Here Comes That Feeling ~ { tag } Slasher / Mar'co

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:19 pm

[ Takes place the morning after Through A Golden Haze. ]

Waking up was something she didn't want to do. For all she'd always found her dreams filled with visions of heartache and anger, last night they'd been soft and sweet, and leaving them was a difficult journey that left her heart aching. But it was soothed when realization dawned on her as to why things had feel so comforting overnight, why the dreams had been some of the best she'd ever had, and a soft sigh escaped her before realization could strike. "Marrow..."

She whispered his name and her eyes fluttered shut as she allowed herself a moment to enjoyed the feel of him around her, the scent of him under her nose, the general knowledge of all he'd said to her during their night of fire. She wanted so much to press her lips to some of the places his had been on her own body, which still rested against his, very much naked and exposed, and it was only as her leg started to move along his that the aforementioned realization started to hit.

Her Ebonmark...

He might not know what it was, or meant, but he was a child of Walled like she was, and there was always that chance, and she simply didn't want to risk him seeing it. She didn't want to think about what would happen if he had during the night and recalled it this morning. Carefully, she extracted herself from his arms, as painful a thing as it was to do, and reached over the edge of the bed for her clothes, only to come in contact with his shirt.

She shivered as she brought it to her face and pressed it against the fabric. No, she couldn't just leave him, even if this was her apartment, but she did need a few moments to slip away from him and relax, to calm down and perhaps remind herself that the chances of him having seen her 'mark were next to zero. She slipped his shirt over her head and climbed out, went to the brazier to make klah and hugged herself as she watched him sleep while it brewed.

You're happy but confused? How can you both both? Shouldn't you be one or the other? And then you would rather be happy, wouldn't you? She felt herself lean, mentally, towards the voice in her thoughts and nodded. She was happy, she could tell she was, but the confusion came over things she oculdn't share with her blue, for he wouldn't quite understand what those things meant.

When the klah was finished, she served herself a mug and set one aside and near the heat to keep it warm for Marrow, then went to settle herself someplace to sit and watch him while he continued to sleep. Part way through the mug, she saw him begin to stir, and she lowered the mug from her mouth, choosing to speak in case he could hear her. "There's klah, and I'll go and get breakfast in a few moments if you'd like."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:01 pm

It had been a wonderful night. Marrow hadn't slept so well in a long time. Everything about the moments of the evening previous had been just too perfect, why would he ever want to move from that? He was so dead asleep that he didn't even register when the warmth of Na'vi had left his arms. Several long moments after she did though, he moved, curling a bit as he pulled a wad of blanket and pillow in to replace the lack of warm body within his embrace.

After a bit though, it penetrated his sleeping mind that what he was hugging was no longer the lithe form of his favorite blue rider. His own eyes fluttered open, and he caught the vague shape of movement. Rolling over, he sat up a little, realizing he was alone in the bed. Well, that was a sad state of affairs, really...Rolling back the other way, he lay back on the cushions, letting his eyes lazily drag across the room. It wasn't long that he found her seat, and a slow, slightly smug smile curled his lips, ”Well hello there, gorgeous.”

At the mention of klah, his gut wrenched a bit, twisting in need, ”Klah in bed? You better be careful spoiling me, a man could get used to this.” He pulled himself up a bit and leaned back against the back of her bed, waiting patiently for her to come closer. Oh, there was more to address than just klah, but it was going to wait a moment.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Wed May 01, 2019 2:29 am

She hesitated at first, not because she didn't want to go, but because she wondered if she deserved this piece of comfort in her life. If he knew of what was going on behind her head as she watched him, would he still want her in his arms? She didn't realize her thoughts were bleeding over to Chinolth until the blue spoke up, and in a moment that she knew she could trust him to keep his word, the blue spoke to her with wise words that were unlike him. I can see what you're thinking, and feeling. You could have told me, Na'vi. But I understand and I will keep your secrets with me. Now go get some comfort, and enjoy yourself. Klah can wait.

Oh, if only he knew how little klah had to do with what Marrow likely wanted to see her about. She felt flush begin to press against her cheeks as memories of the night before rushed through her mind, and she thought she wouldn't mind a repeat of that. Or that, quite possibly that as well...

Setting her half-empty mug aside, she slid her legs over the edge of the couch and stood up, a touch nervous as she walked back towards the bed, towards him. Her gaze never lowered as she moved, wanting to hold onto to the image of him, and the way he looked at her, for as long as she could. When she reached the bed, she crawled back onto it and curled up against his side, finding comfort there that only Chinolth had ever been able to provide her with. "I didn't bite too hard last night, did I?" She asked, trying to break some of the tension, if only that which existed in her own mind.

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Sun May 05, 2019 5:06 pm

His eyes followed her sinuous movement as she slid off the couch, and approached the bed. She wasn't a 'curvy' woman, voluptuous was not a word that would describe her. But she was a beauty in her own way, and he drank the sight of her in. Never mind the klah, everything could wait as long as she moved closer to him. The way she walked, her hips swaying the slightest bit, his shirt hitting her knees, and the thought of what might not be on underneath it...

The man couldn't help but just greedily stare. He was going to take full advantage of the time they had together like this. He had thought about her for a long time up to that point, and the fact that it seemed like his feelings were reciprocated...As she reached the bed and slid up onto it, curling into his side, he draped his arm around her shoulders and down her side, his fingers curling against the shirt and holding her tight.

At her question, he chuckled, a deep, rolling sound that could almost be felt more in his chest as opposed to heard. Reaching his other arm over to pull her tight against him, his foot moved so her leg was over his a bit, ”I have no complaints. You're perfect.” He turned his head and kissed her hair, his hand lifting to caress her cheek, ”I hope I wasn't too rough with you either...”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Sun May 12, 2019 3:34 am

She felt warm and secure in his arms, like nothing in the world could get to her so long as she was in the place she was right this moment. She closed her eyes as he spoke, when his lips touched her hair, and for a moment she could pretend that nothing outside of her apartment could get at her. Not Thread, not illness, not even the Ebonmark could reach her. The only thing she wanted aside from her dragon was Marrow, and right now, she had the man and she was content.

"No, you were perfect. Everything was perfect. Everything it perfect." She didn't want to open her eyes though. If she did, it would break that spell of perfection. She would have to face reality and all that it contained. She knew it was inevitably that she would have to but for now, she just wanted to pretend. "Is it something you'd like to do again?" She settled her hand on his stomach, used her fingers a moment later to trace the lines of muscles all the way up to his chest. "And again... and again... and again..."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Tue May 14, 2019 4:56 pm

He felt her press against him, and his arms obligingly tightened on her as he just basked in the moment. This was...better than he ever thought it would be. He had thought about her a lot of course, about this very scenario, but he had really had no real dreams that his feelings might be returned even a little, let alone seemingly in kind. Her words couldn't help but bring a broad grin to his face, his expression a bit wolfish, predatory as he turned a bit towards her.

His hand drifted down from her shoulder, following the thin line of her side to her hip, and then further down, his fingers curling on the flesh of her rump, ”I have no problem diving into this head first, if you're up for it.” Instead of waiting for her response though, the hand drifted down more, wandering between her legs and lightly pressing. The fabric of his tunic she was wearing was still blocking any further advances, but that was fine with him at the moment, it just added to the tease.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 3:52 am

She wriggled against him, wanting those fingers against skin instead of pressed up on fabric, and she batted at his shoulder to try and make him stop his teasing. She leaned in to nip at his shoulder, because two could play at that game, and it was only as she pressed her tongue to his skin that she realized she was acting quite unlike herself. She wasn't behaving like she normally would, she wasn't keeping to herself in any way, this was hardly behaving like the Na'vi that had come to the Weyr Turns prior. It was shock enough to her system that she felt her body begin to roll away from him, a stark reminder that maybe she shouldn't allow herself these pleasures when...

The mark on her hip burned, and she suddenly reached for the hem of the shirt to pull on it, hoped he wouldn't think to pull it up on her and look down. Fuck, this was not what she had hoped for, and yet she didn't want to just ask him to leave. But if he stayed... "I'm, sorry Marrow..." She swallowed and sat up, tucking her hair behind her ears and looked around, wondering what she was doing. She didn't want to get him mixed up in this mess, she didn't want to risk him or Roth, not when they both meant so much to her.

She closed her eyes against the sudden swell of weak emotion and shook her head, fighting what she should do. "I... I don't know what to do right now..."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:58 am

He had no problem obliging as she turned into him, and he felt her lips, and then her teeth drag against his skin as she nipped him. A low, quiet rumble hit his throat, not quite a growl, but threatening one. His hand trekked deeper on instinct, fingers idley working their way to the edge of the cloth. And then she was turning away, and he pulled his hand back as if something bit him, ”I'm sorry, I didn't mean-” She was pulling further away, sitting up, and he worked his own torso up until he was sitting up beside her, the sheet pooling in his lap.

”I... I don't know what to do right now...”

Her words rang in his ears, her tone one that he would never have thought to hear from her. Her eyes closed, and he reached for her even as she withdrew into herself a bit. He grabbed her, firm hands tightening on her shoulders, dragging her into his lap. His arm hooked around her to hold her while the other moved towards her face, gently trailing a thumb across her fair cheek, ”You don't have to do anything. Nothing has to happen. Just let me hold you, let me take care of you for a minute, and you just relax.” He wasn't sure what the sudden change was about, but he knew one thing...He didn't care. He had known for a while, but he had realized it in full the night previous, but...He would do anything for Na'vi. What had started a tentative friendship had evolved to something much, much more. At least for him. So at that moment, he didn't care what it might be, but it was obvious she was hurting somehow.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:41 am

What had she done to deserve him in her life? She couldn't quite understand what it was and she wasn't sure if she should question why he was doing all of this for her. Perhaps it was best if she just kept quiet on the matter, just allowed herself to sink in and enjoy it all, because in reality, it felt good, really good to be in his arms and she didn't want to risk losing all of that. If she told him about who she was, what she was, where she came from... fuck, it would be gone, all of it.

Na'vi nuzzled against him and nodded, her arm and leg sliding around him to hold herself ever closer to him. She didn't want to let go of this man that had come to mean so much to her in such a short period of time. If she did that, he would be gone, she was sure of it. She closed her eyes and tried to rest, but all she could sense and feel was him, and it kept her awake, so she opened them and looked up at his face, smiled and reached up to curve her fingers over his cheek.

"Tell me," she wanted to know. "Tell me what I did to deserve you. What it is I do to keep you." She didn't know, didn't understand, not after what she'd been through as a child, as a girl, as a young woman. She reached up to brush her lips over his before drawing back to rest her head in the crook of his neck, then changed her mind to instead press her ear over his heart.

She loved him, she knew she did, but she was afraid to tell him. What if he didn't love her? What if she told him and he laughed? What if she said something and it all went wrong? She ran her fingers over his chest and waited for his response. Maybe depending on what he said, she would tell him. Maybe.

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:23 pm

As she turned into him, he smiled a bit to himself, the expression obscured by the angle of their faces. His arms tightened around her, just holding. Not squeezing, or pushing, but just there. A safe place for her to just be for a moment. His eyes met hers as he felt her fingers graze his cheek, threading through his facial hair with a slight tickle, and he smiled again, ”Maybe it's the other way around, eh? Maybe I deserve you. Maybe you're my reward. Or my punishment...” His tone wasn't accusing or negative. In fact, it held a slightly more playful lilt.

”Considering how voracious you were last night, you'll probably end me with sheer exhaustion...Though it would be an enjoyable way to die, I would admit.” But his hand lifted even after he joked, and touched her cheek in kind, his fingertips grazing the very edges of her cheekbone, ”And darling, I'm not going anywhere. I can't stay away from you any longer.” He happily responded to her soft kiss, then kissed her head as she tucked it down. The feeling of her fingertips was a light tickle across his chest, one that made him smile as he glanced down to watch her dancing digits.

The smile grew, and he realized...”Na'vi, I love you.”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage