Flying to New Beginnings [Tag: Ember/Th'ren]

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Fri May 17, 2019 11:55 pm

She nodded when he explained she should hold onto him, and not to worry about holding too tight if she needed to. One last wave was given to her parents, a true final goodbye before she held onto Th'ren and his dragon took off. Her stomach leaped and dropped with the sudden feelings of rising yet falling at the same time. With a surprised squeak of a sound she gripped him with her arms harder for a sense of stability. She clenched her eyes shut as the wind whipped around her face and her hood off of her head, feeling her hair snapping in the wind of the flight. After a moment, she dared opening her eyes, squinting in the sun, but looking, and seeing the Hall and Hold retreating beneath and behind them. It was mostly a blur to her, unable to make out details, but she knew enough to know what she was looking at, and what parts were what as they left it behind.

She blinked and looked back forward, leaning slightly to look up at Weysith's head as she flew them out a ways. She had never heard a dragon in her mind before, and it was... she didn't even know how to explain it. Like the words were just there in her mind, but she knew they weren't her own thoughts, having a quality that was foreign to her mind. Then, a smile came to her features, and she patted Weysith again.

*It's beautiful* she thought, not sure how to direct the thought toward the dragon, or if she could hear her at all, but not thinking it wise to shout over the wind noise. She looked out though, at the colors below them that came and went in her vision. And the wind in her face, while strong, was... it felt freeing almost, something she had never experienced before after spending a lifetime behind papers and desks. Even as she got comfortable enough to enjoy the flight a little and the sights she could decipher, she still held onto Th'ren tightly, a little afraid she might fall despite the straps holding her safely in place.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat May 18, 2019 12:37 am

They would fly a little longer before Th'ren decided it was bound time to go. He knew Weya would keep flying for ages if she could, but he didn't want to keep their passenger waiting for longer if they could help it. Knowing how the wind was, he leaned back as much as he dared and turned his head, just enough to be able to talk back to her with a raised voice he hoped would be sounded over the wind. "We're about to go between. Count to three," he held up three fingers. "And hold your breath, and when we come out, you'll need to release it." That's what he'd been taught the first time he'd ever gone on a trip to that dark chill.

With that said, and a final rumble from Weya, the green circle the territory a final time, a final parting glance before taking the coordinates she'd been spared and blinking into darkness...

...only to reappear on the count of three, on the need to release breath, as promised, above New Atricis Weyr. The air was a touch warmer than it had been at Fort, despite the fact that he knew it to be Winter in the South, and with the slight differences in time, he knew they would just be entering a new period of the day. The green circle a moment to give them a good look at the grounds while also communicating with one of the dragons nearby, and after a moment or two, she landed daintily enough, hoping not to jar her passenger too much. "And there we have it." Th'ren said to Mina as he started to remove the straps. "Your first trip on a dragon. I hope it was enjoyable for you, Journeywoman?" He asked politely as he turned to release her of her bounds.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Sat May 18, 2019 2:52 am

She listened, twisting her head so that her ear could more easily catch the words being thrown back and away by the wind. Sure she caught what he explained, she gave him a clear nod, not trusting herself to be able to get her voice loud enough to be heard. So count to three, hold her breath, release it when they come out of between.

When Weysith circled once more, Mina took one more look at her lifelong home, seeing it from a vantage she had never seen before. Shapes that told her where the Hall was, where the barracks for apprentices lie, and the archives. She watched it go one last time, bidding it a farewell in her mind before reaching out to little Lyric mentally, telling him where to go from here. He would meet with her sister at the Weyr, the warning she would get of her arrival.

Then between hit her senses. Everything went black, still, like nothing aside for the dragon beneath her and the rider she held onto. The cold of nothing bit into her skin quickly, and she was silently glad for the jacket. But it was only a few seconds. One. Two, Three. And then it was gone, the sky returned, but the color of the sky seemed totally different, as well as the time of day. Her mind reeled from the sudden change in the world and air around her, the warmer feel of the weather for the area. And below stretched out the Weyr, shapes signifying the different buildings that made up the Weyr before they began their descent.

As much as Weysith tried to be careful, Mina couldn't help but cling tighter to Th'ren again as they descended and her stomach dropped from the change in sensation. She was glad for her grip on him when they landed, the movement of the careful landing shaking her just a bit. But now they were on the ground, the deafening wind was gone, and everything smelled and already sounded different around her. She squinted in the southern sunlight again, but listened to his words.

"Your first trip on a dragon. I hope it was enjoyable for you, Journeywoman?"

She smiled at him. "Oh yes, that was... exhilarating," she admitted with a nod. Once free of the straps he undid for her, she wiggled out of the jacket he had loaned to her, and then flipped her hood back up over her hair and face so she could be shielded from the sun again. With his help, she was able to get down off the lovely green safely, even if a little bit unsure of herself as she did. She was thankful for Th'ren's help getting her down onto the ground, glad to feel the solidness beneath her feet again as she took in a deep breath of the Atrician air.

"Thank you, lovely Weysith, the flight was a wonderful experience," she told the green directly, giving the green a grateful pat on the neck, not feeling it was too forward of her to do so after having just been on her great neck.

"Oh, my things, will, ummm, perhaps will you need help? I apologize I am not stronger, will we need to get someone's help to take them down from your Weysith?" She thought for a moment, reaching out for Lyric and feeling he was nearby. "My sister may be able to help once she gets here. I sent my flitt here to her so she would know I was on the way." She couldn't help but glance around the Yard.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
ImageImage