Served Upon A Rolling Fire - [ tag ] Slasher/Keket

New Atricis Weyr's westernmost border of territory lands along a coast of beaches and seaside cliffs. From the western coasts, a large island can be seen, but is off limits due to the dangers of rogues inhabiting the island. Including the Flotilla settlement, slowly, Atricis' coastal border is growing thanks to the Pearls and their riders.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Any excuse to get out to the water, and more importantly, fish, was a good thing to Dirce. Graduation had come and gone and she had thought there'd be more time for it but the opposite had been true, which was a shame. She could not only catch a good amount on her own, but cook it up in no time flat on the shore of a beach, which always meant good eating for anyone that cared to join her, even if it was just her small little lizard comapions.

Yesterday though, she'd found reason to finally go out, and she was not only taking someone with her, but someone who had, apparently, been intrigued enough to say yes. Of all the goldriders in the Weyr, she had yet to meet and chat with Keket, who had Impressed on Atrician sands but returned only recently. She wanted to change that if at all possible. It had been with that in mind that she'd sent a note to the other woman asking if she'd like to go fishing for their first meeting.

The response had been positive, and Dirce had spent the rest of her free evening making sure her equipment was in perfect working order before going to bed, having informed Keket that the perfect time to go would be first thing; she would find out why when they arrived at the beach she was thinking of. When dawn struck the sky, Dirce had roused with a feeling of excitement in her belly, one that could only be brought on by the prospect of fishing.

She got herself dressed, geared up, packed up, then flew Sandalphonth to the bowl to get breakfast for her and Keket. It wasn't until they arrive on their grounds - she'd made sure she had plenty of klah before going between, she wasn't that stupid, that she called for the goldrider, hoping she was awake and prepared for the morning herself. If not, this was sure to be a rude wakening when Sandalphont chirped at her. Lamiath, please excuse Dirce and have your rider join us here she shared the coordinates, clear and crisp as morning sun. When you're both ready.

And then she had to turn, and admonish her rider to sit down and eat. Because no, hunting for insects with which to fish with was not considered acceptable behavior when you had yet to eat a decent meal in the morning. I swear, I need to get you out of the Weyr more often...

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Fri May 10, 2019 4:56 pm

When Keket had received the note from her fellow Queenrider, she had been taking advantage of a quiet evening to catch up on some reading. Nothing fancy of course, just some scrolls on some of the more dangerous flora in the South, knowledge that she figured would come in handy to have. Her own pair of fancy flitts chittered in greeting as the other flitt swooped in and delivered the note. Thanking the little messenger, she opened the parchment, and read it, a smile slowly curling her lips. The Goldrider didn't hesitate to spring up and hurriedly jot down her response, and sent it off with Sine. She spent the rest of her evening getting a small bag together.

Then the woman went to bed early, knowing she would be awake before long, and eager to go. And she was right. Even Lamiath was a soft grumble in the back of her mind as Keket roused and dressed for the day. Dirce had made it clear they were going out as early as possible, and Keket had a feeling she knew why. But either way, she was up for the adventure. Lamiath would of course be perfect to everyone on the outside, even while keeping her quiet, grumbling commentary going in Keket's mind.

So when Sandalphonth's summons came, Lamiath sighed heavily, a sound that Keket practically felt mentally. Even as the dragon slowly uncoiled herself and stretched, the gold responded, her mental voice more chipper than she felt, but appearances must be maintained, even early in the morning, Of course, Sandalphonth. We are eager and ready to go. Lamiath shifted and flapped up and over to where Keket came out of her rooms. Climbing up on the Gold, the woman couldn't hide the grin on her features. They flew up and did a lazy glide to where Sandalphonth was visible.

Keket slid off, and while Lamiath went to join Sandalphonth, she approached Dirce. ”Good morning! Thank you so much for inviting me! Dirce, I presume? I'm Keket.” Keket was obviously a capable morning person, her demeanor energetic and eager. For her part, Lamiath settled daintily on her haunches, her forefeet curled against her hind feet in a perfect feline-like sit. Keket saw the food, and her stomach grumbled audibnly, ”Oh, that's a good idea...” She retrieved a plate for herself, and settled in across from her fellow Queenrider.
Last edited by Slasher on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Sandalphonth wasn't sure how she felt about Lamiath at first. Of course, she could hardly recall when the gold had returned to the Weyr, and even then it was only through her rider's own memories that she did. She wasn't exactly a rumbly creature unless provoked, so she would wait and see what would come of this meeting between the two of them before anything was thought or felt about her. However, when she arrived, she was pleasant in demeanor, wanting to ensure the gold was well aware that she understood who was the more "ranked" in position, and bowed her head in greeting. Lamiath, it is a pleasure to meet you. I have ensured that you will have adequate space in which to lounge today while our riders fish. While she had done so, the zultanite had stopped short of doing anything more, and wouldn't allow the gold to order her around needlessly - she wasn't going to fish for her, for example. Perhaps I can show you where some of the best breakfast fish are located? Hopefully it was an offer the golden queen would find acceptable.

Smiling, and washing her hands off with water - she had a small little pail filled with insects for their fishing expedition, but Sandy had been right, she needed to eat - Dirce stood and grabbed a cloth to dry her fingers with before turning to offer her hand out to Keket. "Keket, yeah?" After shaking, she headed over to where the feast lay spread out and waited for the goldrider to finish plating herself up before doing the same for herself. "I figured I'd bring some things for us to eat before we got going. I have a bit of a big appetite so I'm sure this won't last long between the two of us thanks to my bottomless bit of a stomach." She laughed, "But I promise, that's not my way of saying I'm going to eat it all." She served herself up a healthy amount before seating herself to get started. "I'm glad we have this moment together, I've been meaning to try and plan something for a while now, but things never seemed to line up."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:10 pm

Lamiath may have been a bit on guard when meeting Sandalphonth at first. After all, she had met fellow Queens in the North that, while they were always polite to each other, professional, it was obvious that they would not be lounge partners if given a choice either. But the Zultanite's initial attitude of deference to the higher ranked dragon put the Gold's mind at ease. At least this little Queen was not presumptuous, like some of her fellows. Keket caught slight wind of Lamiath's thoughts, and glanced towards the dragoness', Be nice. The Queen didn't respond to her rider, instead dipping her head at Sandalphonth, her mental tone genuine, The pleasure is mine, Sandalphonth. I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness. The gold turned her gaze out towards the feeding grounds, then rustled her wings a bit, I do enjoy a good swim...I would be grateful for the tip on the good fishing spots. It has been too long.

Considering it seemed like the dragons would be alright, Keket turned her full attention towards Dirce. She took the woman's hand, then followed her to the food. Keket didn't hesitate to grab a plate, and grab a few things that peaked her interest, knowing that like most, Dirce would probably defer to her to get food first. It was something that had taken the woman a long time to get used to, people letting her choose a seat first, or load her plate first. She had grown accustomed to it, but she still was as swift as was decent, so as not to hold up the line, or slow down anyone else, let alone her partner for the day.

After the pair returned to the table, Keket seated herself, and took a quick bite of fruit before nodding as Dirce spoke, ”That's a good idea. I did bring a small bag with a couple things, just to be on the safe side, you never know what could happen. But I have no problem bringing a small feast with us either. If I remember right, fishing is a hungry sport.” Another quick bite and chew, ”And I'm glad things have managed to line up now. Not only do I get to know a peer, but I also get to go fishing. Sounds like a nice break from duties.”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:10 am

It wasn't so much that Sandalphonth was bowing before a grater entity, but more that she understood that queens were to be followed, at least the golden ones were. She had no concept of the possibility of one of her own color leading, though she was aware of a zultanite leading a Wing; above and beyond that, she had no concept of one taking charge of an entire Weyr. She watched Lamiath for a moment, wondering if she might wish for anything more than deference - worship perhaps - but stopped short of bowing to the ground before her. After all, she too was a queen, and whether she held herself so high and mighty as her elder or not, she was able to grasp that she could hold herself to a certain standard if she so wished. You are rather welcome, dear Lamiath. She replied, tone kind, considerate, sweet even. Me and Dirce fly out frequently to fish, so I get my fair share of them and often. Once we arrive, I'll be sure to show you only the finest so that you may eat first and right away.

Dirce felt Sandalphonth's feelings, heard all of her thoughts, and she shook her head a little. She was a queen, but she wasn't. It confused her sometimes, how she could be so... there and yet not at the same time. "Sorry, just amused by dragon kind. My dragon specifically." She smiled and forked a little bit more food onto her plate. "I can always use an excuse to go fishing, so if ever there comes a time that you need to get away, from duties or otherwise, feel free to come find me." She glanced up at the slightly older woman, finding it likewise amusing to know they weren't more than a handful of Turns apart and yet Keket was the more senior of the two. "Of course, that all depends on my own duties, and whether or not I can be free from them or not."

She took them seriously, not wanting to let the Weyrwoman down, nor the Weyrleader for that matter. She might just be a Junior when it came to the queenriding world, but that didn't mean she had a ticket to a free ride or the ability to lax in detail when it came to the work handed to her. She had to take it just as seriously as those that rode dragon's with hides of gold.

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:54 pm

Lamiath approved of Sandalphonth's tone, and settled herself down to relax while their riders ate. If they were going fishing, she would wait to eat for that such delicacy. In the North, she was a bit distraught at how rarely she got fresh saltwater fish(discovering after some trial and error that she preferred the flavor of ocean fish vs fresh water), finding herself pining for the fishing in her home Weyr. The Gold nor her rider realized how much they had missed Atricis. I greatly appreciate the thought. Will you join me in the fishing? It sounds like you get it fairly often, perhaps you are tired of it? The dragoness' own tone was one of curiosity, and amusement(though not at Sandalphonth's expense).

Keket smiled at the offer, ”I might just take you up on that, watch out.” She ate more of her plate, her gaze wandering out towards the nearby table of food. She knew what was on her plate would hold her over until they are least got to where they were going. And the more her mind followed that path, the more eager she became to get on the way. Turning to her food, she quickly(but politely) ate it. Once finished, she nodded, and stood to take her plate to the dirty dish area. Pausing though, she glanced towards Dirce's own plate to see if the other woman was finished, ”If you're done, I'll take that for you...?”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:54 am

Unknowingly, though perhaps she did have some idea considering she was picking and choosing her moves carefully, Sandalphonth was making a good impression upon the golden queen. She bowed her head and shifted while she glanced in the direction of the main Weyr, eager to be off to the ocean where she could fish and enjoy some in the company of Lamiath. I get it often because Dirce likes to go fishing. She was a fisher before I found her on my hatching day. But I enjoy it quite well, truth be told, despite getting it often. I like the larger varieties, that I hope to show you, over the smaller ones.

Finishing the last of the food on her plate, Dirce offered it up to Keket and smiled. "Thank you."[/b[ She finished off her drink and offered the mug as well before standing. "I think I'm going to head out while you take care of the dishes, ensure that I have everything we'll need hooked up to Sandy's harness. Just meet me in the Yard and then we'll be off. it'll give me time to properly introduce myself to your Lamiath. From what I get from Sandy, she's making fine friend's with that beauty of yours." She grinned and winked before departing the dining hall.

She was quick to spot the dragonesses, and grinned when Sandalphonth made a happy little sound upon seeing her in return. She lifted her hand, hearing her tell the gold that that was her rider, and upon reaching them, Dirce did what was only natural and right: she bowed before Lamiath and ensured she gave her a proper greeting. "Beautiful Lamiath, it is a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance and be in your presence. Thank you for allowing me and Sandalphonth the pleasure of you and your rider's company on this day."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Hearing Sandalphonth's words, Lamiath rumbled happily, the sound almost a low purr as she angled her head slightly in the zultanite's direction, I find myself eager for this, yes... The queen glanced in the direction of where the rider's were eating, her impatience now filtering through to Keket. The woman couldn't help but chuckle a little. Considering how reluctant Lamiath had been, the queenrider couldn't help but find her dragon's change of mood entertaining.

Taking Dirce's plate, she nodded, ”Sounds like a plan. I'll see you there.” She turned and deposited the dishes in the bins along the wall, to be taken away by some of the lower caverns folk. Heading for her own dragon, she bowed politely towards Sandalphonth as she joined the queen's, ”Well met, Sandalphonth. It's a pleasure to meet you.” She didn't expect a direct response of course, but manners had to be maintained. It was probably the one thing that Lamiath had always loved about Keket, that the woman was polite.

Lamiath rumbled appreciatively at Dirce's attitude as well. Properly respectful, the pair of them! Keket felt her dragon's approval, and chuckled towards Dirce, ”She likes you. That's rare.” Lamiath arched her neck, almost the equivalent to a draconic toss of the head, pointedly not looking at anyone. How dare her rider betray her feelings to others. With a soft snort, Keket climbed up onto the gold, ”You lead, we'll follow.” Oh, how that irked the gold! But she didn't let it show. Instead fluttering her wings, readying to launch after the Zultanite.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:43 pm

The zultanite wondered why they weren't letting Lamiath lead, and asked her rider as much. Dirce was quick to explain by answering her softly, a hand on her hide as she mounted. *We know where we're going to exactly, and the area in general.* Besides, it wouldn't hurt to try and make friends with the other queens, in her opinion, especially since they'd end up working together at one point or another.

She strapped in and threw a thumb's up at the goldrider, then gave the signal to launch. Soon after, they were on their way, and Dirce smiled as they began to fly forward. She was eager to get to the spot in question, equally as eager to begin their fishing trip. She liked fishing, thrived on it, always wanted to do it, and being able to share it with Keket felt like a truly memorable experience overall.

She glanced towards Keket and waved, pointing around her and then down, signalling to look around and enjoy the view. She wasn't sure how much of the South the goldrider had seen before her transfer back North originally, but she was in for a treat in Dirce's opinion.

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:38 am

As they rose into the air, Lamiath a wingbeat behind Sandalphonth, Keket couldn't help but continue her amusement at her gold's restraint. Lamiath wasn't thrilled, but she also understood. While they were born Atricians, it had been turns, and even if it took thousands of turns to shape mountains, the few they were gone, there had still been changes. So they followed, and the woman, and her dragon both took the opportunity to enjoy the view. All directions, it was familiar, yet foreign sites, and they enjoyed guessing what was what between each other. It was a silent conversation, but that was to be expected while flying. And it was Keket's favorite part about Impressing, honestly. She had her other half, the one she didn't even realize she was missing until it was found.

So they soared, and they felt the wind glide past them, curl around Lamiath's wingbeats, her tail sliding back and forth to adjust their flight. It felt right. It felt like home. And it was only going to get better, she was sure. There was exploring to do. Exploring they hadn't had a chance to do before they left. And fishing! Keket's eyes slid back towards Dirce ahead of them, and she grinned towards the other woman. Leaning forward, she touched Lamiath's hide, and the gold dipped her head in acknowledgement, and looked towards Sandalphonth, Keket would like to know which direction the fishing is? This view is spectacular, but she knows fish have certain times that are better?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage