What is Your F*cking Deal? ~ Tag: Th'ren/Ember

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue May 14, 2019 6:54 am

Sid...Sid...Sid'nis! Iolith had to really yell to get through to his rider's thoughts. Faranth dammit! What! It wasn't often that Sid was upset enough to yell at his dragon, but he was that upset. The best was done...I'm sorry it wasn't enough...but you can't beat yourself up over it. The blue continued on without being phased by his rider's anger. I've heard that all fucking before...and it doesn't help...so just stop. Please. He snapped back. That did work to keep the blue from saying more...but it also made him feel worse for yelling at his bondmate.

Six days ago Rath had informed him that he was going back to the Hall and would be there for a while. The thought of the man not being around hurt him...but knowing how many times he had hurt his dear, sweet, supportive friend made him feel like maybe it was for the rest. He was still a mess after the death of Mul'rec, so losing Rath to the north did not help matters at all. Then four days ago there had been threadfall. All in all, it hadn't been a bad fall, but there had been a terrible incident. Two younger riders, inexperienced in fall, had dived for the same clump of thread. All four had been horribly injured with flame, scoring, and physical injuries. Sid and Iolith had been called back to the Weyr to help with the injured dragons.

Today they had lost the battle to help Blue Rysrth keep his life. Sid generally took deaths of patients he'd tended to harshly, but after everything else...he could feel his seams coming apart. It had been a few candlemarks since the death, but it was still fresh in his mind. While normally he would be full of sorrow, today he was just filled with anger.

He'd gone to go get more fresh bandages to refill the stations, but right now he just stared at the cabinet for a moment. Hands were clenched in fists, but eventually, he relaxed his hands and picked up the supplies. However, he couldn't keep the anger in control enough to not slam the door of the cabinet as hard as he could. When he turned around there was someone standing there looking at him. "Do you need something?" He asked in a huff.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander |

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Thread four days prior, and Weya had received an injury he hadn't seen on her in all their Turns together. It made Tal his just thinking about it. The green insisted she was fine, even though she wasn't, but it was in her nature to act big and brave even though she didn't need to act quite so dependable at a time like this. He wanted to grimace and tell her that, but she could see it in his mind, and he knew it was seeping from him whenever he was awake - if she wasn't able to see it for herself, then she sure was being bombarded by it whenever he was thinking, and that had to be more than enough for the poor thing.

You are being far too difficult on yourself, Th'ren. But of course she would say that, and he couldn't help but shake his head as he made his way to the dragon infirmary to check up on her after being shooed away earlier. Really, I'm fine. My appointment... That's right, she had an appointment, and so it was good that he was returning when he was. He clicked his tongue and she made a clicking sound mentally in return, and there was a moment where neither said anything. It was broken by her admittance that It does hurt a little...

'Then I'm going to make sure that gets taken care of as soon as I arrive, my love.' He entered the dragon infirmary and looked around. Seeing no one immediately, he went in search of a healer that could take care of his dragon. The pain that she was feeling, that she'd been trying to hold back from him, was starting to bleed through their connection and the discomfort was making him antsy and irritable. The longer he searched, the longer that irritability rubbed him the wrong way. He frowned when he finally found someone and spoke. "Excuse me." But they didn't seem to notice him, so he stood there and spoke again, then waited a moment. Just as he was about to move on...

"Do you need something?"

He crossed his arms over his chest and lifted his chin. Of course there was something that the healer could do for him. "Yes, of course. You could find me another dragonhealer immediately."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Thu May 16, 2019 6:02 pm

"Yes, of course. You could find me another dragonhealer immediately."

There was already a scowl on Sid's face for reasons other than the giant ass of a man in front of him. Perhaps that was unfair, he didn't know this man and considering his own foul mood he shouldn't be so quick to judge but that was exactly what he was doing. Was he blind? Did he not see his dragonhealer knots on his shoulder? Granted not everyone in the weyr knew he was a dragonhealer, but those knots should have made it rather obvious.

The scowl deepened a bit but he took a deep breath to try and get his irritation under control. "Give me a moment to put these down and I can help you with whatever it is you need." His jaw was clenched and his words were tight, but he would help this greenrider with whatever it was he needed. The part of Sid that was feeling rather cynical at the moment had a feeling that whatever it was probably wasn't important.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 am

"Give me a moment to put these down and I can help you with whatever it is you need."

If there was one thing that Tal couldn't tolerate, it was incompetent healers. This was one either that, or unwilling to do his fucking job, and in either case, it was pissing him off the longer he was made to stand there. His dragon was ill and injured and in pain. Why should he be made to stand there when she was hurting?

"No, you're going to put your shit down now and look at me." He wasn't going to stand by while Weya was hurting, even though she told him to just go find someone else. He was going to deal with this first and then he'd going and find someone. "I want you to find someone for me now. My dragon is in pain, she has been in pain, and I don't want her to be in pain. This is something that should have been dealt with hours ago."

He was't going to stand down. "So go find someone for me or I'll go do it myself and then report you to the nearest Master." When it came to his girl and her well being and comfort, he wasn't afraid to pull the heavy punches; his irritability had risen just enough for those to be drawn out.

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Fri May 17, 2019 6:01 am

"No, you're going to put your shit down now and look at me."

Sid could only stare at the man in disbelief at his harsh commanding tone. Who was he to speak to him that way? As if he wasn't already in a shitty mood.

"I want you to find someone for me now. My dragon is in pain, she has been in pain, and I don't want her to be in pain. This is something that should have been dealt with hours ago."

"You want me...to go find you someone...take more time to do that...instead of just letting me...who is right here...go and help your dragon who apparently should have been dealt with hours ago?" Sid asked with some sarcasm. This wasn't the first irate rider Sid had ever dealt with, but normally he was good at handling them.

"So go find someone for me or I'll go do it myself and then report you to the nearest Master."

That was it...Sid's fist clenched hard. "What the fuck is your problem, man?" He asked as he took a step towards the large greenrider.

Thank Faranth someone else was watching the altercation and managed to intervene by stepping between the two men. A hand pressed against Sid's chest and held him back. "Enough of this, Sid, stop. Go get some rest. You've been awake for almost three days." A fellow dragonhealer and bronzerider, D'kellen told him. Sid glared at the greenrider a moment longer, but then looked at his fellow healer and nodded before he turned around and walked off. D'kellen turned to the greenrider then. "I'm sorry about that. I can help you. You said your green is in pain? How about we take care of that now?"

(Duke used with Ember's permission)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm

There was a moment, a brief knee-jerk reaction where Tal wanted nothing more than to push the other dragonhealer away just so he could go after this Sid person. He wasn't finished with him, and he wasn't finished with Tal, and this wasn't at all over with yet. But Weya pulled him back and so he had to think about her, and rightly so. Reminded of her hurt, which she flashed over him so immediately that he groaned from Duke's question, the man nodded. "She's in quite a bit of pain. I would like it taken care of."

While Duke would have liked the surly man to be a little more thankful for the assistance, he could understand how riders could be when their dragons were in pain. He followed him towards his dragon, smiling when he saw the pretty green - though of course none could be as beautiful as a certain rider's love in his opinion. As he began his examination, he made a mental note to find Sid later and have a talk with him. "Here we go, Weysith." He spoke gently to the green. "We'll get you all taken care of, pretty girl..."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Fri May 17, 2019 8:41 pm

Sid was fuming as he left the dragon side of the infirmary. Who the fuck did that man think he was? He's a rider with an injured dragon. No, he shouldn't have spoken to you that way, but you're usually pretty good at handling people like that. Iolith broke into his thoughts. Yeah, I fucking know that...but still... Sid snapped as he made it to one of the exam rooms where healers often took a nap during long shifts. Take a deep breath, Sid. You're in a bad mood already. I know he didn't help, but there's really no reason to be this upset. I think the bronzerider is right. You need to sleep. Sid let out a breath that turned more into a growl. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been this angry about...anything. It was frustrating. One because of the situation itself and two because he wasn't normally the sort to be this angry.

He knew he should lay down, try and sleep, but at the moment all he could do was pace back and forth and grumble. His fists were still clenched tightly and he had the overwhelming urge to hit something. He was as far from a violent person as they came, so all of this was new and just...annoying. Which only made him angrier.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Duke took care of the green to the best of his abilities, made sure her bandages were changed, and when her comfort level was enough that she was able to sleep because the pain was no longer an issue, and her rider seemed soothed as well, he clasped the man on the shoulder and was pleased when he didn't respond in an ill manner. But that still left the issue of Sid to deal with, and he intended to find the man and speak with him. He spoke briefly to the other Journeyman on duty and asked to have his shift covered for a bit, because he had some business to take care of, but didn't go further into details; this wasn't something that needed to be advertised about anymore than it already had.

Then he spoke to Wojoth. *Warn Iolith. Let him know that I'm coming to speak to his rider and make sure that Sid is either awake or prepared. If he's sleeping, stop me and have him let you know when he's awake next.'

The bronze crooned and shifted where he was curled up on the pavilions. Glancing in the direction of the blue, he tilted his head and spoke to him in a decidedly calm voice despite the situation that their riders had both faced on this day. Then again, it wasn't in his nature to become easily upset. Iolith, if your rider is awake, would you please let him know that mine is looking for him and would like to speak to him. If he's asleep though, please let me know when he's awake, would you?

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Fri May 17, 2019 9:39 pm

Iolith turned his head in the direction of the bronze and nodded his head before he responded to him. He cannot sleep. He is still very agitated. I hope yours might be able to help. The blue informed the bronze so he could pass it on to his rider. Iolith didn't like it when his rider was this upset, though he supposed he could understand. Still, it was so unlike Sid to be this angry. He supposed, though, that angry was better than the deep depression he had experienced in the past.

Iolith then reached out to Sid who was still pacing. Just to give you a heads up, Sid. D'kellen is coming to check on you. Please, talk to him. The brightly colored dragon pleased.

What? No...Iolith. I'm really not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. Sid said, but his words fell on deaf ears. He groaned a little and scrubbed his face. A momentary thought that he needed to shave crossed his mind. It had been days since he last shaved and while he normally sported some scruff this was more of a short beard. Soon enough, he could hear footsteps coming.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 pm

As soon as he reached where Sid was, Duke gave a knock on the nearest panel and waited a moment. He wasn't going to just step inside unannounced, and wanted to give the man some sort of head's up before presenting himself. "Sid, I'm coming inside. Just wanted to let you know."

With that said, the bronzerider stepped into the exam room and closed the door behind him, keeping in front of it and grasping his hips rather than crossing his arms over his chest. He didn't hold the stance of a judgmental person, but rather one of someone with concern. "You may not wish to speak right now, but we need to talk. This isn't something that I can just let sweep past me, Sid, and you know if I don't speak with you, someone else probably will."

He was calm and cool as he spoke, and he genuinely hoped the other man saw the truth in the matter. There was also a hint of concern in his voice, but he wasn't as obvious with it; that would come out more fully in its own time.

— Ray Bradbury —