Show Me The Way ~ tag: Parker / Fox

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:14 am

No.

Just no.

It had been so long since he'd been on a dragon that Koda had forgotten how awful actually being on one was. Wearing leathers, going between, being thrust into the air and having to deal with straps. None of that was for him and he honestly was having a difficult time grasping how riders were able to tolerate it all during each day, in and out. No, the water would do him just fine, being on the back of a pearl was meant for him always, and yet no matter how much he might bitch about it, he wasn't going to let it effect this little mission of his due to the fact that it was kind of important.

The purpose of it all had to do with someone showing up at the Flotilla, a rather mysterious figure that wouldn't name names except the person in question. It took some needling from Koda, who had been the first one to come across them, but eventually they had cracked just enough to allow a tiny bit to pour through - they wanted to speak to the individual due to the fact that there was an inheritance that had fallen to them, and it was important the they were contacted at once.

Now, Koda wasn't stupid, he knew entirely how things might go, he also didn't want to be entirely paranoid over the matter either, so he didn't tell this person where to go next, but instead simply offered to deliver the message if they wanted to write something down.

And that was the story of how he'd found himself nearly face first on the ground after "sliding" down the back of a dragon just like its rider. Quickly fixing himself up, and handing the flight gear to the rider, they agreed to meet up in the spot when he was finished, even though he had no idea when that would be. Thankfully, he had Amal and Adah with him, and though they were off playing while they could, he knew he could call them back to him at any point in time.

He looked around, trying to figure out where he should head first, who might know where the person he needed to speak to might be, and when he spotted someone - the first person in the Yard he'd come across in fact - he practically pounced. "Excuse me, sir!"

Remember the rules, he reminded himself as he took the steps forward to reach the called to stranger. you're representing not just yourself, but the Flotilla. But fuck if using the word "sir" on someone who didn't look to be that much older than himself feel strange and wrong in so many ways. "Do you by chance have a moment?"

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:27 am

It was an ordinary day.

Scratch that.

No day was ordinary when he was wakened up the way he was by his amazing short stack. Honestly, thanks to the devious and perfect opalrider, it had been very hard for him to focus on anything else at all. Thank Faranth today was an easy day of drills. After that, he had volunteered to be one of the instructors for a class of weyrlings that was learning hand-to-hand combat. Most of the time, he could take on anyone, but thanks to the thought of getting back home and picking up where he and J'on had left off had distracted him enough that one rather skilled weyrling had managed to get in a few good punches.

"Excuse me, sir!"

Fox had just left the sparring rings. He was currently pinching the bridge of his nose as he held his head back to try and keep blood from running down his face. However, at the sound of the voice he straightened his head and looked at the person speaking. "Yes?" He asked as he looked the large man over.

"Do you by chance have a moment?"

Thanks to the pained look on his face he didn't have to hide the look of not really wanting to give his time when he could be heading home, but Fox was too nice to do that. "Yeah, of course. Especially since it seems as if you're a long way from home. What's a black-gold rider of the Flotilla doing here?" It wasn't often that a Flotillan made their way here and as the former Weyrleader he felt as if he needed to be helpful.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember

Wed May 01, 2019 4:46 pm

If he'd known Fox's thoughts, he would have sympathized. As it was, he didn't want to be here anymore than the bronzerider had wanted to stop and help. He was eager to get back on that dragon (ugh, he'd never say that again in his life, he swore he owuldn't) and get back to his home. Soon as he handed off this news and information, it was done, and out of his hair, and he would learn from it in the future; to the point of perhaps never offering his hands to strangers if it turned out anymore poorly than it had - which wasn't much by anyone's standards.

"It shouldn't be long, sir." He said, mostly to reassure himself as he stepped forward to offer his hand. I'm Koda'vis, of black-gold Ukamevis. I was asked to come here and find someone in order to deliver some news to them." He was a little hesitant to share any more details than that, especially at first (even if this was a rider of Atricis, and could therefore be trusted, he wanted to remain a little cautious at first if he could. "I was hoping maybe you could help point me in the right direction if I shared a little bit of the information with you?"

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Sun May 12, 2019 11:01 pm

"It shouldn't be long, sir. I'm Koda'vis, of black-gold Ukamevis. I was asked to come here and find someone in order to deliver some news to them."

Fox gave a nod and a wave of his hands in assurance. "Hey, don't worry about it. I'm happy to help for however long you need me to." He then reached his hand out to shake the pearlrider's. "Koda'vis, pleasure is all mine. I'm F'lin of Bronze Mnenomth, but please...just call me Fox." He introduced himself with a firm handshake. "Oh, okay, well...I am pretty familiar with who all live here. Not all, mind you, but I did a stint as Weyrleader for a time, so got pretty good at learning people." Now the question was if he could actually remember all of the ones he learned.

"I was hoping maybe you could help point me in the right direction if I shared a little bit of the information with you?"

"Yeah, of course. Who are you looking for specifically?" Fox asked then. Hopefully, he would recognize the name and be able to point this polite pearlrider in the right direction quickly. Then, he would get to continue on his merry way to his short stack.
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 2:57 am

"Yeah, of course. Who are you looking for specifically?"

Glad to have the cooperation of the bronzerider, Koda took out the missive he'd received, then the information he was able to share. At least what little of it he was willing to share. He didn't want to give too much of it away, not yet at least; he had to make sure that he was able to trust the bronzerider first, and as far as he knew, nice though he was - former Weyrleader though he might have been - he wasn't someone that Koda was able to give personal information to just yet.

"Someone named Ettiren." There, that's all that really need to be known for the time being, more could be released of course but only if it was asked for. "Hopefully you've heard of someone named that? I'm sure they've headed through this way and hopefully we can get this cleared up. It's an important matter - I'm sure you'll understand why I'm eager to get it tended to immediately." Not to mention he was simply eager to return to the Flotilla. Being "on land" simply wasn't for him.

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Sat May 18, 2019 8:40 pm

"Someone named Ettiren. Hopefully, you've heard of someone named that? I'm sure they've headed through this way and hopefully, we can get this cleared up. It's an important matter - I'm sure you'll understand why I'm eager to get it tended to immediately."

"Ettiren?" Fox repeated the name and then thought about if he knew it or not. There were some people that easily remembered names and faces, but sadly he was not one of them. He stood there with a hand on his chin as he continued to search his memory. "Ah yes! I think I do know that name." Fox said a bit triumphantly. "I believe he works in the stables. He's one of the weyr's beastcrafters." The bronzerider felt rather proud that he was able to remember that. When he was Weyrleader, he'd made it a point to learn some of the more important weyrfolk that helped keep things running smooth. Ettiren had been one of those people.

"C'mon, I'll show you where to go. He should be there this time of day. If not, someone there should know where he is." Fox offered and then began to walk in the direction of the corrals. "If it's important, then we should try and find him right away." He didn't mind that Koda'vis hadn't told him what the important matter was. It really wasn't his business to know.
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:27 pm

"If it's important, then we should try and find him right away."

Perhaps it was okay to let some of it out. So far, this man hadn't given Koda any reason not to trust him. He was working with him, he seemed to know who he needed to see, and if he was led astray, well... Koda would be able to hold his own if a fight brewed. Besides, it might help if issues with Ettiren abounded, so it was best to allow some of it to bubble to the surface, and perhaps even admit that he wasn't completely out of the dark with it all.

"Truthfully, I'm not entirely aware of how important it all is." He started as they began their walk towards the stables. "I know that it is an inheritance, and that it comes from Walled. That's all I was really told. I'm not sure about any other details beyond that." He lifted his shoulders at that and sighed. "Now that I think about it, perhaps I should have asked more about it, but I was the first person that the man had run into at the Flotilla... just like you were the first I ran into here at the Weyr."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:01 pm

"Truthfully, I'm not entirely aware of how important it all is. I know that it is an inheritance, and that it comes from Walled. That's all I was really told. I'm not sure about any other details beyond that."

Fox nodded his head. "Well, if it's to do with a rather sizeable inheritance, then I can't blame the person who told you for not telling you too much." There were plenty of people out there that would hear about something like an inheritance and try to take it for themselves. "Comes all the way from Walled? Hm...that is something." There were some very well to do families in Walled Hold, that much he knew for sure.

"Now that I think about it, perhaps I should have asked more about it, but I was the first person that the man had run into at the Flotilla... just like you were the first I ran into here at the Weyr."

"That's alright. You got a name. I'm sure we can figure all of this out in due time." Fox assured the large man with a slap on the back as they entered the stables. "Here we are. Ettiren! Is there an Ettiren here?" Fox called out in a booming voice. When he wanted to he could be quite loud.
ImageImageImageImage