More Family To Meet [Lerina/LdyPayne]

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder
Pronouns: She/Her

Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 pm

Surieka was sitting in her bed in the tent with Lamassuth sitting by her feet. Thankfully, he had gotten used to Sul'tek being around, which was a grateful thing because Suri needed her father, for multiple reasons. But right now, he was talking to her about her aunt, Lerina, coming to meet her. Suri was feeling much better since she was brought to the weyr, which was a wonderful thing for Lamassuth and Sul'tek. "So, do you think you two are up for it?" Sul'tek looked between Suri and Lama, he was asking them both for a good reason.

Suri was still getting her headaches, but she knew that it was going to take a while for that to go away. But she nodded lightly, and looked at the chimera. Fine, but if one claw is put out of line, I will bite. Sul'tek shook his head, "I wouldn't expect anything less of you Lamassuth." Basarolth, can you be a help and call Lerina and Issormoth. Of course. Suri heard the conversation happen between her father and his brown, and she smiled weakly.

These were the moments that she loved her gift. Issormoth, please excuse the intrusion, but Mine would like for you and Yours to come and meet someone. Suri rubbed her temples as she heard Basarolth make the call, and she sighed. "Will the headaches ever go away again dad?" Sul'tek looked from the tent entrance to Suri and he sighed lightly. "Honestly, I don't know. I don't have your gift." Suri sighed as she removed her hands from her temples and waited for her aunts appearance. Lamassuth was now curled up at her feet, just staring at the entrance as if it was going to bite.

Oh, and do be careful when entering, Surieka's dragon is a bit over protective. The brown felt that the warning was necessary, just because of how the brown-blue chimera had acted before when meeting Sul'tek, L'van, and T'brek.

@LdyPayne
LdyPayne

Mon May 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Despite her earlier uncertainty about helping Igenites given how so many treated her poorly Lerina rose to the occasion and did everything she could to help transport the sick and injured to New Atricis. During those many trips back and forth she had seen some of the newest Weyrlings and their definitely non-traditional hatchlings. It had her wonder if the Weyr wasn't in such a state of emergency if any of those hatchlings would have survived. A part of her also wondered if having so many colour mutations would have changed Igen's resistence to accept what nearly every other Weyr on the planet already did, a dragon was a dragon regardless the colour of their hide.

It was only later when as many Igenites were transported to New Atricis as the Southern Weyr could manage was done Lerina wondered about Sul'tek's daughter and a few other relations she hadn't been able to contact. Her brother in law was fine as was her older sister though both bore traces of stress and sickness from what happened. They will recover in time as will most of the people she helped bring over which was a relief. She did learn her niece had indeed Impressed and to a Chimera of all things. In a way Lerina was pleased to know Surieka did bond to a non-traditional colour but even more pleased to know she'll be at New Atricis where she wouldn't be treated poorly for something she hadn't any control over. The dragon chooses their rider not the other way around. The fact the Chimera was a mix of blue and brown was also interesting for various reasons.

Her short time as an Infirmary Aide prior to Impressing came in handy as she helped out however she could to settle the sick and injured in their new home. Whether Igen Weyr will be rebuilt Lerina had no idea and in all honesty she hoped if it was it was by people with a far more open mind than the current Weyrleader and Weyrwoman.

>Basarolth tells me his rider wishes to see you, apparently to meet somebody.> Issormoth relayed to his rider. He paused as his fellow brown added an additional message. >He also warns Surieka's dragon is over protective. Not that I would allow him to harm you.>

Lerina perked up when Issormoth told her Sul'tek wanted to introduce her to somebody. It could only mean Surieka was ready to meet her and Lerina was anxious to do so. The warning of her dragon being over protective was acknowledged but Lerina wasn't worried. She meant no harm to either, quite the contrary really but she understood why the Chimera would be cautious. Issormoth was much the same back when he was young and for good reason.

"Let them know I'm on my way," Lerina informed Issormoth. She knew where the refugees were being housed till more permanent accommodations could be built and it was easy to spot Sul'tek's dragon. Lerina had seem him often enough to be able to identify him from a distance.

<My rider comes,> Issormoth informed Basarolth.

It didn't take Lerina long to reach the tents for the displaced Igenites and make her way towards Surieka's tent. Remembering Issormoth's warning she slowed before getting close to the tent entrance and stopped before actually entering.

"Hello in there, I'm Lerina," Lerina called out before stepping just inside the tent. She spotted Sul'tek gave him a smile then looked over at her niece and gave her a smile as well. Lerina made no attempt to approach further into the tent. Looking at the Hatchling who was between her and her niece and looking quite ready to bite if he saw her as any sort of threat, Lerina inclined her head towards him.

"Hello to you Lamassuth," she said. "My name is Lerina, rider of brown Issormoth and Aunt to your lovely Surieka. I'm a stranger to you and her both for now but I would truly love to get to know you both better. I too was born in Igen and know all too well how cruel and unfair many would treat you and your rider. I assure you I would never treat anybody that way, certainly not somebody as special as my niece or yourself."
Tyriani

Thu May 09, 2019 2:16 am

They come. Sul'tek nodded and looked at Surieka. He knew that she had heard him, just by the look in her eyes, and the fingers at her temples. He didn't know where she had gotten the HAD ability, but he could tell that it was just plain torture to her at the moment. But Lamassuth seemed to be taking care of it by humming some reassurance to her. It was strange, but Sul'tek was not going to say anything against it. Lamassuth heard Lerina coming up first before Basarolth could warn them that she was there.

The chimera just stared at the entrance to the tent, waiting for the woman to make herself known. Sul'tek pulled a chair over for Lerina while she spoke to Lamassuth. Surieka had been told of Lerina in messages, but she never thought that she was going to meet her right away. Not while sick at least. This wasn't the kind of impression that she wanted to really make, but it was too late, right? Lamassuth listened to her words though, and searched through Suri's memories for the treatment that was given to her after her grandfather was gone from Igen.

It angered the chimera, but he still relaxed to Lerina. He could tell that she spoke the truth, but he was still going t watch her. "Hello Lerina, it is a pleasure to meet you, I just wish it could have been under better circumstances." Surieka's voice wasn't as weak as it had been when she first arrived, which was a nice little blessing to the small family that was constantly here. But it was still a bit weak. Sul'tek had already sat back down in his chair and motioned for Lerina to come and join them. "Sitting will probably be better. Lamassuth won't feel as threatened."

Even thought the threat seemed to be gone for now, Lamassuth still watched. How can I know that I can trust you to be around Mine? How do I know you won't harm her? Lamassuth, the rider's here don't purposely harm one another. Even though the brown outside has spoken up, it still didn't seem to comfort the chimera. He was worried, but protective. Suri couldn't help but sigh and touch his head. "I do apologize."
LdyPayne

Fri May 10, 2019 7:28 pm

"The circumstances may not be idea but I'm glad to have you here safe and sound," Lerina replied. She took the offered seat and gave a smile to Sul'tek before turning her attention to her niece. "You and Lamassuth will thrive here and you will be back to full health in no time. The South is very good for healing and Lamassuth will find good company among the other Chimeras of New Atricis.

<Be weary of Wraith, he's not so friendly,> Issormoth adviced, showing the young blue/brown an image of the often nasty Chimera. >The majority of dragons here will treat you and your rider with dignity and respect as all should. Zenjarth is an especially good dragon and my Sire even as his rider is the sire of my Lerina.>

Lerina was aware of the conversation Issormoth was having with the young chimeria but when Lamassuth addressed her directly she understood his delimma. It took her awhile to trust other riders including her own father when she first arrived here and she didn't blame the young Chimera for being suspicious.

"There isn't any way for you to know for you don't know me," Lerina responded. "You will see for yourself I can be trusted in time when I prove I mean no harm to your rider by my actions and not just by my word."

"Don't worry about it Surieka, he's young and he hatched in a place that was thrown into chaos due to the Earthquake and resulting illness. Issormoth was protective as well but he's learned as have I New Atricis is a good Weyr with leaders who value the welbeing of the Weyr as a whole instead of their own self-interest."

@Tyriani
Tyriani

Fri May 17, 2019 3:18 am

Sul'tek was going to basically just fade into the background now. He was mainly here to be a minor buffer for Lamassuth, but he had a feeling the the Chimera was going to do perfectly fine today. Surieka smiled weakly though at her aunt. "This is very true. It is wonderful to feel safe once more." Truthfully, she hadn't felt safe after a majority of her family had left Igen, but she hadn't been able to voice this while there, in fear of the repercussions. But of course, she hasn't told anyone any of that, not even her father.

But at the talk about Chimeras, it seemed to perk both her's and Lamassuth's attention. "There are more Chimeras?" She looked at Lamassuth who seemed to actually hum at the thought of not being the only strange looking dragon. But a fear was in Suri's mind, and it reached the chimera. She had heard the Brown warn Lamassuth of another Chimera. "Who is this Wraith? I don't want to run into a dragon who is going to be mean. Not right now." Now, is the conversation between Issormoth and Lamassuth was private, she had still heard it, thanks to her gift.

She looked at Lerina though when Lamassuth had addressed her, and she sighed lightly. Since you are warning us of bad dragons, that must mean I can trust you. Suri looked at Lamassuth and she could have hugged the brown-blue at the moment, but she held back. She didn't want to startle him. Lerina addressed her then and she smiled softly then.

"Thank you, it is good to know that this might pass." She didn't know what else to say, as she was stumped. She didn't know what else there was to ask at the moment, and the silence seemed to grow a little bit to where it made Lamassuth squirm a little bit before he spoke up. What did the shy pebble wish for? That she was a little boulder. Surieka and Sul'tek both looked at the Chimera before Sul'tek started to laugh at the joke. "My Surieka, it looks like Lamassuth is a little joker."
LdyPayne

Sun May 19, 2019 6:57 pm

When Surieka asked her who Wraith was Lerina was surprised then realized Lamassuth must have relayed what Issormoth had told him. Why Issormoth felt the need to warn the young chimera about Wraith she wasn't sure. She hadn't interacted with either Wraith or his rider and doubted Surieka would need worry as she at least knew Locke wasn't a Weyrlingmaster Assistant nor in any of the fighting wings.

"Wraith is a Pyrite/Opal Chimera with a reputation of liking to bite those he doesn't trust. I never had any direct interaction with either him nor his rider so I'm pretty sure you and Lamassuth don't need to worry." Lerina assured her niece. "The other Chimera we have is Israfeth and it's easy to spot her as she's a Garnet/Pewter and is really quite gorgeous. Wraith looks rather sinister with his nearly black hide and white face which makes him look like he's wearing a mask."

"I don't know either rider so I can't say what they are like personally but I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about either being mean."

As silence fell between them Lerina realized it was quickly falling into an uncomfortable silence and was about to make some comment to hopefully bring things on a more friendly and light air when Lamassuth broke into her thoughts with his clever quip. Sul'tek was laughing and Lerina certainly couldn't hold in her own amusement at the joke. It seemed like Lamassuth had a good sense of humour not to mention great timing.

"That was very good Lamassuth," Lerina complimented him. She could hear Issormoth's own appreciation of the joke in her mind. Looking back at her niece she smiled.

"You're going to do alright here Surieka even if everything seems so strange and scary. Did you have any questions about New Atricis? I'm sure Sul'tek told you plenty but maybe there are things you'll like to know from a woman's perspective?"

@Tyriani
Tyriani

Tue May 21, 2019 4:20 am

Surieka could tell that her aunt was confused then, and she instantly knew why. Issormoth's speech wasn't to the entire room. She groaned as she placed her head in her hands then. "I am so sorry. I used to be able to tell the difference between private speech and non-private speech. But ever since I got sick, I haven't been able to tell the difference." She didn't know if she needed to say that she was a Hear All after that statement. She meant her apology though, she did feel bad. Surieka lifted her head and tried to ignore the sinking feeling that she had. She had a feeling that everyone was going to find out about this and that she was going to get picked on or looked at wrong again. She knew that Lerina wouldn't say anything, but another rider might if the accident happens.

But even still, she listened to the little miniature briefing that she was given about the Chimeras on the weyr and she nodded. She and Lamassuth both took mental notes about them to be sure that they remembered. One thing about Lamassuth was that his memory was better than a normal dragons, which seemed to make things a little easier on Surieka. "They both sound pretty looking, much like Lamassuth. But the coloring of Wraith does startle me a bit by the description." No need to worry Surieka, I won't let him harm you. I know, it is you I worry about. The silent conversation ended with Lamassuth's joke.

It was nice to know that she wasn't going to be the only one who appreciated his jokes. It was nice to hear him joke again really. He hasn't done much of it since the hatching. She could hear the appreciation of both of the browns outside and it made her smile lightly. Lamassuth didn't answer, but he did give a hum of his own thanks. "He is probably thinking of more for later. He knows I love his jokes." She smiled at her aunt again and thought on things. Was there anything that she needed to worry about? Then she thought about the flights that Lamassuth was bound to join when he reached the age. But, her father was still in the tent, so perhaps that could be a question for another day. She didn't feel like embarrassing herself in front of her father.

"How are the women of non-traditional colors treated here? I know father said that it is nothing like Igen, but I know you can understand my fear. Most of the weyrlings who came with are traditionalists I think." Yes, the fear of being an outcast in her own weyrling class was a thought that has crossed her mind since she first woke up from the hatching. It was something that worried her. Something that made her fear ever getting out of this very tent.