Strange Ways To Connect || K'rios/Ember

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder
Pronouns: She/Her

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:04 am

K'rios seemed pretty sure that favoritism wouldn't be called. But Sul'tek still feared. He had lost his rank on Igen because of what happened with his father, he didn't want it to be said that he got his rank because his father was the Weyrleader or that others felt bad for Sul'tek. Just thinking on that seemed to make his blood boil a bit before she looked at K'rios as he told his story. Wow. That was all that he could think on it at the moment. That sure was a nice thing to know.

"That takes a lot of stress off a person, to know this stuff." Of course, it also put new stress. The stress of having to prove himself once more, something that he was already trying to do, but perhaps he just needed to try a bit harder to be noticed? Either way, he knew that he was going to be a pretty busy person. What he didn't expect though, was for this meeting to be going as smoothly as it seemed to be going. It seemed to be one of the easier meet and greets that he has had with his half-siblings.

"You wouldn't have any qualms about an Igen candidate coming over, would you?" Yeah, that question was completely out of the blue, but he needed to know that his daughter would be in good hands. Oh yeah, his daughter was wanting to transfer, but Sul'tek wasn't sure how the candidacy went around here and how the Candidatemasters treated others. He had no doubts that K'rios would treat her right, but how would the others treat an Igenite?
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed May 01, 2019 2:05 pm

That question gave K'rios pause, given the troubles they'd had with the last Igen candidate - though it had been cleared up quick enough. But he shook his head and smiled pleasantly. "So long as proper channels were gone through, of course not. A candidate is a candidate regardless of where they came from." He rubbed the back of his neck, having a feeling of what was going on here, and he had to ask. "I'm going to guess you have someone you want to bring South, candidate age perhaps?"

He sipped from his drink and had to wonder who it could be. A child of his of candidacy age. A friend's child? Something along those lines. But he was curious all the same, and eager for the chance to introduce another student to the barracks along with Bellatrix.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —

The gorgeous avatar is by the talented Kaenith.
Tyriani

Sat May 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Sul'tek didn't know how everyone felt about people from Igen. He didn't seem to have an issue here, so that was good, but not every person from Igen gave a good name to them self. But he let the man think and he nodded lightly as he thought on it. Surieka would be good, he knew she would. Mainly because if she didn't behave, she would have her entire family here to have to answer to. "The proper channels will always be gone through. Wouldn't have it any other way."

But then the statement came and he gave a curt nod. "My daughter, Surieka. She is still on Igen, but she wants to come here. 'Family should be together after all.'" He even quoted what his daughter had said in her last letter, knowing that it was going to be an interesting day when she came over. So much family that she was going to have to meet, but the question was more if they were going to like her, or her like them. But those could be questions for another day.
Ember

Tue May 07, 2019 11:39 pm

He couldn't agree more, that family should be together. He was a firm believer in that statement, felt that way and had for quite some time. It was why he'd tried to get along with the siblings that he was related to, why he was trying so hard to get along with his father. It also had something to do with his own daughter - he wanted Norissa to have a good, solid family surrounding her, to love her and care for her, and he knew that he wouldn't have that for her if he was an asshole to everyone he shared blood with.

"Yeah, I get that, and hopefully you'll be able to get her here soon. Shouldn't be too difficult. Dad might be able to help if you talk to him. Though given his relationship with the Igenites..." It was give or take whether or not they would be willing to work with L'van, though he didn't know entirely how the politics there worked. Still "Its always worth a shot if need be, you know?"

He lifted a shoulder and smiled. "I'd like to meet her though when she comes down. I can help her with candidacy since she is one. Though I can't say she'll find favoritism with me being one of her teachers. I've had one sister as a candidate, and she found herself treated like everyone else, so Surieka would be no different than any other." He figured she wouldn't want it any other way though.

— Ray Bradbury —

Tyriani

Tue May 21, 2019 5:15 am

Sul'tek knew that it was going to be a change for Surieka when she came over. Mainly just because of how things differed from Igen to New Atricis. But he knew that she was going to be able to get over those changes kind of quickly if she really put her mind to it. But he brought his mind from that to the topics at hand. He knew that things were going to have to be taken slowly, and he was more than happy to be able to help with that slow nature. Just to be sure that he himself would have the best situations to throw the rest of his family into.

"Honestly, getting her here doesn't seem to be the problem. She has the transfer application ready. But I guess a clutch was just laid, and well, she wants to try and see what comes from it." He thought for a moment. She was a bit stubborn, but he was still curious as to why she wanted to see what was going to come from it. What was so special about it he wondered. He removed himself from his thoughts though as K'rios offered to help her, thought not with favoritism.

He gave a small nod. "If you wouldn't mind, that would be wonderful. I know that she might need help adjusting if anything." He thought on the favoritism thing and he shook his own head. "I wouldn't expect you to be nicer to her. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you were to be harder on her. She is descended from our father after all." It was a jest, but probably a horrible one. He was never one for jokes and humor, but he still tried, and failed.
Ember

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:27 am

He could understand that, the wanting to wait a little while for the clutch at Igen. It would mean waiting a little longer if she Impressed of course, but in a way, it made sense - her grandfather was Igen Impressed, her father was Igen Impressed, why not try for that route herself? K'rios couldn't say that he blamed her at all, especially when he contemplated her reasons behind it all; in her position, he would have likely have done the same thing.

"Oh, yeah, I probably will." He chuckled a little at that, and reached for his mug. Realizing it was almost empty, he sipped gingerly from it, not wanting to run out of drink just yet. "It was the same with our sister when she was a candidate - I was accused of being a little harsher on her than on the others. I'm sure your Surieka will come to find issue with me from time to time because of it." I t wasn't out of spite, or any other thing like that, but simply to prove that he wasn't going to act in a favorable manner towards someone of his blood.

"I look forward to meeting her though. I think she'll fit in just fine here at Atricis, no matter when she arrives." It was just a shame she hadn't been able to come down with her father, or sooner than this; then again, having been a candidate, perhaps she'd been so caught up with friends and standing to really think about it.

— Ray Bradbury —