It's a Jolly Holiday With You (belated Morning after) tag: Kate/Aric

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ainokesshou

Mon May 06, 2019 1:58 am

@Kate

Tag: A'ric/Kate

Somehow Zenith was managing to feel incredibly smug, even while they were both asleep. Aranrod was waking up slowly, though, even as she felt her dragon's overpowering self-satisfaction. She was also beginning to feel an odd soreness - the kind that came from overuse, not injury. That was a kind of sensation she had become quite accustomed to as a weyrling . . .

Oh!

Aranrod came fully awake almost instantly, sitting up and opening her eyes, and already feeling a bit of flush coming to her cheeks. Zenith had risen, and Aranrod had basically thrown herself at the man whose dragon caught her. Certainly nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about by Weyr standards, but she had rather hoped she would be one of those who struggled to remember details after her first Flight.

Aranrod remembered everything.

She pulled her knees in to her chest, moving to bury her face in her knees, at least partially to hide her blush. She was suppressing a giggle at the moment, and feeling silly - she didn't usually sleep bare, as she tended to have lizards in the bed, and their tiny claws could cause painful scratches on bare skin.

Of course, human fingernails could too.

She didn't want to look to see if A'ric was awake yet. Was there something she was supposed to do now? She guessed he would be inclined to wait to leave until at least one of their dragons woke up?

She pulled her knees down away from her chest. Her lizards were not on the bed at the moment - the previous events had been reason enough for them to make themselves scarce, even Danu who tended to steal pillows. They were sleeping in a big pile on the chair, though, and she thought there was clothing under them. Hers? His? She didn't really know.
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kate

Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 am

Lately it seemed that Aric had really gotten into the way Flights were done. While he been a little shy, even probably over shy, at first, now he never really felt all that awkward. This was just how things went here. How many times had he been told that? He always knew that it would be fine to fully participate in the Flights, but part of him had held on to that romantic notion of not being with anyone except the person you are dating, or Weyrmated or married to, whichever happened to be the case. Now though, or for a while anyway, since he and Kit had went their separate ways, he had been a bit more, adventurous.

Now, he slowly started to stir, just laying there for a moment, wondering exactly who’s bed he had ended up in. Maybe he was in his own bed? As the haze of sleep began to lift, all the memories of last night came back to him. So it had been Aranrod’s zultanite who had risen. While he was happy Behemoth won, he also knew, from meeting the young woman at the Weyrling Graduation gathering, that this was her dragon’s maiden Flight. While that had made him a little anxious the night before, once the Flight was in full force, he had forgotten about it. Now though, he sort of found himself hoping that last night had been good for her.

Dark eyes finally opened, and he glanced around. The first thing he noted was that the younger rider was already awake, so he didn’t move. She looked like she was deep in thought, so he would let her be for the moment. His eyes traveled around the room, and he couldn’t help but notice the clothes on the floor. Although, come to think of it, shouldn’t there have been more? That seemed like a kind of small amount of clothes. Maybe they had thrown the rest somewhere else.

Finally, he stretched out a bit, finally loving, hoping he didn’t scare Aranrod too much. ”Morning. How are you feeling after your maiden flight?”
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ainokesshou

Sat May 18, 2019 1:28 am

Aranrod was still looking at her pile of lizards when A'ric woke up beside her. She was certain now that the nest they had made for themselves was composed of clothing they had taken off the floor, and that she would have to separate them and dig into the pile before A'ric could leave.

She didn't notice he was awake until he moved, but it did not startle her. She had assumed he would wake soon.
”Morning. How are you feeling after your maiden flight?”
She shrugged. How did she feel? Physically, she felt a little different. Weirdly sore, but it was okay.

Mostly she felt like a lot of tension had dissipated harmlessly. She had been so worried, built this up in her head to such a big thing, and then it. . . wasn't.

"I feel fine," she said, still feeling a little bewildered about it. "Not really any different than before." Her brother had always bragged about bedding girls like he had permanently soiled them, like they would be a little bit broken and dirty for the rest of their lives. This didn't feel like that at all. Of course, she didn't think A'ric would leave and make boastful claims like that, maybe that was part of the difference.

Or maybe her brother had never affected those women the way he thought he did. Maybe they got a little irritated or even sad when he didn't come back to them but eventually moved on without even a stray thought of him.

"I am glad that it was someone I had at least talked to," she added, thoughtfully. "But I think overall I was worried for nothing."
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kate

Wed May 22, 2019 6:29 pm

A'ric found himself patiently waiting for her answer. Although he was being pateint, there was a part of him that hoped that last night had been everything she had expected. Of course, he wasn't one hundred percent positive, but he assumed it was her first time, as well as her first Flight. That in itself could be a weird combination. Actually, come to think of it that was exactly what had happened to him, and honestly, it had indeed been a bit awkward.

Dark eyes studied her for a moment, a small smile playing on his lips. "Well, I'm glad to hear that." For a few moments, he didn't exactly know what else to say. He didnt want to say anything about the first time, because again, while he knew it was her first Flight, he didnt know if it was her first time or not, and he did not want to make a fool out of himself.

Speaking of making a fool out of himself, he couldn't stop himself from wondering if he had made a fool out of himself last night. Somehow, he doubted it. He was more experienced now than he had been, but, there was always that lingering uneasiness in him.

As she spoke once more, his dark eyes lit up just a little, and a smile played on his face. "I know what you mean by that. It was the same way for me actually, believe it or not. I got caught in the stables with my friend that I'd only known for a little while, but it was better than someone I didnt know at all." Of course, thinking about that day made him frown slightly, but only briefly. Since he had started woking with Mul'rec and Solai, he had been reconnected with Carrot in a way, and he was very glad for that.

Glancing around, he grinned goofily and said, "Well, once I get my clothes, or well, some of them anyway, I can make you some breakfast if you'd like. Unless, you want me to leave." Being the first time, the bronze rider wasn't sue how the young woman would feel about him sticking around.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage