Welcome Home - Ember | Calibane

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:21 pm

It was the spirited prance from Omiimiith that gave Arieth away. Such a liveliness on the behalf of the opal indicated that the pyrite had, at the very least, conceded to Omiimiith's tempting offer. Though N'kili could not be absolutely certain of Arieth's reply to her dragon, it was Omiimiith sing song response of Of course I do! I know all the best spots, that told N'kili the pyrite was more than willing to spend some time with Omiimiith and cheer himself up.

Hopefully the pyrite's own willingness to move on would provide Calibane with the peace of mind she clearly required.

"He doesn't. He has other senses about him, mostly where I'm concerned. But every so often he gets lucky. He's Searched a few for Ivory Tower."

N'kili gave a nod, and offered the slightest smile to the woman, one soft and assuring. "I will be sure to listen to your suggestions then if he comes across anyone in particular."

"He's with your opal? He doesn't seem upset. Good." Yes, very good, N'kili agreed. Though Calibane kept a stoic demeanour about her, it was the woman's words that gave indication of the true expressions confined within her heart. "Its the first time since it happened that he hasn't whimpered in my head. Its... a relief, actually."

"Of course, and if there is anything more we can do, we will both be very happy to oblige." As N'kili spoke, she could feel the way Omiimiith kept a cheerful outlook as she skipped along side Arieth. N'kili also sensed the desire the opal had to nose him playfully, but for the meantime, Omiimiith knew better than to do so. "I will pass on your information to L'van. Was there anything you wanted me to tell him on your behalf? Did you have a preference for Wing placement? We have both the fighting Wings and the Diplomacy Wing if you are so inclined." There was of course that small little voice, the quietest of murmurations that hoped Calibane would join Ivory Feather, though it was solely for the fact they were always in need of riders. They could use more driven riders with a level head on their shoulders, rather than the riders simply provided to them because they had nothing better to do with their time.

As she spoke, Duke began to flutter about, winging from one spot to another. In his exploration of the apartment, he spotted a bit of movement in the corner. A crawly. He was quick to descend and make quick work of the little creature. With a single pounce, he broke the pest's back, and was eager to devour the beastie whole.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:57 am

"I will pass on your information to L'van. Was there anything you wanted me to tell him on your behalf? Did you have a preference for Wing placement? We have both the fighting Wings and the Diplomacy Wing if you are so inclined."

The truth of the matter was that she didn't much care where she ended up, so long as her dragon was comforted and tended to through that ease. She wanted to sag down somewhere and relax, but she wasn't about to be rude either, much as she was frustrated over herself for not asking politely at least for N'kili to leave for now. It was nice to have some company, and she had to admit she didn't want to be alone either - to herself at least. It wouldn't be something she spoke to her dragon or another about.

"So long as I'm placed where I'm needed the most, that's all that matters." She glanced at the woman and decided she would unpack some more while she was there, maybe it would take her mind off of the past few days. Her dragon would begin to forget - she would not be able to. "All I want is to be able to make myself useful and to be able to tend to my duties. I don't want anyone to think that this matter will slow me or my dragon down any."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:22 pm

"All I want is to be able to make myself useful and to be able to tend to my duties. I don't want anyone to think that this matter will slow me or my dragon down any."

"Of course," N'kili sympathised, expressing that she not only understood Calibane's concern, but that it was not something that required any sort of anxiety. "I assure you that you two will be well placed. Lest a healer states otherwise, you will be worked." In all honesty, N'kili suspected Calibane and Arieth would be in the skies as soon as tomorrow if L'van reached a swift conclusion. She would also be sure to pass onto the man that Calibane desired to be put to work rather than coddled. The pyriterider simply was not the sort who needed her hand held; that she made abundantly clear.

She passed a final look about the room as Duke returned to her shoulder. The little brown licked his maw all the while, appreciating the satisfaction of his latest kill. He left little to no evidence behind of his prey's merest existence.

"If that is all, I will leave you to make yourself at home. However, ifyou find yourself requiring anything else, do please come to me. Even if it is just to speak. My door is always open, and I frequently keep a kettle over the fire for tea." Some riders needed further clarification; other's simply required the comfort of company. And while frequently busy with couriers, transfer requests, search findings, tithes, and other matters that required cross faction communication, N'kili always made sure to keep herself open to the riders of the weyr, to be the ear they required no matter the cause, for not only did her position require that she keep the peace between weyrs, but that she also keep the peace within her own weyr as well.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:02 am

Calibane gave a simple nod. She felt for Arieth but he was... calm. For the first time in days, her boy was calm, and she felt... tired. The need for sleep overwhelmed her suddenly, and she knew what she wanted to do as soon as N'kili left her apartment - rather than unpack, like she should do, she planned to lie down and rest, something she'd been unable to do in the days leading up to today.

"Thank you, N'kili. It is appreciated. I think for now that we are okay." She rubbed her face and led the woman to the door. "I will let you know though, I promise you." She was a little stiff about it, but she meant it in all sincerity. "Have a good day, and thank you for the welcome."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —