Old Tomes and New Faces - Tag: Kolyat/Ember

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:11 am

Date: Spring 2049
Time: Mid-evening

@Ember | Kolyat

Are you going to get us a new book to read, my love? Nainenth asked from her spot outside the archives. It was finally the free time of the evening for the weyrlings which generally meant it was time for Zaynallen and her to read. They never failed to try and spend at least an hour a night reading something and throughout their weyrlinghood they'd already gone through several books.

That's what I am attempting to do, darling. What are you more in the mood for? A mystery? Something historical? Zayna asked as she ran her fingers down the the spines of several old books. The smell in the archives always made her feel so much at home. Softly, she hummed to herself as she picked one book off the shelf to look at. The way she twisted a little bit on her feet made the lovely little dress she was wearing to twirl and flutter at her thighs.

I want something romantic. The garnet answered in an almost wistful voice. They were hitting the one turn mark of weyrlinghood. Which meant that they would soon have their own weyr. Zayna had noticed that Nainenth was more interested in romantic things here lately...but she didn't worry over it. Garnets didn't rise until they were two.

Something romantic...you got it, love. Zayna answered her. Perhaps there was still a turn before she could expect her lovely dragoness to rise, once that twelve month mark hit she herself would be free to enjoy intimacy again. That would be something to look forward to...if she had anyone to look forward to it to with...which she did not. Zayna sat that book down and then moved to a different section of the library to look for something more along the lines that Nainenth wanted.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:01 pm

Kolyat often spent time in the library when a few moment or two struck him. He may have been a healer, one that enjoyed his duties, but he also enjoyed his pleasures, and today his pleasures happened to be sitting in the middle of an aisle in the library and reading one of his favorite books. It was a day off, it was quiet in the room, and while he should have been more considerate, it was rare when he had so much space to just... unwind as he was. He wasn't even aware when the weyrling entered the room, nor when she started browsing the tomes and records.

It wasn't until he felt Josephine curl against his neck more firmly that he realized someone was closeby in fact. He glanced up momentarily and hushed the creature, then flipped the page of the book he was reading by glowlight. They would see him, whoever it was, and if they didn't, then it was their fault of they tripped. Even so, with that belief planted firm in his mind, he smiled when he noticed shadows bending and dancing across the shelves around him, but even then he didn't look up.

"If I'm in your way, I apologize. Just let me finish this page and I promise I'll move." He would indeed keep to that promise too - it was just that he was at the end of the chapter, and figured if he was given the chance to finish up, it would be easier to pick back up when he started again. Sure enough, when he finished, he placed a marker among the hide pages of the book, stood up with skilled ease and turned to face the garnetweyrling with a smile on his face. "My thanks. I suppose I should put the light back where I found it. The glows are fresh though, I changed them out before I started reading."

He continued to hold onto the book he held, making it obvious that he had no intention of giving it up to the shelves again. What he did do is turn back to Zaynallen after placing the basket back in its holder. "And there we are. I'm Kolyat by the way, and I'm not always a library lump. Sometimes I'm a healer."
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Parker

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:46 pm

"If I'm in your way, I apologize. Just let me finish this page and I promise I'll move."

Zayna hadn't been paying attention, so it was a good thing that the man had spoken up. Otherwise, she would have probably run right over him. A demure smile spread on rouge-touched lips as she looked down at him. "Oh no, you were here first. I can simply look around you." She assured him and went on to look at the books that were in front of her that fell into the category of 'romance'.

"My thanks. I suppose I should put the light back where I found it. The glows are fresh though, I changed them out before I started reading."

The man spoke again so she looked down and nodded. "You're welcome. Oh, um, you don't have to rush just for my sake." She hadn't even looked at his knots, but said, "Candidate chore, I take it?" It was more a statement than a question. "My sincerest thanks for changing them for us archive addicts."

"And there we are. I'm Kolyat by the way, and I'm not always a library lump. Sometimes I'm a healer."

Zayna reached out her hand for a proper introduction, "I'm Zaynallen, you can call me Zayna for today. I'm afraid I am a huge library lump. I'm an archivist by craft, but a garnetrider first." She looked down at the book he was holding, being a bit nosy. "What book you have there?"
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:12 am

Despite shaking his head, he offered her a smile all the same. "Not a candidate, no." Once upon a time it had almost been a thing, but he'd taken the direction of craftmanship over candidacy, very much a rare rarity within the Weyr. Healing had just become his passion, which he didn't quite share, but ruminated on briefly; sometimes he wondered what kind of direction his life would have taken if he'd ended up Impressing instead. He glanced at the knots on her shoulder and tipped his head in their direction. "Garnetrider and weyrling. Not always that though, of course, and if you're an archive addict, either a harper or someone that works with hides?"

He glanced again at his book and contemplated whether he wanted to share it or not, because it wasn't the sort of thing he normally shared liking with another. But he decided it wouldn't hurt, and if he was laughed out of the library, then so be it, perhaps it was for the best that he might not see her again. "Just a collection of poetry. Its one of my favorites," he showed it to her, and hoped it wasn't the one she'd been looking for. "When I saw there was a copy in the library again, I had to start reading it. Its... well, you know how rare some books can be."

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Parker

Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:48 am

Zayna's eyebrows rose up in slight surprise at his answer. "So you're not a candidate and yet you are kind enough to change the glows for us? Ain't that a gentleman if ever I saw one." She stated as a full complement and even gave him a small wink. "Shards, I don't like to think I'm the sort to be too lazy, but I'd have given you all then praises if you did some of my chores when I was still a candidate." She really wasn't lazy in the least, but she was no different than normal people and if she didn't have to work as hard then she would happily accept that help. A small smile and a blush spread on her cheeks at his comment. "Harper, guilty as charged. I rather love old scrolls and books."

Her head was tipped to the side so she could look better at the book the man was holding. She could tell before he said that it was a collection of poetry. "Oh...yes...I believe I have read this one before. At least I've looked at it. It's not often I find other people that have an ear for poetry." Zayna stated with a crooked smile before she ran her fingers over the cover of it while he still held it. "Yes, a book can be rather rare. Especially the ones that come from Walled Hold. If you haven't read any of their books yet you should." She stated with a small smile. "I'm here to find a romance book...my dragon is rather interested in that sort of happen.

Image x9
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:59 am

There was a bit of a cheeky curve to his grin as he contemplated his response, and while there was no mischief to his words, perhaps there was a hint of something else entirely when he went to check one of the other glow baskets, if only to try and... make a further impression upon her. "Perhaps I'll have to make a habit of doing other chores for no reason other than hope it catches your attention, hm?" He winked in return, shaking the basket to ensure the glows were just fine and plucking out those that were dull with age.

He returned with the book, showing it to her as he did, and waited for a response, impressed by what he received. Literature from Walled? He filed that away, but perhaps he could do one better in that case. "Maybe you can give me some recommendations? I'm afraid I'm rather new to the subject of literature from Walled - haven't dipped my toes so to say. So anything you might have in mind that you like in particular, I'm willing to give a try."

As far as romance books went... he chuckled and went to one of the shelves, setting aside the old glows he held for the time being. It took him only a moment to find the tome, and when he did, he wasn't surprise to find his old marker in it still. "I've read this one I don't know how many times. It came with us from Old Atricis, as a matter of fact. Pages are a bit worn, but I always made sure to use a marker. I think your dragon might like you. You may, too, as well."

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image