Vuja De - Kate | Gavael

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:46 pm

Faveonn was still smoothing out portions of her when the door opened. Fingers froze in place along the folds of her skirt. His narrow face, his head of curls, his tall frame. Why did her heart suddenly make those skips in her chest? Yes, he was handsome, but was it normal to feel her cheeks flush simply at the merest sight of him?

As Emalia spoke to him, Faveonn's dual toned eyes slipped to the floor, if only to hide the fact she blushed so deeply. On her pale cheek, she knew it could he easily seen. Yet ears still net those things Emalia said to Gavael.

Gav?

Emalia must have known him especially well to be using nick names. How well they knew each other, Faveonn could not tell for sure, though she did quietly remind herself they both grew up together in Atricis, so of course they were familiar if not friendly with each other. Emalia even seemed acquainted enough with Gavael to tease him, though Faveonn knew that he would not harm her and that Emalia would do nothing to him even if he did.

Whatever the relationship, Faveonn saw that telling frown. He was not pleased by what Emalia said, even if he nodded in response. Later, Faveonn would ask why, and clarify whether or not he was all right. However, when his grey eyes looked back to her, Faveonn could not help but hold her breath.

"You look nice. Ready to go get something to eat?"

A smile revealed itself to him as eyes sparked with the mirth he invoked with his merest presence. "Yes," she replied. And once more she felt that sudden sense of elation that nearly intoxicated her.

"You two have fun," Emalia spoke up as she began to slip out the door.

"Will you be all right, Ema?" Faveonn asked of her cousin.

The girl chuckled. "Of course I will. I have a date of my own," she reminded them both. "Ta ta!" she waved, and then slipped off.

Faveonn was now left in Gavael's company. Only briefly did she stumble before she managed to find her words. "Should we go?" It felt like such a silly question to ask, and yet there they were simply standing in her room. She suspected there was likely a rule about boys in girls' rooms, but for some odd reason, even the knowledge of the forbidden fuelled her excitement of the moment.

In all her life, Faveonn simply could not recall feeling like her heart was about to bubble out of her.
Kate

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:56 am

For a few moments, it seemed that everyone was silent. A slight red tinge made its way o Gsv’s face as he still o god t wrap his head around the fact that Ema was here with the new girl. It was quiet obvious that the two of them knew each other, although Gavael didn’t exactly know how. He decided that at some point he would have to ask Ema, or Faveonn, how they knew each other.

At that point, the young woman’s voice broke through his thoughts and he quickly turned his attention away from his own thoughts and put of his attention on the visitor. Smiling softly he extended his hand, like an gentleman would do.

As Ema spoke, he shot her a small smile, and tried to hide the blush. While he was pretty sure that hadn’t worked out as well as he had hoped, he knew she wouldn’t say anything in front of anyone else anyway. ”We will. As much as you can have going to get food.” Grey eyes studied his friend. So she had had.a date huh? Shaking his head he opened his mouth to tell her that this wasn’t a date, but then he thought better of it and shut his mouth.

Ema left and Faveonn spoke to him and he nodded, grinning a bit. ”Yes, let’s. I hope you are hungry. I’m pretty sure they are going to have a huge Feast. So there should be a ton of food and many different options.”

Once they were ready, they began making their way to the Dining Hall. It wasn’t until now that the young man realized exactly how hungry he was. Thankfully, his stomach had not been making any noise, and he found himself hoping that it would stay like that so he didn’t embarrass himself.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shaihulud

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:15 pm

The blush did not go unnoticed by Faveonn, though she The way he extended his arm, Faveonn could not help but step forward and meekly slip her hands along the offered forearm. She swore he was simply being polite, yet it excited her nonetheless, making her heart flutter within the cage of her chest.

Once she left, Gavael finally spoke back to Faveonn, Yes, let’s. I hope you are hungry. I’m pretty sure they are going to have a huge Feast. So there should be a ton of food and many different options.”

"Are the feasts as big as the ones they always serve at dinner time in Atricis?" she asked as they slowly began to make their way out. Right after they made it out of her room, she turned around to lock the door. With arms looped back around Gavael's, only then was Mayfly allowed to return to her shoulder. The green was rather content to, though she was mindful not to tangle into the curling mane of Faveonn's loose hair.

As they continued, she could not help but ask. "So... you know Emalia?" Dual eyes turned up to Gavael as they continued to walk down the corridor.
Kate

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:53 am

Gav found that for some reason, he was pleasantly surprised when Faveonn took his arm. Before he could stop himself, a grin had come to his face, and it was one of those foolish looking ones. Once he realized it, the grey eyes young man quickly dialed it down a notch into just a grin once again. Farnath he needed to stop acting like such an idiot. First around Ema, and now around Faveonn. Ema he understood, there was an attraction there that hadn’t been there until recently. Hell, he wasn’t afraid to admit it. While Faveonn was pretty, the young man assumed that was the only reason he was like this.

Urging himself on, he quickly put those thoughts to the back of his mind where they belonged. Right now, he didn’t need to think about it. Fortunately, it was at that point that the young lady with him spoke once again. After thinking about it for a moment he said, ”Maybe not as big as Atricis, but it’s still big. And fun. Well, at least I think they are fun anyway.”

As they walked into the hallway, Gavael waited patiently as she closed and locked her door behind her. As they began walking he heard her question and nodded. ”Oh yes, we’ve known each other since we were little. We lived together until I left Evanoria to come here. She just got her not long ago herself and surprised me. It’s nice to have someone here from home. But, you know her too? I didn’t realize that the world was so small.” Of course he didn’t think the world was small, he was just saying that to try and be funny.
Shaihulud

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:56 pm

”Oh yes, we’ve known each other since we were little. We lived together until I left Evanoria to come here..."

Has he spoke, Faveonn made sure to listen, though the feel of his forearm beneath her fingers nearly distracted her attentions entirely. The tautness of the muscles was pronounced, and ran from his elbow to wrist - extensors if the young healer remembered the name of them correctly - and he felt incredibly warm. It made the young healer want to splay her hands down along the limb, to twine their fingers together. But Faveonn did not dare, not when she hardly knew Gavael... even if the temptation was there. Shards, what's gotten into me? she wondered as they walked. So caught up in the thought of him, however, she nearly forgot to listen. Fortunately, ears returned to him right as he asked his question.

"She just got her not long ago herself and surprised me. It’s nice to have someone here from home. But, you know her too? I didn’t realize that the world was so small.”

"Well, her brother is kind of my step-father," Faveonn explained. "Her brother, J'lek, mated my mother a few turns ago, so it actually makes her my aunt... but... that's just weird thinking of her like that-" her face skewed playfully at Gavael "-so I call her my cousin."

"I actually had no idea she was here," she continued as her fingers moved of their own accord to draw along the unseen lines of his arm. Faveonn scarcely even realised what she was doing. "She surprised me after you dropped me off."

Though the young healer was not entirely a fan of her step-father, the now Weyrleader of Benden Weyr, she did enjoy the company of her "cousins". Solai and Emalia always seemed to understand how she was feeling, Angela never failed to show her a few moves in the sparring circle, Orion was always so kind to her, Mikolen could be tiring for all he was willing to enjoy a good game with her, and Sunnita was always nice to talk to. They were much easier to get along with than the older members of J'lek's family.

And then she realised what she was doing. Fingers suddenly ceased in their movement, for she forced them to still before she looked up to Gavael apologetically. "Sorry about that..."
Kate

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:43 am

Gavael did think that it was a bit odd that this seemed to be such a small world. How was it possible that he had just met someone who knew Ema as well? While part of him knew that it was certainly possible, of course it was. To him, it just felt, odd. The light haired young man had never actually had anything like this happen before. Well, in all honesty, not that he could think of anyway.

Remembering his manners, and wanting to continue to be a gentleman tonight, quickly, the young man brought his attention back to the young woman he was accompanying. As she mentioned the name J’lek, he seemed to recall hearing t hat name over the years, but he couldn’t quiet place a face with the name.

At the look on her face, Gav couldn’t help but laugh. Not a loud laugh, but it wasn’t just a soft chuckle either. ”Well, I guess if it was that confusing, I would just call her my cousin as well.”[//b] As she continued about not knowing that Ema was here, he nodded in understanding. ”She actually just arrived here in the last two seven days I believe. She surprised me too.”

By now, he could feel her hand moving up and down his arm, and it did send a slight shiver through his body, but he quickly tried to ignore it. It wasn’t really all that easy, but hell, they didn’t even know each other. How could he say anything? One way or the other? Call it luck, but right about the time he really started to notice it, the young woman stopped.

chuckling softly he waved off the apology. ”It’s ok. I was not worried about it at all.” After a few more minutes they arrived at the Dining Hall. ”Well, here we are. Shall we?”
Shaihulud

Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:48 pm

Part of Faveonn felt slightly embarrassed by the fact someone so near to her age could actually be considered her aunt. It made her feel younger than she should be, thus slightly out of place. It was why she preferred the term cousin to aunt.

”Well, I guess if it was that confusing, I would just call her my cousin as well.”

A smile stretched across her features, relieved to know Gavael understood where she was coming from. Honestly, with all these step family members, it could get to be so confusing, especially when considering the extent of J'lek's family line. No. Cousin was better than aunt. It was simpler that way.

”She actually just arrived here in the last two seven days I believe. She surprised me too.”

"Oh!" For some reason, Faveonn thought she had been around longer than that, only to remember her cousin had spent the bulk of her time in Evanoria's Harper Hall. Her appearance in Fort must have been very recent. So caught up in thought was when her hand moved along his forearm, only to cease.

Fortunately, he was quick to forgive her. ”It’s ok. I was not worried about it at all.”

She worried at the smile her lips formed, only to glance back up to Gavael. Did that mean he too no offence? ...or did it mean he liked it? The thought of the latter caused her heart to twirl once more before she managed to regain it. Faveonn wanted to ask, to pry every so carefully into the mind of the young man. Or did she dare resume the gesture? Would he ask her to stop if she did? She anxiously worried... Or would he return return the touch? Yet will her fingers as she might, Faveonn could not summon the courage to stroke his arm a second time. When it was not a mindless gesture, fingers found it far more difficult to repeat the touch between them. Therefore, still did they remain.

”Well, here we are. Shall we?”

Once they arrived, dual toned eyes peeked into the room and glanced about. She saw it filled with people, just enough for her to stepped slightly closer to Gavael for support. "I... yes, I mean," she managed to say. She could not tell whether she felt excited or overwhelmed. This seemed like such a massive and new place to her. Maybe if they found a little corner to sit in, it would not be so bad, though she doubted that was an option when the only seats available to them were long benches. "Does it bother you? All these people?" she asked as they entered. She wondered if he felt the same as she did.