Not Like This [Tyriani]

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Berry
Pronouns: She/Her

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:11 pm

T'brek took a deep breath, the fingers of his right hand toying with the edge of his tunic. He was feeling a sense of nervousness that hadn't plagued him in quite awhile. It was... odd and he wasn't sure why he was feeling this way. It wasn't like his niece would even be conscious at this point.

Well it has been... eighteen turns since you've seen Suri last?

Yeah and I'm fairly certain she wouldn't recognize me. Visiting someone while they're not feeling well and being all 'Hey I don't know if you recognize me but I'm your uncle!', may not be the best idea. Yet that sort of thought process wasn't keeping T'brek from making his way to the tents in the weyryard.

You're worried about her, and her newly bonded dragon as well.

"Immensely." The rider muttered to himself and his dragon.

I'm sure a visit will do them both well, but just be cautious. I've heard from Basarolth that Lamassuth is being highly protective and a bit violent, so just be careful. So much has happened to them both in such a short amount of time. Requieth met him in the weyr yard, the pewter settling himself the best he could next to the tent without being in the way. Lamassuth, are you and yours feeling well enough for company? Mine is Surieka's uncle and would like to visit you both. The pewter figured he would try and be soothing and polite as possible for the stressed pair.

T'brek hoped the young chimera didn't mind because his concern and worry would only be sated by seeing Suri for himself. That and potentially pestering a healer about her health and treatment. Though the healers were already busy right now... it would be rude to distract them. He had to know though. T'brek had been given another chance to learn more about his family and try to reforge bonds he'd tried to sever turns ago. He didn't want this chance to pass him by.
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:36 pm

Suri was awake and trying to feed Lamassuth. But the chimera seemed to have different things on his mind, like when Suri was going to get better. Don't worry Lamassuth, I will get better. I can't leave you now can I? I won't let you leave me. This made Suri smile and even though a dragon was speaking to Lamassuth, Surieka could still hear the same question. The joys of being a sick hear all apparently. Tell him he can Lamassuth. It will be nice to see uncle T'brek and I bet he is worried. But can he be trusted with you? Yes.

The chimera didn't seem fully convinced, but he still relayed Suri's message since she was still too weak to do so. You and yours are allowed. But one wrong move, and I will bite you both until you leave. Really? Yes. Suri sighed as she lifted herself up in the bed to be ready to see her uncle. She hasn't seen him in so long that she couldn't even remember. But that was perhaps because it had been a great number of turns.

But she also didn't know if this was the best time to see her, but her family was worried, and she wasn't going to reject them. They just needed to be sure that they were careful. But at her feet now was a growing brown-blue chimera that was being clingy yet again. She didn't know when he was going to grow out of this, but she did enjoy it a little bit. It was a good way to avoid having to hear others, unless they spoke to him directly.
Berry

Tue May 07, 2019 1:13 am

Lamassuth says we can go in, but be careful. He's got quite the set of chompers and isn't afraid to use them, or so he says. Requieth's voice sounded amused towards the end but he was still sincere. These two were a bit fragile at the moment with Suri's health and their new bond being tested far more than most weyrlings.

Got it. T'brek agreed, he pushed aside the tent flap and stepped inside.

"Hey there kiddo. Long time no see." The endearing nickname fell from his lips easily, even if Suri would've been to young to remember the last time he'd used it. "Also, thank you Lamassuth for letting us visit and for keeping Suri safe." T'brek had no doubt that his niece was a strong woman. She came from a strong and stubborn bloodline after all.

He found a small stool to sit on and scooted closer to the cot. T'brek was able to actually get a decent look at both of them. Tired is what came to mind first, but they were awake and had enough energy to talk to some old guy for a bit. That was good. "Are things really as bad as they've been saying?" He and Requieth had been at the weyr and helping but hadn't been a ferrying pair so he hadn't seen what condition Igen had been in.
Tyriani

Thu May 09, 2019 2:05 am

Surieka wasn't entirely sure how this was going to go. Normally, her father was here with them when someone new came to meet her. Mainly because Basarolth seemed to be the only one right now who was able to get through to Lamassuth to make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid. But, Suri was going to have to learn to control the chimera at some time, right? Why not start today and see how it goes. Behave okay Lamassuth. I don't want to have to explain anything to Sul'tek and Basarolth on how you bite my uncle and his dragon. No promises, but I will try. You are mine to protect, that means I will protect you.

Surieka sighed lightly as she looked at her uncle as he came in. She couldn't help but smile, the nickname was vaguely familiar, as if she had heard it before. Of course, it had been turns since she last saw T'brek. But even still, the nickname was a welcome thing. It was something old and familiar, not new and strange like her new home. Of course, she had wanted to come here, but not like this. "Hi uncle." But she looked at Lamassuth as T'brek addressed the weyrling and she held her breath. It is my job now. I will make sure that she is always safe, even if that means chasing away those who claim to love her. Suri groaned then and she shook her head.

"He doesn't mean you uncle. He knows that you love me, he is just, really protective and clingy." She looked at Lamassuth as he moved closer to her feet and she sat up so that he could lay his head on her lap. "The Dragonhealer's say that it is most likely because of what happened at out impression." She stroked the chimera's head, only to see greens and blues swirl in his eyes. It made her happy to see those colors. She knew that she was going to survive the fever, but it was going to take time. The thought of Igen made her nod softly.

"It's horrible. The Weyr was gone, and the fever crept in. Only a few eggs were able to be saved from the falling rocks. Thankfully, Lamassuth's was one of those eggs." She smiled softly, loving the bond that she had, but her mind still went to a dark place. "I just wish that Rifturn would have been able to come with." The depression could be seen in her eyes, and Lamassuth could hear it in her mind. Oranges and reds started to slowly mix in with the blues and greens, showing his jealousy and anger that she still thought of her son.
Berry

Tue May 14, 2019 12:57 am

While what Lamassuth said could be considered a threat and, well, it was a threat, it didn't upset T'brek. He was happy to hear that his niece had someone to protect her and keep her safe. While that type of personality was tiring for a rider at first, he had no doubt the chimera would grow up to be a dependable dragon. After all look had what happened with Requieth. The pewter had been quite possesive as a weyrling but as he'd matured, they'd managed to gain a position as a wingthird.

I heard that. You needed someone to keep you company, considering you got into far to much trouble as a child. Requieth chimed in, sensing his riders thoughts.

"No offense taken, I'm glad you've got someone to watch your back at least. I'm sorry to hear your bonding wasn't the pleasant event most other's get to experience." T'brek winced. The whole Igen thing sounded awful. So many were ill and injured. So many were truly suffering.

T'brek could see the pain in Suri's eyes. He could only imagine everything she'd lost or been forced to leave behind. She was here with family, but he wondered if it was enough to ease the pain inside her heart. The red, and orange that began to whirl in Lamassuth's eyes. That was worrisome, but he trusted Suri to soothe him. T'brek really wasn't the best with emotional stuff. "You've lost so much, but you're here with us. You can't replace everything but, if it helps we can help you rebuild... something at least. You'll always have a place at Atricis. I'm sure your dad has said something similar too?" Well there, T'brek had tried at least. Hopefully it wouldn't make things any worse.
Tyriani

Fri May 17, 2019 4:16 am

Surieka wouldn't hold anything against her uncle and his dragon if they felt like leaving and never talking to her until Lamassuth calmed down. Shards, she was expecting to become a social pariah at this rate. But she had heard what Requieth said to T'brek and she couldn't help but laugh a little bit. "Uncle, you were a troublemaker while young? I must hear these stories!" Of course, right now, she had a hard time telling the difference between a private conversation and a public one. She wasn't always like this, but being as weak as she was, she wasn't able to fully shield herself away from the private conversations.

But when the topic of Igen and her bonding came back up, she sighed and nodded lightly. But when she felt Lamassuth starting to get angry and jealous again, she reeled the thoughts back and moved herself so that she could hug the chimera. I am sorry Lamassuth, please forgive me. I promise I am trying. The weyrling seemed to calm down at her touch, and even more at her words to him. He knew that she was trying, but it was still hard on him to share her love and affection for someone, especially a dead someone.

But Suri looked back at T'brek and managed a weak smile. "Thank you uncle. My father has assured me that I am home and I won't be sent away. But there is still that sinking feeling that Igen is going to try to take me back still, even if they don't approve of Lamassuth's coloration." She sighed as she rubbed his head knobs. That was the sinking fear in her, and she had an even smaller fear that it was going to happen. She didn't want it to happen, but what if it did.

Then I will protect you. She shook her head at the thought and was about to speak, when the awkward silence finally hit Lamassuth. How many bones are in the human hand? A handful of them.