What is Your F*cking Deal? ~ Tag: Th'ren/Ember

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri May 17, 2019 10:55 pm

"Sid, I'm coming inside. Just wanted to let you know."

Sid stopped his pacing long enough to look at the door, but he didn't answer. Okay, he didn't answer out loud. Instead, he mumbled under his breath, "Not like I could stop you if I wanted to." That was honestly unfair of him and he knew it, but he was in too bad of a mood to care.

"You may not wish to speak right now, but we need to talk. This isn't something that I can just let sweep past me, Sid, and you know if I don't speak with you, someone else probably will."

He began to pace again as soon as his fellow healer started to speak. "What the fuck do you want me to say, D'kellen? That man was being a downright ass and you know it. He's lucky I didn't deck him for his attitude. Who the fuck treats a healer that way?"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 pm

"What the fuck do you want me to say, D'kellen? That man was being a downright ass and you know it. He's lucky I didn't deck him for his attitude. Who the fuck treats a healer that way?"

Duke listened, of course he did, and his eyes followed Sid as he paced the room they were in. He didn't answer immediately though, in case something more was said. When there was nothing but silence met after a moment or two, he gave it his two marks and lifted his shoulders in a slight sigh of understanding - for both of the men involved. "You're not going to like what I'm about to say, in all likelihood," he held up a hand to prevent the bluerider from speaking. "I'm not taking his side necessarily, but neither am I taking yours." He stated.

"While I agree completely with you that he should have been far more respectable than he had been, without a single doubt in my mind," he would never, ever question that logic. "You could have been a little more soft and understanding as well. His dragon had been injured in Threadfall and when I checked on her wound, it was starting to show signs of infection, Sid. Thankfully I caught it in time with careful monitoring there won't be anymore issues, but this could have turned out worse."

He held up his hand yet again. "So while he wasn't in the right, neither were you. Now," he paused a moment. "I'm not going to make you apologize, because he's given no indication that he's going to at the moment himself. And I'm not going to get myself involved in this matter anymore than I already am. But what I am going to do is ask you what's going on and why you haven't been taking care of yourself. I'm doing that not as your fellow crafter, not as your Wingsecond, but as a friend, Sid."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Parker
Site Admin

Fri May 17, 2019 11:27 pm

"You're not going to like what I'm about to say, in all likelihood. I'm not taking his side necessarily, but neither am I taking yours."

Even if the other healers didn't know him that well, most knew that Sid was not the sort to threaten punching the rider of a patient. He was always the calm, cool, and positive sort. He'd taken way worse tongue lashings than what the greenrider had given him and had been able to smile through it. Sid gave an unamused snort, "If it makes you feel better, I'm not exactly in the mood to like anything anyone has to say right now."

Sid was at least still polite enough to listen to the man as he explained what was going on with the man's dragon. Hearing that he had caught an infection before it got out of hand made Sid feel guilty. He should have kept a cooler head for her sake, but he really wasn't sure if that was possible right now. Still, the guilt was enough to make him angry at himself now. In a release of that anger, he turned and kicked the wastebasket as hard as he could. "Dammit!"

"But what I am going to do is ask you what's going on and why you haven't been taking care of yourself. I'm doing that not as your fellow crafter, not as your Wingsecond, but as a friend, Sid."

An incredulous look was given to Duke, "Are you kidding me? I've been working the last four days trying to help save Rysrth's life. I haven't had time to breathe, let alone go take a bath or eat a warm meal. Fucking lot of good that did." That probably wasn't what Duke meant, but that was the answer he got. Being his Wingsecond, Duke probably knew Sid well enough to know something was wrong.
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 11:36 pm

"Are you kidding me? I've been working the last four days trying to help save Rysrth's life. I haven't had time to breathe, let alone go take a bath or eat a warm meal. Fucking lot of good that did."

Again, the man watched and listened, observant as he kept his eyes on the other man. When he spoke, he understood the grief that came when one lost a patient, but Sid should also have known that that wasn't at all what Duke had been trying to get at. This time, the bronzerider crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back against the door, because he figured this was going to be something that kept them there a little longer than he had originally anticipated.

"That's not what I'm talking about, Sid." He brushed something from his sleeve and looked at him with something that wasn't sympathy, but was a little sterner, a little more like "I can't be lied to that easily, and I won't pity your ass". "So here's what we're going to do. You're going to tell me what's been going on the last few days leading up to these four you claim are the result of losing your patient. Because this isn't about him and you know it. The way you've been behaving isn't limited to just the infirmary, and you should know what I'm getting at in saying that."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker
Site Admin

Sat May 18, 2019 12:04 am

"That's not what I'm talking about, Sid."

Sid had the good graces to at least look away. Yeah, he knew that wasn't entirely what it was Duke was talking about, but he really didn't want to talk about the rest of it.

"The way you've been behaving isn't limited to just the infirmary, and you should know what I'm getting at in saying that."

Another unamused snort was given in answer at first. "Again...what the fuck do you want me to say?" He asked as he threw his arms out to the side. "The days leading up to these last four? No... try months... leading up to this." The full force of how bitter he felt were laced in those words. "You're a good man, Duke, but really... I'm so tired of... I'm so tired of all of it. I don't want to talk about it. I'm tired of even thinking about it." Sid's voice held a small measure of defeat in it.

Ember

Sat May 18, 2019 12:23 am

"You're a good man, Duke, but really... I'm so tired of... I'm so tired of all of it. I don't want to talk about it. I'm tired of even thinking about it."

He had known it had been months, he'd been well aware of that fact. But it hadn't come to such a head until the last few weeks had encrouched upon them. The tone of defeat in his tone made Duke sigh and he approached him, though made sure to keep a way to the door blocked, at least for now. "Sid, you can't keep running from this. I know that's what you want to do, but its eating you up inside. The longer you keep pressing it down, the more its going to destroy you."

He was soft, understanding, perhaps more than he cared to admit - he hadn't lost anyone like Sid had, but he'd had the world pulled out from under him. He wasn't going to discuss it though, this wasn't about him it was about Sid, but he knew enough to get how that could feel when all that you knew and loved was suddenly ripped away in a moment. "All I know is that you have no choice but to keep living in this world, because one day there's something good that comes around the corner again. It doesn't have to be the thing that you lost, because more often than not that can never be replaced, but its something that makes you realize that there's a reason to keep on living in this world."

For Duke, it had been Cles and Zaynallen, the knowledge that he was a father still. For Sid, who knew what that could be. "But other than saying that? I'm not going to preach, I'm not going to force you to talk. I'm just going to give you that advice and ask you to consider it if you haven't already and offer my ear if you ever need it. Doesn't have to be about the situation you're in, it can be just to shoot the shit and nothing more. To get away from your thoughts, to relax, to escape things for a little while if that makes sense." He stepped forward again and clasped Sid's shoulder. "Believe me when I say I may not get it completely, but I do understand."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker
Site Admin

Sat May 18, 2019 12:43 am

"Sid, you can't keep running from this. I know that's what you want to do, but its eating you up inside. The longer you keep pressing it down, the more its going to destroy you."

For the first time, his anger was turned on the bronzerider. "Running? You really think I'm fucking running from this?" He asked with some heat. "If I was running I would be drunk somewhere right now. I'm not pressing anything down...I've been fighting so hard..." He gestured in a way that said how helpless he was now. "I have nothing left in me, alright?"

"Pfft. Right...something good. Then it's only a matter of time until that something good is taken away." Sid stated rather cynically. Every time he found a bit of happiness in life, something happened that ripped that happiness away from him.

"Believe me when I say I may not get it completely, but I do understand."

"Isn't finding an escape the same thing as running away basically?" He asked with bitter sarcasm. It was obvious that he wasn't in a mood to listen to any advice. There was a part of him that wanted to cry, but dammit he'd done so much of that he doubted he had tears left to spare. "No...you don't get it, Duke. You don't."

Ember

Sat May 18, 2019 12:49 am

Duke nodded, but said nothing, not about what Sid had said in response to his earlier comments. If he wanted to believe what he was saying, that was fine. Let his anger be turned on someone like Duke who could handle it and defend himself without turning it around and pressing it towards Sid. That didn't bother the bronzerider at all. He wasn't as bothered by it as say, that greenrider had been obviously.

But when it came to understanding...

"No...you don't get it, Duke. You don't."

"I said I didn't get what it was like for you, but I understood what it was like to have osmething ripped from you." He didn't want to talk about his own past, but perhaps speaking of it somewhat might push the issue, get him to know that yes, he did understand? "I was with two people I had loved very much. I had children. Then one day they were gone because I found out that they were betraying me behind my back, that those kids I had raised weren't even mine. So while the situations aren't the same, while I don't get how you're being eaten from heartache, I understand what broken hearts do to you. How it kills you. How that pain and anger and anguish will ruin and destroy you."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker
Site Admin

Sat May 18, 2019 1:03 am

"I said I didn't get what it was like for you, but I understood what it was like to have osmething ripped from you."

Sid's first response was to just look blankly at the bronzerider and stood silent as he listened to the man's personal plight. It was sad, but that was a betrayal. It wasn't as if he'd spent his whole life loving someone, to finally accept that it would never happen. Then, after turns of failed relationships and heartaches to finally have the one person he loved. Then, months later, to have that love forever taken from him.

Self-pity is unbecoming and it really doesn't fit you, Sid. I love you, but you need to fucking pull yourself together. Would Mul'rec be proud of you right now? His dragon spoke harshly, but with love.

Sid continued to remain silent, but the wall of anger had cracked and was starting to fall apart. "Look Duke...I get it...I do. It might not seem like it...but I understand all of it. Today, right now, I can't pull myself together. I don't have the energy or the will to do anything except be angry at...everything. Please...can you just leave me alone?" His voice was pleading and his teal blue eyes were watery.

Ember

Sat May 18, 2019 1:06 am

"Look Duke...I get it...I do. It might not seem like it...but I understand all of it. Today, right now, I can't pull myself together. I don't have the energy or the will to do anything except be angry at...everything. Please...can you just leave me alone?"

It seemed like he might not, at first at least. But Duke wasn't someone that was going to keep a person against their will, or even force them to see something they weren't ready to accept. He could see the pain in Sid's eyes, and knew that he needed time to process this all on his own. So he'd let him go, but there was a condition, and he was setting it down as his Wingsecond, not as friend or fellow crafter.

"I will. But as Wingsecond, you have to do something." He was going to be soft about this though, and there was something Sid could do that was simple, easy. "Go get a shave, wash up, and get some sleep. Do you think you could do that Sid? I just want you to take care of yourself right now, that's all."

— Ray Bradbury —