A Healthy Conversation - Kate | Devyn

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them
Tag Status: Permission Needed, otherwise Closed

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:12 pm

The way Devyn pressed into his palm caused Ambrosius to lean towards him in temptation. He should not have, and yet he had begun to give in, closing enough of the distance between them to feel the man's warmth radiate off his countenance. So close had the two men come that Ambrosius could even catch the faintest scent of the man, one that enticed Ambrosius in a way-

”Is it bad that I really want to kiss you right now? Does it scare you as much as it does me?”

His breathed hitched at the confession. "No, it doesn't scare me," Ambrosius answered as his lips glimpsed Devyn's own. "However, if it is so wrong to kiss you, I fear I am about to commit a grave sin." The dragonless man sealed his own confession with a kiss.

The gentle press caused the world to melt in away into oblivion. Even with but a simple press, the pliant lips flushed from the contact. For but a brief moment, Ambrosius pulled back, only to slip forward once more for a gentle dance of loving union. Yet Ambrosius remained careful, for he did not want to press Devyn. Though he wanted to hold the man close and reveal to him the depths of his love in a kiss, Ambrosius instead brushed a thumb against Devyn's cheek in loving indication, and rested a hand upon the man's heart, giving Devyn the reigns to break the kiss off entirely, or to hold Ambrosius close and commit this grave sin with him.
Kate
Tag Status:

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:53 am

Devyn could hear his boyfriend’s breath hitch, but at first he wondered if he had just imagined it. Some part of him expected Ambr to draw away from him at that confession, while the larger part of him hoped that he wouldn’t. He was pleasantly surprised when Ambr said it didn’t scare him. In scared Devyn in the sense that he was afraid to open up to someone again, scared that something terrible was going to happen again, tear away his happiness again. Quickly he forced those thoughts out of his head, knowing that deep down, this was the happiest he had been since Esca, and for a moment, that scared him as well. But he loved Ambr, he knew that deep down, but at the same time, he didnt want to use that word lightly, and hoped that he wasn't.

Finally, his boyfriend's voice actually registered, and he raised his eyebrows in a bit of shock. Had he really said it it did not scare him? As he finally comprehended the second part, a small grin made it's way to his face, just before Ambr pressed his lips against his. His lips were gentle, and more pleasant than he could have ever imagined. How had they not done this before?

Sensing Ambr pull away slightly, the man almost frowned, until he felt the once dragon rider step back to him. Grinning, he allowed his hand to move up and gently rest about the one on his cheek, and he eagerly returned the kiss, gently, softly. After a moment they finally broke apart and the chimera handler smiled softly. "Well, I, um, guess I can't say that Im scared to do that anymore."

Gently he leaned his head against his lover's sighing in contentment for the moment. "So, I guess, we are up to that point in our relationship now. I swear, nothing will keep me from doing that more now."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shaihulud

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:31 pm

His soul in that moment in a way it had not done in nearly a turn. Lips parted ever so gently with the loving surge of kisses, giving Ambrosious the faintest taste of the handler. The soft feel of those lips caught between his own intoxicated the dragonlessman, enough so that when the kiss finally broke, Ambrosius caught himself attempt to chase after those tempting lips before he regained himself and smile with the faintest blush upon his fair cheeks.

"Well, I, um, guess I can't say that Im scared to do that anymore."

Ambrosius wanted to kiss him again, to loss himself with Devyn once again. The brush of his fingers along Devyn's cheek said as much... and yet... Ambrosius held back. Instead, he recovered himself with brows pressed together.

"So, I guess, we are up to that point in our relationship now. I swear, nothing will keep me from doing that more now."

"Then I'll hold you do it," Ambrosius smiled back.

Being with Devyn was the only thing that made sense to Ambrosius any more. The man had become a balm to his soul and soothed him of the heartache that nearly drowned him into oblivion when Bowith past. Were it not for Devyn, the dragonless man did not know if he could have survived, thus he was grateful to have the handler in his life.

What did he do then? Should he pull away and continue walking with Devyn towards the stream? Part of him knew that he should step away, and yet he could not bring himself to, not when he finally found peace in this very moment.

The hand at Devyn's chest slipped up to the man's shoulder and down his arm, rubbing him in a loving manner. "I know I should step back and give you that space, but I can't seem to bring myself to..." he quietly confessed as his thumb brushed along the bicep. Part of him even felt the desire to lead Devyn back to his cabin, but he did not dare. His conscience warned it was far too soon for that, though his heart swore he was ready.
Kate
Tag Status:

Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:56 am

In all honesty, the kisses did indeed leave Devyn a bit breathless. It didn’t seem like it would have at first, but there was just something about it. Was it because he hadn’t really kissed anyone in a while? Or was it that connection that he felt with Ambr that made it feel like it took away his breath. And of course, it took away his breath in only the best of ways. While he didn’t know the answer for sure, he wasn’t going to ponder it to much. All he knew was this was the best he had felt in a long time. The chimera handler certainly wasn’t going to question the feeling, or let go of it. Already he just wanted to hold onto this as long as he could.

Leaning against the gentle touch of Ambr’s fingers on his cheek, he sighed softly in contentment. Everything was so good right now. Chuckling he couldn’t stop himself from grinning at his boyfriend. ”Oh you will, will you? I guess we will just have to see about that.”

Standing there with Ambr that close to him really did make him want to rush things a little, but he knew better. This was only the beginning, and there was really no need to rush. His attention was taken off of his thoughts though as a small shiver ran through him at his boyfriend’s touch. Quickly, the chimera handler got himself under control. It was just a simple touch, nothing more.

Once again he was able to pull himself from his thoughts as he heard true man’s voice. Smiling softly, blue eyes just looked at him with affection. ”You don’t have to worry. If I wanted my space, I would have moved already. I actually find this quiet cozy.” While the dark haired man actually wanted to bring the fair haired man even closer to him, he refrained.

After a few moments of just standing together in silence, Devyn took a breath, and said, ”I have to admit, this feels perfect. But, we should probably finish our walk. Our destination sounded so beautiful, and once we get there we can hold each other some more if we wanted.”
Shaihulud

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:44 pm

~music~

Ambrosius could not help but sigh with Devyn, only to smile lovingly at the handler who had brought him to such a state of peace in this moment. Fingers continued to brush against his cheek and down along his jaw, feeling the slightest hint of stubble prickle along the skin. The dragonless man could not recall a time when he had felt it before. And when Devyn chuckled, not only did the sounds appeal to his ears like a song, but the rumble of such a pleasant sound hummed delicately against the fingers at cheek.

”Oh you will, will you? I guess we will just have to see about that.”

So many things could have been said at that moment, but Ambrosius was not the sort to dare him into action. The kiss still remembered by his lips, the delicate tingle enveloped by a lingering warmth, was enough to satiate Ambrosius... at least for now.

But the evening was far too young to foresee future kisses. Before the night ended, the dragonless man was certain several more would be shared between them.

”You don’t have to worry. If I wanted my space, I would have moved already. I actually find this quite cozy.”

The response drew those fingers from his cheek to his chest, brushing a thumb across the spot just over Devyn's heart. They did not have to leave. They could stay right here, just the two of them. Ambrosius was tempted to suggest such a thing aloud, but the hander spoke first.

”I have to admit, this feels perfect-" shards but did Ambrosius feel the want to kiss him for that, yet he refrained "- But, we should probably finish our walk. Our destination sounded so beautiful, and once we get there we can hold each other some more if we wanted.”

Ambrosius gave him the softest kiss at the corner of his mouth. "That sounds perfect." Only then could he bring himself to pull away, though fingers remained intertwined with the handler's own. While Ambrosius could no longer hold them, it did not mean they could not have this.

The path they took was narrow and nearly hidden, but Ambrosius frequented it enough that his daily steps had worn snaking brown trail through the vegetation. Green eyes spotted it with ease as they cut through the towering verdant. Ferns spanned from the ground nearly to eye length. Even Devyn, for all he stood only several finger tips taller than Ambrosius, would find the unfurled fronds reach nearly eye length for him. They were a forest in of themselves among the towering trees of the woods, harbouring a plethora of life that scattered as they approached. They made Ambrosius feel at home, reminding him of the ferns of his childhood back in Nabol. As a child, he ran often through the forests and hid among the tall ferns during games with other children in neighbouring cotholds. These ferns that they stood among now, they were not entirely the same, for their leaves were different, more narrow than the fanning fractal sorts he was accustomed to back in Nabol, but they still brought him a comfort, one that he dared to share with Devyn.

"When I was a child, I use to live near woods similar to this one." Did he dare say it? He wet his lips nervously before he continued. "It was in Nabol, and I spent several very wonderful turn there before the bandits came. I had to leave as Ambrosius soon after, and travelled across the North as part of a caravan for a time before I wound up in Benden with Lady Inez and Lady Rhianwen. But... I never forgot Nabol, even when I should have. I... don't really tell many people where I'm from, maybe because it was so long ago, and I've had to hide for so long before B-" he paused for but a moment only to commit to what he was going to say "-before Bowith."

Ambrosius hoped Devyn understood why he was admitting to his upbringing to Devyn. The man had become so dear and precious to him that he wanted the man to know everything about him, and wanted to know everything about Devyn in turn. They had learned so much, but it still did not seem like nearly enough.
Kate
Tag Status:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:50 pm

Blue eyes danced with the challenge he had issued. Of course he had only been joking, although part of him wondered if he had been completely joking. The other part of the chimera handler knew that if Ambr had pushed, there was no telling what would happened. Although, truth be told, Devyn figured that there was still no telling what might happen.

Devyn felt a slight shiver move through him as his boyfriend moved his hand from his cheek, down to his chest, settling just over his heart. With just the slightest bit of hesitation, he let his own hand move to cover Ambr’s. It honestly just felt right in that moment.

The chimera handler’s heart skipped a beat as Ambr gently kissed the corner of his mouth. This time, Devyn did not even get to react to it before his boyfriend spoke. Slowly the two moved apart, although it made him smile when he realied that their hands remained entangled together. They stayed like this as they walked, and that made the chimera handler even happier than he thought he could be.

It was a beautiful walk, and it seemed to be going a little more quickly than the chimera handler would have thought, but he really didn’t mind. Sharp blue eyes shot to look at Ambr as he began talking about his earlier life. It honestly shocked Devyn, but he was glad they could talk about it. It did feel good to know that Ambr now trusted him enough to tell him more about himself.

Gently he squeezed his boyfriend’s hand. ”I’m sorry. I wish we could go back there together. It sounds like an amazing place. But, we will make some amazing memories of our own here, don’t you think?”
Shaihulud

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:58 pm

”I’m sorry. I wish we could go back there together."

Don't apologise... I don't want to go back with you here with me... he wanted to say, but Devyn was so quick to speak that Ambrosius could not find the words fast enough. Regardless of his inability to insert his words with the rapidity that Devyn showed,, however, his fingers did manage to tighten about Devyn's own, if only to silently signify that only the handler mattered the world to him. While he missed the nostalgia of his childhood, that existence was a lifetime ago.

"It sounds like an amazing place. But, we will make some amazing memories of our own here, don’t you think?”

Green eyes turned up to regard the man, and for a moment as they walked, it seemed as though Ambrosius might slow their steps again, if only to face him and steal a second kiss. However, he did not dare. Instead, he expanded on that which Devyn said, "I think we've already made a few memories here. The tavern-" he gave a small laugh over their first encounter with each other, which ended up in a bar fight with a drunken brownrider slumped between them "-Turns end... your firelizard, Esca... the bath house... the sparring circle..."

With ease could Ambrosius recall all their moments together. Each one he kept stored away in his mind, a constant reminder of all the little encounters with a man who meant the world to him.

"My apologies..." he bashfully averted his eyes away from him. "I just never realised all of that would have culminated to this moment."

Right as he spoke, the leaves began to rustle, not from the wind, but from a gentle shower of rain. The trees provided them with shelter, though the occasional droplet trickled upon them.
Kate
Tag Status:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:13 am

Blue eyes glanced at his boyfriend as his hand tightened around his, and the chimera handler smiled back softly, giving a quick squeeze of his own hand back. For a moment though, he wondered if he even should have said anything about going back. Had he even stopped to think about the fact that the other man might not have wanted to return, even if he had loved the place? Since Ambr did not say anything, the handler could only assume that it had neither been right or wrong to say it. If Ambr ever wanted to go though, Devyn would have no problem going with him.

As the once rider began speaking, Devyn found his mind going to each and every thing that Ambr mentioned, a smile coming to his face. Thinking about each other them, it made him smile and he couldn’t help but chuckle. Those were not exactly what you would call “romantic” moments, but the chimera handler knew how. He felt about them. They were all moments that led up to THIS moment. Them being together. Finally finding each other after everything that had happened to the two of them, separately.

Shaking his head,, he gave his boyfriend’s hand one more squeeze. ”There is nothing to apologize for Ambr. I never would have guessed that all of that would have left to this either, but I can honestly say that I’m sure glad it did.” That was the god’s honest truth. After Esca, Devyn had been sure that he would never find anyone ever again. He was pretty sure that Ambr felt that way about Sid’nis and Bowith. Loosing both of them had to have taken more of a toll on him than Devyn just loosing Esca.

As he heard the leaves rustle, he looked, and was surprised to find that it was raining. Luckily, they were under the trees. ”Well, I guess we won’t be going anywhere for a while. This looks like a good time to just sit and be with each other.”
Shaihulud

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:50 am

Ambrosius never guessed, but he certainly hoped. It was at turns end that he finally began to realise his feelings for Devyn had become more than those for a simple friend. He cared for the man. Over a turn later, he now found himself hand in hand with the man. How could he not appreciate this moment? especially after everything lost. Devyn was the gem in his life, one he would always keep close to his heart and cherished.

”Well, I guess we won’t be going anywhere for a while. This looks like a good time to just sit and be with each other.”

A small chuckle escaped Ambrosius as he gave Devyn a small tug of his hand in order to coax the man to continue down the trail, rain or not. But the offer made by Devyn proved far too tempting. Ambrosius found he could only comply with the handler's wishes. Step by step he moved back to Devyn, and slipped into his arms as his own wrapped about the man's waist. It was here that Ambrosius was able to nuzzle his head into the curve between Devyn's shoulder and neck, and press a light kiss. "I was going to say a little bit of rain isn't going to do us any harm, though I must admit this is nice..."

How many turns had past since he had last been held like this? Last been touched? Sid'nis was nothing more than a distant memory to Ambrosius, one he had come to forget as often as he could for the fact he no longer mattered. Instead, part of him wished it had been Devyn he had known all those turns ago. How different would my life had been? Ambrosius wondered as he allowed his fingers to rest upon the low back of the handler.
Kate
Tag Status:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:08 pm

Blue eyes danced with curiosity as he felt Ambr tug on his hand. For a moment, the man was sorely tempted to follow his boyfriend out onto the rain. While he had to admit that the thought it if wasn’t exactly pleasing to him, just the thought of doing t with Ambr made him stop and think. Before he could move though, Ambr was sliding back under the tree and wrapping his arms around him. For the barest moment, he felt himself stiffen, but quickly allowed himself to relax. A shiver courses through him as he felt Ambr’s delicate lips on his neck.

Chuckling softly as his lover spoke, the chimera handler replied, ”I know the rain wouldn’t kill us, but it is a very good excuse to just hold each other. And I do agree that this is indeed very nice.” Although it was a bit cautiously, the chimera handler allowed himself to wrap his arms around his boyfriend, pulling him a bit closer to him. Taking in a deep breath, finding the scent oddly calming already.

After a moment he pulled away slightly, keeping ahold of his hand as he gestured for him to sit down. ”Might as well get comfortable right? We can talk, or just be together. Whichever you want to do.”