and A'ric shook his head. " No, I don't need anything. I appreciate the offer though."

Stepping over towards her, he gave her a smile and said, "Not to overstep my bounds of anything, but is Dakel always like that? Not that I really mind, but man, he's a little, obvious? I guess you'd call it."
Shaihulud

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:48 pm

For but a breath, Novandra swore she saw him looking to her in a way that was not entirely nonchalant. Her own brown orbs fell at the realisation, if only to hide the fact she had done the same to him, but feared the idea of being caught. It was not her place, not when she swelled with pregnancy at five months. It simply was not her place.

When he turned down her offer, Novandra gave a nod of understanding. She did not want to press, especially since he had made his preferences known, but it left had a slight disadvantage. What else was she to say without fumbling in his presence? She felt the need to fill the gapping silence, if only to distract from the sudden blush she felt in her cheeks... a blush she swore she saw blossom upon his own countenance...

"Not to overstep my bounds of anything, but is Dakel always like that? Not that I really mind, but man, he's a little, obvious? I guess you'd call it."

"How so?" she asked, for she was not entirely certain she understood what A'ric was implying. And what did he mean by obvious? Did he mean about Dakel's flamboyant nature? Honestly, Novandra did not know what to think if that was a case, for there were many men like Dakel who lived within the culture comfort and acceptance of the weyr.
Kate

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:37 am

Once again, the bronze rider felt as though he was a younger man, always embarrassing himself, or something along those lines. No matter what, it always seemed to be like this for him. Even after having his own girlfriend for quiet a while, he was still nervous about speaking to other women. Was that a normal thing? Honestly he wanted to ask, but never found a good way to do it. If it was strange, he wanted to work on getting it figured out.

Shaking his head, he quickly pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. It was quiet apparent that he did not need to think about that right now. At this point, he really just needed to think about what was going on with the young woman in front of him. Maybe, eventually, he would end up asking her out, but, now as not the appropriate time, at least not in his opinion anyway.

Unconsciously, A’ric ran a hand across the back of his neck. It was something that he did when he was nervous, and while he hated it, he hadn’t quiet gotten rid of the habit yet. How was he going to explain this? Well, here went nothing he supposed. ”Just, the way he talks is so matter of fact. And, it seems as though he just says what’s on his mind, no matter what. Is he like that with all of his customers? Or is it just me?”

That was actually pretty accurate, without getting into all of the details about what they had been discussing. Since Novandra was pregnant, he didnt ant to get her upset, or stress her out any more than she already might be. For now, it would be better that way.