Food for Your Thoughts - Ember | Jude

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:33 am

"Is there any way I can meet him someplace where he doesn't have to come to the Weyr?"

Amuderudalya gave his suggestion serious thought, but it did not take her long to realise why that was a bad idea. As an Igenese, she doubted the concern of felines came as easily to him as it did to her. A Turn in Atricis certainly changed one's mindset, and after seeing one even from a distance, Amuderudalya had learned to be wary of them.

"Then he doesn't have to waste his time if I... am unable ot make the trip right away."

"It honestly would be best if he came here. It is not easy meeting outside of the weyr," she explained initially as she glanced about the yards only to look back at him. "There are felines in the south, large ones. Aggressive. Ambrosius makes the trek to the weyr to visit his daughter and another, so I doubt it would be any trouble to him. He could come to speak to you when he comes back again, which would likely be in a day or so. He comes here frequently." The the man before her would not have to feel so guilty.

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:39 am

Another thought, another consideration or two, and his mind was made up, if only for the time being. He could keep to himself until after it was time to meet up with him. He glanced down at the mess he'd made and proceeded to try and clean it up in some manner, though he wasn't really paying attention to what he was doing, his mind instead pulled in some far off direction - here, but not here, gone, but not gone.

When he finally came back, there were more crumbs than not on the floor and on his lap than actually placed on the plate in front of him, but he hardly noticed. Instead, Jude simply nodded, giving Dalya a nod. "I can do that." Sure, it wasn't what he wanted to do immediately it seemed, but if the other man was coming in to the Weyr already, and it wouldn't waste his time, maybe it wouldn't hurt. He knew he'd blanked out on her... it happened all too often. Perhaps getting away for a bit might be for the best. He could let his brother know he was going someplace safe for a little while, and then that would be that. "You can let him know when its most convenient for you."

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Slowly, and with considerable deliberation, it seemed the dragonless man had come to agreement with her. "I can do that."

A gentle, and hopefully not noticed, exhale of relief escaped the baker. She could tell the man needed help, and it seemed important to do everything she could to offer him a hand.

"You can let him know when its most convenient for you."

"I'll send him a message as soon as I finish my rounds," she assured him. Amuderudalya would keep her promise and she would write her note, but for now, she realised she needed to return to work and feed the rest of the eager mouths around them. "I'll check on you soon, and hopefully with word from Ambrosius. Don't worry. We'll take care of you and keep you safe-" even if that meant keeping him safe from himself.

They would find him a home, one that was the best of both worlds, close to his family, yet far enough from the presence of dragons.

And then it dawned on her, just before she left. "You know, I just realised, I never asked for your name," she smiled, realising they had worked so fast to find a viable solution to him. "I'm Amuderudalya, but please, call me Dalya." After she heard his name, she bid him farewell with the promise upon Croquembouche's shell to return with not only word from Ambrosius, but a day to convene with him.

The days would pass, but Amuderudalya did keep her word, and half a week later, at the time and date promised, Ambrosius appeared at the mouth of the weyr on Purefoy, and with a second tacked up runnerbeast trailing behind him. Along side the man with his runner was a black and white canine who ran ahead, sniffing at the ground here and there before dashing off, and always did the canine keep out of the way of the runners. In the skies, swooped about an emerald fancy flit who kept close to the runners.

Upon closer approach, Ambrosius came into full view. While the man appeared fair with his shock of flaxen hair and his pale complexion, there was something distinctly unhealthy about his appearance from his sunken cheeks to his hollow soul. The sorrow in his eyes reflected Judarek's own, though it had aged over the last turn, giving Ambrosius a chance to find his pace with the world again without Bowith.

"Are you Judarek?" he asked of the man.