Hello There (A'ric/Kate)

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status:

Wed May 01, 2019 12:25 am

She did wonder if everyone felt the same way she did or dealt with the same problems, but even as she thought on it, she figured that the answer was yes. Eve for those bred for the rider life couldn't be completely prepared for everything, right? Like choice hatred and stuff, that was bound to always happen right? But then, Lia hated nothing, she was happy and glad to have been chosen by Skryth, and it was shown daily with how she cared for the Zultanite, but she knew that there had to be those who hated choices, or colors possibly?

Bah, she needed to take those thoughts out of her mind, for they weren't needed. They didn't matter to her, or to the rider in front of her obviously. His chuckle confused her a little bit, but she put it off. She wanted to meet the bronze, as did Skryth, so when he landed, they both looked at him. He didn't greet them with words, but more with a rumble, which seemed to be okay to Skryth. She gave her own tiny rumble in reply to his as her eyes swirled with greens and blues. She was content and excited, and it made Lia chuckle.

"That is okay. Not everyone wants to talk right away." She was one sometimes and with Skryth, she has been learning how to leave that little safety zone that she had spent turns building. She couldn't help but look at the bronze and she smiled. "So Behemoth, how do you like being bonded to A'ric? He seems nice to me, but then, you would know more about him than I." She smiled and looked at A'ric with a small smirk. She might be trying to coax the bronze into talking, even if just to tease his rider.
Kate
Tag Status:

Fri May 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Quiet honestly, the bronze rider was happy to see that the newly graduated young woman seemed to relax a little at the mention of calling Behemoth here. It was obvious as he watched her when Behemoth landed that it helped her to relax even more. Good, that had been his whole hope all along. Even though he was a Wingleader, he was really not into making other people feel uncomfortable, and hated any situation that called for a reprimand or anything like that. It was just in his blood to be nice, and try and keep everything nice and calm and not step on anyone's toes.

Chuckling he said, "This is true. I kind of think he actually likes acting like this, its more fun for him, or something like that. Makes him seem more...mysterious." Of course, eh was only poking a little bit more fun at his dragon, his friend, but of course, at the end of the day, the two of them would still be the same way, and care for each other just as much, no matter what.

As Likkaya began speaking to the bronze, A'ric smiled. The man could tell that his dragon wanted to answer, but he was still playing it cool. Or, well, trying to anyway. Being bonded to him has its ups and downs. I've had to push him a lot, but only because I knew what we could do. Although, now he seems to be understanding that more. Although, sometimes, he's still like a child who doesn't like all these responsibilities.

Shaking his head, the bronze rider shot his dragon a glare, but couldn’t keep his face straight as he broke into a chuckle. ”Don’t let this big guy fool you. I’ve rubbed off on him a little bit as well. He’s not nearly as egotistical as he used to be.”
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status:

Sat May 04, 2019 3:02 pm

She couldn't help but look at the bronze as he landed. He was a handsome dragon, that was for sure. She looked between them though, and she could tell that there was a great bond. It was something that she loved to see, for it gave her hope that everyone will be happy with their dragons. But she also knew that there were some who weren't happy, but seemed to just tolerate it. She had seen it a lot back at Fort Weyr. But then, that isn't where she is anymore, making life seem so much better for her really.

She chuckled though and nodded lightly. "Skryth has her moments of talking too much. Sometimes I think she does it to purposely make others mad." The zultanite snorted in response but kept to her laying down and soaking up the sunlight. Lia just smiled as she looked from the zultanite to the bronze who spoke to her in response to her question. She felt slightly accomplished now, she got him to talk, and a lot.

"I mean, he does need a break sometimes. One cannot always be responsible, especially once everything has been completed." She was more asking this about herself for when she was to join a wing. She didn't want to think that she wasn't going to be able to sit and actually be herself at times. That was a scary thought really. But she did give a small laugh when A'ric teased Behemoth back. "I would say that you both have rubbed off on each other." She smiled then as she started to think on the future before herself and Skryth, was it going to be this fun as well?
Kate
Tag Status:

Tue May 07, 2019 10:32 pm

As the young woman talked about making others mad, the bronze rider could not contain a laugh. ”Well, come to think of it, I’m surprised that more people don’t hate Behemoth. He usually just says whatever he thinks, and then I have to go and apologize, which then starts a fight between the two of us. Granted, he has kind of learned to tone it down a little by now, but I still worry about it sometimes.” Of course, this earned him a glare from his dragon, but Aric just ignored it. It wasn’t like he was lying. Although, he did have to admit to himself that it was kind of odd that he was opening up like this. Maybe this was the start of him being different, in a good way, he hoped.

Looking at the big bronze, the man could not help but raise his eyebrows in a “See?” kind of way. Actually, he found himself telling his dragon quiet often that they needed a bit of rest and relaxation every once in a while, they couldn’t just keep pushing themselves like they did. It just wasn’t good for either of them. Of course he didn’t say anything. He knew the bronze knew from his look.

Giving the young woman a grin he said,”Indeed we have, and I know that I’ve rubbed off on him more than he has rubbed off on me.” Of course his tone was teasing again, and. Behemoth rumbled, scolding his rider a bit. Shaking his head, dark eyes danced with a bit of silent laughter.

Turning his attention back to Lia and said, ”So, what about you? Do you feel like you and Skryth will end up rubbing off on each other like the two of us do? I never really thought it would happen, but I know a bunch of the old riders say that there’s always a good chance.”
ImageImageImageImageImageImage