A Spar of Mourning - Parker | Locke

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:46 am

Season - Late Autumn 2049 (two days after Mul'rec's passing)
Time - Late Night
Location - Atricis Weyr | Sparring Circle

@Parker | Locke
Theria kept to her apartment the day she woke up in mourning over her father's death. Afflicted by the agony of loss, she belted out her sorrows. Her home reverberated with the wails, until Theria had no voice left to scream with. Only then did she break down into helpless weeps, rocking herself in a small corner of her apartment with Dandelion curled up by her side, and Siligath blanketing her mind.

You hurt so much.

Hurt did not even begin to describe the depths of her torment.

In the days to follow, Theria and her sisters arranged Mul'rec's burial. They dressed in black, with only the closest of family and friends in attendance for her father's funeral just two days later. His body looked so peaceful in its dressings. The healers said he had simply died in his sleep, that his heart had given out, likely from a heart condition that had gone unnoticed all these turns. It was a common way to go for men his age, they said, a gentle way, but it did little to ease Theria and the emptiness she felt with her father gone.

She had little time to think of little else but what she no longer had. The cause, their work, the slaves... Theria had thought nothing of them since she lost Mul'rec.

After his brother, Ma'lek, took his brother's body between to join his dragon, the funeral ended. Theria spent the next few hours accepting the condolences from close friends, though she failed to respond to them. Instead, after several glasses of wine, Theria took an unopened skin and ventured off into the Sparring Circle. Finally free from their hollow sympathies, Theria finally let it out the tears of frustrations, until they evolved into a cry of rage. With her fist, she decimated a dummy, knocking its head off with several strikes of her now bloodied knuckles.

The pain likely marked the fact she had broken a bone in the assault, and it was the first physical sense she had felt in days.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 pm

It had been a little over a sevenday but Locke was finally beginning to feel like his old self. Being poisoned was not one of the most fun moments of his life. He'd been lucky...beyond lucky. It certainly felt as if the goddess had been watching over him that night. It had been quite the recovery process though. Not even the worse physical wound he'd ever received had laid him up as much as the aconite poisoning had. Since he hadn't been able to do much except bed rest he was a bit stir crazy. However, he didn't think he was up to carrying on with one of his missions, so the next best thing was the sparring circle.

Before he got all the way there he heard a scream of rage. Apparently, someone was making their use of the sparring circle. When he turned the corner he saw who it was, Theria. He hadn't seen her in a bit...not since before the passing of her father. D'ran had informed him about it. Locke did not know the man well enough to truly be affected by his death, though he knew what it was like to lose someone you loved. He had questions now too. With Mul'rec gone what was going to happen with all of his plans? Locke still planned on taking out Ulkirk, even if he had to do it himself, but there was a time and a place for such questions and during the mourning of a loved one's death was not one of them.

Locke gave a low, appreciative whistle as he neared the ring. "That's quite the jab you have there, Theria." He moved over to the dummy and picked up the decapitated head. "I don't think he's coming back from that." He stated in an attempt to make things a bit lighter. That's when he noticed her knuckles. Gently he lifted up that hand and looked at it closer. "That doesn't look so good." That was an understatement.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..
Shaihulud

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:21 pm

Dandelion alerted Theria to the approach of the man, thus she felt little surprise when he spoke. All the while, as he sung his compliments and stepped around her in his typical predatory fashion to regard the broken dummy, Theria cradled the broken hand. Naturally, Locke and his observant ways were able to pick up on the injury. When he stepped to her, she wanted to step back, but she failed just before he took the hand to better weigh the injuries.

Already, the appendage had begun to inflame, turning an angry shade of red.

"That doesn't look so good."

"What does it matter to you?" she spat back? Locke had made it clear he cared about little else in the world. Theria was a nuisance to him, a thorn in his side he would sooner pluck, a stone in his shoe he would not hesitate to empty away over a cliff. So what did it matter to him that she hurt her hand? Let alone the fact she had lost yet another person she loved more than all the world?

Theria was not foolish enough to actually believe the death of her father had earned her Locke's own sympathies. "Why are you even here?" The man had an angle, and she knew it. He might as well just come out and say it. Never mind the injury. Theria had endured enough pain in her lifetime to learn how to ignore it.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:16 pm

"What does it matter to you?"

Locke supposed it really didn't matter to him. Other than simply a human being caring about the well being of another. How did he proceed though? He could keep up the hard and uncaring facade. Let this woman he didn't know, didn't owe anything to, believe that he was simply the monster she had heard about. Or he could drop the Reaper act and let her know that there was a person with real feelings and emotions underneath that mask. "I suppose the cold answer would be it matters since we're supposed to work together and any injury is a risk to our mission... but, and it is fine that you don't believe me, but I am honestly concerned." He decided to be honest.

"Why are you even here?"

"As much as I'd like to flatter you and tell you I came because I knew you were here, I can't." Locke stated with a coy wink. How could he have known who, if anyone, was in the sparring circle? "Truthfully, I am just here to blow off some pent up energy. I've been on bedrest for a bit...so I'm dying for some sort of action...any action, honestly." He gave her a side long look as he let go of her hand. "I take it you're here for the same reason?" Locke paused again.... "I understand, by the way, how losing someone you love can affect a person. So...I am sorry for your loss, even if I don't feel it myself." He stated honestly.
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

Shaihulud

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 am

He was right. The very sound of his words lacked credibility to her ears. However, she did believe he wanted to make sure she was up to par for the mission.

Yes. The mission. Like hell was she going to let her father's memory, the work of his latter half of life, die with him. There was still work to be done, and Theria was not about to let it be forgotten.

So consumed with anger, hatred, and bitter purpose, Theria was about to dismiss the man and return to her practice, regardless of any injury. Instead, the wraithrider spoken on, and in a manner she did not fully understand.

"As much as I'd like to flatter you and tell you I came because I knew you were here, I can't." When he winked at her. "Truthfully, I am just here to blow off some pent up energy. I've been on bedrest for a bit...so I'm dying for some sort of action...any action, honestly."

Theria did not entirely know what to make of him. Bronze eyes followed after him, suspicious of his motives. When he released her hand, she recoiled from him, taking two steps back with her posture one of warning. Trust never came with ease to the greenrider, especially in the company of men like Locke.

"I take it you're here for the same reason? ...I understand, by the way, how losing someone you love can affect a person. So...I am sorry for your loss, even if I don't feel it myself."

The sting of tears prickled in her eyes, but her lips clenched hard, refusing to let Locke, of all people, have the satisfaction of watching her break. "You know shit about me and what I'm feeling," she growled dangerously at him. "And you know fuck all about what my family's been through." She ached for Mul'rec, but she did so on top of the hurt of losing the others. Estella, Midoca... Jesuinn... The wound that marred her heart still wept, though the blood had long spoiled with infection.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 am

Dark eyes took in the way that she took two steps back from him once he had let go of her hand. Locke grinned, though nowadays it was hard for his grins to still not have a dark quality to them, whether he meant it or not. "Relax, greenrider. If I intended you harm you'd have been harmed by now. Besides, we're supposed to associates. While there is only a few I truly trust, I will not automatically assume you are an enemy I should deal with immediately." He's words were genuine if nothing else.

"You know shit about me and what I'm feeling," she growled dangerously at him. "And you know fuck all about what my family's been through."

"No, I don't and I don't need to know. Details aren't necessary for sorrow to recognize sorrow. Misery to find and cling to other misery." Locke said, not at all bothered by her hostile tone of voice. He could tell that she was hurting and he understood that sort of hurt. His eyes spoke as much if she cared to look for it.

"Anger to understand other anger," he continued on, but in a darker tone of voice. "Violence to beget more violence." That last bit he said softly, curious to what she would say or think. There was a piece of him that he saw in her. Made him dislike her less so than previously.

Shaihulud

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:13 am

"Relax, greenrider. If I intended you harm you'd have been harmed by now...."

Theria despised that facet of the wraithrider, his certainty he could kill her with such ease. One of these days, that cock would get himself killed. It would he a violent death, a shocking one, and unfortunately expected. At the moment, ripped apart by the injustices that plagued her life for the last turn, Theria could not decide if Locke's demuse was something she anticipated or dreaded. The rage in her wished for the blade to be her own, if only to cut the smugness off his face. The human part of her that still knew how to feel, however, feared such a demise.

It was a peculiar thing, but Theria new the reason behind her hesitation. Of all the people in the weyr, Locke was one of the few who actually understood her. Such a revelation should have horrified the greenrider, but instead she found a peace in knowing she was not alone.

"Anger to understand other anger... Violence to beget more violence."

As he spoke, she stepped over to the table. There was a wrap there normally used for boxing, but she used it as gauze to secure her broken hand. A hiss of pain escaped her, but ever so slowly, she rounded the strap about her hand. She did not immediately answer his unspoken question, but instead provided a question of her own. "What do you really want, Locke?"
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:28 am

There was a saying in Walled...the road to hell was paved with good intentions. Were it not for the fact that saying was as old as time itself, he would have felt that perhaps it was made specifically with him in mind. Seemed like all the good things he'd tried to do had ended poorly in one way or another. Even currently, he'd originally went after the Justicars because of wanting to see justice be done for Kent. Now, though, there was a part of him that continued going after them because he liked the power that came with knowing their lives were in his hands.

The same power he knew he held over Theria even. Perhaps that power would, indeed, one day award him with a slow and torturous death, but until then he would continue to revel in the power he had.

"What do you really want, Locke?"

Locke gave her a playful and dark grin. "Violence," he answered as he moved over to the practice weapon's rack and picked up a practice dagger to lazily twirl about from hand to hand.

Shaihulud

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:35 am

Predatory eyes watched as he slipped over to the table to pick his poison. A dagger. Immediately, her body tensed at the playful show of the wraith that accompanied his single malicious answer. Violence, he said.

Her wounded hand fell to her side as her strong, uninjured one floated to her dagger. She was uncertain of what to make of his gesture, his single worded threat, though part of Theria realised it was not meant for her. As he said, he would have struck her already if that had been his intention. Yet still, she gripped her hilt.

Silence answered him in turn. No question. No clarification. Instead, her body became poised, prepared to respond to whatever attack he threw at her. Yet unlike him, she readied herself with a live blade. She knew better than to let her guard down around a man as unstable as him.

Even from the heights, Siligath rumbled with disapproval, while Dandelion hissed from his perch on the stands.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 am

Theria's tenseness was a marked contrast against his complete relaxed nature. His answer was not meant for her...well, at least not meant towards her and his play with the dagger was simply that, play. It'd been a while since he'd held a dagger in his hand and while this wasn't his blade, it would do.

However, the way her hand moved to her real blade and the way she seemed ready to be attacked, did not go unnoticed by him. Locke gave a little huff of annoyance. "How many times do I have to tell you I mean you no harm before you believe it? I have no quarrel with you, greenrider, though if you truly wish to try and use your blade on me, I highly suggest you do it now while I am still a bit weak."

After he finished speaking he grabbed a hold of the practice dagger and threw it towards one of the targets. The blade hit the target, but not the middle of it. "Hm, damn, still a bit off." Now he was unarmed.