Broken Bolts and Spilt Secrets - Parker, Ember, Kate

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:53 pm

It had been some time since D'ran had seen his old friend, A'ric. Looking to his fellow bronzerider, the aged Wallese knew not what to say to make matters any better, not when their friend had found herself so grievously injured. Instead, all he could do was support Solai and help Sid'nis where he could, to do his part to help all of them through this.

He stepped aside, moving so that K'rios could be closest to Solai while he continued to hold her opposing hand, praying to himself all the while that the goddess gave her the power to live.

Please... please don't let her go.

D'ran had known the girl since she was a child, the little girl who sneaked onto the hatching sands to see the clutch that would bear Nagath, a girl who doted on his dragon during weyrlinghood, and kept the bronze company while he was imprisoned. Solai, even as a child, had left a lasting impression on the man, one strong enough for him to recognise her turns later as an adult. A strong woman who fought for the cause. It never dawned on him that she might die for it.
The shock was beginning to overcome her, blurring her senses as Sid'nis wiped at her wound.

Stay with me. Please don't go...

I'm here, Ty, I'm here... but only barely. Her reality began to haze, making it harder for her to hold on when sleep felt far more inviting.

Please don't. I don't want to lose you like Bowith lost A'rosius. Please don't leave me...

She had to stay strong, for Tyreth. Solai had to hold on.

For K'rios.

She felt the belt placed between her teeth, though she only weakly bit at it when all sense was leaving her. But she felt his presence and the hold of her hand between his own. Green eyes turned up to him, the fear of death palpable...

"Don't you do this to me, you hear me?"

Her lips trembled as tears renewed the streams that trickled out of the corners of her eyes.

"You stay with me, Solai, with us, with everyone. We need you. I need you."

Where once the moisture trickled, now in flowed... up until that moment when tweezers reached into the wound to pull out the splinters. Teeth bore down upon the leather straps as she screamed out once more. This time, the leathers muffled the outcries, preventing them from reaching the ears of curious or worried neighbours.

Outside, Tyreth kept quiet and curled tight under Iktomith's wing. She calmed herself and Solai as best as she could, for all her hide had become visibly pale from the burden of worry.