Lifted From The Past ~ { tag } Slasher/Niomi

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 pm

Cat still couldn't believe it. After months, Turns really, of being away from the North, someone had found him. Not just anyone really, but someone that had raised him when he was a baby since his parents had been "far too busy with Hold management" to tend to him as they had been with his siblings. She had sent him a note, saying she had no intention of harassing him or telling anyone where he and Niomi were, but after she'd seen him at a Gather at Ivory Tower the previous Turn, she'd had to contemplate whether or not to find him again and write. After discovering that she was going to die from sickness, she'd had to write. The contents of the note, which he'd read top to bottom on more than one occasion since, shook him and if true...

He needed Niomi, and he glanced over at his Nako as the blue prepared for another test of his young wings. They had just started unmanned flights in their class, and the blue was eager for more chances to practice. Cat knew of a surefire way to get Niomi to him quickly, rather than going to hunt for her himself - it seemed lazy, and he would feel bad about it later, but Nako would want them to watch him, so it worked out in the end when one thought about it. 'Nako, can you speak to Niomi for me? Ask her and Haddy to come here to watch and... tell her I need to speak to her.'

He knew he'd speak to her directly - they often did that, being so close the four of them; he to Haddy, Nako to Niomi. So it was only natural when he felt the blue's mind tug in the direction of his love's mind. Niomi, love of my rider, can you and my darling green lady please come to the Weyr Yard? I wish to show you both something and besides that, C'taren wishes to speak with you about something. With that said, he decided to halt his attempts at flight until the two arrived. Best to wait and share the next - which would obviously be the most special - until they came to see.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —

The gorgeous avatar is by the talented Kaenith.
Slasher

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:14 pm

It was not rare that the now familiar voice of Nakotomith entered her mind. The young blue's voice was one that often made her smile. Even Hadranielth, her own green, had become accustomed to another dragon speaking to her rider so casually. After all, Haddy herself had never hesitated to speak to C'taren, so it was only fair that his blue would bespeak her rider in similar manner. Niomi was actually about to head out to find Cat, since she knew he didn't have lessons at that time, and she was pretty sure he didn't have chores either. When Nako's voice requested their presence though, it was all to the good. It saved her having to seek him out.

Leaving her room, and meeting her green right outside it, she hopped nimbly up onto the dragoness' back. The pair didn't ride without straps often, so when they did, it was a careful affair. With a gentle leap, and the softest flaps she could manage, Haddy rose up just enough to avoid other dragons as she headed the short flight to the Yard.

The handsome blue wasn't hard to spot, his Harperesque coloring flashy against the dirt and stone. With a happy rumble as she fanned her way down, neatly landing, Haddy folded her wings. Niomi slid down, and went straight for C'taren, letting her arms slide around him in a tight hug. They had seen each other not that long ago, but it always felt like an eternity. Haddy went to Nako, dipping her head down to rub a cheek along his. The dragon realized though, that she was dipping her head not near as low as she used to. He was growing into a fine dragon, Greetings, Nakotomith. It is lovely to see you.

For her part, Niomi grinned at Cat, then leaned up and gave him a quick kiss, nothing lingering, ”I was just coming to look for you. Your timing is impeccable.”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Nakotomith crooned in greeting to his ladies and when Haddy dipped her head, he reached out to give her a quick nuzzle. It was always good to see the green, and she was good to be so kind to him. Greetings, Hadranielth. Greetings to your rider as well. I am glad to see you, and I know that C'taren is as always. Shall we sun for a while before I show you what I can do now, or would you like to watch with your rider first? As eager as he was to show her, she was a lady, and he didn't want to disappoint her if she wanted to sun first.

Cat smiled and patted the ground next to him, resting his head on her shoulder once she was settled next to him. It felt good to have her with him, and he was glad at once for her comfort and soothing, calming presence. He didn't know what he would do without his Niomi in his world, and it was then that he remembered the note that was in his hands. His fingers tightened over it, nearly crumbling the precious and rare paper, until he reminded himself not to let anything happen to it lest she be unable to read it after. The letters were so lightly written down...

"I need you to read something, Nimmy." He told her, offering the letter to her. "I just received it, and I don't know what to make of it." Well, he did sort of, but not entirely. He just... needed her help figuring things out, and he needed her comfort with it. "Tell me I'm not going mad?"

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —

The gorgeous avatar is by the talented Kaenith.