Hello There (A'ric/Kate)

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status:

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:40 am

Liakkaya and Skryth were sitting in the grass of the weyr field. They were kind of bored during their free time. It wasn't close enough to Skryth's new feeding yet, but just after a lesson. Lia was laying back on the grass staring up at the sky, while Skryth seemed to be sleeping. Lia rolled from her back to her stomach and looked at the young dragon. I know you aren't sleeping.

But what if I was? Lia chuckled as she ran her hand down the zultanite's back. You are going to need to be oiled again tonight. We will make sure to get the oil and rags after dinner. A silent rumble went through the zultanite dragon and it made Lia smile. She sat up in the grass then and noticed that Skryth mimicked her. Skryth looked up to the sky then back to Lia then.

So, what were you looking at? Is it as beautiful as me? Lia looked at Skryth and she nodded. They sky is as beautiful as you, but, I do think that you are more beautiful. That made the zultanite happy as she shuffled herself to move closer to Lia's laying body. The dragon laid her head back on the ground then, but right next to Lia's feet. Lia closed her eyes, knowing that Skryth was watching, but she was far from asleep anyways. She knew that there was still some day left, so she wasn't going to chance falling asleep and missing anything.

Not that I would let you anyways. Lia laughed when she heard Skryth and she nodded lightly. Yes, I know you wouldn't my dear. She rolled to her side so be able to look around, even still through half opened eyes.

@Kate sorry if this seems a bit odd of a starter. lmk and ill change things around!
Last edited by Tyriani on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kate
Tag Status:

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:36 am

Everything had been going fine. Actually, A'ric would have called today a great day. For once, it seemed that everything had fallen right into place. It was just one of those days where everything ran smoothly, and he didn't have to worry about anything. The drills had gone off without a hitch, which they usually did, but one never knew. Now that that was over, the young bronzerider decided he should probably get cleaned up. Today had been an early day, and he had already been thinking ahead to the little bit of stuff he still had to finish for the Wing.

Behemoth had flown off somewhere so A'ric quickly went and got cleaned up. It didn't take him that long, seeing as how he wanted to make sure he got everything accomplished that he needed to today. Honestly though, that wasn’t very likely to happen. It was too nice of a day outside to do anything other than be out there, even if he was out there by himself.

For a moment, the thought of him still being alone bothered him, but only for a second. He wouldn’t let this bother him. He and Kit were still friends, and they wanted him other to be happy. Eventually he would find someone else, but until then, he was fine with exploring his options. Frowning, the bronze rider decided that he didn’t want to think about this anymore, and decided he was just going into take a walk around.

Aric kind of just let his feet wander where they wanted, and eventually he ended up at one of the Weyr fields. A smile came to his face as he looked around, and his eyes spotted someone he did not know. Should he go over? It honestly didn’t take him long to decide that he should. Slowly he made his way over to the young woman, trying not to scare her.

Finally he was beat enough that he spoke in a gentle voice. ”It’s a beautiful day out, isn’t it?” Ok, not the most original conversation starter, but hey, it worked.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tyriani
Tag Status:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:05 am

It was peaceful and quiet, kind of how they liked things, but that still got to be a bit boring. It was almost as if Skryth was looking for someone to talk to now, because her head was bobbing around, looking, watching. It made Lia sigh contently. It made her relax and feel safe when Skryth did this, only she knew this time it was merely because she was looking for someone to talk to. But what she didn't expect was for the zultanite to focus on the form of someone coming from the Dragonrider apartments. Skryth was watching this form, but she didn't seem to be worried, just curious.

What is making you so curious? I want to know who this person is and if they think I am beautiful. Lia didn't even answer that, she knew that her answer wasn't even needed, because the zultanite started to rumbled in happiness anyways. That was the glory of their bond, Skryth knew when to cheer Lia up, and she seemed to know exactly what Lia was going to say before she even said anything anymore. But Lia sat up and rubbed the dragon's head and looked at the form, and she saw that it was one of the riders.

It didn't take long for him to come over, and asked the most cliche conversation starter, but it still made her smile. "It really is. Skryth loves the sunlight as do I." The sun does help keep me beautiful, though, I am going to need an oiling after this. That last part was a matter of fact way of saying things and Lia merely sighed lightly and nodded her head. She knew that Skryth was going to need an oiling, she was still growing. "It sounds like nothing bad happened in any drills today." She may still be a weyrling, but she did still listen to these kind of things, she would need to know for when she is in her own wing after all.
Kate
Tag Status:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:06 am

If the bronze rider could have his under a rock at that moment, he probaly would have. Honestly, he was surprised that his cheeks weren’t on fire with embarrassment. Why did he suck so badly at this? That had to be one of the worst opening lines in all of history. And what was even worse, was that he couldn’t come up with something else to say. Obviously the weather was nice, or no one would be out in it. It wasn’t like he was really trying to Impress this girl, hell, he didn’t even know her. He just found himself wishing that he could be a little smoother when it came to talking to girls.

Hopefully he didn’t seem too embarrassed or anything. While he was a Wingleader, sometimes he still didn’t know what was going on, or how to deal with things. Maybe he was just too busy? For now, he just decided that he would just try and work on this kind of stuff.

Studying her for a few moments, he smiled softly at her mention of drills. Nodding he said, ”Oh, no. You’re right, nothing went wrong. Then again, nothing usually does. I hate when something bad happens. Makes me kind of feel like I’m not a good Wingleader. so thankfully, those days are very few and far between.”

Smiling he said, ”My name’s A’ric. I really hope I’m not bothering you. I just hadn’t really seen you around before so I just figured I should introduce myself.”
Tyriani
Tag Status:

Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:43 pm

She didn't mind that he was quiet, it gave her a little bit more time to think herself. But what she was not expecting him to say though was that he was the wingleader. "Wingleader!" She nearly blushed herself as she had not known that. She dipped her head lowly as if she was trying to hide inside of herself. How could she have missed that? The knots should have given it away, but she hadn't looked at those when he first arrived. Now, she felt like a sharding idiot.

"Please do excuse me, I should have looked at your knots to address you correctly." She apologized quickly for her mistake, but that was when she felt Skryth nudge her gently. I think he is just as jealous and nervous as you are Lia. She looked down at Skryth and she sighed softly. That was when it hit her, of course he didn't know who she was. He was busy with his job as Wingleader. He probably didn't have the chance to catch up and meet all of the weyrlings when they impressed.

"Sorry, I am Liakkaya and this is Zultanite Skryth." She smiled finally, her normal smile as she looked at him. "No, you aren't bothering us at all. Skryth seems to think that it is beneficial to her to always sit in the sun. No matter how hard it makes it for me to keep her oiled." She chuckled softly as the zultanite just seemed to give off a soft rumble. It feels good, so I will do it. Lia mock rolled her eyes at the dragon before she smiled.
Kate
Tag Status:

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:37 am

For a few moments, A’ric was a bit too shocked to say anything right away. Honestly, the bronze rider felt bad that she felt bad for not noticing that he was a Wingleader. Now, everyone made mistakes, and as far as Aric was concerned, this was nothing big, and he would probably would have not noticed if she hadn’t said anything. As she bowed her head in embarrassment, he quickly tried to think of something to say to try and make her feel a bit better. As she apologized he shook his head, offering her a small smile, ”Honestly it’s alright. Don’t beat yourself up over it. I’m honestly not the type to really care about titles all that much. My dragon, yes, he cares. But seeing as how he is not here, I promise you it’s no big deal.”

While he wasn’t sure if that would make her feel better, he found himself really hoping that it would. Dark eyes glanced at her again, offering her yet another soft smile. She was a Weyrling, she really didn’t need the kind of stress she was putting on herself at the moment. Smiling softly as she introduced herself and her young dragon he said, ”Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I think I saw you walking around the Feast. I was going to try and introduce myself to all the new Weyrlings, but I just didn’t have the time unfortunately.”

The bronze rider couldn’t stop himself from chuckling as the young woman talked about how her dragon seemed to like always laying in the sun. ”Yes, I remember how mad I would get at Behemoth sometimes, but by now I’m used to it. That big bronze of mine still loves to lay in the sun, but now it just doesn’t seem as hard to oil him. Maybe that’s just because I’ve been doing it so long though.”

Looking around, dark eyes took in the scenery and he found himself content, and relaxed, for the first time in a while. ”So how is being a Weyrling treating you so far?”
Tyriani
Tag Status:

Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:11 am

He seemed to be very quick on the wanting to make her feel better. She didn't know how to feel on that, but she did feel a little better. It was something that she didn't need to stress on at the moment anyways, right? She lifted her head back up and looked at him, a small smile forming slowly. "I really do apologize. It isn't like me to forget titles and knots." Honestly, you just need to relax. If someone gets uppity about their title not being said, well, then you worry about it. The bronze rider and the zultanite both made sense to her, so she was going to keep that little thought in the back of her mind.

She slowly nodded though. "I am still gathering my bearings around the Weyr. Skryth's hatching was my first one here, and well, I guess it is a good thing that I transferred when I did." A joyful rumble came from the sunbathing dragon as she just listened to them. One thing that Lia appreciated about the dragon at the moment was the fact that she was just a calming little thing next to her. It made talking to others whom she didn't know all the better and easier. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well," the sentence quickly fell from her lips when she realized that she had skipped over that when she spoke just moments before.

Boy, she seemed like a wreck with this whole 'talking to new people' thing that people had to do. Perhaps it was just because she was just more used to telling a patient what to do when she was in her crafthall? The question about her Weyrlingness was going, she couldn't help but smile again, this time a big smile. "I love it. Skryth has her moments of trying to purposely run me into things during trust exercises, but it is still fun all the same." She placed a hand on the green tinted zultanite then as she grinned.
Kate
Tag Status:

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:50 pm

Once again, the bronze rider just waved off her apologies. While he wasn’t exactly sure if that was the best thing to do at the moment, it was what he wanted to do, and that’s just how he felt. He didn’t want her to keep apologizing to him. There was no need really, like he had already told her. If the man was being honest with himself, this young woman actually kind of reminded him of himself when he had first come to the Weyr, and even more so after he had bonded to Behemoth.

When he had Impressed to the big bronze, it felt as though all eyes (well, leadership wise anyway) were in the two of them. It actually made him very nervous, almost like what was happening with this woman he would imagine. Eventually, he learned that he could only be himself and do what he could, no matter what. Even if people were watching him, it wasn’t going to make him any more or less great than he was going to be to begin with. Sure, everyone probably had high hopes, and Behemoth had actually had the highest hopes of everyone come to think of it.

As the Weyrling spoke once more, dark eyes turned back to her, the bronzerider pulling himself from his thoughts to make sure that he was paying attention to her. Nodding he said, ”I know what that’s like. When I first moved her from Benden, I was very overwhelmed and it took me a while as well to get my bearings. It gets easier though, I promise.” Ok, that sounded kind of cliche, but if it helped her feel better, he didn’t care.

Chuckling as they began talking about the trust exercises, the man shook his head a little as well. ”Ah yes. When I was. Weyrling, those were honestly the days I hated the most. Behemoth was always strong willed, and when we had to do those, of we messed up, he would get angry and try and take it out on me and then we’d get into a fight. Since he’s grown up though now, it’s not really as bad. We could probably manage to do stuff like that now a little better."

Thinking a moment, he let a small, almost playful smirk come to his face. "Actually, would you be interested in meeting him? He likes attention, as long as it's not coming from me. And, believe it or not from what Ive told you about him, he does actually like meeting new people, especially new Weyrlings."
Tyriani
Tag Status:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:38 pm

There he went again, waving off her apologies. She was starting to wonder if she was doing wrong by apologizing, but she decided to keep that to herself really. She didn't think that they needed more things to have to listen to her apologize for. Especially since Skryth seemed to be happy to not hear her apologizing. What he said to her might have been a bit of a cliche and she has heard it from many other people. But the way that he said it, almost made it seem like it was going to happen, and not that it was just something that someone had to say to get someone to shut up.

But it was the weyrling training talk that seemed to get them both into a bubble that they felt comfortable in. She found it interesting at how A'ric and his bronze meshed while in their training, but she knew that every pair was going to be different. In fact, Skryth and herself have had their own moments or being mad at each other just because of something that might have happened during their training. Skryth seemed to perk up at the sound of being able to meet the bronze though, and she gave a look to Lia.

"I think meeting him would be wonderful." Oh please can we meet him. The zultanite was moving her way closer to the pair as she pleaded with A'ric to meet his bronze. Both of them enjoyed to meet others. For Lia, it was just getting past the first initial moments of meeting them.
Kate
Tag Status:

Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:08 am

Everything she was dealing with, A'ric had pretty much dealt with it as well. Sure, things were obviously going to be different with each pairing, but there would always be trouble spots, wouldn't there? The trust exercises she had spoken about especially. Well, in his opinion anyway. If you had a dragon with any type of strong personality, then at first, those lessons would probably not work out the greatest for you. After you and your dragon learned how to deal with t hat strong personality, then things would get better. At least, that's how it had been for him and Behemoth. The bronze had one of the biggest egos of the whole Weyr, so the man assumed that the girl would maybe still have a bit of trouble, but certainly they would get the hang of it much quicker than he and Behemoth had.

Grinning, he couldn’t stop himself from chuckling just a little as he heard the eagerness in the young girl’s voice, and it was copied in her dragon’s voice as well. Even though Behemoth sometimes had a reputation, and sometimes the way Aric talked about him, it made people NOT want to see him.

Quickly he called to the dragon, who always seemed to chide him for not doing his work, especially when he knew he was out just trying to relax. Rolling his eyes a bit, he just ignored the bronze for the most part and asked him to meet him.

It didn’t take long before the bronze easily lowered himself down out of the sky and looked around, taking in the other two that were with his rider. ”Behemoth, this is Likkaya and her dragon Skryth. And this big guy right here, is Behemoth, one of the biggest bronzes here in Atricis.”

The bronze gave a rumble in greeting and the man said, ”Unfortunately he’s not a dragon of many words sometimes, except when it comes to me. Seems like when it comes to that, he ALWAYS has something to say.”

Of course he kept his tone light and carefree, just teasing his dragon a bit, trying to get Behemoth back a little for all the times he annoyed him.