What In The World? || Arden (Aino)

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder
Pronouns: She/Her

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 am

They were on break, finally. The lessons seemed to be getting more and more...demanding. Lia loved it, but Skryth seemed to be getting a bit frazzled. So they came to do what always worked to calm the zultanite down, bathe in the sun. Of course, it was cold out for Lia, so she was in a jacket and laying in as much sun as she could. But this relaxation was quickly stopped when someone stood over her. She opened her eyes to see a strange man she had never seen before standing over her. "Hey there Goldie! I haven't seen you in turns. You have gotten so big, and look, even impressed a dragon of your own!" Skryth, sensing Liakkaya's fear and confusion, was quickly on her feet and staring at the strange man.

I suggest you leave. Mine doesn't know you, and you are frightening her. Don't make me call for help. She she threatened that last part, the man threw his hadns up in defeat and looked between the look. "Liakkaya, I am your uncle from you motehr's side, Y'nar. You are telling me that you don't recognize your uncle at all." Too petrified to say anything, Lia just shook her head, confused and now really scared. She hadn't seen any family except for her parents and her siblings for turns, all until she left for New Atricis.

"Well fuck. I didn't think your mother would shut me out completely in your life. Sounds right though, she never did trust me." Liakkaya finally seemed to find the use of her limbs and she scrambled over to the zultanite. "I don't know you. I don't have an uncle. Now please leave." Her words were shaky and she was now looking around, trying to find the first person that she could see.
Ainokesshou

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:43 am

She hadn't really been at the Weyr long, but letters from home had already become a strange mixture of ordeal and relief. She had been irritated when she first arrived to learn that her older brother Vin'del was away on a turn or longer recovery period after a bad Thread score. She knew NOONE at the Weyr, as a result.

And noone at the Weyr was an uncomfortable reminder of the fire. Or of her parents' tendency to overindulge. Not that anyone had commented while they were alive, but after their deaths, Arden had heard plenty of whispers.

It was a bright, pretty day, and Arden had a new letter from her sister. She missed Stalena, the older woman had been more of a mother to her than their own mother even before the fire. But between letters, Arden was able to go for days without thinking about everything they had lost. Stalena however, couldn't seem to write a letter without bringing up one of the people who had died.

She was far from alone outside, but there was enough room to give her an appearance of privacy. She had just reached the part of the letter where Stalena began relating some story about Stavelin's childhood antics, when that illusion was broken by a voice calling out loudly, "Hey there Goldie!"

She was startled, dropping the letter to the ground as she looked around. And saw the man pestering one of the weyrlings, a girl with hair as blonde as Arden's. She didn't seem too happy to see him, but Arden had already figured out what happened; Goldie couldn't be all that uncommon a nickname for blondes. It was just that noone had ever called her that except Stavelin, and since he died. . . .

And then she heard it while she was reading Stalena's description of their earliest attempts to sneak out at night. It was just odd timing.

Then she looked up at the blonde weyrling's harsh voice.

"I don't know you. I don't have an uncle. Now please leave."

Arden scrambled to her feet, her letter left forgotten on the ground. The other woman had retreated to her zultanite - and what kind of idiot made a weyrling feel unsafe? Arden was surprised the entire Weyr wasn't descending on them. And he was a rider, too, apparently.

She stood for a moment, judging the situation. Then she put a perfectly friendly smile on her face, bent to retrieve her letter, and brushed a bit of dirt off her slacks as she stood, and approached. . . .the strange rider.

"Hello, sir," she said, warmly, "are you visiting New Atricis, then? I'm not the candidate who is on duty to guide newcomers but I can send Fog here to contact him for you," The tiny blue popped in, chirping at the mention of his name while Arden let her eyes widen just that little bit as she met his. She brushed a strand of hair back from her face, stopping short of twirling it. She was going for awed but nervous, not consciously flirtatious. Look at me, she urged mentally, not the weyrling. Before you make her dragon so upset something bad happens.

She wasn't sure what, just that young dragons (and therefore their riders) were supposed to be sheltered when possible.
Quiloth       Elahrairath     Nahumth       Arjunavoreth
ImageImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas Maukerith
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask             Aesk     
Tyriani

Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:37 pm

The guy wasn't leaving, but Skryth was getting upset. Lia knew that this was bad, so she started to ignore the man to try and calm the zultanite down. That was when they both heard a voice and saw another girl come over. Lia breathed a sigh of relief as she took over the situation for her, and she focused on Skryth. Calm my love, we will be fine. If anything, we could always call the Weyrlingmaster if we need help, perhaps the Candidatemaster as well since one of the candidates is here. She had noticed the knots and watched as the reds slowly left the dragons eyes, helping Lia calm down herself.

She heard the man huff though before turning. "No, just seems to me that my brat of a sister chose to leave me out of family affairs." With that, the retreating form could be seen leaving, which made the reds be replaced with content blues and greens as the dragon looked at Arden. Thank you for helping. Lia smiled as Skryth thanked the girl and she finally felt safe to move away from her dragon a bit before walking closer to Arden to smile. "Yes, thank you. I don't know what his problem was, but things could have gotten bad there." She extended her hand then, for a friendly handshake.

"I am Liakkaya and this is Skryth." The zultanite seemed to hum lightly as she laid down beside Lia, but Lia could see that the zultanite's eyes were focused on the general direction that the man had left in.
Ainokesshou

Mon May 20, 2019 12:55 am

When the man walked away, that was good enough for Arden. She would worry later about the idea of him being a New Atricis rider and her having to deal with him. Though shouldn't he have already known his niece was here if that was the case?

She blushed at the thanks from the dragonet, though. "I'm glad to help," she said aloud to the zultanite, before looking back at the weyrling. The man's parting words had sparked some irritation in her. "If he didn't bother leaving you alone when it was obvious he was upsetting you, I think it's obvious why his sister would leave him out of things," she muttered. That irritated her, people who felt they were owed things, and acted like they were wronged when they didn't get them. While this man didn't seem to have expected romantic interest from the weyrling, Arden was more accustomed to seeing it that way.

"It is nice to meet you Liakkaya, and I'm really honored to meet you, Skryth," Arden answered, falling back on formal language though she kept her posture casual enough. "I might not have noticed him bothering you," she said, ruefully, "if he hadn't called you Goldie. Is that an old nickname of yours?" she asked, wistfully. Arden had so many mixed feelings about her late brother, but she couldn't help but wish he was still alive, calling her that, so that she could yell at him about his behavior.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tyriani

Wed May 22, 2019 12:47 am

He was gone, thank whoever at this point, he was gone. It was a relief. She was clam, and Skryth was calming down. These were both good things, for the zultanite didn't need to get pissed in Lia's defense, not this young at least. She didn't think that the man from was from New Articis. He had to have been visiting, or someone would have told her that she had family here, right?

But Lia heard what Arden muttered and she laughed. It was a true and calming laugh, and it made the zultanite's eyes whirl with greens and blues again. "I agree. I mean, there would have to be a reason why no one would include him in things." She still didn't believe that he was her uncle, but at this point, anything could be possible. He called her 'goldie', she hadn't been called that since she was back home. But she could tell that the other girl was annoyed and she smiled lightly. It was nice to know that someone else knew the irritation and fear that she just had, even if the fear was only her's and Skryth's.

Skryth hummed to the girl. The dragon was starting to like her more and more right now. Lia kept that mental note, figuring that perhaps they could spend more time with Arden on a later date after this, mess, was settled. But the question on the nickname made her nod. "My mom and dad used to call me that all the time. I haven't heard it since I left Fort Hold though." She thought for a moment before she continued her thought. "I was told of an uncle, but he was Fort Weyr bound. Unable to leave the last I knew of." She never saw him then, so that man could have been him, but why would he be here?
Ainokesshou

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:25 am

It had occurred to Arden more than once, that if families could just pretend the problematic members did not exist, many of them would be better off. It would never have worked for her family of course - the problematic one had been the patriarch. Hard to ignore him.

Still, "I certainly wouldn't claim that idiot, if he were my family. Though it seems like maybe your parents should have warned you he would be here?" She frowned at the idea that he might be a Fort rider instead of New Atricis. Why was he here at all? Had he arranged a transfer, specifically to pick on his own niece who probably outranked him? Maybe to take advantage of her?

Arden shook her head. It wasn't any of her business, and besides, a weyrling was in a better spot to protect herself from that sort of thing than a candidate would be. "I guess Goldie is a common enough nickname for blondes," she acknowledged, tugging at her own hair.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage