Broken Bolts and Spilt Secrets - Parker, Ember, Kate

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them
Tag Status: Permission Needed, otherwise Closed

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:53 pm

It had been some time since D'ran had seen his old friend, A'ric. Looking to his fellow bronzerider, the aged Wallese knew not what to say to make matters any better, not when their friend had found herself so grievously injured. Instead, all he could do was support Solai and help Sid'nis where he could, to do his part to help all of them through this.

He stepped aside, moving so that K'rios could be closest to Solai while he continued to hold her opposing hand, praying to himself all the while that the goddess gave her the power to live.

Please... please don't let her go.

D'ran had known the girl since she was a child, the little girl who sneaked onto the hatching sands to see the clutch that would bear Nagath, a girl who doted on his dragon during weyrlinghood, and kept the bronze company while he was imprisoned. Solai, even as a child, had left a lasting impression on the man, one strong enough for him to recognise her turns later as an adult. A strong woman who fought for the cause. It never dawned on him that she might die for it.
The shock was beginning to overcome her, blurring her senses as Sid'nis wiped at her wound.

Stay with me. Please don't go...

I'm here, Ty, I'm here... but only barely. Her reality began to haze, making it harder for her to hold on when sleep felt far more inviting.

Please don't. I don't want to lose you like Bowith lost A'rosius. Please don't leave me...

She had to stay strong, for Tyreth. Solai had to hold on.

For K'rios.

She felt the belt placed between her teeth, though she only weakly bit at it when all sense was leaving her. But she felt his presence and the hold of her hand between his own. Green eyes turned up to him, the fear of death palpable...

"Don't you do this to me, you hear me?"

Her lips trembled as tears renewed the streams that trickled out of the corners of her eyes.

"You stay with me, Solai, with us, with everyone. We need you. I need you."

Where once the moisture trickled, now in flowed... up until that moment when tweezers reached into the wound to pull out the splinters. Teeth bore down upon the leather straps as she screamed out once more. This time, the leathers muffled the outcries, preventing them from reaching the ears of curious or worried neighbours.

Outside, Tyreth kept quiet and curled tight under Iktomith's wing. She calmed herself and Solai as best as she could, for all her hide had become visibly pale from the burden of worry.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him
Tag Status: Open Permission Needed

Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:07 pm

Sid'nis tried to be as gentle as possible as he removed the splintered pieces that he could see. There was only one problem...he could not see the end of the bolt's arrowhead, so he wasn't going to just try and yank it out. "Keep holding on, Solai, I'm going to have to do something that won't be very pleasant." He looked at the others around her and nodded at them. He would need their help to keep Solai strong.

The first thing he wanted to do was get most of the shaft out of his way without pulling it out. Sid was not the most practiced at this technique, but he understood how to do it. All that was left was to pray he could do it quickly and correctly. First, he was as gentle as he could be to snip the shaft of the bolt and not jostle it too much. "I need to make some things for a minute. If you need water or anything else I'm sure these fine men will take care of you. I promise it won't be long." Sid assured her before he gathered some more things.

As fast as he could, Sid began to make wooden probes wrapped in clean linen and then rolled first in redwort to disinfect it and then in numbweed to hopefully help with the pain inside. "Okay, ready. Just hang on, okay." He prepared her before he started doing anything. Slowly, using the wooden probes, he began making the wound wider, gently removing any splinter he came across. When he had probed down to the base of the wound, he used some specific tongs to reach the end of the arrowhead. Slowly but as fast as he could safely, he got the rest of the arrow out.

Once he was sure there was nothing left in her belly, he began cleaning the entire wound and slathering it with numbweed. "All finished, I just need to bandage you up now." He said as he kept pressure on the wound. "Would one of you boys keep this pressed down? And I'll get the bandages."
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:40 am

It was over. The splinters were out and K'rios was able to let up on the belt. He tossed it aside and leaned down to press his lips to her damp forehead with a sob that he choked down. Faranth, that had been rough on them both, more so her, but he was shaking, something she'd likely feel as he held onto her for a moment. "I'm here." He murmured to her. "I'm here." He kissed her temple and glanced up when Sid spoke, then nodded. "I have it." He was going to take care of her as much as he was able to, in whatever capacity he could.

