Becoming Familiar Again (In A Way) - [ tag ] Kate/Isiana

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:57 pm

It was early morning, but today Dirce was going to be working with one of the goldriders. She wasn't nervous, quite the opposite, she found herself eager for this interaction if only because she hadn't had the chance to even introduce herself to the woman yet. Not officially at least.

What do you... wait... you mean... The zultanite had reached into her rider's mind for the information, and once she'd touched on the pictures, words, and other bits of thoughts, she understood.

Dirce started to grin at the silence that followed, if only because she was the only one that seemed to understood the significance of this particular woman and her dragon. If it weren't for Isiana and Andromedath even being, Sandalphonth would exist, and Dirce wouldn't have Sandalphonth. The dragon tried her best to grasp the gravity of such a thing, but she simply couldn't, because to her, it was something that was always simply meant to be.

Trust me, my love. We have a lot to thank Andromedath for. She laid your egg, she is the reason you are here. She nurtured you while you were in a shell for so long. That didn't seem to matter, and she watched her rider cross the Weyr Yard from where she'd been, in the dining hall fetching breakfast for her and Isiana to enjoy. When questioned over why she was doing so, the first words from the zultanite since struck silent by the thoughts, Dirce chuckled. Thought I'd be kind, since its early for her too.

When she arrived at the apartment, Dirce knocked carefully with the toe of her booted foot, then stepped back to wait for a response, popping a grape in her mouth while she waited. She hoped Isiana remembered this appointed time, and if not, well... it would be a big breakfast for Dirce, and a make up lunch later, perhaps?

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Kate

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:06 pm

Groaning ever so slightly, the gold rider rolled over, intending to snuggle closer to her boyfriend, but found that he was already gone. Or at least, that’s what she thought until she glanced around and saw that she was at her own apartment instead of his. Briefly, she had forgotten that she had gone to her own place last night because she was working with one of the zultanite riders today, and she hadn’t wanted anyone to be confused about where to find her.

Speaking of which, it was a good thing that she had woken up when she did, because in just a little bit, Dirce would be here, and the two of them would get started with their day. Sitting up, the young woman let her feet hang over the bed for a moment and she found herself stretching.

Making her way to the washroom, she quickly cleaned her hands and face, helping herself wake up in the process. Once she felt more awake, she put on some klah. While she waited for that to be done, she got herself dressed for the day, and made some bread and butter for a quick breakfast. Once everything was done she sat at the table and ate her meal.

Isiana was just sipping on her klah when she heard the knock at the door. Setting her cup down, she went and answered it, giving the young woman standing there a smile. ”Good morning Dirce. Would you like a cup of klah before we get started with our day?” While she knew that they needed to get started, it wasn’t a dire rush so she figured she could afford a few minutes to get to know the other young woman over a cup of klah if Dirce so chose.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:58 am

The zultanite rider smiled and held out what was in her hands, hoping the goldrider would approve of the bounty she carried with her. She should have maybe sent something ahead, asking if it would be okay to carry breakfast with her - maybe things that Isiana would like - but instead the woman had just left it to herself to bring a little of everything along for the trip. "I brought things to eat. I figured since it would be so early, I might as well. I hope you don't mind."

She stepped inside when invited, quickly set everything down, but didn't quite set it out, not wanting to do so without permission from Isiana. "Um, thank you for today, by the way. I know its kind of early for us both, but... oh, yes, klah would be fantastic." She scratched her cheek, partially out of shame for having gone over the head of her superior Queenrider, and stepped back a moment. "I do apologize, I suppose for someone nearing her thirties, I shouldn't be as nervous as I am."

Then she started to explain why she was nervous, because there was indeed a reason for it. "I've just been eager, in part, to meet you again after so long. And to thank you and your dragon." That wasn't all there was to it though, so if it had seemed strange at first to the other rider, it wouldn't for long. "If it wasn't for your Andromedath, I wouldn't have Sandalphonth, and I've wanted to show my appreciation to you both in some way for a while now. So thank you."

— Ray Bradbury —
Kate

Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:55 pm

It took the young woman a moment to figure out that the other rider was holding a basket (or something) of food. Once Isiana saw that, she could not help but smile softly. While she had already eaten, she hadn’t really eaten that much because she had been just trying to get something to eat before she had to go do all her work for the day. ”That was very thoughtful. I appreciate it.” As Dirce walked in, dark eyes glanced in the basket to see what she had brought, and her stomach gave a little growl. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to have a bit more to eat.

Isiana slowly shut the door behind the zultanite rider and could not stop the slightly confused look that came to her face. Why was Dirce thanking her? This was just part of the every day routine wasn't it? Honestly, the gold rider never really minded what time they started, or who she was working with. It had become easy for Isiana to just roll with the punches, or whatnot, when it came to that kind of stuff. She was just easy going, and it made everything seem so much simpler. She offered the young girl a small smile. "There's no need to thank me. I'd actually prefer to start early. Im usually a morning person, so I like to get started, and get done early." Indeed she did. When she got done early, it just meant that she had a bit more time to spend with Lor, or if the blue rider wasn't around, a bit more time to just relax.

"There's no need to be nervous either. I promise I'm not going to bite your head off, or anything like that." Isiana replied as she moved to pour them each a cup of klah. As Dirce began to speak once again, dark eyes glanced at her, and Isiana could not help but smile ever so softly at the other woman. The gold rider felt kind of weird being thanked for that. "Well, I don't know exactly how much I had to do with that, but I'm sure Andromedath will be happy to hear that you are thankful for her daughter."

Setting the two cups of blah down on the table she motioned for Dirce to take a seat. "Some klah and a bit of whatever all of this delicious smelling stuff you brought is, sounds perfect before we head out, don't you agree?"
Ember

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:57 am

She supposed it was a little weird, but in truth - at least in Dirce's mind - there would not be a Sandalphonth without an Isiana, if only because the dragon's mother was bonded to the young woman. It just made sense to her, and she didn't know how to explain it in a way that didn't make her seem stranger than she already sounded, so she simply kept quiet about it. She smiled at at the thought of klah and nodded, but not before responding to the comment about her very own gold dragon. "I'll be sure to thank your Andromedath when I get the chance. I'm sure it might seem strange, but I just want to make sure I know she's appreciated by me."

"And yes, it does all sound perfect. I've been smelling it on my way over and can't believe I made it without stopping for a nibble on something." She laughed and poured the goldrider something of the klah, before unloading the basket so that they could eat. "I tend to eat more than I really should, so I brought more than I probably needed to. I hope that doesn't bother you in the slightest and believe me when I say, I don't think any of it will go to waste." Not with her or Inkspot around, the blue glutton of hers...

— Ray Bradbury —
Kate

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:39 am

Isiana could not contain a chuckle as she heard what the other young woman said. Andromedath would indeed love being thanked for anything. Not that her Gold had a huge ego, but she liked it when people paid her compliments. ”She will like knowing that she is appreciated. Even though I tell her all the time, it always seems to sound better coming from someone else.”

Dirce’s giggle proved to be infectious and the gold rider couldn’t help but giggle as well. ”I feel your pain, I would have had the same problem, I can almost guarantee it.” Pausing for the briefest moment, she then quickly continued, ”I have to admit that I actually probably would have stopped and taken a bite or two. I really don’t know that I could have made it here without doing that.”

Taking a sip of her klah and picking up a pastry, the young woman smiled. ”I don’t think they will go to waste. Especially if we eat some now, and work up an appetite while we are out there working today.” While she didn’t know exactly what the two of them were doing to do today, but they would find out soon enough.

Finishing her pastry she reached for another one. ”So, why don’t you tell me a bit more about yourself ?”
Ember

Wed May 01, 2019 3:34 pm

Dirce could do that, even if she wasn't the best at sharing details about herself. She considered what to share - what things to give out about, and what she'd prefer not to - and when she had an idea of what would be best, she was cupped her mug and started. "Well, ma'am," it was a little awkward, considering they were pretty much the same age, but Isiana was the senior in rank so it was the polite way to go. "I was born in old Atricis to handler parents, and when I was about ten, we moved to Tillek. While there, I would Apprentice to the Seacraft as a fisher, but later study sailing in the hopes of gaining a double Journey knot. My parents transferred South eventually where..."

She frowned, but then she smiled quickly to cover it up, because... well, as much as she missed them, she'd been thinking on it more lately and it was time to finally give them the proof that she could be strong she knew they would have expected of her. No more mourning, but more of a remembrance, of fondness and better times. That in itself made her warm and grin, and she then she wiped it away. "I lost them, ma'am, but I remember them every day with fondness and love, and that's the only reason smile now - I'm thinking about that love I still have for them."

She picked at something on her pant's leg, feeling a bit awkward for something that felt so natural, and then continued before she could make a bigger fool of herself. "I came South after they died to take care of my siblings. I saw one of them to an Apprenticeship at the Harper Hall, two of them to candidacy, and before I was able to see the other to a craft or position... Sandalphonth chose me from the stands. But I wouldn't trade her in for the world. She means everything to me."

— Ray Bradbury —
Kate

Tue May 07, 2019 10:50 pm

Isiana could see the hesitation in the other rider, and immediately she wished she could take back the question. How ignorant could she be? There were obviously people who did not want to talk, not want to share details of their lives or anything like that. Honestly, she could relate. She didnt discuss much of her past with anyone, except Lor. The blue rider was the only one that she felt comfortable sharing things with.

Finally, she was brought back out of her own thoughts by the other rider speaking. So she had come from Old Atricis. That must have been nice. As much as Isiana liked Walled, since she had come here, she found herself thinking how lucky people who had lived here their entire lives were.

A frown made its way to Isiana’s face as Dirce continued. She had lost her parents? While the young woman did not exactly agree with her parents all the time, and they were partly the reason she had left, she could honestly not imagine not having them around. Nodding silently, Isiana just listened, letting the other woman speak. While she wished she could say something, she highly doubted she could say anything Dirce had not heard before. Plus, Isiana felt as though she had nothing to say since she did not know exactly what the other rider had went through when that happened.

Giving her a small smile she said, ”Well, I’m sure your siblings appreciated you doing that. As for having to trade your dragon, I’m sure they would never ask you to. I’m sure they are absolutely proud of you. They will be excited for you, and be happy that they will still be able to see and talk to you.” Whether that was going to help the other woman, she didn’t know, but she certainly hoped it would.

Grinning a little bit she took another sip of her klah and stoke another bite of the goodies that Dirce has brought, enjoying the taste. ”Is it bad that I wish we didn’t have to go do chores and such today? I kind of wish we could just stay here all day and eat these delicious foods.”
Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 5:08 pm

Dirce smiled at that, and nodded, thinking and hoping that Isiana was right. She had always thought her parents would have been proud, and had even had her brother and sister tell her that they were pleased with her and Sandalphonth's Impression, even if that meant they didn't get to spend as much time together anymore. "Thank you, Isiana. It makes me happy thinking about that actually. I like knowing that my parents probably would have been happy by what happened on my Impression day."

She had to stop eating though when the other woman spoke again and chuckled, nodding her agreement as she reached for something to drink. "Oh, wouldn't that be nice to be able to ignore duty for just a little while?" She wasn't sure if she actually could or not, but sometimes there were moments when she wanted to sit back and just be lazy. This was one of them, especially now that they were starting to relax around one another. "Perhaps we could save some of these things though for when we're finished. A little temptation to finish things up, and finish them well." She grinned and winked.

— Ray Bradbury —
Kate

Sat May 18, 2019 1:56 am

Once Isiana saw the smile come to the other woman rider's face, she found herself letting out a breath that she hadn't exactly known she had been holding. Had she really been that nervous that the other woman would take that a way other than it was intended? Or feel offended that she had said that without obviously knowing anything about her parents? Thankfully, it seemed like her words had done the job she wanted them to. All the Gold rider had been trying to do was reassure the young woman. Isiana was pretty sure that taking care of your siblings and trying to be a candidate had been exhausting. Now she had a bit of a break from caring for her siblings since she was a Weyrling, but Isiana knew that probably couldn't be say either. She knew how much she missed her siblings sometimes, even if it had been her own choice to leave them.

Grinning at Dirce's next statement, Isiana nodded eagerly in agreement. "I do agree, that would be pretty nice. I know we get one day a sevenday off, but to me, it never seems like enough." Maybe it was because both she and Lor were so busy that it felt like that. Sure, they spent as much time together as they could, but even on the rest day, the found that they didnt feel like doing much of anything. Now, most of the time that was ok, but sometimes, she wished they could go do something, just the two of them. Once in a while they would go on a quiet quick picnic or something like that, but she still wished she could be with him more, especially with his eye.

As the Zultanite rider spoke once more, Isiana could not help but grin, almost a bit like a fool. Honestly, she believed that the woman had the right idea. If some of this delicious food was still here waiting for them when they got back, in would indeed help them focus more, and get more done quickly in hopes of returning. Chuckling she said, "While I agree with that, I'm almost certain that if we finished early, that they would probably just give us more stuff to do. So, some how, I dont think it matters all that much."

Setting her klah mug down, she sighed softly and giggled. ”Although I said I’m not sure if it will work, I’m still willing to give it a try anyway.”