Merely Washing Down - Kate | Isiana

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:14 am

Was that a blush he saw? The greenrider could not see the rouge on her cheeks, but he saw the tells in her posture and demeanour that indicated as much. Whether it was the compliment or his lack of apparel, he knew not, but he was amused nonetheless.

"Well, thank you for the compliment. I'm glad you are a decent enough man to know that."

He offered a smile, and then gave a humorous shake of his head. "Well, you're welcome, and thank you, though I'd like to think I'm not the only man in the weyr who knows how to be decent." He returned to his dragon, giving Locrath a proper wash down, paying mind to those spots easily missed when her hide was so wet. Once finished, he slid down her back to begin work on a new spot still lined with soot. All the while, he was mindful of how he straddled his dragon, and how his movement might cause certain parts of him to drag uncomfortable. A hand reached down to adjust himself with flippant flick before he returned to wiping Locrath down.

"I'm glad that's all in the past now, and that nothing like it has happened again. I guess that's because of my boyfriend. He can be, a bit overprotective of me sometimes."

"Overprotective?" he looked up to regard Isiana with a touch of concern. "I hope you mean in a good way." M'vel had yet to meet a good man who was overprotective. Normally, overprotective was a euphemism for controlling, and M'vel had never been the sort to condone the control of a woman. So long as Isiana had agency, he would not concern himself with her affairs. If that was not the case, however....
Kate

Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:06 am

Isiana actually had to pause and think about what he said for a moment. Obviously she already knew that he wasn’t the only decent man in the Weyr. Lor was more than decent, as was Bast. Smiling softly she shook her head. ”No, you are not the only decent man in the Weyr. I’ve just noticed that most don’t tend to be like you, but there are some who are good like you.”

As much as she tried not to, the young woman could not stop her eyes from moving back to the green rider every once in a while. It was not like she had never seen a man naked before. Obviously she had, it was just, she was used to only see Lor like that. A touch of guilt played on her mind as she tore her dark eyes away from him. Why was she looking at him? She loved Lor, and she never felt the urge to do anything with anyone else. Not that she really felt the urge now, but she still felt guilty about how much she was starring at him.

Small hands moved quickly over Andomedath’s hide as she put those thoughts to the back of her mind and forced herself to focus on what she needed to be doing. Scrubbing the gold hide with sand soap she then quickly rinsed it, before her attention was turned back to the green rider once more.

Puzzled, Isiana found herself wondering why he sounded concerned. It then dawned on her how that might have sounded, considering what they had been talking about. Shaking her head she spoke quickly. ”Oh, yes of course in a good way. Lorcan would never do anything to hurt me. I just meant he won’t let anyone treat me like that old man did.” Of course, she was pretty sure Lorcan would not have been as nice to the other man as M’vel had. While she didn’t say anything, she was pretty sure the blue rider probably would have just started swinging his fists.

Finally she got the sandsoap off of her Gold and smiled at how beautiful she looked. Turning to the man she smiled softly, chuckling a little, ”Well if nothing else, both of our girls are going to look gorgeous now.”
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shaihulud

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:20 am

Whatever delectable little thoughts stirred in Isiana's mind, M'vel was not about to draw further attention to them by calling her out. However, he was not about to pretend he did not see that curious look upon her face just before she averted her eyes in embarrassment. A man his age knew when he was being admired. And play shy or different as she might, if Isiana really did not want to see him in such a state, she never would have joined him to begin with.

When Isiana spoke up to defend her boyfriend, M'vel could not tell entirely what he thought. She answered rapidly, as though to brush over any sort of implication that her boyfriend might be a less than savoury. "Oh, yes of course in a good way. Lorcan would never do anything to hurt me. I just meant he won’t let anyone treat me like that old man did.”

Lorcan? His Wingthird? Now this was an interesting development. Try as she might to change the topic, now M'vel was curious enough to pry, if only a little. After all, if Lorcan was his Wingthird, he wanted to know the man at the very least.

Never mind their dragons.

Naturally, Locrath huffed at this.

"Lorcan... he's a bit of a hard ass." M'vel meant it humorously of course. He showed as much when he chuckled. "I am learning this the hard way now that he's my Wingthird."
Kate

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:06 am

For a few moments, there was silence between them, and Isiana could feel herself beginning to wonder if she had made the right choice in deciding to stay here once she had noticed that someone else was here. The more she talked, the more she felt as though she was just putting her foot in her mouth. Obviously she had not meant to make it sound like there was something wrong between her and Lor, or make anyone think that he was less than amazing to her. Sure, he had a temper, and anyone that knew him knew that, but that didn’t mean he was abusive or anything like that.

While Isiana had been hopeful that they could switch the subject, it seemed that M’vel was not inclined to do so. Dark eyes turned to study the man a moment as she spoke about the blue rider being a hard ass. How could he possibly even know that? While Isiana would never call her boyfriend that to his face, she could kind of see him being that way.

His Wingthird? Chuckling she said, ”Well, I guess he can be. I just never see that side of him. I always just see the side of him that reminds me why I love him.” Pausing for a moment she said, ”So I’m assuming he must be a little rough on you guys during drills”
Shaihulud

Sun May 05, 2019 12:07 pm

”Well, I guess he can be. I just never see that side of him. I always just see the side of him that reminds me why I love him.”

M'vel cocked a brow at her, one that marked his incredulity at her statement.

That man had sides? While M'vel understood many people had facets, Lorcan was not one of them. He lived in state of perpetual brooding. A dull man. Bitter. Unyielding. Fierce. These traits made up his one facet, a face polished to a pristine and blinding shine. He did not at all seem like the sort of man to soften for loved ones behind closed doors, for men did not change personalities simply for the sake of their loved ones. M'vel doubted Lorcan was any different with Isiana than when he was with his own men. The only key difference was that the goldrider choose to see the good in him more so than others. For that, Lorcan was likely thankful.

”So I’m assuming he must be a little rough on you guys during drills."

"Lorcan is... Lorcan," M'vel answered indifferently, and in a manner that indicated he did not much care for the man. However, he enjoyed working with L'van and D'kellan, thus in Star Storm he would remain. "I don't always agree with his methods, for I was always one of a different approach when I was in his position. But honestly, you know him better than I do. I'm sure you are more than familiar with how the man can be." Though M'vel would not go as far as to bad mouth the man, he also knew he did not have to. Isiana knew Lorcan well enough to see all of the bluerider, whether she wanted to or not. M'vel doubted he actually needed to tell Isiana that the man was an outright, unrepentant hardass.

He glanced at his own state of undress before looking back to Isiana. "Speaking of Lorcan, while I must say I enjoy your company, I have a feeling he would not be pleased to know you are enjoying mine. For Locrath's sake... and honestly my own... it is probably best Lorcan does not know about this." If she had any doubt what "this" meant, the way M'vel's finger traded between herself and himself would define it for her. After his dealings in his previous Wing, M'vel did not feel like muddying the waters in his new Wing. Though the greenrider could certainly handle his own, he did not want to unless he absolutely had to, and Lorcan seemed like the sort to try and break a man's nose just for looking at Isiana wrong.
Kate

Tue May 07, 2019 10:01 pm

After she spoke, she was quick to catch the look that came across the green rider’s face. For a moment, she could not place exactly what that looo was, and then it dawned on her that it was a look of some kind of disbelief. Once she saw that look, the doubt began creeping into her mind. Was she wrong about Lor? No, she couldn’t be, and she quiet honestly refused to believe that Lor couldn’t be different around her. She knew what he could be like. She remembered vividly how brooding he had been. It had taken a while for her to break through his rough exterior. Once they finally started dating, his walls had fallen, or at least that wa show it had seemed to her anyway. While she knew that she was good for him, he was also good for her. They were happy together. To her, he always seemed to be more relaxed, more playful, funny, when he was with her. That was obviously a side of him that his Wingmates would never get to see.

For a moment, she tried to push those thoughts away and focus on her dragon. That fact that he had given her that look made her feel like she was just being naive. As the man spoke again, she nodded and thought for a moment before she said,”Well, that’s understandable. There are always going to be a difference of opinions in any Wing. I’m sure though that the Wingleader would say something if Lor got out of hand, or if too many people had a problem with him.” While she was not trying to say that there wasn’t anything wrong with Lor, she obviously felt as though she had to defend her boyfriend, at least a little bit.

As the green rider changed the subject a little, the young woman felt the heat rise in her cheeks. Of course he would have to say something about that. Lorcan would indeed not be happy if he found out that she had seen another man with no clothes on, and stuck around to talk to him. Even though it was obvious that nothing was going to happen, she wasnt sure if she would be able to get the blue rider to believe that. For the time being, all she could do was nod. Finally she found her voice and said, ”I agree with you on that. It would be best if he didn’t know.”

In order to take her mind off of this, she quickly turned her attention back to Andromedath and began rinsing her off. What was she supposed to say now? Why did she feel like this was just going to lead to a fight or something? She couldn’t just leave now that they had started a conversation, could she? No, that would be rude. For the time being she just tried to concentrate on finishing cleaning her dragon, and hopefully not dwell on this too much longer.
Shaihulud

Fri May 17, 2019 11:04 pm

To be fair, riders in the buff by the lakes was not the rarest of occurrences. Nudity was accepted in the weyr, and while M'vel never grew up around them, he had lived with the weyr long enough to stop really carrying about such things as physical modesty. They all had flights. They had all seen it before. Besides, he did not much feel like getting his clothes soaking wet. Though he certainly did not want to stir the beast, it also irritated M'vel that he had to say anything of the sort at all.

The fact that Isiana agreed only confirmed he was right in his suspicions. It was in that moment that M'vel finally decided he did not really care much for his Wingthird. He would cope, but it still prickled his peeve nonetheless.

So what did he say? With Lorcan considered, M'vel likely should have left it at that, but it bothered the greenrider that the cantankerous bluerider had such control over a lovely young woman. "I... probably should ask, especially since I like my boys right where they are... but do you let Lorcan tell you who you can and cannot be around?" Clearly, Lorcan was going to disapprove. It was why M'vel made the suggestion. At the same time though, it did not seem fair to the greenrider that either Isiana or himself would get under the bluerider's skin just for being in each other's company.

Unfortunately, M'vel knew the very nature of the question was stirring the gossomer's web.
Kate

Sat May 18, 2019 1:54 am

Isiana still had no idea exactly why she was blushing. It wasn't the first time she had seen other riders, other than Lor, naked. Although, this was the first time she remembered really being all that close to the naked person. Granted, it wasn't like she was right next to him, but she was close enough. She quietly chided herself, telling herself that this was totally normal ion the Weyr, and that she really needed to stop being such a child about it. There was nothing wrong, and nothing was going to happen, so she just needed to relax and stop acting like some lovestruck girl, or someone who had just never seen a naked man before. Whichever one fit better she guessed.

As she heard the green rider speaking again, a small frown came to her face. What was it she felt? Anger? Or something else? Why would he even ask that? Forcing herself to not snap, she just shook her head, her lips in a thin line. "No, I don't let Lorcan tell me who I can or can't talk to. We're both stubborn, and he knows I'm not going to stop talking, or not talk at all, to people, just because he doesn't like them or something. I chose my friends, I chose who I want to talk to and who I don't. Just like I don't tell him who he can and cant talk to."

That much was the truth. Lorcan knew better than to try and control her like that. Sure, there were some things that they had argued over, namely open door Flights, but not about who the other could or couldn't talk to. That was never going to be an option, and the blue rider knew it.

Looking at him, dark eyes studied him for a moment, "Don't worry, he's not going to come after you. I know how to chose for myself, and he knows it. So, you don't have to worry about your...what did you call them? Oh yes, your boys. They will be perfectly safe from him, I promise."

Of course, when she said that, she couldn't help but smirk a little. The Gold rumbled at her to remind her that this was her bathing time as well, so Isiana quickly went back to rinsing her so that Andromedath could go and do as she pleased.