Moving over to the bluerider, the pewterrider took hold of the covering that was keeping the pressure over her wound, and looked down at her face. He tried to find something to say to make her smile, but found he could barely force a curled expression on his own face, not even when he looked at her, which he did the entire time he rested next to her, his hands pressing down against her. "You're going to get spoiled by me as you recover. You realize that don't you?" He managed a small smile at that, knowing it would likely drive her crazy being waited on hand and foot.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Kate
Tag Status:

Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:19 am

Dark eyes looked at Solai, a frown on his face. What exactly had happened? While he desperately wanted to know, he knew better than to ask right now. Everyone was busy doing their own things, trying to help. Honestly, the man felt terribly guilty that he hadn’t done more. Sure, he had gotten the water for them, but that was honestly all he had don, and he felt he should be doing more to help his friend. Then again though, there was already more than enough people here, and there was a partner of him that knew he should probably just try and stay out of the way for now

So for the time being, he just tried to focus on breathing and whispering under his breath to Solai to pull through. Looking at K’rios, he knew what it would do to his friend. The pewter rider cared deeply for Solai, and while they would all be devastated, but it would hit K’rios the hardest.

Finally it seemed as though they had done everything they could, so the bronze rider let out a small breath that he hadn’t really meant to hold, or even known he was holding. Gently he put a hand on his friend’s shoulder and said, ”She’ll be alright now K’rios. We all know she is a fighter. If you need anything, you know all you have to do is ask. We are all here for you.”
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shaihulud

Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:48 am

Helplessly did D'ran watch Solai battle her sobs, only to give in. She kept herself as close to K'rios as she could, though no words truly managed to escape her during the entirety of the surgery, not with the leathers still grasped between her teeth. But when Sid'nis finally managed to remove the shaft and barb, D'ran slowly came to ease, as did the rest of the room. Though still visibly pale and worn, Solai had faced the worst of it, and with a bit of fellis, she would soon be able to rest.

With a squeeze to K'rios's shoulder, a glance to Solai, and a nod to Sid'nis, he stepped to A'ric and motioned with his head to the other side of the room. Right now, K'rios needed that time with Solai while Sid'nis sutured her, and soon, she would be asleep.

"We need to get Inez and N'kili,. I need to speak with them," he whispered to A'ric. "What happened in Walled, it's bad." How else was he to emphasise his concern? D'ran had never been the most eloquent, but sometimes straight forward was better than gentle words.

A glance was passed over his shoulder to Solai, Sid'nis and K'rios before he looked back to A'ric, the worry evident in his eyes. Though Solai was safe, the future had become dark and daunting, enough to leave the bronzerider restless. He needed to get back to Walled, to Charmaine, to his children. After what happened, he had to get his family to safety, for he knew in his heart they were all in danger.

Kate
Tag Status:

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:30 am

Dark eyes kept going back to Solai, a look of almost helplessness in them. That was quite unusual for the bronze rider, who normally had himself together, or at least, that was how it usually appeared. It was not like him to show his emotions, but when it came to Solai, at least this time, he could not help it. They hadn’t exactly been friends for that long of a time, but with what the two of them were involved in, he was probably a little closer to her than most of his other friends.

His attention was quickly turned elsewhere as D’ran set his hand on his shoulder. Dark eyes looked at the other man, and he could not help but attempt to give even the smallest smile. It had been a while since he had seen the man. They had told Aric that the other bronze was involved with the cause, but this was the first time Aric had actually seen the man since he signed up for or it.

Without saying a word he followed his friend over into the corner and listened to what he had to satay. Nodding in agreement, he didn’t say anything right away, but his dark eyes also moved back to Solai, and he found himself wondering once again how exactly this had happened. While he wanted to know, he decided it would probably be better not to ask

Finally he said, ”I can have Behemoth send word, or I can personally go and get them. If you need to get back, I can take care of it. If you are leaving though, be careful. It was great to get to see you again after all these Turns.”

Somehow, he could tell that his friend wanted to kind of get going back to Walled. He thought he remembered hearing that he had a family, so of course, A'ric didnt blame him. "If you are eager to get back to Walled, just let me know. I can help in any way you need me to, you know that."

Image x9
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shaihulud

Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:16 pm

D'ran was thankful for A'ric's help. Once Solai was sutured and safely moved to her room, D'ran sent off Hilt to bring in Inez and the others. They all convened in Solai's living room, where D'ran explained the situation. It was dire, but with quick thinking, they might be able to overcome the ramifications of the circumstances. K'rios was to stay close to Solai, above all, while A'ric was to work with Inez in coordinating the group back in the weyr. If they were cautious and patient, and with a bit of luck, they would escape this incident unscathed aside from the injury inflicted upon Solai.

Just before his departure, D'ran gave A'ric a strong hung. "Watch over them. Keep them safe," he asked of his fellow bronzerider and old classmate. After several handshakes and assurances to the others, D'ran departed on Nagath, and returned to Aniday.

It was the last time they would ever see D'ran.

{fin}