Smoke'n Hot Brawl

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Loyalty
Pronouns: She/Her

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Elikos hated this. He hated it so hard it wasn't hard to prompt his own tears to come. Not overly much, his lashes began to hint at moisture as his jaw was clenched in anger. As always, from turns of habit, his voice yelled with its intensity but was even quieter than normal. It was never a good idea to be noticed in the Bottoms.

"I make my own rules, watch this..."

He wasn't going to apologize behind Locke like a coward. He was going to get in their faces and do it properly. With a handshake to each. And if he were successful at his real underlying goal. Those smokes would transfer 'between' from the man's possession to the girl's hand as if she took his own to accept his apology. He'd not known she was a fellow thief. That sorta changed things for him. Not much, but enough.

If he could get the smokes back in the first place, they'd be his again if the girl was a stiff and didn't take his offered hand in return. Either way, he could care less. He'd make his apologies, keeping his anger in check with effort. Was his anger genuine or part of his act? Were the tears that wet his lashes forced or allowed?

Would anyone really know the difference?

[..::|x| Toross ..::|x|::.. Elikos ..::|x|::.. Vikandra |x|::..]

Loot ..::|x|::.. Lists
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:28 am

Locke didn't really believe Elikos's tears for one moment. It wasn't that he didn't think the kid could have feelings or cry for real, but he liked to think he knew the kid well enough by now that perhaps the tears were only partially real. He was going to have to teach the lad better. There was no point in telling him not to do it. Considering his past and the fact his father was a thief himself, it would have been very hypocritical of him to tell him not to steal.

Naji looked at the young man with suspicion, but the kid was trying to make amends. "It's alright. Neither of you should be stealing anything, but I accept your apology." He said in a stern voice looking between them both, but his eyes rested on Epi. "Now go on. Say you're sorry too. I promised Inakil we'd be home for supper." The dayhandler had not felt anything be lifted from him, but the careful eyes of the Reaper had noticed and remained silent...for now.

Epi huffed and stamped her foot, but finally she reached a hand out and shook the lad's she'd just been wailing on a moment ago. Her eyes widened for just a breath before she stated, "I'm...I'm sorry to. I shouldn't have jumped you like that." When she released her hand it was to cross her arms.

Locke had noticed what he'd done...while he probably should have said something, he didn't. Instead he flashed the other father a charming smile and held out his hand to him. "What can we do? Kids will be kids and it seems as though yours is as much of a handful as mine."

Naji was fast to return the handshake. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. At least they were settled now." He didn't feel a different pack of smokes being placed in his pocket to hide the fact Elikos had given them back to the girl.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..
Loyalty

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 am

Apologies, and smokes, given, Elikos' task was done. Hesitating briefly to consider pushing his luck by saying something else, he wisely chose not to. Instead with his glare still firmly in place, he gave a subtle nod to the girl. Turning on his heel he stormed away. He would pass by Locke and find a hole to nurse his hurts and think. Unless something were to stop him before he took his first steps, he was planning on disappearing.

Parker
Site Admin

Fri May 03, 2019 2:58 am

Locke didn't pay another thought to the girl and her father as he turned to go after his own child. He had a feeling that Elikos was simply going to go hide if given the chance, but he wasn't going to allow that yet. His longer legs helped him to catch up to the young thief quickly. "Exactly where do you think you're going, young man?" He asked as he moved in front of him and put a hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Mind telling me what that was all about? I understand the fun of stealing, but what have I told you about being sure to not get caught doing it?" He demanded.
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

Loyalty

Fri May 03, 2019 3:14 am

Sniffing at the offending clogging sensation in his nose, he swiped at the mess with his hand. Noticing the blood on it he mentally shrugged and kept walking. He did not get far before he was caught by Locke as the man's silent movements blocked his escape route. The hand on his shoulder likewise held him immobile. He hadn't even heard the man coming, and Elikos had prided himself on his acute hearing. Letting the wonder of that dissipate as the questions were asked he crossed his arms in front of his dirt-smeared shirt over his chest.

Tilting his head slightly in favor of his left eye as he usually did to see better, he felt like glaring but could not bring himself to. Instead he frowned, not at the man but at the situation he'd just left behind. Replaying it over in his mind, his anger would not let him let it go. Not yet.

"Exactly where do you think you're going, young man?"

The answer to this question was a sharp shrug.

"Mind telling me what that was all about? I understand the fun of stealing, but what have I told you about being sure to not get caught doing it?"

"I wasn't!" He proclaimed with intensity, his voice only reaching Locke's ears. "Took those smokes two candlemarks 'go. She only be pick'n me for the one, cause I were prob'ly the first she saw smoke'n. If she had any lick of sense she'd known she'd lost 'em fair long a'fore she put her nose in my face. So I done n' punched it."

Parker
Site Admin

Sun May 12, 2019 11:21 pm

The sharp shrug of an answer to his first question made him glare harder at his boy. For all Locke was quickly becoming a serial killer with a schizophrenic disorder he was actually a good father. He loved his children, but he did expect them to be respectful...at least to him. "Real answers, Elikos." He scolded lightly.

"I wasn't! Took those smokes two candlemarks 'go. She only be pick'n me for the one, cause I were prob'ly the first she saw smoke'n. If she had any lick of sense she'd known she'd lost 'em fair long a'fore she put her nose in my face. So I done n' punched it."

Locke shook his head. "Alright, look me straight in the eyes and tell me that you didn't steal those from somewhere. I don't care if you didn't steal them from her. You obviously didn't buy them either because you're too young." He pointed out logically. "I don't care if you steal...obviously. That would be so many layers thick of hypocritical it'd be hard to wade through. I do care, though, if you get yourself caught. That means with things you shouldn't have or doing things you shouldn't. Do you know where in particular you messed up here?" Locke paused a moment before continuing on. "You were smoking in plain sight. That girl was also too young to be smoking. So when she saw you...someone her age...smoking, don't you think it makes a bit of sense that she would accuse you of taking what she had previously stolen?"

Loyalty

Mon May 13, 2019 1:15 am

"Alright, look me straight in the eyes and tell me that you didn't steal those from somewhere. I don't care if you didn't steal them from her. You obviously didn't buy them either because you're too young."

Elikos tried to look Locke straight in the eyes but something was becoming apparent to him and it made him anxious. The swelling and blood around his good eye was slowly constricting his sight. Before too long he might be nearly or all blind. He had to get to hiding before that happened and wait out the swelling. He had to wash the blood away. He couldn't let this be known. To anyone. Instead of looking Locke straight in the eye, he unknowingly placed his gaze slightly off to the right.

The longer Locke spoke, the more Elikos fidgeted, until he was rubbing at his good eye to try and clear it. He only made it worse and his shoulder under Locke's hand grew very tight as the muscles reacted to his hidden stress. His ears though were constantly listening. His facial expressions only remotely distracted from their previous anger.

The lesson he'd learned from what Locke said was clear. "I messed up. Ain't gonna happen 'gain. Kin I go now?" It was a short, brief answer but he really couldn't stick around anymore. A red blurry haze was getting worse. "Sorry." He added to try and placate Locke. If he wasn't released soon, he'd have to run. Run, and hope he didn't run into anything in his hunt for a hole to hide in.

Parker
Site Admin

Thu May 16, 2019 1:07 am

Locke waited for Elikos to look him in the eyes and when he finally did it was only...sort of. A quick look of confusion crossed his face before the scowl returned, but his mind was now turning. Granted, his son could simply be pulling a smart-ass move by only partially doing what was asked of him, but Locke was fairly good at reading people and he didn't feel like Elikos was merely being petulant by having his gaze being slightly off.

He watched then as Elikos began to fidget and fidget more as he spoke to him. Locke was about ready to reprimand him for it, but the way he also scrubbed at his injured eye was curious. Perhaps it simply was bothering him, but if it was himself he'd leave the eye alone to not make things worse. The other eye was enough to see out of.

"I messed up. Ain't gonna happen 'gain. Kin I go now? Sorry."

Locke remained quiet for a few moments as he looked at his son closely and didn't say anything. His mind was slowly putting things together. Taking the little things seen now and piecing them together to try and figure out if there was something there or if he was merely overthinking things. "C'mon, let's go get that eye taken care of. No buts, either." He says and begins to lead Elikos back to their apartment. Locke was still curious, but he didn't have enough information...but that didn't mean he couldn't get some.

Loyalty

Thu May 16, 2019 1:42 am

Elikos was very conflicted. Locke had come to earn his trust. Not just as Locke the dad figure, but also as The Reaper, the one that had saved him from Hell. Locke had his back and would protect him. The man even openly acknowledge him as a son to others without hesitation or deception. Having someone have his back like this was something relatively new in his life. His need to protect his secret about being half-blind had been a very strong part of his psyche ever since he'd woken with lost vision in that eye. Being 'crippled' on the streets was a death sentence. Especially if others could detect it. He had to get to hiding before his infirmity was discovered. He silently begged Locke to quit considering him and let him go.

"C'mon, let's go get that eye taken care of."

That was not what he'd expected. As he opened his mouth to begin an utterance with the word 'but...' Locke added with an uncanny intuition.

"No buts, either."

Run and hide? Raise his trust level of Locke to a whole new level? His conflict danced behind his angry gaze. The anger upon his face was muted now and only held to its form to hide his true emotions. Elikos was afraid. Stiffening, his body ached to turn and run. The need to do so was hounding his insides hard.

No. He would not run. Not this time. Locke was here. He would not hide alone. He...needed Locke. He wanted his protection. But maybe, maybe Locke didn't have to know, even now. His muscles under Locke's hand relaxed as a decision was made. Turning his heels he walked by Locke's side. As they passed through the entryway, Elikos stumbled into the door frame itself. It was a glancing brush but it startled his already shot nerves into jumping.

"Locke?" He started to say, but grew silent. Changing his mind from the words he had been ready to utter, he substituted another apology instead. It was a sincere one and meant more than just erring because of the smokes. "Sorry."

Parker
Site Admin

Thu May 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Locke's hand remained on Elikos's shoulder for the time being. He could feel how tense the young lad was and for a moment there he felt the muscles tighten even further. He knew what that tenseness could mean, so he prepared himself to have to chase after his son if he did decide to run. Though, why he would was a mystery. Locke had already scolded him and had merely suggested they go get him cleaned up. That wasn't really a scenario which warranted running away from...by Locke's perspective. That meant something was up.

Thankfully, Elikos didn't run. Locke knew he wouldn't as soon as he felt his shoulder relax. With the lad by his side, they headed back to their home. After a few moments, Locke released his shoulder since he was sure that the lad wouldn't try and take off anymore. They got home and Locke watched as Elikos stumbled into the door frame.

"Yes?" Locke responded and waited for whatever his son was going to say. All he got was another apology, though he had a feeling that wasn't what he wanted to say. To be fair, the apology was more sincere at least. "It's in the past now, son. Remember your mistake and learn from it, but do not dwell on it." Locke told him as they headed to the bathing chamber. "Have a seat. I'll get you patched up." He pointed to the edge of the tub and then moved to the cabinet to get out the first aid kit.

While he could make an educated guess as to what was going on, Locke decided to test how much Elikos trusted him now that he'd been under his care for a while. "So, you going to tell me what's going on?" He asked gently as he began to clean the blood off his face.