Lifted From The Past ~ { tag } Slasher/Niomi

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 pm

Cat still couldn't believe it. After months, Turns really, of being away from the North, someone had found him. Not just anyone really, but someone that had raised him when he was a baby since his parents had been "far too busy with Hold management" to tend to him as they had been with his siblings. She had sent him a note, saying she had no intention of harassing him or telling anyone where he and Niomi were, but after she'd seen him at a Gather at Ivory Tower the previous Turn, she'd had to contemplate whether or not to find him again and write. After discovering that she was going to die from sickness, she'd had to write. The contents of the note, which he'd read top to bottom on more than one occasion since, shook him and if true...

He needed Niomi, and he glanced over at his Nako as the blue prepared for another test of his young wings. They had just started unmanned flights in their class, and the blue was eager for more chances to practice. Cat knew of a surefire way to get Niomi to him quickly, rather than going to hunt for her himself - it seemed lazy, and he would feel bad about it later, but Nako would want them to watch him, so it worked out in the end when one thought about it. 'Nako, can you speak to Niomi for me? Ask her and Haddy to come here to watch and... tell her I need to speak to her.'

He knew he'd speak to her directly - they often did that, being so close the four of them; he to Haddy, Nako to Niomi. So it was only natural when he felt the blue's mind tug in the direction of his love's mind. Niomi, love of my rider, can you and my darling green lady please come to the Weyr Yard? I wish to show you both something and besides that, C'taren wishes to speak with you about something. With that said, he decided to halt his attempts at flight until the two arrived. Best to wait and share the next - which would obviously be the most special - until they came to see.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:14 pm

It was not rare that the now familiar voice of Nakotomith entered her mind. The young blue's voice was one that often made her smile. Even Hadranielth, her own green, had become accustomed to another dragon speaking to her rider so casually. After all, Haddy herself had never hesitated to speak to C'taren, so it was only fair that his blue would bespeak her rider in similar manner. Niomi was actually about to head out to find Cat, since she knew he didn't have lessons at that time, and she was pretty sure he didn't have chores either. When Nako's voice requested their presence though, it was all to the good. It saved her having to seek him out.

Leaving her room, and meeting her green right outside it, she hopped nimbly up onto the dragoness' back. The pair didn't ride without straps often, so when they did, it was a careful affair. With a gentle leap, and the softest flaps she could manage, Haddy rose up just enough to avoid other dragons as she headed the short flight to the Yard.

The handsome blue wasn't hard to spot, his Harperesque coloring flashy against the dirt and stone. With a happy rumble as she fanned her way down, neatly landing, Haddy folded her wings. Niomi slid down, and went straight for C'taren, letting her arms slide around him in a tight hug. They had seen each other not that long ago, but it always felt like an eternity. Haddy went to Nako, dipping her head down to rub a cheek along his. The dragon realized though, that she was dipping her head not near as low as she used to. He was growing into a fine dragon, Greetings, Nakotomith. It is lovely to see you.

For her part, Niomi grinned at Cat, then leaned up and gave him a quick kiss, nothing lingering, ”I was just coming to look for you. Your timing is impeccable.”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Nakotomith crooned in greeting to his ladies and when Haddy dipped her head, he reached out to give her a quick nuzzle. It was always good to see the green, and she was good to be so kind to him. Greetings, Hadranielth. Greetings to your rider as well. I am glad to see you, and I know that C'taren is as always. Shall we sun for a while before I show you what I can do now, or would you like to watch with your rider first? As eager as he was to show her, she was a lady, and he didn't want to disappoint her if she wanted to sun first.

Cat smiled and patted the ground next to him, resting his head on her shoulder once she was settled next to him. It felt good to have her with him, and he was glad at once for her comfort and soothing, calming presence. He didn't know what he would do without his Niomi in his world, and it was then that he remembered the note that was in his hands. His fingers tightened over it, nearly crumbling the precious and rare paper, until he reminded himself not to let anything happen to it lest she be unable to read it after. The letters were so lightly written down...

"I need you to read something, Nimmy." He told her, offering the letter to her. "I just received it, and I don't know what to make of it." Well, he did sort of, but not entirely. He just... needed her help figuring things out, and he needed her comfort with it. "Tell me I'm not going mad?"

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:43 am

By all means, a nice sunning with my favorite blue sounds perfect right now. Haddy didn't hesitate to glance around, then pace a bit before finding the exact right spot where she wanted to plant her body. She left herself at a slight curve, welcoming the blue's presence as well if he deigned to snuggle up against her.

After sitting down beside her man, Niomi glanced towards her dragon as she settled, and couldn't help but smile. It always warmed her heart a bit when Haddy was so affectionate with Nakotomith. She turned and kissed Cat's head. She saw his fist tighten though, and reached for his knee, gently squeezing it, ”What-” Her question was cut short though as he offered her a slip of paper.

Her brow furrowed quizzically, and she gently unfolded the note, her eyes narrowing a bit as she deciphered it. She saw the name of the sender, and for a moment her heart leapt to her throat. They had been found! Nevermind the contents, for a moment, she couldn't quite breathe from the fear that tried to well up within her. Luckily, all it took was a swift glance towards the dragons to remind herself that they had a different life there, and no one could force them to return, he could not be a Lord Holder now that he had a dragon, and they were safe.

Then her mind processed that the woman stated she had no intention of telling anyone, and she relaxed a little, but...”Is this really from who I think it is?”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:56 am

He wanted nothing more than to show his lady green what he could do now, but with what was traveling through his rider, Nako was suddenly in need of a little comfort, something he knew full well that she could provide. With a soft whimper, the blue moved closer towards her and nuzzled up against her, his smaller - for now - form rolling towards her as he slipped underneath her wing, and he longed for the day when he'd be able to provide her with the same kind of motion.

C'taren is so upset. He had been in such a good mood when she'd arrived, the blue had been, and now things had dropped beneath a lowered bar. Something leaked from what he is showing your rider... they aren't going to take C'taren from me, are they?

In response to Niomi, Cat noded, his legs folding up before he pulled them against his chest. "Amuea watched me for so long when I was a child. If anyone knew anything about..." He waved a hand towards the letter that Niomi held. "What she's speaking of, it would be her. I trust what she says in it, Nimmy. She wouldn't lie about it. She wouldn't lie about any of it."

He pressed his chin to his knees, so uncertain of it all that he couldn't even begin to decide what to do about any of it, or what it meant for him and Niomi. As far as the note was concerned, he was no longer, nor had he ever been, Heir or son of Emeral Fields Hold. He was someone strange, born in a place he should never have come from, should never have been pulled from because... He felt sick and bent forward to stick his head between his knees. "What do I do now, Nimmy?"

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:52 pm

Hadranielth felt things from her rider, and while the blue settled himself in, tucking under her wing(which she obliged and nestled over him with), she narrowed her eyes a bit and watched the humans. A zing of fear, but it faded. Haddy sent a questioning thought towards Niomi, and was met with reassurance. Turning her attention back to the blue, Haddy shook her nose a bit, rumbling softly towards the dragonet, They cannot take riders like that. If something happened, your very existence protects him. Besides, my rider would never let anything happen to him, or you. Or me, for that matter, I would not let anything happen to either of you. Perhaps it was a hidden nurturing side to the green, but she dipped her head and bumped his snout gently with hers to soothe him.

The revelations that came out of the letter were...world altering, slightly. Not for her directly, but she loved Cat, and she would always be there for him. She could feel the war within him, and she snaked her arm around his shoulders, pulling him tightly into her. What now? ”For now, you focus on your training, and taking care of Nako. It's been this many turns, what's another one so he can grow? After that...do you want to find them?” That was a big thing, really. Did he want to find his lost family? Technically, there might be a few things they could start doing now to try and find them, but that depending on if he even wanted to. She couldn't even imagine what he was going through at that moment, so she just held him.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:06 pm

The blue dipped against the mothering green and decided that it would simply be best to accept the warmth, comfort, and truth that she was providing him with. There was nothing and no one that could take him and C'taren away from one another, least of all some strangers that neither of them knew. Nuzzling her, Nakotomith settled down into himself and decided he would just wait, and hopefully forget. But how could he forget when everything presently in his rider's mind was all about this new and difficult situation?

It was with her words and comforting arm that Cat collapsed against Niomi. He sighed, yet the tears that threatened to fall didn't come streaming out of his eyes like he almost wished they would have. He grimace, but didn't push away, instead trying to soak in this moment, because it wouldn't last too long, even if all she was doing was providing him with a much needed source of physical warmth to soothe him with. "I don't know... I think I might but... the letter even states they gave me away. But I need answers. I want them, deserve them."

He didn't know what he should do, and nothing seemed like the right thing all at once. He glanced over at his dragon and tried to take strength in the sight of him; seeing the dark blue in such a state however did nothing but fill him with a stark sense of unease. Glancing up at his lady love, fingers curling softly through a set o her own, Cat asked of her, "What should I do, Niomi? I haven't been this scared since... we left."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Hadranielth could feel the little blue's continued unease, and she shifted her weight the slightest bit so she could curl her neck a bit further over him. A low hum started, something related to a hatching hum, but it was lower, quieter, softer, almost a sort of bass-oriented purr, something felt more than heard, and enveloped him with it. Her wing snugged down around him as best she could, and she just did her best to comfort him, sending happy swirls of thought and color.

Of course he wanted answers. That was not a surprise in the slightest, and honestly, she agreed. She knew she would want answers, in his place. She had always kind of wondered who her father was, but finding out that the people who you had thought was your family for...literally your entire life, was not...She couldn't even imagine. Though maybe for a drudge, it was a bit different. She never really had a 'family', it was always just Cat. Her arms tightened on him, holding him firmly, ”I don't blame you for wanting answers, and I'll do everything I can to try and help, Cat.”

She looked at him, her hand moving to touch his face, ”One thing I've learned here, with Haddy...Regardless of our past, what we have now is a happy life, one that we've worked for, and that's not going anywhere, regardless of what's happened before. You are still C'taren, rider of Blue Nakotomith, and the person I love most in this world. That hasn't changed, and it never will.” She squeezed him again.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage