Did We Just Become Best Friends? - [ tag ] Slasher / Mar'co

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:46 am

It didn't take much to consider it really. It sounded like a fine idea, and Cat really did like the idea over all. Time with Niomi, time with his new friend... it sounded like a good time overall. He tipped his head and set the blade down that he held and grasped his hips a moment before brushing a finger over his nose and jutting his hand out towards the bronzerider. "I think that's a deal we have right there." He was grinning, almost foolishly, but he couldn't help it, he was pleased, as happy as he'd ever been, and he couldn't wait to tell Niomi about this.

Nako chose that time to shift and move, and the blue rolled onto his back, his limbs all wiggling in the air as he looked up playfully at Roth. This is unbecoming of me but I can't see my ladies right now and I would like to play. Would you entertain me, Roth?
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Mar'co couldn't help but match C'taren's grin, then glanced towards the dragons. For his part, Roth was blinking a bit quizzically towards the younger blue, almost unsure of how to handle that request. He wanted to play? But...Roth was not a terribly playful dragon. Tolerant. Patient. Competetive. But there was no competetion he could challenge the blue to that would be fair, the weyrling was still that...A Weyrling. It would be honestly a bit awful of him to challenge the blue to something, but...He is starting to fly, you know... Marrow's voice drifted into Roth's mind, and the bronze grunted a bit with the realization that his rider was correct.

You are starting to fly, yes? Then let us alight. Marrow grinned as Roth stood from under the blue, letting the weyrling slide off him gently as he stretched his wings up. It was almost comical the difference in their sizes as the bronze stretched himself out. Turning towards Cat, Marrow gestured a bit, ”It looks like we all get some exercise today.” Hefting a short sword, it felt foreign in his hand. He had never really been much of a swordsman, and he set it down again. Lifting a long pole instead, sort of a practice spear without a sharp head, ”Care to spar while they flap around?”
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:03 pm

Flap was quite honestly what the blue was doing, but he was determined not to fall behind, though Cat cautioned him not to overextend himself. He glanced in his young dragon's direction and watched him for a moment to ensure he wasn't going to make that foolish attempt before glancing back at Marrow. A challenge... it had been a while since he'd received such a thing, and truth be told, a little challenge sounded like a nice way to end a day meeting a new friend with such a like mind as his. He didn't even say anything in response, though he grinned and reached for another pole, weighing it in his hands and ensuring he had a decent enough grip before moving into a postured stance.

"I think I can manage." He winked, checking one last time on his dragon both mentally and visually before making the first move and jutting the pole forward. This was going to be fun! Nako, young though he was, couldn't help but snort a little: his rider sure was being hypocritical it seemed, if he had the meaning of that word down right - telling him to be cautious then throwing it all in every which direction. Foolish riders, how they needed their dragons just to keep from making foolish mistakes.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher

Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:23 pm

As Cataren moved with a quick jut, almost catching Marrow off guard, the man jumped back a bit. Honestly, he had been watching with amusement as the dragon's took to the skies. He remembered when Roth was a weyrling, and taking his first flights. The beast of a dragon had been just as gangly and uncoordinated in the air. It had taken turns of practice, and more than one close call for the bronze to master flight. It would be the same with Nakotomith. But at least for the moment, the blue was in good hands. Well, claws. Roth was doting enough that he wouldn't let anything bad happen to the blue.

But Marrow needed to pay attention. His sparring partner was obviously eager, and more experienced with weaponry. Luckily, a pole was one of the few things Mar'co had ever spent any amount of time working with. As a farmer, he generally had a pole of some sort on hand, so it made sense that that would be his weapon of choice. Turning and offering a sweeping jab back towards the weyrling, he couldn't hold the grin on his face back. The session rapidly turned into a good workout, one that the bronzerider was all too happy to have. It felt good to move, turn, thrust, duck(and honestly, get whacked a couple times).

ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:18 am

This was perfect, the kind of exercise he liked to enjoy whenever he had the chance to get around someone who was willing to take the other half of a sparring circle. It wasn't that he wasn't able to find people, just that more often than not he wasn't able to due to weyrling training. Perhaps now that he had a friend - maybe? - like Mar'co, he might have someone willing to entertain him in those regards? The man's bronze and Nako got along, who was to say they couldn't enjoy a free half hour or two a sevenday in the ring?

Eventually though, it seemed like neither of them was going to win, at least from the inside looking in. Cat hadn't met such a worthy opponent in quite some time, and it was strangely like facing himself in the mirror. A curious thing, one he wasn't able to place a finger on as to why it gave him that strange feeling. Nonetheless he was having fun, didn't want the fun to end, and would have continued to push himself were it not for the fact that he knew he still had duties and chores to complete that day.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to start calling this to an end, so you can throw the towel in at any moment." He called out as he jutted forward with the pole, laughing when it failed to meet his opponents shoulder. "Dammit, we keep dancing circles around one another!"

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Slasher

Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:39 pm

They were indeed evenly matched it seemed. Marrow was bigger, broader shoulders, thicker, but Cat was definitely quicker than the man. And there was some sort of familiarity in how C'taren moved, something that was almost mirror feeling for Mar'co. It was a bit odd, but also felt really good. As C'taren said he'd have to start calling it, Marrow chuckled. A final attempt to land something on the weyrling failed, and the bronzerider just backed up several steps, dropping his pole. It would have to be a draw, ”Maybe next time one of us will win.”

Above, Roth felt the queue from Marrow, and angled down below the blue, You've done well. Good flying. Now, can you land? Roth rumbled at Nakotomith as he angled for the ground, though the bronze kept pace with the weyrling, waiting to land himself until he saw the blue successfully down.

Marrow moved and returned his pole to the weapons rack, then grabbed a rag and mopped his face off, grinning ear to ear. It had been too long since he'd had a good workout like that, ”That was fun though. You're pretty good.”
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:33 am

"One of us will, and it'll be me." Cat said with a wink, though in reality so long as it was fun and they were good sports about it both, he wouldn't care which of them won in the end. He stopped for a moment when he felt the pull of flight from his dragon and looked up, spotting the blue up in the sky and noticing how he was angled. He was going to land, from the looks of it, and he had to watch for a moment just to see it happen, even if he wouldn't get to watch it all.

I can do it! Nakotomith insisted, positioning himself just so in order to make the landing. And while it wasn't perfect - he may have butted into the ground a little towards the end - he did it with a rather smooth flair when all was said and done. Can we do that again together sometime, Roth? Of course he had just made a friend and would want to fly with him; he was in awe of the bronze.

Turning away from the sky, Cat moved to return his own pole to the rack and grabbed something to run over his face as well. "You're not so bad yourself. Don't think I've had a match like that in a while. I would be more than happy to do something like that again, if you're willing of course. I do have a win to take hold of, after all..." He jabbed at him with an elbow in the side, light though it was and laughed as he stepped away before the gesture could be returned.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image